Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Dragonfly Dreams Poetry ~ No One

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> RE: Dragonfly Dreams Poetry ~ No One
Page 4 of 4<1234
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/15/2011 21:13:19   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

As requested, former poetry that was taken down, now put back up.

On My Knees
Pursue
Anew
Slipped Again
A Simple Song
Price of Gain
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 76
1/11/2013 16:02:58   
Eukara Vox

Sentimental I am. It's been a while since I wrote poetry. Guess, knowing my boys are older and taking down the tree finally caught up to me.

Dear Sons

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 1/11/2013 16:03:14 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 77
1/11/2013 16:13:02   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

You write Haiku as well?

Wow...!!

Have you read Basho's book on Haiku?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 78
1/12/2013 11:22:33   
Eukara Vox

I am not sure if my feeble attempts at Haiko would make any literary master proud. I know I have a lot of work to do in order to really write one properly.

And no, I haven't read Basho's book on Haiku. I take by your inquiry it is worth reading.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 79
1/12/2013 12:04:28   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

It is an eldritch art, unique even in the world of poetry. That you gave it a shot is in itself commendable.

And yes, for a Haiku enthusiast, that book is definitely worth reading.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 80
8/26/2013 20:19:04   
Eukara Vox

on memories, the soul and gentle breezes

Helping my grand mother pack up her house today was bitter sweet. I saw diplomas. service cards and accomplishments of my uncle who passed away recently. I saw a blood donor card from 1944 that belonged to my great grandfather. I saw my grandmother's incredible accomplishments and plaques from her service as a nurse for decades. I was given a family Bible from 1915, with family members in it that were nearly forgotten. Stuff my siblings and I gave her when we were very little. Memoirs of family and friends long since deceased.

But, I nearly cried when I found this poem. I had written it shortly after learning my great grandmother, one of THE reasons I am who I am, has passed away. My grief was fresh and raw, as I was in Pennsylvania in college at the time, and just celebrated my first wedding anniversary only a week earlier. I was not there for her in her last days and it hurt. The sting... was deep.

I was supposed to read this at her funeral, but the copy I had brought down with me on the plane had gotten lost. And now it is found.

I give you,

on memories, the soul and gentle breezes
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 81
10/23/2014 18:37:58   
Eukara Vox

3 New haiku

3 Senryu
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 82
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> RE: Dragonfly Dreams Poetry ~ No One
Page 4 of 4<1234
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition