Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=HS= Character Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> =HS= Character Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 3012345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/18/2012 15:15:39   
Jorath
Advocator of Wills

What character are you? Whose outfit is the best? Who has the prettiest shoes? What experience as a character have you liked best so far?

Discuss all things related to the characters in Hero Smash!

Old Thread
Old Thread II
Old Thread III
Old Thread IV
Old Thread V
Old Thread VI
Old Thread VII
Old Thread VIII
Old Thread IX
Old Thread X
Old Thread XI
Old Thread XII

If you don't know who I am, I am the Head Moderator of Legends and Lore, the Creative Writing corner of the AE Forums. It has been requested for me to offer to you the same courtesies that I have extended to AQ and DF. Within our collaborations and AE Fanfiction sub-forums, we have numerous accounts of ingame storylines going on by players like you.

So, I have joyfully started you off with this:

In the Beginning... This is a story thread specifically for you to tell the world about the beginnings of your character.

=HS= In the Beginning... discussion This is where you can talk about the stories that people place within L&L.

As with AQ and DF, anytime HS has a major event or war, we will have a story thread set aside just for you. If you have a storyline about your character that is much more than his or her origins, we encourage you to create a story thread in AE Fanfiction and then a commentary thread in Works Discussion

~Eukara Vox

If you wanna discuss or have some urgent questions or you just wanna chill,come and join us in the IRC #HeroSmash channel ^^ we'd be grateful to have you guys there. From there you could also join the official AE games channel like #yulgarsinn and #battleon #epciduel etc. Don't know how to get on IRC? Here is a guide on how to get on IRC http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=16791187 See ya guys there ^^. />d4
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
3/18/2012 15:21:17   
Antithesis

This is now a spiderman thread.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
3/18/2012 15:34:59   
delta blitz

*X prime, Pandora and the smaller version of the FOE sit in the center of Auroa park under the soundproof barrier that Pandora created in silence*
*Then suddenly X prime orders Pandora to reclaim the energy the orginal Pandora had released to create the Smashers*
*Pandora raises her hands over her head, turning the barrier that surrounded Auroa park into a energy vacuum that begins pulling back the pandoran energy from the Smashers*
...............................(<([O])>)............................

~Chaos of Loneliness

*On another note can you guys comment on my Tales of the two heroes which is in my Persona of David Blitz thread*

Tales of the two heroes
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
3/18/2012 15:35:19   
Glais

Time to create a character who's a horribly mutated Spider then.

Actually, that would just be terrifying. Guess I better do it then...

@Blitz:Sorry, I don't read HS stories, or I don't yet. I probably won't pick em up until I start writing my own, which won't be for months.

< Message edited by glaisaurus_x -- 3/18/2012 15:37:09 >
DF MQ  Post #: 4
3/18/2012 15:49:01   
Antithesis

Oh god .___.

Read my abandoned one, Fairgates:Antithesis.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
3/18/2012 15:52:01   
Glais

I already told you why though, I don't want to read something without an ending :/

Plus, I have several DF stories I have yet to catch up and comment on <_>
DF MQ  Post #: 6
3/18/2012 15:52:51   
Antithesis

But its so short D: It doesn't even get you hooked because it is so short.

It'll take like five minutes <____<
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
3/18/2012 15:58:11   
Glais

Alright then. I'll need a link though please.

I also realize I haven't updated my DF story in two weeks <_> Drat.

Hm, on another note I think I will tackle the story about that Dimension/Universe hopper as well.

Stories to write (so I don't lose track):
Corona vs the Sun
Prison Arc
Universe Jumper (featuring an evil alternate Corona!)
DF MQ  Post #: 8
3/18/2012 15:59:38   
megakyle777

In that order?
DF  Post #: 9
3/18/2012 16:02:09   
Glais

Probably.
The first is basically a backstory of my character. Luckily, with him being outside of time, it doesn't actually matter when the other two happen.
Prison seemed like a lot of people liked it, so it comes before the Timeline Hopper.
Timeline Hopper is because I thought reverses of certain people would be fun.
DF MQ  Post #: 10
3/18/2012 16:05:30   
Antithesis

Right here!

Yay
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
3/18/2012 16:07:03   
Glais

Well, that's not that long. I tend to switch websites often so it'll probably be ten-twenty minutes before I finish it, but yes, it shall be read.
DF MQ  Post #: 12
3/18/2012 16:09:22   
Antithesis

Awesomesauce. Thanks.

Keep in mind, I may one day return to it. One day. ;~;

Or I'll just reboot it entirely.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
3/18/2012 16:38:32   
Question Mark?

Into the crowded office walks a young man, seemingly one of those fellows who has the appearance of being perpetually disheveled.
His hair is long and black, very badly cut, and hangs over his face in a set of vaguely punk-rock "spikes."
His eyes are sunken and dark, and his skin is rather pale. He is dressed in a ratty, slightly frayed suit, in an odd shade of olive green, with a purple tie.
He walks with an irritable slouch, seemingly proclaiming his undying hatred for the world and all of its inhabitants.
He looks to be about 17-19, fitting with his appearance, and carries a large brown box.
His voice is as moody as his demeanor, but betrays just a hint of curiosity, a sense of childlike wonder behind his raised shoulders and black eyeliner.
"Hey. So, I'm a new hire, and the HR department told me that you guys had some trouble with a... err... robot? So, I told them that I was, y'know, good at that sort of thing, and they told me that they needed everyone that they could get, and they... well... sent me in here."
He drops the box to the floor with a thud. It contains a variety of apparatus, some conventional tools, some almost alien in appearance.
"So... umm... it got wiped with an EMP or something? I heard that it's missing some parts too... Hey, maybe if you let me take a look at the original blueprints I could see if I could salvage some old data, maybe fix 'im up a bit! ...well, I mean... if he's not just scrap metal. They said something about "them", though, so I'm guessing... two robots? That could be cool. Maybe. The name's Johnny by the way. Used to be Johnny Massacre, but I don't really do that last bit anymore. Not since I got here at least."

If you don't get this reference: http://quietube2.com/v.php/http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q5pZ49r9aU&feature=related
(Warning: One word that would have been a bad word but was distorted so that it is no longer one really. If you're not A-OK with that don't listen to the song.
If you are, OK.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 14
3/18/2012 17:09:07   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

*musical tone* What's inside the brooown box? The best games- of all time.
DF  Post #: 15
3/18/2012 17:10:16   
Antithesis

Surely you don't mean...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
3/18/2012 17:14:09   
Glais

quote:

He looks to be about 17-19, fitting with his appearance, and carries a large brown box.

Please be a baby Eldritch Abomination, PLEASE!

Drat, it wasn't.
DF MQ  Post #: 17
3/18/2012 17:24:58   
Shadowlight1

*A large number of objects, almost entirely steel, inexplicably rises from the Earth, often ripping themselves from other objects, and rises through the atmosphere. They soon begin to break apart and merge with each other.*

Looks like construction will take awhile. I should find another vent for my need to destroy...

*Blows up Pluto and reforms it multiple times*

Such fun...
~Lunarox
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 18
3/18/2012 17:59:14   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

Form a planet with a molten core, out of the asteroid belt.

Hmm... I have an idea...

*walks past the park, and has his powers from Pandora's Sacrifice drained from him, and then steps through a portal, appearing in the room Zafara is located within*

Move. *pushes the medical staff aside, and yanks all the medical apparatus, and stands above her, his hands raised, and his eyes glowing bright white, casting dramatic shadows behind him, and to the side*

... Live. *the light comes from his hands, now, and the rooms is flooded in it, as the power went to work*

(Zafara's body has now been temporally altered to exactly as it was after she saw the note at the airdrop, and she remembers nothing after that)
DF  Post #: 19
3/18/2012 18:04:48   
Glais

On that note Drakk, you never explained exactly what you can do. All I know is...you seem strong. That's pretty much it.
Pros/Cons list? ~_^
DF MQ  Post #: 20
3/18/2012 18:06:25   
Kinzdor

*Darkness lifts Jhonny up by his collar* WATCH YOU`R PLACE BOY! First of all I am the robotics expert with allein tech around these parts! Second of all we don`t need any help as of late! *drops Jhonny on the ground, gives his gauntlet computer Black Angel, and White Demon, and shows them how to use it to track 2.0*
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
3/18/2012 18:34:52   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

Arg... A pros and con list would be difficult to make... Too many powers gleaned by manipulation of the energy that produced the Smashers, along with biological and genetic manipulation, and tech-based abilities... I suppose I could try, but it might take me a while.

I'll do it in edit. Might actually subdivide the pro and con list, making it much more in depth than most of the others... Or at the very list put commentary on my individual powers as I post them.

I do not promise my character will be balanced. He won't be. He has fights with gods on even grounds. He was made specifically to be that powerful, for reasons I have explained.

I think I'll start with the passives...

Passive abilities, based on Pandora's Sacrifice:

Super Speed- He can run and otherwise move his body at speeds unable to be followed by the normal human eye, though he usually either does not use this, or uses it in quick bursts, so as to not make it impossible for his opponent to hit him. While in use, this gives him hightened reflexes, for semi-obvious reasons. He has secondary super powers to support this. Most of the damage to the landscape is dampened to a point that his steps produce just over the normal human-level strains on the ground/street/pavement/ect. He only has this at a limited level, and cannot run as fast as the Flash can.

Super Strength- He has this at relatively moderate levels, generally. While it can increased both by the use of telekenesis on his arms/body and the power scaling that will be mentioned later, he generally has enough to do relatively high environmental damage, and pummel his enemies as he sees fit. He cannot, for example, however, punch his enemies through multiple skyscrapers without the addition of increased levels of help from other powers.

Limited invulnerability- He has the ability to resist damage from quite a few things, such as super human strength, and energy blasts, however he has nowhere near the average super-strength based warrior has. He takes alot of damage from hits, even though he can recover or avoid them, in many cases. He is resistant to damage by fire, and lightning will not effect him as severely as it might others. This is partialyl based on limited invulnerability, and partially based on the healing factor.

(I think that's it for passive abilities/capabilities in that category... though I could be wrong; I am not entirely sure; I may have forgotten something)

Passive abilities aquired from Isieloth's patronage (that is the name of the Voice's owner, in case anyone didn't notice/wondered/didn't understand... or at least that's what the Elves call him...):

Massive healing factor- His body regenerates in a very special way: every time his body receives any damage, that part of the body is replaced by the equivalent of what it would have been had the damage not actually occured. This happens passively to prevent aging past a certain point, at which the body would become weaker, and prevents disease and cancer from effecting his body. He still has an effectively human physiology (other than normal changes for Smashers, such as in genetics, and in their eyes, and his wings), however, and gets stiff, hungry, sleepy, ect. He doesn't require food or water to survive, because of this, however it provides an annoyance, and subconcious urges, due to such stimuli. He also doesn't need to breath for just such a reason. He can be beheaded or blown apart, and will still regenerate. The damage to his brain does not effect his memory or perception.

Resistance to magic- Just that. He is immune to many things that are magically based, such as vampirism, being put to sleep via spell, and many others. He is not immune to all of it, however, and can either become sick or require concentration or rage in order to be uneffected by it. For example, Aphrodite attempted to seduce him, and he resisted, because of the rage that entered his system when he noticed she was attempting to do so (less than a second).

The existance of his mind in another dimension- Due to this, he has a number of possitive effects: One, he is immune to telepathy, as he controls the flow of perception from his body to his mind, to put it simply. Secondly, this allows him to store his thoughts and memories indefinitely, which is extremely beneficial, given his enhanced perception. He can with great effort bring other people into his mental dimesion (though noone can access it without his allowing it, including high-level reality benders, unless they have class 9 or 10 power [class ten being true omnipotence, and class nine being to be able to shape reality one a whim, though not instantaneously in the case of large changes]), allowing for either demonstrations of ideas, or shaping of a person's point of view by convincing them within it, or many other things, or for the purposes of torture/permanently trapping someone or something; That leaves him physically weak, and his body is altered and damaged to an extent, and his healing factor is slowed down alot, along with powers across the board; That is why he doesn't use it often: he could die if he is cought off guard at such a time, and thus he hardly ever uses that ability even in extremely dangerous points in time. He has many different people living within his mind, which are derived from his personality, and his oppinions of others, along with certain other things I will not mention, right now.

Enhanced perception- He has a *sight* that allows him to see the finite details of everything within his current area he's paying attention to. That area is usually subconciously decided. By the finite details, I mean the mass, energy ammount, trajectory, rotational rate, rate of electro-magnetic flow, gravitational effects, ect. of every particle of matter in that area. I can also see the effects of spiritual and/or extradimensional interaction, as well as the actual links to them and the spirits themselves, the true forms of gods, the charicteristics and possible uses for molecules, magical effects occuring on an object (or whathaveyou), the buildup of energy through non-radiological/chemical/otherwise physical means, the powers something has (in most cases), and many other things. As you might guess, the majority of this is not conciously understood by the main persona in control of my mind, but if he wishes to, he could select such information and add it to his repertoir of knowledge. He could potentially be omniscient, if it weren't for the fact that there are mental limits in place, and it would have negative side-effects and connotations to his existance. He can choose to understand other languages, by interperating the sound waves in this way, and it sometimes allows for that automatically. He has Hyper Genius levels of intelligence (especially in creative fields; he still does not catch onto or understand everything, though, as stated beforehand; That means he can be outmaneuvered, both in combat, and mentally), due to this, though he was not a mental pushover beforehand.

Controled perception- Either conciously or subconciously, he can manipulate his normal senses, and his extra sight; This allows him to turn off pain, make sure he doesn't get hypnotised, stop a high-pitched sound from negatively effecting him, do certain things stated in the previous bit, ect. He tends to keep his senses of smell and hearing at normal levels, because his sight allows him to see chemicals and vibrations in the air and understand the nature of them in a way that he could just will himself to know what it means, instead of allowing all the other sounds and smells to be able to effect him, nor does he increase the sense of touch, in most cases, for obvious reasons.

Power scaling- Past a certain point, when fighting an opponent that he is either having extreme difficulty or cannot possibly defeat without it, he gains enhancements to his powers, to scale up to that of his enemy. This does not happen with every enemy, and generally only occurs in dire situations. On a rare occasion, it may be induced with his will, or because Isieloth specifically wants something done. On the occasions of willful induction, however, he must still be unable to do what he has in mind otherwise, and even then, it is difficult to induce, and may require... drastic actions. IE: All of the Pandoran powers had to be removed from my body in order to induce it to be able to stop what was to occur to Zafara. They will return, mostly because quite a few of them were added (or augmented) by him to his power list by purposeful manipulation of certain energies to give him such things (by use of certain machines created for that purpose, after a while of RND [he can't usually just think of something he wants to make and put things together; even with his enhanced intelligence and allowing understanding of certain things, there is only so much he can handle at once]), but it will take him time to recover them.

Immunity to Hellfire- Pretty self-explanitory. This is partially based on resistance to magic, but this in particular is singled out.

And that's it for passive powers, I think... I'll post this now. Prepare for a deluge of powers that must be induced...

I suppose I will start the list of induced powers, that is, the ones that have to be activated (whether conciously or subconciously depends on the power), about now... It will not be complete, tonight, though, I think...

Pandoran-based induced powers:

Elemental-based attacks and/or control and creation- Pretty standard, really, for such a type of power. As the name indicates, he can form and control powerful attacks using various elements- predominantly fire and lightning, the two he both prefers most an is best at.

Control, creation, and stimulation of radioation- He can create radiation, to be used in any such manner as he wishes, including both exptic and mundane. He commonly uses this to use L.A.S.E.R.s offensively. He also uses it to mask his appearance by manipulation of light particles, as well, ie: he could mask his distinctive dragon tatoo to help hide his identity; He could change his hair color by a similar method. His control of radiation includes sound waves (technically radiation by definition, due to the fact that radiation is the transmition of energy via either waves or particles, through a medium [which can be a vacuum, but doesn't have to be]), which allows him to make himself walk silently, alter what he sounds like (useful for entertainment, because it allows him to sing better than he might [I sing well irl, but whatever; I wanted to give a logical reason he might]), allow his allies to hear something they wouldn't be able to, confuse enemies by making them seem to say things they don't (works well in conjuction to manipulating the light, making them seem like they said it), disable them with infrasound, ect.

Telepathy- Powerful, with regards to the raw strength of it, but made even more devestating through training with the elves, who all have telepathy, live hundreds of years, and have had a long time to master and/or advance many different arts and techniques, over the millenia.

Telekenesis- Likewise also a high level of raw power, comparably to some, quite a bit more than enough to break the majority of the bones in a smallish to mid-sized dragon with ease, for example. This he is very versitile in the use of, for both mundane and combat purposes, using it with flair and artistic taste, especially when he is actually using it for art, such as painting without a brush, as he is wont to.

Limited precognition- Every once in a while, he will have vissions of the future, not caused by concious decision to have them (though they don't tend to happen at inopportune times). These allow him to still be concious of what is happening in real life, and he has managed to use it effectively in battle, when it comes up at such a time.

Emision of various types of energy blasts or formation of constructs based on them- As the introduction implies, he can launch many different types of energy blasts, some based on mental powers, others sustained plasma, and quite a few others, besides. He has become able to control this enough to create items out of energy, to use as armor or weapons. For example, energy barriers of various different sizes, to protect himself and/or his allies, swords (though he doesn't do this often, he sometimes augments the power of his weapons' blows by either making them accompanied by a wave of destructive energy). At one point in time, he gained an extremely intense pure white energy construct armor, surrounding his entire body, and since that time (it was after a power boost, while fighting a powerful opponent), he has every once in a while made a similar armor, which appears corrupted by comparison, being a nearly blood-red color, that of his signature energy (his personality and emotions alter the appearance of mental power-based attacks that he alters to fit the situation).

More coming tomorow.

< Message edited by Drakkoniss -- 3/18/2012 23:10:08 >
DF  Post #: 22
3/18/2012 18:47:06   
Glais

I don't quite blame you. In the story I mentioned threads ago there exists a character just to do that (actually, he is simply the strongest character in all of fiction(if that seems like quite a boast, know that he is a joke character), for no reason than to destroy anything imbalanced.

The only problem I have in this case, is that such an OP character is your main character, as it allows for little conflict and is difficult for crossovers.

For example, Corona could not fight you without dying horribly 9/10 times. The 1/10 would only be applicable after he learns his final ability AND haxxed to the maximum.

< Message edited by glaisaurus_x -- 3/18/2012 19:21:36 >
DF MQ  Post #: 23
3/18/2012 19:04:32   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

Little conflict is a relatively low problem, here. Clown, for example, goes after him by other means than fighting, yet still is good in the fights that do break out, and with his ability to respawn, he provides a very... difficult challenge, to say the least, especially with his enhanced levels of charisma, his intelligence, and his talent at otherwise using those to to his advantage. The fact that he is a reality bender also helps to make things much more difficult.

David Blitz, Lunarox, Thursday (untill recently), Voldo, Overcast (should he ever enter into the fray more), Ancient Darkness, Jack (untill recently), Saturn to some degree (as he doesn't mess with things too much, here), Star Screamer, The Dealer (potentially, as he has stated he could take on a reality bender, if he was using his resources at his disposal to their extent), Destrous (He's my character, too, but I don't use him too much, and he's my son, so I have an excuse; Besides, he tends to hold back his full potential, for multiple reasons), Range, Syrena (potentially, but depending on what strategies she used, and how/if she takes advantage of my weaknesses), and quite a few other characters that I have either forgotten or only exist in stories, all have enough power to provide a threat to my character in battle.

Those are just the ones that pose one in direct combat, and many of them have threats to me or my designs/goals for other reasons. There are even more that have the ability to indirectly threaten me, even if they don't have the combat strength to directly.
DF  Post #: 24
3/18/2012 19:09:19   
Glais

I see. I suppose ReverseCorona would be an indirect opposition in a way...directly. Weirdness.

But that makes sense, guess I just wait till you're done.
DF MQ  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> =HS= Character Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 3012345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition