Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Design Notes July 29: A Hard Goodbye

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes July 29: A Hard Goodbye
Page 4 of 6«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/30/2016 0:42:36   
Oliver Bell
AK in Limbo!

Truely sad to hear you are leaving Geopetal, you have done a great job as Dragonfable's game lead over the years and it is safe to say you will be greatly missed, the size of this thread is clear proof of that. Best of luck with your new job and any other future endeavours, just don't forget to visit occassionally.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 76
7/30/2016 0:45:27   
Zeldax

I just hate it when a staff member leaves But good luck with your new job, Geo! Thank you so much for everything.
Post #: 77
7/30/2016 0:53:17   
Dark Lord Urmi

Goodbye Geo i enjoyed talking with you and i hope your new job goes well...i am a bit worried about DF's future if we keep losing staff...but currently we are in good hands.

don't be a stranger geo, you may be going to a new job but you can still bum around with us here in the forums whenever you want. :)

< Message edited by Dark Lord Urmi -- 7/30/2016 1:04:15 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 78
7/30/2016 1:11:07   
Firedam

Goodbye, Geo! I can't believe you're going... D: Thanks for everything, and best of luck to you!!!
DF AQW  Post #: 79
7/30/2016 1:29:52   
LurkBlackSmith

Goodbye, Geo! Good luck on your new job.

I wonder when we'll get a item that summons the Geopetal statue and it finally actually opens its eyes/moves and sings with effects to a surf up with a surfboard. While a bowling ball version to a rowdy sunshine speed with some rocky motorcycle and car with sunglasses. Also maybe add in boxing gloves and head protection to one that has a whack-a-mole hammer.

< Message edited by LurkBlackSmith -- 7/30/2016 1:46:46 >
DF  Post #: 80
7/30/2016 1:31:17   
Dark Lord Urmi

^ i like that idea a geo summon.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 81
7/30/2016 1:56:41   
Tep Itaki
Friendly!

I sad that Geo's leaving but happy that she's found another job that she likes as well. Farewell Geo, we shall keep poking you regardless

< Message edited by Tep Itaki -- 7/30/2016 1:57:09 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 82
7/30/2016 2:05:41   
nublustheaerovian

We'll miss you Geo *sniff*

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries"
"Nobody expects the Spanish inquisition"
"It's not dead, it's resting."
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 83
7/30/2016 2:10:18   
Skullkyopi

I am unsure how to fully express my thoughts on this so I'll just thank you, Geo, for the wonderful work you've given the community. It's always sad to see another part of the Dragonfable I've grown to love leave. I'll miss you. I really hope you can chime in once in a while here in the forums.

That isn't to say we will be left in less capable hands. Nobody can deny the worth of the rest of the staff's work. They've proven this time and time again. It's just... Family leaving is always a sad affair.

Normally, I'd have more to say on this, but this has hit me harder than I thought. Again, thank you for everything, and I wish you the best in your new endeavor.
DF MQ  Post #: 84
7/30/2016 2:48:09   
Shiny_Underpants

Goodbye to the steadiest of devs.
You've been around for as long as I can remember. Heh, I remember when Cysero said you'd been promoted to his assistant; in his view, it wasn't a promotion.
Then, later on, you were lead of the game.

I suppose it makes sense; Dragonfable is a training ground for game developers. What better system to produce a teacher for game developers?
I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.
Post #: 85
7/30/2016 3:15:47   
kors

This is a sad day for us all, frankly, the game did amazingly well under you. You were the rock hard support the others needed, a rumbling voice from on high for the players when you felt like rocking our world. You will be missed dearly, but we wish you luck all the same.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 86
7/30/2016 3:49:07   
dragon_master

That's just not right..
DF  Post #: 87
7/30/2016 4:57:31   
FrosticIce

It's a shame to see you go but I'm also glad that you are moving on to other things and wish you all the best. Thanks for all you've done for the game.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 88
7/30/2016 5:01:15   
Sanani

Ughhh so hard rock goodbye...
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 89
7/30/2016 7:48:05   
gakorogirl

Aw, we're so sad to see you go! Hope you have good luck with your new job, though...

Quick question, are releases going to slow after this? Like, one every other week instead of every week? Because it seems to me that that would be the best way to handle the loss of staff over the past year or so.

DF AQW  Post #: 90
7/30/2016 8:05:56   
  San Robin
Modzerella

Release schedule will continue as it has been, Tomix and Verly got this :)
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 91
7/30/2016 8:27:57   
Yozefu

Geo left us in a good hands, that's for sure.
AQ DF  Post #: 92
7/30/2016 8:30:27   
chisagen

Sad to see Geo go. She really has done so much for this game, I don't think I'll be able to thank her enough! You will be missed!

I personally like the little breaks we get to have in between story quests. Helps lighten the mood, but it just makes everything seem a little more real since our hero can't always be saving the world. Sometimes you need to just help people with the mundane things like....stuff haha.

Good luck on your next job, Geo! We are rooting for you!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 93
7/30/2016 9:08:25   
Renn Shadowheart

Geo, au revoir. You were the rock that held DF afloat from the murky waters of disaster below.

Though, I must ask.

What happens to the Valtrith/Caitiff Saga?
AQW Epic  Post #: 94
7/30/2016 9:09:24   
Yoruhikage

'Twould seem that any inspiration I would have possibly had for what to say here has already been said at least twice, so I will leave this at a simple farewell and good luck. Geo shall be missed.
On that note, instead of being sad (and some of us already foretelling the end times,) let us work together as a community to keep what Geo worked for these ten years alive and, perhaps, make it even better. We've lost one Head, but gained two (neither of which are exactly shabby themselves, you know.)
Look to starry skies, not Sepulchure's void, friends. We have a dragon to take back and a Doom Weapon to destroy.

I do hope that Geo maintains some amount of influence, though, should she find time to come around every once in a while. I can't imagine that being anything short of immensely beneficial.
Farewell, headmaster. And good luck.

And as always, battle on!

Edit: To the person that posted above me; as Geo was the head of the project and is now being, to put it bluntly, replaced by two co-leaders, it falls on them to complete the Saga. I highly doubt that it would get dropped (considering it's considered "canon" and basically part of the main story at this point.) Updates to it may or may not slow down, but we should probably assume that the Saga will be finished (if for no other reason than to immortalize Geo's final DF legacy.) We obviously won't be certain until one or both of them confirms this themselves (not to mention the fact that I'm nowhere near anything staff-related, only speculating,) but I don't exactly foresee the community being too terribly happy if they were to suddenly drop that project altogether, and they wouldn't do that to either the community or their once-teacher. Sentiment goes a long way, especially in this community (which is part of what makes it so great.)

< Message edited by Yoruhikage -- 7/30/2016 9:21:51 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 95
7/30/2016 9:26:35   
David the Wanderer
Legendary AK!

Keep in mind Geo also has the general outline of the saga already written down, and will probably give tips to the guys on how it should continue. Big sagas like this aren't written in quest format every week: first you have a concept, then you develop the general plot, flesh it out, character interactions... To the point that when you have to write the quest it boils down to writing dialogue and "directing" the cutscene(s). You, the writer, already know what's going to happen, and simply fix the details at that point.
DF AQW  Post #: 96
7/30/2016 12:23:23   
Sflamin

Thank you for making DF what it is today and good luck in whatever path you're taking next Geo. Our best wishes go with you.
DF  Post #: 97
7/30/2016 18:00:14   
Xing Hu Die

Thank you for everything geopetal and good luck.
Post #: 98
7/30/2016 18:14:39   
Dante Redorigin

Good luck and happy adventuring, Geo :3
Post #: 99
7/30/2016 18:41:10   
EagleEye Legacy

Congrats Geo. Don't forget the little guys while you're off doing big things.
DF  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes July 29: A Hard Goodbye
Page 4 of 6«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition