Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=DF= Battle Strategy Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= Battle Strategy Thread
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/29/2017 12:07:43   
  Zyrain
The Arcane

Struggling to defeat a recent challenge monster? Or need some guidance with an old yet powerful boss? Then here's the place to get strategy advice, or give it! We want to invite as much discussion as possible and see all the comparisons in strategies, however, there are a few ground rules:

• This thread is for battle/armor strategy questions ONLY. That means, "How do I beat [monster]?", or "How can I properly use [armor]" and perhaps, "How do I beat [specific quest]?". This thread is NOT for questions about what weapons/other equipment your character should have in general, or what stats your character should have, or any other question that is NOT about battle/armor strategy.

• Be Respectful. Just because you disagree with someone's opinion does not mean you should go and offend that user. Move on if that subject matter does not suit you. If you cannot control your behavior, refrain from posting until you're able to do so.

• Be Constructive. Constructive criticism is meant to improve something; not expressed through ranting, whining, or complaining. Any feedback offered must include the issue at hand and offer wordy feedback about what worked, what didn't, and what may have helped make it better. If you want to criticize, do so with the intent to give help, not tear down.

• If you wish to create a a Battle Strategy Guide, please use the DragonFable Guides forum.

When asking for strategy advice, please use the below templates for guidance and be sure to provide as much information as possible.

Monster/Quest
    [b]Monster/Quest Name:[/b]
    [b]Character Link:[/b]
    [b]Dragon Amulet (yes/no):[/b]
    [b]Level:[/b]
    [b]Build:[/b]
    [b]Weapons Equipped:[/b]
    [b]Accessories Equipped:[/b]
    [b]Stats:[/b]
    [b]Pets Equipped:[/b]
    [b]Previously Used Strategies:[/b]
    [b]Notes:[/b]
    Armor/Titan
    [b]Armor:[/b]
    [b]Dragon Amulet (yes/no):[/b]
    [b]Level:[/b]
    [b]Skills trained:[/b]
    [b]Primal Skills available (if the armor is DragonRider):[/b]
    [b]Previously Used Strategies:[/b]
    [b]Notes:[/b]
  • AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
    1/18/2018 0:06:28   
    Ninjaofthehi0

How do I beat the Otherworldly double fight? I'm lvl 85 and if theres anything to make it possible I'd like to know
    Post #: 2
    1/18/2018 6:21:50   
    Luma

This guide may help. It's meant for players that do not have some of the optimal gear which are either seasonal, or rare. Thanks to Aries and AstralCodex from the DF Discord server for making this guide.

Rose Researcher's Mask (85) is a better helm for more Nature resist than the one currently stated in the guide since they didn't realize it at first and just wasn't able to update it yet, I guess. If you don't have the highest level version of Aika Backguard which can be acquired from the Deepest Neverglades, Necro Paragon IV cape can work too, albeit providing a bit less resistance. As for the Spystaff of Static III, the Spyblade III as well as the Spybrand III variants are alternatives if you're a Warrior, or a Rogue respectively. Stacking potions via Cloak Scrap, alternatively, can also be done using Pirate's Plunder skill. Not only can it get you extra HP pots, but extra MP ones too. Though it's worth noting that if you use Plunder, you can only get up to 4 potions of each type rather than Cloak Scrap's limit of 5 for HP potions.

I've personally beaten the challenge even without fully trained HP/MP pots, with HP pots only healing about 600+ and MP pots for only 150+, but it will surely be useful the higher level you have them trained.

< Message edited by Luma -- 1/18/2018 6:36:40 >
    DF AQW  Post #: 3
    2/8/2018 8:48:18   
    creepy gy

Monster/Quest Name: Elemental Chaos (Siofra, Theano)
    Character Link: Under avatar
    Dragon Amulet (yes/no): Yes
    Level: 85
    Build: I dont know
    Weapons Equipped: Doomed Dragon Amulet Scythe Of Elementals
    Accessories Equipped: Doom Dragon Wings (LVL 80), Ornamented Seal Ring of the Papermancers (LVL 77), Mirrored DragonLord Helm (LVL 80), Akriloth's Bane IV (LVL 60), Dragon's Patience (lvl 1), Unhallowed DeathKnight Belt (lvl 80), Hero's Armband (lvl 85 )
    Stats: End: 140 Luk:200 Wis:70
    Pets Equipped: Non
    Previously Used Strategies: Non
    Notes: Best way to kill them (Is there any cheese like in Dragon challenges?)
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 4
    2/13/2018 22:46:04   
    Da Awesomancer

@creepy gy I don't know of any true cheese tactic for Elemental Chaos, however, if you put as many stat points as possible into END before grabbing Aegis and Mritha as partners, you can give yourself a nigh permanent shield that should keep you alive and unstunned for most of the battle while you strike down Theano. Once he's down, your partners' usefulness is greatly reduced, but so long as they stay alive, you still retain your ability to no sell most attacks sent your way. I find the best class to use with this strategy to be DragonLord (Patience) since it grants the greatest defensive abilities for keeping yourself going when one or more guests are taken down. Pet dragon with max Protection training is also good.
    DF AQW  Post #: 5
    2/14/2018 4:59:22   
    Commander_In_Red

@creepy gy

The only success I've ever seen (and is somewhat of a cheese strat) is the use of the Icebound Revenant class. It has a skill that gives the opponent a -100 resistance to Ice, regardless of current resistances. It costs a fair few DC to get the class if that's an issue for you.

spoiler:

Start the fight by focusing on Siofra, inflicting the aforementioned debuff and smack him down. The Icebound Revenant also has a load of Ice based DoT's, so use those as often as possible. Bring allies to take some of the hits for you while you do this. Artix has a full self-heal if he gets too damaged and has high Light damage output, Nythera has a wide selection of elemental attacks that you can use on Siofra when his resistances to those elements lowered naturally and can heal herself when needed, and Aegis has some very powerful Ice attacks that can be used in conjunction with the Icebound Revenant's. Defeat him ASAP, then start on Theano. When his blade starts to shine, defend yourself in any way you can; that next attack may hurt. Can't remember if he can be stunned, but if he can, do that as often as possible. Eventually, he'll go down as well and you'll win the fight.

< Message edited by Commander_In_Red -- 2/14/2018 5:02:07 >

The pessimist complains about the wind;
    the optimist expects it to change;
    the realist adjusts the sails.
    - William Arthur Ward
    DF  Post #: 6
    2/14/2018 5:17:46   
    Greyor_42

quote:

It has a skill that gives the opponent a -100 resistance to Ice, regardless of current resistances.

That's not quite what it does.

quote:

If Foe ice resist is 40 or lower - 60% damage and inflicts -30 to Ice resist for 99 turns.
    If Foe ice resist is 50 to 90 - 60% damage and inflicts -60 to Ice for 99 turns.
    If Foe ice resist is 91 or above - 60% damage and inflicts -200 to Ice for 99 turns.

So it's more that the more ice resistance your opponent has, the more IBR punishes them for it. Since siofra has an All resistance of 100, its treated as having 100 ice in regards for that skill. So, it falls in line for the -200 infliction, which sets him down to having a total of -100 after everything is done.
    But yes, IBR is generally one of the best options if you have the dragon coins to get it. Moreso if you own either the frozen claymore(which is rare) or vanilla ice katana if you weren't able to get the claymore on time, or didn't keep it, due to their specials stacking with revenant's curse.
    DF  Post #: 7
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= Battle Strategy Thread
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition