Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: New System For 2v2 (Partners Leaving)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: New System For 2v2 (Partners Leaving)
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/27/2011 7:36:14   
Silver Sky Magician

@Luna

That's a horrible idea. Then a full-HP, full-EP player could replace a weaker, half-dead one and completely overthrow the opponents' strategy. Voidance's method, while still causing the single player to be disadvantaged, is better in terms of balance.
Post #: 26
4/27/2011 8:01:10   
Polandor

That why you take control of a ghost of the player, a mirror image.

not a new random player.

Unless no player at all before anyone made a turn.
Post #: 27
4/27/2011 9:16:37   
SCORPIOZZz

what about making a new system like :
you have player A&B against player C&D
the turns should be A => C => B => D => A => C => B => D => ....
so lest say player B left the game becomes A => C => A => D => A => C => A => D => ...

:) its a nice idea
Epic  Post #: 28
4/27/2011 12:34:55   
Luna_moonraider

or to make things simple once a player leaves,dc afk for 3 turn the battle ends and no wins or losses are recorded.
AQW Epic  Post #: 29
4/27/2011 15:39:46   
Shadronica

That is a good suggestion Luna. No partner or partner is afk and the battle automatically finishes without recording the win or loss.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 30
4/27/2011 15:42:33   
SCORPIOZZz

^ nah that would make going for champ verry hard and will make 2vs2 even more slow to get in wins and i believe some times ( most of the times with me ) i can win alone unless against 2 full varz
Epic  Post #: 31
4/27/2011 15:43:21   
voidance

No because if someone gets unfair odds they will just afk until everyone is kicked. So that would be a horrible idea.
AQW Epic  Post #: 32
4/27/2011 18:53:12   
drekon
Retired ED Guest Artist

A week ago, Titan said...
quote:

There are quite a few systems already in place to discourage players from running. Too many runs and you get suspended.

Read it here Link edited, now working.

Today, during power hour(AM), almost all of my 2vs2 battles were losses due to my partners leaving. Obviously, the threat of suspension isn't enough to stop most players, especially those who aren't yet aware of the rule. Plus this is not an immediate solution. The waiting idea is okay but brings forth many other problems. For example, if a player leaves near the end of a battle, will his replacement join with full health and energy? This seem very unfair to the opposing team.

I think the answer is very simply. Deduct 100-500 of a player's credits every time he/she leaves a 2vs2 battle. If they leave in the first round they get the maximum deduction, and lose less as the rounds increase. This is a more immediate solution that is sure to discourage running.

IDEA: Upon the start of the match, have Titan's NPC appear in the middle of the arena from a bolt of lightning and lay down the rules, then disappear and the fight begins. That way, no one can claim they didn't know.

< Message edited by drekon -- 4/27/2011 19:06:18 >

Epic  Post #: 33
4/27/2011 18:59:26   
Thylek Shran

If one player leaves he should be replaced by a NPC clone
and the remaining player should get extra rewards if he wins
the duel. Its weird if the partner leaves but you win the duel
vs 2 player and get some lame reward like 56 credits and 24 xp.

< Message edited by Thylek Shran -- 4/27/2011 23:22:21 >

v.35.3 (2016-01-23) ~ beam.to/shran
DF Epic  Post #: 34
4/27/2011 23:23:41   
Luna_moonraider

@ voidance

true i can see lots of players absuing this feature. but who would want to waste time 3 turns is enuf for the opposing team to kill them if the odds are unfair. we can simple increase it to 4-5 turns of afk also.

quote:

to make things simple once a player leaves,dc afk for 3 turn the battle ends and no wins or losses are recorded

so here is a refined version of my idea above.

1) remove the afk people form being affected if a person goes afk for 3 turns the battle will not end but u can control the your partner instead.

2)to prevent people from just leaving because of unfair battle the devs must first refine the 2v2 match up system. better match up means lesser chance of people leaving.

3)the battle only ends if your partner dc or leaves.

4) penalty for leaving too many 2v2 battles.

by adding this feature to my idea 2v2 is going to be a better and fair place to play.

< Message edited by Luna_moonraider -- 4/27/2011 23:26:22 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 35
4/28/2011 0:53:46   
Polandor

We need many small penalty that add up, so it better not to run.

* -1 fame
* - 50 credit
* Blocked to play 2-2 for 30 minutes, double it each offense. (player can always play 1-1)
* -20 faction influence

Need to have many things, so at least one thing will motivate player not to run

That for the leaving player.

Now for the player stuck in a now unfair battle, give him full control of the player character that left.

AFK
When someone miss a turn, the partner has an extra 15 second to play the character turn, and the AFK partner do not get turn anymore (to speed up the game), the player on the same team play his turn instead.

AFK player should also be penalized after let say 3 afk turn in one hour, they get the same penalty has if the RUN above.
Post #: 36
4/28/2011 1:01:21   
voidance

-20 faction influence? Hell no, that could easily be used to ruin a good faction.
AQW Epic  Post #: 37
4/28/2011 1:19:34   
Polandor

Than don't run, or kick the runner out of your faction.

To change things that a person do, it has to hurt, if not they will not change...
Post #: 38
4/28/2011 1:21:43   
Luna_moonraider

Agreed with the -20 faction influence if u run and a faction member is on the other side<---- u know wat i mean. Some factions do this in order to get wins faster.

< Message edited by Luna_moonraider -- 4/28/2011 1:23:22 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 39
4/28/2011 1:27:02   
aqwshadowking14

Simple, give anyone who participated in the battle a win except the person who left. The person who left either gets a lose, if they left, or they get nothing, if they were disconnected.
Probably not that simple to program it in game though. =/
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 40
4/28/2011 2:07:24   
The UnleaShedWolfZ

I Suggest That Should Be Something Like a Check On The 4 Players To Know If Someone Lagged Or Disconnected and Should Not Begin The Battle Until a Player Join The Fight and Complete The Team Again (2vs2) e.g : Player 1 & Player 2 vs Player 3 and Player 4 , If The Player 4 Disconnected , The Battle Won't Start Until a Player 5 Join The Same Battle.

~Wolf`Z~
Epic  Post #: 41
4/28/2011 2:10:56   
Defiant

I just want a 2v2 system where I can choose my partner.
Post #: 42
4/28/2011 4:00:44   
AQWPlayer

I support this even though I just laugh about the situation when my partner leaves xD
AQW  Post #: 43
4/28/2011 7:46:31   
Agiluz

What if when our partner leaves it gets replaced by an NPC with the same lvl and stuffs it have? and ALSO you could control it

Rogue Ninja
Post #: 44
4/28/2011 7:52:41   
Polandor

quote:

What if when our partner leaves it gets replaced by an NPC with the same lvl and stuffs it have? and ALSO you could control it

Yes it a good idea, scroll back a little, it is my idea.

:)
Post #: 45
4/28/2011 8:01:34   
Silent Scream

I am loving all these ideas guys =)

Keep them comming and hopefully they will be seen by the right people

I would 2v2 on my main character instead of just my BH if there were a decent enough penalty for leaving your partner to face 2 opponents alone and (In most cases) suffer a loss because of that person

- Silent
Epic  Post #: 46
4/28/2011 8:32:27   
drinde

Why not give the 3 Players left a Win and leave the Disconnected/ Runner 0 Rewards?
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 47
4/28/2011 16:38:36   
The UnleaShedWolfZ

quote:

Yes it a good idea, scroll back a little, it is my idea.

:)

Hahahahahahahaha ! :P

< Message edited by The UnleaShedWolfZ -- 4/28/2011 16:40:06 >
Epic  Post #: 48
4/28/2011 18:15:16   
joe 112

We all hate it when out team mates leave us!! Why not put a lock in battle on so no team mates can leave or oppents cant leave so its a even battle instead of a hanicap 2v1
Post #: 49
4/28/2011 20:34:35   
Luna_moonraider

@ joe 112

how are u going to make such a thing there is no run button anymore FYI and the devs can just remove the log out feature from aprearing in the setting whne people are in a battle but they cant stop people from refreshing becaus it is just plain hard to do so.

i prefer the battle to end if one person leaves or dc. and no loses are recorded.

@ Altian

Nope choosing parner would mean n unfair advantage. so i dun think the devs are going to make such system in 2v2.

Here is another idea of mine but i kinda dun like it. lets say players A+B vs players C+D. player D decides to leave because he feel like it. so player D leaves. player E comes in to replace player D and every1 has full health,energy and all skill restored to normal. battle starts like normal 2v2. but be warned 2v2 battles are going to be very very long if players keep on dc or refreshing.

< Message edited by Luna_moonraider -- 4/28/2011 20:44:25 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: New System For 2v2 (Partners Leaving)
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition