Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= DragonFable 14.1.0 Discussion & Feedback

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= DragonFable 14.1.0 Discussion & Feedback
Page 12 of 13«<910111213>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/11/2017 0:00:31   
Greyor_42

@deathtrilogy965

you hit the daily EXP cap. to be honest, this is actually the first time i've heard of someone accidentally doing so, considering it's a pretty large cap.
DF  Post #: 276
9/11/2017 0:19:36   
Baron Dante

^Well, isn't it always accidental?
I mean, a lot of people don't know it's a thing until they encounter it. There's at least one person asking about it every month at the Q&A, it feels like.
He WAS still farming for levels, it seems. It'd be one thing if he was just playing the game without that, and encountered it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 277
9/11/2017 2:11:44   
LouisCyphere

They should really change the way how the game says that we have reached the level cap.
For first timers, it's shocking because you think you might be in trouble.

Unlike in AQ, if you reached the gold and xp cap, you can still play but you don't earn anything and the battles aren't saved.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 278
9/11/2017 9:26:50   
Roc

What are the updates next release? Will there be a skip button for "Are Rocks Evil"?
Post #: 279
9/11/2017 12:32:17   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

quote:

What are the updates next release? Will there be a skip button for "Are Rocks Evil"?

Engine side update is going to be a pain in the butt. I discovered why things are wonky with healing, and it's because in some parts of the engine it uses "health" as an element, and in other parts, it uses "heal". So That's going to take a lot of my time to resolve.

A skip button for "Are Rocks Evil" is also a pain in the butt because there are 3 cutscenes, so it's really 3 skip buttons, and unfortunately, it isn't very easy or quick to add skip buttons. (and thoroughly test them)

Not only that, but I'm also doing the release this week, so I have even less time for adding a skip button to older content. Not saying that I don't want to or wouldn't like to- it's just lower on the long list of things to do. And I'm only one boxcat.

< Message edited by Verlyrus -- 9/11/2017 12:36:13 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 280
9/11/2017 15:41:05   
Baron Dante

quote:

Engine side update is going to be a pain in the butt. I discovered why things are wonky with healing, and it's because in some parts of the engine it uses "health" as an element, and in other parts, it uses "heal". So That's going to take a lot of my time to resolve.

Wait. a few items in the game have given "heal" resistance in the past. It was always assumed that does nothing because its not health. While it's probably not relevant, does that mean that the times we did have "heal", it did do SOMETHING?

quote:

Not only that, but I'm also doing the release this week

More Challenges? My channel just can't keep up with these. Truly a fate worse than death. :P
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 281
9/11/2017 16:35:22   
ArchNero

^

It did do something actually I remember like equipping one single "heal" resistance equipment, and it like doubled the healing of like HoT skills like for example deathknight's HoT skill was 180 or something and it increased it to 360 something. It was pretty cool. Not sure if anyone but me caught on to it.

Can't remember if it affected health potions, or passive HoTs though.
Post #: 282
9/11/2017 23:56:01   
The ErosionSeeker
*insert cheesy pun here*

Figure that this is as good a place to ask as any, is the "level difference penalty" a real thing?
As in, when you exceed the level of the monster, are you are more likely to hit them while it's slightly harder for them to hit you?

Is this why there basically hasn't been a titan monster over level 50?
DF AQW  Post #: 283
9/12/2017 2:58:48   
Greyor_42

something i've noticed while playing ranger. attack now seems to regenerate more than 15 mana. is that because of the change to wisdom, or is that a bug?
DF  Post #: 284
9/12/2017 3:33:36   
Baron Dante

ErosionSeeker: It definitely has been a thing. It probably still is.
It's also why Extreme bosses have increased level, I believe.
(And there sure was a titan that scaled to your level, and that makes it a fair bit harder than normal, honestly)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 285
9/12/2017 16:45:53   
Legendary Ash

Level difference has two confounding variables, as the combat modifiers scale to a particular level, there is an expected bonus to hit from items and stats, higher levels have more points from items and stats thereby performing better, then there is the level effectiveness modifier which uses the growth of stat curve to adjust stats to a more fitting quadratic value as would your damage increase quadratically due to the relationship among crit, crit damage and mana increases.
AQ  Post #: 286
9/13/2017 18:55:26   
DreadLancer

Well sorry for my english and slow response Boxcat ;< Shadowhunter bug skips the animation and he doesn't apply DMG ( The One Crit Shoot) it happens often on quest Castle Valtrith with jumping. my items that may caused the problem baltael's aventail, Sanguine Skullstaff of Doom , Stan the scan orb, summon gem illumina. I'm just not sure if the Bug occur only on this quest.

< Message edited by DreadLancer -- 9/13/2017 18:57:24 >
Post #: 287
9/15/2017 9:38:02   
ArchNero

Seems like the healing situation has been fixed. Thanks Verly.

Post #: 288
9/16/2017 20:38:17   
abbc de

Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone knows if LUK doesnt affect your Bonus stat anymore after this update?

I noticed that my bonus didnt go up when I resetted my LUK to be 200.

Thanks
Post #: 289
9/17/2017 1:57:22   
Skullkyopi

Hi. Could somebody kindly summarize all the combat changes since the last design note post? I feel like there's been too many changes in too short a time to properly remember all of them.

The one thing I know of is the DoT not having double damage due to negative enemy resistances.

Anything else to know of?
DF MQ  Post #: 290
9/17/2017 2:46:33   
Sakurai the Cursed

@abbc de - Luk actually never affected Bonus. What it did, and still does, is increase your "direct hit" chance. That's the 1% minimum chance to hit that you have no matter how high your enemy's defenses are or how low your Bonus is. I don't know if Verly tweaked the numbers at all, but before this update at least, Luk added 1% chance to that for every 25 points, so at 200 Luk it was +8% for a total of 9% minimum chance to hit. But keep in mind this does absolutely nothing unless your chance to hit is lower than that; if you have a 10% chance to hit in that case then Luk doesn't help you hit more, it only stops you from going below (1+Luk/25)%. It's very time consuming, but if anyone wants to test this for themself, I'd suggest using Sir Ruppenwaffles with less than 50 Bonus, you'll have 100% glancing blow chance minus your Direct Hit chance (also your crit chance, but you can just ignore those) and has nice low damage for long and easy testing.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 291
9/18/2017 20:24:45   
GammaCavy

We understand you are only one boxcat, Verly. We don't begrudge you your space, and will even clean it for you if you want. Thanks to the tireless work of you and Tomix, O Purrable One. That makes eleven years I have faithfully played this game, lived in this world, loved all the wonderful characters you brought into being, and I will follow it for many more years still, I am sure. Have a virtual fish and thanks for the combat update!

Please do not include real-life information, such as your age, on the forums. ~Gingkage

< Message edited by Gingkage -- 9/19/2017 13:34:12 >
DF  Post #: 292
9/19/2017 8:00:15   
Shiny_Underpants

Just popping in to note that the shield on Riftwalker hasn't been fixed yet.

This renders Riftwalker weak to enemies with powerful guaranteed crit bursts. Envy's healing attack in the Tomix Saga Finale part 1 would kill Riftwalker in a single shot (at my level, anyway), regardless of the defensive abilities applied.
Extremely hard hitting enemies (such as the Vurrmen in the filler quests) still do a sizable degree of damage with the reduction.
Riftwalker as it is seems more like a tier 2 class, which doesn't compare with Cryptic's tier of (arguably) 3.5 or Ascendant's tier of 3... etc.

Is a fix for the shield planned, currently?
Post #: 293
9/19/2017 10:08:55   
Chewy905

Chromatic ArchKnight of RP

@Shiny: There's nothing to fix. The shield is working as it should be. At it's core riftwalker is a glass cannon class, designed to blow things up before they blow it up. Thematically, the shield is perfect. (I would still like it to no longer say "Can't hit me now!" cause that makes no sense)
Post #: 294
9/19/2017 12:26:06   
TimeKiller

I feel like the defense skill nerf on cryptic is taking away a lot of what the skill was designed to be a class that the enemy isn't able to "see" and makes the class a lot less powerful than it used to be cuz most cryptic builds are mostly mana and damage
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 295
9/19/2017 12:35:17   
Shiny_Underpants

I thought the previous consensus (page 2 and 3) was that the shield should be changed to MPM?

Classes are not designed with the intention of having a single applicable strategy. Riftwalker is limited enough as it is, and surely the lack of healing abilities is enough to render it a glass cannon. I don't really see why we should be restricting its uses further.
The shield previously allowed a two turn window in which to defeat the enemy before taking damage. This made it ideal for dealing with mobs quickly.

Now, critical hits from mobs penetrate its shield, and you take considerable damage from merely advancing through a quest; a mini-boss, with no healing option, now puts Riftwalker at a far greater disadvantage. These quests were previously its only real strength.
And add Faust to the list of bosses the class will now always fail against.

Glass cannon or not, the class should still be thematically on par with the other Atealan classes. It was weaker before the changes, and it's only been weakened further.

Edit: It is not canon to call a glass cannon a canon.

< Message edited by Shiny_Underpants -- 9/19/2017 14:43:37 >
Post #: 296
9/19/2017 13:05:37   
andybaum005

I honestly agree with Shiny, here. This update (While I do really like it) did kind of kill Riftwalker. Yes, it's supposed to be a bursty class, but it's still supposedly a tier-3 class as well, which means it should still be capable of taking down the vast majority of bosses in the game without too much trouble, so long as the right strategy is provided. As of now, almost any boss that can do a large amount of damage and has a reasonable amount of HP can take it down very easily, even without stuns or DoTs, whereas just about any other tier-3 class (or even most tier-2 classes) can get around that. Not winning in the first few turns should simply mean you do less damage and you might take some later on, not an almost-automatic death. The shield should definitely be switched to MPM, if you ask me.

< Message edited by andybaum005 -- 9/19/2017 13:12:30 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 297
9/19/2017 17:31:16   
admahu

Ascendant's shield isn't MPM, just like Riftwalker. So, I don't see the argument that Riftwalker isn't on par with the other base classes or tier 3 classes.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 298
9/19/2017 19:45:22   
Greyor_42

@admahu

the difference is that ascendent can actually sustain itself to a degree, and gets stronger throughout a fight. riftwalker gets WEAKER throughout a fight and has no way to regen anything without a trinket or weapons special.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 9/19/2017 19:46:44 >
DF  Post #: 299
9/19/2017 22:15:52   
admahu

It still hardly seems effected. Taking 20% damage on those 2 turns is basically nothing, it can still kill many random enemies in 1 turn, 2 guaranteed. If you don't want to take damage while doing that, use the stun now instead of the shield. I beat the Inn at the edge of time challenges with my Riftwalker after the combat update, so it is hardly crippled. (I did use my 2 potions and I think one of those full heal temp items)

Idk about auto-crit enemies, but I beat Faust just now out of curiosity and only lost 15% of my health in the process. Maybe use the skill that reduces damage by 50% for any such boss instead, it even lasts 3 more turns.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 11 [12] 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= DragonFable 14.1.0 Discussion & Feedback
Page 12 of 13«<910111213>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition