Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Photoshop Q&A Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Photoshop Q&A Thread
Page 7 of 9«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/29/2008 11:53:27   
Sir Red

how do I add shadows (glow ect.)

P.S. I'm using CS3

< Message edited by Sir Red -- 1/29/2008 12:30:07 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 151
1/29/2008 19:35:34   
Nicky

Shadows... Let's see.

Double click the layer you want to add a shadow, and it should bring up a box with a lot of checkboxes down the left side. Click on the box next to the text saying "Drop Shadow" and it should check the Drop Shadow box. Then if you click on the actual text you can change the direction of the shadow and whatnot.

Then just click OK when you're done, and it should be applied to your layer.

Sorry if I might have gotten a few details wrong.. Don't have Photoshop on me at the moment. :3
AQ DF  Post #: 152
1/29/2008 19:38:54   
2k2ewyn

Nope, you got it all right.

You've got an amazing memor- what were we talking about?
meal

Yeah, I do have a pretty good me-... me-... I have a pretty good meal?

< Message edited by Nicky -- 1/29/2008 19:44:05 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 153
1/30/2008 8:27:31   
the zpy

And for the glow thing its easy just take the color you want it to glow with........ Add a gaussian blur (not to much) and then it should be alright ^_^
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 154
2/5/2008 14:45:47   
Gers1

How do you fade a render into the background a little so it doesn't stand out as much?
DF  Post #: 155
2/5/2008 19:58:17   
2k2ewyn

Gers1: Click On the layer, in the layers menu, and play around with the blending options.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 156
2/6/2008 11:33:19   
Gers1

Thanks, I'll do that and post my new sig in a few hours.
DF  Post #: 157
2/8/2008 15:35:29   
Turian

Okay, i was looking at some videos on how to make stuff in Photoshop, and i saw this really cool looking wavey fire thing, and i watched the video, and he used the warp command, and he did this by going to edit transform and then warp, but i did taht and could not find
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 158
2/8/2008 15:47:37   
2k2ewyn

could not find..........?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 159
2/9/2008 11:00:02   
UChihaSteven

What version of Photoshop do you have?
I think the warp command was introduced in Photoshop CS2. Maybe Photoshop CS(1).
AQ DF  Post #: 160
2/10/2008 12:02:55   
Gers1

What else do you think I should do to this siggy that I'm making?

DF  Post #: 161
2/10/2008 18:33:12   
Sara

How could I make a background IN photoshop?

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 162
2/11/2008 3:37:32   
Nicky

Yeah, I think Steven hit the question he answered on the head... Hypothetically. But yeah.

Gers1: For that kind of question you should probably post that signature in a gallery and ask for advice, and/or ask a qualified rater to give you advice.

Sara: To make a background in Photoshop can use a lot of things. Probably one of the most the most basic ways is to download brushes (some good ones can be found here) and brush the background. There are most likely some explanations in this thread somewhere.
AQ DF  Post #: 163
2/11/2008 7:27:24   
supermech99

whats best free download program for for making sigs,avys, and banners?

[br] Click here to feed me a fruit![br] Get your own at Dinomon!
DF MQ  Post #: 164
2/11/2008 7:44:03   
2k2ewyn

GIMP, i believe.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 165
2/15/2008 14:35:23   
Sara

For some reason, when I try to erase part of my image in photoshop, it just paints over it in black. I am positive I am on the right layer and have the eraser selected. Why wont it erase it?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 166
2/15/2008 15:59:14   
Magna

That could be 2 things

1. you may have the Background/Magic eraser on instead of normal.

2. Your background layer is black, so when erasing the layer on top is shows the layer under it.

Those are the only 2 things that may possibly cause that problem.

There is a 3rd one which maybe that your selected layer IS the background layer. Since the background layer is locked by default whenever you erase, it will take the color of your foreground. To get rid of that double click the layer then a "create new layer" window will pop up just click "ok" afterwards the background layer will turn into a normal layer letting you delete parts without the foreground color showing up.
Post #: 167
2/15/2008 16:16:23   
Sara

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nicky

Yeah, I think Steven hit the question he answered on the head... Hypothetically. But yeah.

Gers1: For that kind of question you should probably post that signature in a gallery and ask for advice, and/or ask a qualified rater to give you advice.

Sara: To make a background in Photoshop can use a lot of things. Probably one of the most the most basic ways is to download brushes (some good ones can be found here) and brush the background. There are most likely some explanations in this thread somewhere.

So I could copy and paste those into my work?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 168
2/15/2008 19:45:39   
hachimangu

Nice man. I will probably use this a lot.

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 169
2/15/2008 21:02:54   
Nicky

Sara: No, when you download brushes they act as tools that you can use to "paint" your background on. Follow this post to download and install them.

For a Mac user, the only change will be from this:

quote:

Copy your .abr file (right click -> copy).
Now go to C:/Program Files/Adobe/Photoshop xxx/Presets/Brushes, and paste your file in there (Right click empty space -> Paste). "xxx" being your version number.
Now reload Photoshop, and your brushes should be in there.

To this:

quote:

Copy your .abr file (right click -> copy).
Now go to Macintosh HD --> Applications --> Adobe Photoshop xxx --> Presets --> Brushes, and paste your file in there (Right click empty space -> Paste). "xxx" being your version number.
Now reload Photoshop, and your brushes should be in there.

Hopefully that helped.

EDIT: Also, to get to your brushes, press "B" in Photoshop to get to the brush tool, then select your brush set. If you're not sure how to do this, post here or let me know somehow, I'll be happy to help.

Hachimangu: Glad you like it :)

< Message edited by Nicky -- 2/15/2008 21:04:16 >
AQ DF  Post #: 170
2/15/2008 21:03:54   
Sara

I have to install things? I don't have access on my computer to do that. How else can I make a good background?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 171
2/15/2008 21:08:02   
Nicky

Smudging is another good way. This is a pretty good smudge tutorial. To get to the smudge tool, Press R. If the tile in the tools bar that becomes "pressed" doesn't look like a hand, right click it and press Smudge Tool.

Then press F5, (or Apple + F5 for mac users, I believe) to get to the settings. From there you can just play around to get the best effect.
AQ DF  Post #: 172
2/15/2008 21:38:24   
Sara

Awesome. Sounds cool. Let me try it out, I will edit this post if I have any difficulties.

So what settings should I change, and how would I use this to make a background?

< Message edited by Sara -- 2/15/2008 21:42:43 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 173
2/16/2008 2:27:48   
Nicky

Usually I play around with the Shape Dynamics and Scattering. Just play around with the settings and get a look that you like.

And usually I would smudge a picture, or a render to get some nice colours.
AQ DF  Post #: 174
2/16/2008 9:23:00   
Sara

Thanks!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Photoshop Q&A Thread
Page 7 of 9«<56789>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition