Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Guide: Current MechQuest Builds and How to Obtain Them

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest Guides >> Pending Guides >> RE: Guide: Current MechQuest Builds and How to Obtain Them
Page 4 of 7«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/21/2008 13:17:26   
Fighter41523

More onto tempest of nights ideas

drakel war armor: This is another highly used mecha that is really powerful, especially with arm of zeus and all of its specials, this requires a special build, because without its specials it is nothing, the average damage is lower than other mecha of its lvl, so it needs some power, but its specials are also very important so your secondary stat should be luck to make its specials more potent and crits happen more, and its third stat, to make sure that all of its specials get their chance and to make sure that all of its critical hits connect should be accuracy, or perception for those hard hitting enemys, or incase you get stunned you can keep up your hp while you can't hit

this is for sc lvl 25 for lower lvls keep the same proportions and non-sc
Stats:

power 60
luck 60
accuracy 30

Note this build also works very well for the 4oJ mecha because the arm weapons both stun and the shoulders both have DoTs, and again because of the specials the average damage is a little lower so it needs the power, the luck is to make the specials happen more often, and the third stat is kind of tricky but accuracy works fine because you want the specials to happen

This build should work well for dpa especially with an arm of zeus, if anyone thinks otherwise then tell me, please

< Message edited by Fighter41523 -- 8/21/2008 13:30:22 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 76
8/21/2008 13:23:55   
tempestofnight
Banned!

I like it, fighter. Good work, nice distribution.

Guys, leave tread alone. He's right, he JUST added this guide. He's told me of his planned pace, and it's perfectly fine.

If you have REASONABLE ideas to contribute, then fine. But if you just feel like posting your personal custom build, then don't. That isn't what this thread is for. If you'd like to share your build, I advise you to check out the tagged thread for the release.

If you're looking for formulas or answers to questions, you can try the tagged thread or the Q&A section. Tread isn't here to answer your questions.

That said, more ideas THAT MAKE SENSE should be contributed. If you have a PLAUSIBLE build, then I'm sure tread will entertain it and give some feedback. But make sure you think before you post. If someone else has already posted that build or something similar, you don't need to repeat it. Original and intelligent builds are welcome.
AQ  Post #: 77
8/21/2008 13:33:47   
krusher64n

Kurusawa Build: This Mech isn't as often used, due to its low health, and its nova gem cost. However, this mech can be quite powerful. Although it lacks health, it has low cooldowns, and does high damage. With Iron Stance and the hanzos, its attacks can be very powerful.
This is for a lvl 25 SC, but if you are a non-SC or a lower lvl, use a similar ratio.
Power- 50.
Power is needed to make the most out of its lack of health. With more damage, you can destroy enemies faster, and not worry about being killed.

Perception-65.
Perception is needed, due to its lack of health. If it takes less damage, it can survive more, and deal more damage.

Luck-34.
Luck is also important. Luck determines special rate (possibly) for its offensive specials, immobility resistance so it doesn't get destroyed quickly, initiative (so it can strike first), and critical chance (for maximum damage).

Efficiency-1 Efficiency isn't that important. However, the 1st point of efficiency removes 1 energy from all of your attacks. This is useful since you only have 195 energy, and it is only 1 point needed.

< Message edited by krusher64n -- 8/21/2008 13:46:33 >
DF MQ  Post #: 78
8/21/2008 13:34:33   
saronius

Well, im not sure about Original and Intelligent ideas, but i scanned the thread and dint find this one, so here goes,

This is something im testing rite now, but has anyone thought about a pure critical build?

If you have weapons with specials that have a 50% chance, with a full critical build (all points to Luck) you can raise that to around 75% chance, looking at it on a chance based approach.

This build would idealy be good for those mech models that rely on base power and specials rather than any additional tactics.

Out of 10 hits atleast 6 will be a special or a critical,

Inputs are welcome,

Cheers!
Post #: 79
8/21/2008 13:35:17   
Drakex500

Ive done 75power and 75luck with my AWB and it works fine for me!

~ Raira
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 80
8/21/2008 13:39:27   
tempestofnight
Banned!

saronius, that's not a bad idea. But no original or intelligent posts? Did you not read my post at the bottom of page 3? It outlines standardized builds for each house, with standard deviations and rationale for each. That wasn't good enough for you?

Drakex500, a build with just power and luck is already added, its the second link in the first post. It's almost exactly the same as the one you suggested.

Please don't post ideas that have already been given or used. It clutters the thread and it's spam. It ends up killing threads.

If you were looking to just share your build and/or comment that it works, you can post in the =MQ= release thread. Thanks!
AQ  Post #: 81
8/21/2008 13:40:06   
TreadLight

saronius, that's exactly what I just added to the guide, i just need to make a spreadsheet for it.

I've decided to split the Basic Builds section into two parts, the Sure Builds section, and the Chance Builds section.

I did this because Chance stats and Sure stats are both very commonly used.

tempest, I think he meant that there weren't any posts that pertained to what he wanted to suggest, not that there weren't any good suggestions at all.

< Message edited by TreadLight -- 8/21/2008 13:41:21 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 82
8/21/2008 13:42:26   
Fighter41523

krusher64n your post wasn't there when I was making this one, but I would say that efficancy is more important than luck, and my build would look like this

another amazing mecha, and one that I would say is one of the best in the game, is like mystraven, high risk high return, is kurosawa shimada, it has very low hp for a mecha of its lvl, so for that it needs perception, and a lot of it, and it also needs some reflex for defense too, but it also has iron stance to make up for that, but that mainly helps to stay alive to do your hakari strike but enemys almost never hit you when you are in it, but with your reflex they will hit you less all the time, and one attack gets 40% extra damage. But because of hikari strike when you get below 10% of your hp your antidium hanzos have a high chance, like 75% to do a garunteed hit and use all of your ep. But you still need power to help make up for the huge differance in hp, and to make your already powerful weapons more powerful. But instead of reflex you could also have accuracy so your power makes more of a differance in the end. so your stats should look something like this

stats:

Perception 75
power 50
reflex or accuracy 25

I really wish they would give us the formulas because then we would know exactly what everything does to make better builds

< Message edited by Fighter41523 -- 8/21/2008 13:58:46 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 83
8/21/2008 13:44:45   
saronius

As TL said what i was trying to say was that im not sure if my idea is any bit original or intelligent, but it still hasnt been put out there ;)

Cheers!
Post #: 84
8/21/2008 13:47:05   
element resistance
Helpful!

You know whats weird, Having WolfBlade Luck and Accuracy to 15 each while MystRaven Perception and Accuracy to 15 each.

Am I getting somewhere or no?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 85
8/21/2008 13:52:18   
tempestofnight
Banned!

Element, you can talk about that in the release thread. You really don't have a point, but you can discuss that stuff in the tagged thread.

Oh, thanks saronius, I understand.

Fighter41523, efficiency (which is what I assume you meant even though you spelled it wrong) is most likely only going to be useful in large quantities. I don't think that 25 would be worth it. You're neglecting other stats that could maximum kurusawa's potential.
Furthermore, I think Tread will be adding the house mech builds first.

Tread, do you need help editing the spreadsheets?
AQ  Post #: 86
8/21/2008 14:03:57   
TreadLight

No, I don't really need any help. Though, thanks for the offer.

Though, if you have OpenOffice, then I can send you the .odf so that you can have the template I use to make the spreadsheets.

You can then make custom builds, if you'd like.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 87
8/21/2008 14:23:36   
dmc3321

i just want to say to Tred good job and good luck on this

[url=http://gpxpl.us/ZCcid][img]htt
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 88
8/21/2008 15:18:27   
tempestofnight
Banned!

Tread, you should try merging the sheets for each house's build. It may be more organized and just as helpful.

Guys lets stop it with the spam and delete the spammy posts please. If you have a message for tread, use the PM system, don't make a pointless post. There's no reason to post just to tell people what you decided to do. That's what the release thread is for.

If you don't have something for the GUIDE, then don't post!

< Message edited by tempestofnight -- 8/21/2008 15:27:25 >
AQ  Post #: 89
8/21/2008 15:42:36   
Wow.

@tempestofnight

"Wolfblade Mechs (at L25, SC) (distribute proportionally at lower levels and for non SC):

70 Efficiency
50 Power
30 Luck or Accuracy"

That Efficiency level is very inefficient.

With the Advanced Wolfblade Mech, all of the weapons take 38 EP.

With 38 EP, a weapon gets it's EP usage reduced at these amounts of points.

-1 EP with 1 EFF
-2 EP with 27 EFF
-3 EP with 53 EFF
-4 EP with 79 EFF
-5 EP with 106 EFF
-6 EP with 132 EFF
-7 EP with 158 EFF
-8 EP with 185 EFF

So having 70 will get you -3 EP, but you'll be wasting 17 EP that can go into something else. If you want -4 EP, you can put 9 more into it and take them out of something else. Either way, 70 is a waste of points.

EDIT: Oh, and there really shouldn't be a "set" amount for efficiency for overall use. It really depends on the EP usage of the weapons you're using. If you go from using a mech that has 34 EP weapons to one that uses 38 EP weapons, your points won't be used as efficiently.

< Message edited by Wow. -- 8/21/2008 15:49:45 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 90
8/21/2008 15:58:58   
Enzeru

a build i find quite effective for a lvl 18 sc is:
Luck:13
Reflex:23
Power:23
Accuracy:13
Efficiency:13
Perception:23

it's not perfect but it works well enough. It focuses on certain areas while not skimping on any of the other areas.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 91
8/21/2008 16:01:45   
RainingTears

Currently, I'm almost level 25 (Star Captain), and I've decided to go the Glass Cannon route. And here's what I got:

Power: 60
Reflex: 60
Accuracy: 30

Point is to hit hard and dodge as my only defense. Slight accuracy improvement so more weapon varieties are available (the ones with poorer BTH) and the weapons I do currently have are slightly more accurate, increasing my damage potential to a degree.

So far I'm really enjoying it. In the K&S challenge 9, I have been knocked down to critical Armor health (40-60) and the next hit from my opponent would destroy me. I expected that and thought of having to redo the entire K&S challenge I was on, but I dodged the hit/missed me and I used my last attack to move on to the next round.

So far it's happened about 3 times. I don't notice the damage improvement much right now, but I can say I've noticed my hits hitting more often. So far I like my build.

< Message edited by RainingTears -- 8/21/2008 16:03:19 >

I hear voices in my head..
They come to me..
They understand..
They talk to me...
RainingTears
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 92
8/21/2008 16:09:13   
krusher64n

Here is an example of a build:

Annhilator Turret Build:
The Annhilator Turret is a build that heavily relies on pure offensive power. Its strategy is to quickly kill the enemy, since if the enemy gets a few good hits in, they're finished.

Stats:
Power: 80. More Damage is part of the Annhilator Strategy.
Accuracy: 40. If the annhilator turret cannot hit the enemy, they can't do damage, and they'd lose.
Luck: 30. If they get in a lucky critical, it is even better.
DF MQ  Post #: 93
8/21/2008 16:12:38   
tempestofnight
Banned!

@"Wow." that data isn't reliable. Most likely, 1 point reduces EP costs by x%, which is effected by the overall weapon cost.

The data you got is accurate but it doesn't reflect the actual formula, or at least it probably doesn't.

Masta Bro, some people call that the "noob" build. Putting stats in all categories means each one won't have enough to maximize the effect. That build is ineffective and pointless.

You can post about that in the tagged release thread. It doesn't contribute anything to the guide so you might as well delete your post.

RainingTears, that's not really glass cannon, since you have points in reflex. Glass cannon is 150 power, or something as stupid as that.

I'm sure Tread will consider adding that build though.

< Message edited by tempestofnight -- 8/21/2008 16:13:15 >
AQ  Post #: 94
8/21/2008 16:15:07   
Enzeru

quote:

Masta Bro, some people call that the "noob" build. Putting stats in all categories means each one won't have enough to maximize the effect. That build is ineffective and pointless.

You can post about that in the tagged release thread. It doesn't contribute anything to the guide so you might as well delete your post.

it is not noob build, a boob build would be only focusing on one stat. This combination works together so all the effects are maximised.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 95
8/21/2008 16:26:09   
Wow.

@tempestofnight

I tested it for a few hours the other day, and I came up with this formula:

Amount of EP used = Y - [ 1 + INT(.001XY) ]

Where:
X = EFF
Y = EP of weapon

The formula worked every time for every stat point and EP amount of weapon I used.

I have yet to find any data that proves the formula wrong.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 96
8/21/2008 16:27:06   
tempestofnight
Banned!

Excellent. That changes a few things. Good work.

Tread, you should add that info to the first post. People may come here looking for help on which stat does what.
AQ  Post #: 97
8/21/2008 16:36:45   
RainingTears

@Tempestofnight:
Well you have to remember as stronger enemies come out, that build I have will become a glass cannon
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 98
8/21/2008 16:41:21   
blues
Legendary AdventureGuide!

People, please give Tread a bit of time to add everything.

This thread seems to go slowly out of hand.

If you find a "new" build, I would prefer that you test it before you post it here.
I can give you dozens of Stat distributions though.

A good way would be when you all test it against certain Mechas which fit the level of your Mecha.
Pick letīs say DPA, E-Series, BBB, bandit Leader, whatever. Do letīs say 10 to 20 fights and write down
the Number of turns, wins/losses, EP used, HP left.....
With this you will get at least some comparable Numbers .

For now it seems that many of your "builds" come out of the blue (haha) and I would like to see tested and useful Builds for people
who donīt know how to distribute their Stats.

Thank you!
Post #: 99
8/21/2008 16:42:40   
tempestofnight
Banned!

Thank you blues! I was seriously getting tired of all the spammy posts full of people just wanting to post the stats that they're using. That's what the release thread is for!

But back on topic, I think that a format for posting such as the one blues gave is a good idea. It'll help tread when he decides to add things.
AQ  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest Guides >> Pending Guides >> RE: Guide: Current MechQuest Builds and How to Obtain Them
Page 4 of 7«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition