Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Shadow of the Wind Village

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Shadow of the Wind Village
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/12/2007 17:59:31   
PaperClip OF DOOM

Shadow of the Wind Village

Access Point: Travel Map (Books 1 and 2) -> Shadow of the Wind Village -> Take me there!,
Access Point: Aika Village -> Lilka -> Travel! -> Shadow of the Wind village,
Access Point: Timeline (Book 1) -> The Orb Saga – The Wind Orb: Ninjas/Sepulchure -> To Shadow of the Wind,
Access Point: Book of Lore -> Orb Saga -> Wind Orb -> Shadow of the Wind
Requirements: None
Release Date: October 12th, 2007

Quests Available
Thyton Random
The Haunted Dojo
Chart Captors
Stealing Back Stars

Thyton Quest Chain
Run of the Kessel
The Hunt Begins
Return the Scrolls
Walk through Fire
Jewel of Four Winds
Honda's Accord
Sepulchure

Illusion

Pi Mae - Shadow of the Wind Village Inn
Ninja Training

Monkey Business
Bad Bananas
Ninja Pizza Delivery

NPCs
An Bei
Ayane
Guko
Itchi
Jubei
Pi Mae
Ryoki
Shiatsu
SnakeEars
Thyton

Shops
Ayane's Masks
Jubei's Shop
Ninja Items
Snake Ear's Pets

Dialogue
Thyton

Thyton: Welcome to the Shadow of the Wind Village. I am Thyton, jonin of this ninja clan. Now tell me how you found this place.

• Random Quest! Go on Thyton's random quests!
      Thyton: For months we've been trying to get the pirate's navigational charts... using trained monkies. It is now clear that this is a job for a real ninja.
      Thyton: Invade one of their ships, work your way forward and try to find some charts in the navigational room! Let nothing stop you!

Thyton: Our village has always been troubled by the spirits of darkness <Character>.... they are called Kageijin.
      Thyton: Battle these shadow spirits, and cleanse one of the villages haunted dojos. I would be very greatful.

Thyton: One of the few creatures to steal any of our ninja secrets is the fearsome Okuchi No Okami, and his army of Sneenjas.
      Thyton: Recently they stole several crates of shuriken which was en route to the village. I want you to retrieve one of the crates.
      Thyton: Okuchi No Okami must be punished for this insolence. If you find him, teach him that it is a bad idea to steal from the Shadow of the Wind Clan.
  • Quests
    Thyton: I have prepared a mission for you to perform for the glory of the Shadow Of the Wind Clan! Now, you prove your worth to us!
    • Run of the Kessel!
      Thyton: I've got your first mission <Character>. For many years the Pirates have ruled the seas around Sho Nuff Island.
      Thyton: Their control over the seas make it very difficult for us to get supplies to our village, and get send our ninjas to far off missions.
      Thyton: But we have secretly been working on a new boat design, enchanted with our own wind ninja magic.
      Thyton: Follow me, I'll explain more when we get to the harbor.

• The Hunt Begins!
      Thyton: Now that you have proven yourself to the clan I have a task for you, <Character>.
      Thyton: The source of the fighting between the pirates and ourselves is known to us as the Jewel of the Four Winds.
      Thyton: It is a powerful item that gives those who hold it control over the winds. Those simple pirates want it for their own reasons...
      Thyton: ... for whomever controls the winds, controls the seas! But they know nothing of its true power.
      Thyton: For centuries, we have closely guarded the secrets of the ninja wing magics that have made us such a powerful clan.
      Thyton: But if we were to gain control of the Jewel of the Four Winds then our magic would grow a thousandfold!
      Thyton: We would be the unquestioned rulers of this island and the most powerful ninja clan on Lore!
      Thyton: The jewel has been kept secret inside the Ruins of Kordana, at the center of the island, for longer than anyone can remember.
      Thyton: All of our attempts to recover it have ended... badly. But now, a man named Drakath has taken the jewel from its resting place.
      Thyton: I see by your face that you know this man. That is good. I want you to find him. He has been clever enough to escape our spies so far.
      Thyton: You must go to the Ruins of Kordana and pick up him trail there. Hunt him down like the animal that he is. Return the jewel to me...
      Thyton: ... by any means necessary. Now, go!

• Return the Scrolls
      Thyton: Kordana said that Drakath headed north? He was making his way to our clans oldest foe...
      Thyton: ... a devil fox called Okuchi No Okami. This thief stole many of our most prized ninja scrolls a long time ago.
      Thyton: We have made several attempts to get the scrolls back but Okuchi No Okami moves them every few days. He always keeps them close.
      Thyton: If Drakath can lead you to Okuchi No Okami... then your mission is to get our scrolls back for the Pride of the clan.
      Thyton: Return once you have found Drakath's hiding spot, and when you have the scrolls in hand. Go now, <Character>. You have your orders.

• Walk Through Fire
      Thyton: Okuchi No Okami may be a thief but his information is always good.
      Thyton: Drakath hides in the volcanic caves near the northern coast of the island. He must be awaiting rescue.
      Thyton: There are many perils in that cave, but you have shown that you are a skilled ninja. Make your way through the cave and find the jewel.
      Thyton: You have tracked him well, <Character> and now you have him cornered. Be careful, a cornered animal is often the most dangerous.

• Jewel of the Four Winds
      Thyton: Well done, <Character>. You have arrived just in time. Drakath has just landed in the center of the village.
      Thyton: Let me know as you have prepared yourself to face him, and get the Jewel of the Four Winds.

• Honda's Accord
      Thyton: <Character> we may not be done with this fight yet. The villages are reporting strange noises from the woods to the west.
      Thyton: Go investigate the disturbance. It is probably the remnants of the sneenja army... but be prepared for anything.

• Sepulchure
      Thyton: <Character>, I have a mission for you. The creatures of the woods have started running for their lives.
      Thyton: A mysterious dark energy on one of the mountains to the south seems to be the source of their terror. I want you to investigate this energy. Go.

• Illusion
      Thyton: You have impeccable timing as usual, <Character>.
      Thyton: As you know Okuchi No Okami stole several wind scrolls. We have managed to recover most of them... even if some have been damaged.
      Thyton: We've learned that a rogue band of Stone Ninjas have also managed to find some scraps too.
      Thyton: The damaged scrolls describe an ancient art that summons the Tomamo, a creature that places its victims in an eternal illusion.
      Thyton: They already summoned the creature but it takes time for it to charge its power.
      Thyton: Find the Stone Ninja Guards and beat them and the Tamamo before it has finished charging, or else we're all doomed!
  • Talk
    Thyton: Gathering information is a ninja's most important skill. I will answer your questions.
    • Who are you?
      Thyton: My name is Thyton and I am jonin... the leader... of the Shadow of the Wind ninja clan.
      Thyton: I am the keeper of all the secret skills of this clan, and if you are accepted into the clan, I will be your teacher.
      Thyton: If you are accepted into the clan then you WILL become a ninja but your usefulness to the clan will be determined by your skills.
      Thyton: If you wish to learn what I have to teach then I demand total concentration....
      Thyton: ... wait... what were we talking about?

• Ninjas?
      Thyton: A ninjas life is one of dedicated training and meditation but the rewards are beyond measure.
      Thyton: Once you have mastered your mind and your body there is nothing in the world that can stop you.
      Thyton: A single ninja is worth a hundred spies and a hundred soldiers. Especially a ninja from the Shadow of the Wind clan!
      Thyton: Many ninjas place their martial arts above all else but a ninjas real value is in their honor.
      Thyton: ...Of course, all the honor in the world can't dodge a pirate's bullet.

• Pirates?
      Thyton: *Spits* Pirates! Nothing but treacherous, back-stabbing thieves! They know nothing but brute force.
      Thyton: They are only loyal to their treasure. They could never understand the dedication that our lives and skills demand.
      Thyton: They are a troublesome breed. They are too chaotic to predict and every move that we make, they match somehow. It must end.
      Thyton: I have some plans to stop them... but I'd need someone as focused as they were fearless to help me. Maybe you are that person!
      Thyton: If you help me strike some mortal blows against the pirates, then maybe you could earn your reputation within the clan as a ninja.

• Shadow of the Wind Village
      Thyton: Sho Nuff Island can be a dangerous place, but the Shadow of the Wind Village is the MOST dangerous place of all.
      Thyton: Anything that enters the village without permission... does not leave. For generations ninjas have come from all over Lore...
      Thyton: ...to learn our clan's secret ninja arts. A few have tried to take our secrets, fewer still have succeeded... and those will be hunted down.
      Thyton: If you need weapons to train with, try Jubei's Weapon Shop. Ayane can sell you ninja masks and other head-gear in the helm shop.
      Thyton: If you need a stealthy pet, check out Snake Ear's Pets! They might not open their doors to you yet but they will soon enough.

• Drakath?
      Thyton: I have reason to believe that a man named Drakath is on this island with evil and dangerous plans. Do you know him?
      Thyton: I need to understand him before I can predict his next move. I've learned much already...
      Thyton: He is an evil man who was once a spoiled child. He thinks that he is entitled to everything and takes what he wants by force.
      Thyton: He believes that he is the rightful heir to the throne of Swordhaven... which is true in a sense.
      Thyton: Once all of this realm was ruled by a wicked and power-hungry king named King Slugwrath. While he ruled the land was covered in darkness.
      Thyton: A good knight... Sir Alteon... gathered a band of freedom fighters and after years of bloody battles against impossible odds...
      Thyton: Sir Alteon and his friends defeated the evil king. Alteon had no desire to be king but the people wouldn't hear it.
      Thyton: They feared that without his leadership the land would fall again into dark times, so he took the crown for the people.
      Thyton: King Slugwrath had only one son... Drakath. Now this villain seeks the throne. That makes him a threat to the entire kindgom.
      Thyton: That also means that his name is... *snort*... Drakath SLUGWRATH! HAHAHAHAH!...ahem, excuse me.
  • Heal & potions - fully replenishes HP, MP, and potions.

• Become A Ninja!
    Thyton: I see. You wish to become a ninja. I can sense that you have it in you, but first you have to do something for me.
    Thyton: There is a very rare book of... um... tactics! Yeah that's it! It's called Itchy Itchy Paradise! All the copies in the village have been bought...
    Thyton: ...but I think that Jubei in the weapon shop said that he might have a copy. If you can get a copy of this book for me, then I will gladly teach you!
    • Give "Tactics" Book Ninja Armor
      If you haven't unlocked Ninja already:
      Thyton: Excellent, I've been looking for this book forever! Here is your armor, <Character>. Your studies begin today!

If you have unlocked Ninja already:
      (Pop-up: You have already unlocked the Ninja Armor.)

• Wear Armor
      Thyton: Do you wish to put on your Ninja Armor? It will be very hard to blend with the shadows looking like a <Class>.

• Wear Ninja Armor - equips Ninja class.
      • Give Armor back

quote:

NOTE: You do not need to be wearing the Ninja Armor to obtain Wind Scrolls from Thyton's quests.

• Train Armor
      Thyton: If you bring me a Wind Scroll (You can find them in any of my quests), then I will teach you a new Ninja Armor skill.
      • Train Ninja Armor
        If you haven't fully trained Ninja already:
        Consumes 1 Wind Scroll, unlocks a new skill.

If you have fully trained Ninja already:
        (Pop-up: Ninja Armor fully trained!)

• About Ninja
      Thyton: Ninjas are masters of stealth, poison, and assassination.
      Thyton: Use your tools and venoms wisely. Create devastating combos, striking for heavy damage if you can find openings.
      Thyton: The more Venoms you inflict on your foe, the more power you gain when entering Catalytic Flow, gaining Boost, Bonus, and Crit chance.
      Thyton: During Catalytic Flow, use empowered venom effects to further harm your foe. Some attacks will be even more effective against envenomed foes.
      Thyton: You can also Ambush to attack foes twice in a row before they have a chance to respond.
      Thyton: I've also heard rumors of an ancient technique developed by the legendary Honda. But those secrets are long lost...

• Items - opens Ninja Items shop.
  • Set Home Town
    Thyton: Are you certain that you wish to set the Shadow of the Wind Village as your home town?
    • Yes
    • No

Hidden Ninjas

An Bei: You only THINK you can see me! But I'm really right in front of your eyes.

Guko: Psssst, over here! So. How many of my ninja brethren did YOU see in town? Only the one? Hah!

Itchi: If you were less of a hero, I'd go all NINJA ATTAAAAAAAAACK on you.

Ryoki: I am the Master of the Shadows! You'll NEVER see me!

Shiatsu: I'm right here, behind this stone lantern. Maybe you need glasses?

Ninja Weapons

Jubei: Hey there <Class>! You honor me with your patronage.

Jubei: My name is Jubei. If you have come looking for ninja weapons with which to train your skills, then you have come to the correct place.
    Jubei: Others may cherish the skills that they have learned from ninja scrolls but for me... it's all about the sword.
    Jubei: If you're fighting demon warriors, freaks, evil shoguns or just other ninja then my steel is for you.
    Jubei: Just don't dirty my weapons on any filthy Pirates.

Jubei: I've heard tales of the Jewel of Four Winds being taken from the temple of Kordana by a stranger who is neither pirate nor ninja!

Ayane's Masks

Ayane: Welcome! Please look around.

Ayane: My name is Ayane. I'm a big believer in the defensive side of the ninja arts.
    Ayane: That's why I sell these items. You can protect your head with armor or protect your identity with a mask!
    Ayane: The members of this clan must complete their missions, dead or alive... but I would rather see you alive.

Pet Store

SnakeEars: We've got more fun than a ninja barrel full of ninja monkies.

SnakeEars: Greetings <Class>! Welcome to my pet store! If you want me to hear what you're saying you'll have to speak up. My hearing isn't so great.
    SnakeEars: A true ninja is a master of all weapons and everything is a weapon to a true ninja... including his pets.
    SnakeEars: I have personally trained ALL of these creatures to be a master of stealthy, silent and aware of his surroundings as I am.
    SnakeEars: ... WHAT!? DID YOU JUST SAY SOMETHING? SPEAK UP!

Shadow of the Wind Village Inn

Pi Mae: Welcome to Shadow of the Wind Village, <Character>. Your exploits have preceded you.

Pi Mae: I myself have only recently come to the Shadow of the Wind Village, but I've found it to be a nice, quiet place to live.
    Pi Mae: I have begun to study under Master Thyton himself in the ways of the ninja!
    Pi Mae: I still... had to leave pieces of my old life behind. The treachery of those thieving pirates... they can not be trusted.
    Pi Mae: Those pirates stole something from me... my precious... *cough* once my training is complete, I will be able to get it back!

Other information
  • Speak to Thyton to unlock the Ninja class.
  • Shadow of the Wind Village was updated with a visual overhaul on February 23th, 2018.

Thanks to
  • Tolkienfanatic for banner.
  • DragonBlade for post reformat.
  • Leon ShadowHart for coloring and corrections.

< Message edited by DemonicDarkwraith -- 2/15/2024 21:29:43 >
  • Post #: 1
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Shadow of the Wind Village
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition