FR & AQW Q&A/Sugg
AQWorlds Patch Notes
Check the list of bug fixes to see what the team has addressed
Reens, Cemaros and the AQW Bug Hunter team are busy squashing the bugs you submit each week to the Bug Tracker at www.Artix.com/bugs.
Please do not send non-release bugs on Twitter. They will get lost. Make sure you send bug report forms!
Check back weekly to see if the bug you reported has been addressed. Please remember that not all bugs are "easy fixes" so some reported and confirmed bugs from each week may not be on the fixed list as they will require more time or a different person to fix them.
If you would like to know how the reports go from you to fixed, check this page:
August 13, 2018
- Undead Paladin Token has been given an increase in the drop rate. We’re still not going to confirm the rate though!
- Quibble has been convinced it’s vacation time.
- Mitsu Bishi’s shop has now opened.
- Book pages in Necrodungeon look better now.
- Cutscene “The End?” in Xancave names you now, and vanishing ring mystery has been solved.
- Cutscene “Mad Giant” character model now shows up.
- Knave1's quest "Weaken the Moya" no longer 1 time only.
- Typos! Are these just a given yet? Do I need to say it every week?
Not Fixed & Why:
- Armor of War and Golden Armor of War now have skelly face.
- Herald of Stalagbite female skin is now CC.
August 7, 2018
- Vampire Armor/Class males having different eye scleras. The Vampire Class is a male only morph, so the eyes could be recoloured. The Armor is not a morph so needs to use standard eye colours.
- Shadow Blade Shinobi Hair shading. Hair can come in 3 “tones” or “shades”, dark, light or none. Helm shading is artist opinion.
- Cutscenes at Yokai Boat play properly now.
Not Fixed & Why:
- Infernal Caladbolg shrunk. Given growth potion.
- Golden Fury male no longer missing a bit of leg/hip.
- Thief of Hours and Lucky Knight have been de-pixeled (unpixeled?).
- Darkblood Stormking Armor and Class art, male now has a Darkblood face & head.
- Tiki Fun female now holds weapons correctly.
Since this is a short week for bug fixings, some things had to be put off until next week. Check back then! (And every week really!)
- Helms in the Pirate Shop - these items are so old they are CC to hair. They use the darker shade to differentiate them from your hair.
- Royal Romance Garb male foot/leg connection. This is the way it was made.
- Keytar is not actually upside down. Facing left, you can read the name Soland in it. This is how it was intended to be.
July 30, 2018
- Arcane Blade of Glory and Shadow Blade of Despair exp boosts fixed.
- Artix Wedding Merge shop in /weddingdead has been convinced not to kick players now.
- Dual Raider’s Rapiers renamed to Dual Raider’s Cutlasses to match art.
- Caladboogly, Caladbolg and all variants now fit in the hand properly.
- Frostval Fixes:
- Frostval In July /battleontown added so that quests which rely on it can be completed.
- Major Moglin's shop fixed.
Not Fixed & Why:
- Tainted Crown and Tainted Crown of Shadow eyes CC now true to colour.
A special entry for this week! A new quest has been added at Confrontation. If you previously did Build Drakath’s Armor (before the badge was added), you can now go back to Confrontation with your Original Drakath Armor in your inventory and just pick up your badge from the new Drakath's Armor quest. No more waiting for it to be placed by us when you write in! YAY!
- ShadowWalker/Stalker of Time Clocks are not meant to be held. They are supposed to float with you.
- Festive Snow Morph (and Locks) player mouth showing is intentional.
- Arcane/Eternal DC armours knee colour is intentional to cover up the knee join when it peeks out on /rest.
- Reshaper Hair showing red at the edge is intentional to match the Reshaper armour.
July 24, 2018
- Necrotic Caster's Skull Pet has decided what type of pet it is.
- Shadow Assassin's Puppeteer cape exp bonus fixed.
- Baby Shadow (dragon pet) renamed to Tiny Shadow Dragon. A Shadow Dragon already existed so it couldn’t just be that.
- From the Stargazer Shop: Stargazer’s C-2000 single and dual versions added. StarGazer's Dual Blades were misnamed.
- Thunderfang map lets you back into /nothing once again.
- Dwarfhold remake fixes:
- Forge Metal shop now opens right shop.
- No longer locked out of Upper Dwarfhold if you lose your key.
- Arrow pointing to the new room in Dwarfhold added.
- Mick Guyver will let you get more Thermite if you lose yours.
Not Fixed & Why:
- Dark Void Monk and Void Monk of Nulgath have finally realized they are completely different items.
- Bladed Daggers of Souls hilt colour fixed.
- Lionfang Pet no longer all up in ya bidness.
- Cunning Fox Tail stays on when standing still and running, which are the only ones we can really fix for, so stays as is.
- Runed Shadow Wings rune is where they have to go due to character model limitations.
- Solar Protector Wings is a perspective thing. This is they way the artist intended them.
- Deadly Assassin's Locks and Horned Assassin's Locks are different. One is CC, one is not.
Old Patch Notes:
July 16, 2018
July 3, 2018
June 25, 2018
June 18, 2018
June 11, 2018
June 4, 2018
May 28, 2018
May 21, 2018
14 May 2018
May 7, 2018
April 30, 2018
April 23, 2018
April 16, 2018
April 9, 2018
April 2, 2018
March 26, 2018
March 19, 2018
March 13, 2018
March 5, 2018
February 26, 2018
February 19, 2018
February 12, 2018
February 5, 2018
January 29, 2018
January 22, 2018
January 15, 2018
January 8, 2018
January 2, 2018
December 18, 2017
December 11, 2017
December 4, 2017
November 27, 2017
November 20, 2017
November 13, 2017
November 6, 2017
October 30, 2017
October 23, 2017
October 16, 2017
October 9, 2017
October 1, 2017
Class Updates from Arklen and team!
Arklen and the Class Design Team will now also be giving some information*** on what they work on each week. Arklen would also like to let you know you can give him feedback on classes on his twitter - @Arklen_AE
***Obviously secret things like details of unreleased classes won’t appear here.
****Classes may be subject to change, determined by player feedback. DNs will be posted in that event.
March 13, 2018
This will also be the last week that Class things appear in the Patch Notes. Arklen is going to begin posting DNs about class changes now. So no more getting lost in the shuffle!
Soul Cleaver/Exalted Soul Cleaver/Dark Harbinger/Exalted Harbinger
Scarlet Sorceress to Blood Sorcerer
- Blood Price - Removed `Exalted` stacking buff
- Blood Price - `Blood Price` damage increased by 5% granting a total of 125% all out increase.
Please refer to THIS Design Notes post for detailed information about this change.
Class Team Note: Consumable Potions/Elixirs/Tonics/Scrolls max stack has been raised to 99! A few consumables items such as ‘Potion of Haste’ has been limited to 30. The Arcangrove daily potions such as ‘Elder’s Blood’ are still limited to 3.
March 5, 2018
Class Team Note: Classic Legion Doomknight, Classic Exalted Soul cleaver, Classic Soul Cleaver are all considered rare classes. Over the weekend, Classic Legion Doomknight accidentally returned for 2,000 ACs and has been since corrected in the shop.
February 26, 2018
Classic Soul Cleaver/Classic Exalted Soul Cleaver
Class Team Note: Over the upcoming weeks, a few class skill icons will be getting updated.
- Blood Price - No longer gives a random Damage over Time.
- Blood Price - Now gives the correct 75% damage increase
February 19, 2018
- ‘Armageddon’ - ‘Arbiter’s Wrath’ now gives 30% crit damage
- ‘Armageddon’ - ‘Arbiter’s Wrath’ duration now lasts for 8 seconds
- ‘Slingshot Web’ - Description has been updated.
Any classes that had a large amount of space in front of their description has been removed.
- ‘Destiny or Doom’ - Description has been updated.
Class Team Note: These Void Highlord changes should increase your damage short term and have you hitting even bigger crits! The description to Armageddon was incorrect previously as Arbiter’s Wraith was only providing 20% crit damage until now.
Notes from the Bug Hunters
Hey everyone! We the Bug Hunters would like to give you a few links, point out a few things about the process, and basically give a bit of insight into the process so that you know what's going on from when you encounter and report a bug onwards. So first, check out these links.
PTR Bug Reports - While this DNs is technically about PTR bug reports, it has some good tips about useful information to have in a report.
Bug Reporting FAQ - An overview of the pipeline for when a bug report comes in.
Known Bugs - This list has known bugs, so reports that come in on these will get closed right away and not tested.
Screenshots - A Patch Notes Extra section on how to supply us with useful screenshots.
Now, some things to keep in mind and a bit of insight into how bug hunting works!
1. Art stuff tends to be pretty subjective. Say you send in a report saying something is positioned strangely or has weird colours or the like. Assuming it goes to the Hunters (Cemaros and Tris will go through them first to weed out ones that aren't a bug and/or need a reply email), we'll take a look at it. We'll often make some comparisons to other armours, weapons, etc. to see if it looks like it's off. If it is, we'll send it up, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will be changed. So if you submit a report about something being positioned weird and it never changes, it might be either deemed unnecessary or it might be so old that it's not going to be changed. Alternately, if the artist sends something in one way and it looks weird and gets reported, it might stay, simply because that's how the artist submitted it.
2. Dage and Nulgath items will usually only be tested with their own sets. They will sometimes use different templates or do wacky things with their sets. As a result, these items will pretty much only be tested within their own set, so if something doesn't fit with other items in the game (cape wings positioned too high, for example) but it goes fine with the set it is intended for, it'll likely stay.
3. Testing can take a while. There have been cases where multiple Hunters tried to replicate a bug but failed, but another Hunter through one convoluted process or another managed to replicate the bug so it could be sent up months later. So if you report a bug, don't necessarily expect it to be fixed by the following week (if, indeed, it'll be fixed at all). Sometimes it'll take quite a while for someone to figure out the correct way to replicate the issue.
4. As alluded to in a couple of the above points, sending in a bug report doesn't guarantee something will be changed. There are usually a ton of reasons why, but ultimately the final decision falls upon Cemaros, Tris, and Reens. They can pass bug reports to the Hunters, and we can look at them and send them up, but sometimes decisions will be made even before it goes to the Hunters or other times they'll look at the result and decide it's not going to change. If they decide that it's not an issue that can be fixed, then nothing can be done.
5. If you don't report it, we can't fix it! There is that list in second link above of bugs that the reports will be immediately closed for, but if your bug isn't on that list, report it! Changes to the system as well as Bug Hunter Leads means sometimes things get overlooked or forgotten, so a fresh report might be needed to get the process to fix it going. It's better to have three or four reports of the same issue rather than having no reports and it being unfixed. Remember, you need to use the Bug Tracker for reports! Things given on the forums, whether it is in this thread or elsewhere, will not be considered valid reports and will not be looked into.
6. Screenshots are amazing. Please be sure to read the section at the end of the first link above about screenshots. They're a huge help for us when looking at a report because they let us see what you're seeing so we know what to be on the lookout for. If you can include a screenshot, do! That said, you'd be surprised at the amount of information we can get from a full screen image that you may not think is helpful so please, do not crop the image down! Give us an image of the entire game screen and if necessary add indicators like circles or arrows to point out the problem spot(s).
7. PTR bugs may go unfixed for a little while, so if you're in the habit of playing on those servers, be aware of that. There are some bugs that arise in PTR that may not be fixable without breaking things in live servers, so they'll have to wait until the rewrite goes live to be fixed. Bear with us on these!
8. Please do yourself and us a favour and hit O or check the options and see what server you are one. While it would be nice if all servers were the same, the fact is sometimes things break on one server (usually Artix) that don't break on another, so we need to know which server to test it on. While there is an option of "I don't remember", that doesn't help us as much, so please take the extra couple seconds to double check your server and fill that in on the report!
9. If you're sending in a report on a weapon being improperly positioned, please include both the weapon and the armour you are using it with. Sometimes the weapon is positioned properly and it's actually the arm on your armour that's positioned improperly, leading to a strange grip position. Because it could be weapon position, arm position, or both that are causing the issue, it's helpful for us to test it as you're seeing it. We can do some extra tests to determine which one it might be, so please let us know both the weapon and armour!
< Message edited by Shadowhunt -- 8/14/2018 13:49:14 >