Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Think, Question, Repeat (If Desired)/Stripes | Comments

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> RE: Think, Question, Repeat (If Desired)/Stripes | Comments
Page 7 of 7«<34567
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/2/2009 12:23:53   
Cow Face
One Heck of a Guy

Very high praise; I really appreciate it! Thanks very much, as always. :D

Update - Abstract In Solitude Minor
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 151
10/19/2009 12:21:45   
Cow Face
One Heck of a Guy

Returning from vacation with an update! Fallen Short - An odd poem, written from the point-of-view of some random fictitious character...
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 152
11/4/2009 11:58:54   
Cow Face
One Heck of a Guy

Silly update - The Togs of War
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 153
12/18/2009 9:44:50   
Cow Face
One Heck of a Guy

Update - One of my favorite of my own poems to date, but also one of the oddest in terms of formatting. Inspired (by the tune of) "Blue," by Serj Tankian. An Entreaty To The World
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 154
1/5/2010 10:51:41   
Cow Face
One Heck of a Guy

Update - A poem about discovering one's faults, and coming to accept, and to change, them. Human Again
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 155
1/6/2010 10:29:37   
Cow Face
One Heck of a Guy

A (sort-of-a) love poem written for a very dear friend of mine, who is honestly one of my reasons to live. Malleable
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 156
2/18/2010 12:11:40   
Cow Face
One Heck of a Guy

Update - The Fighting Coward, a semi-narrative poem about someone who's squandered their time in this world.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 157
3/8/2010 16:37:43   
Cow Face
One Heck of a Guy

Update - I, a revision of a poem I wrote a looong time ago. Much better now, if even more abstract and crazeh.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 158
3/11/2010 9:41:38   
Cow Face
One Heck of a Guy

Update - Shadow In Their Eyes. The subject should be pretty clear when you read it (assuming you do, in fact, read it). Possibly one of my best works to date; I actually got a little choked up when reading it aloud.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 159
3/29/2010 12:00:34   
Cow Face
One Heck of a Guy

Update - Children of War
Also, I've merged my freeverse thread, "Blank Faced" with this thread!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 160
4/20/2010 11:19:46   
Cow Face
One Heck of a Guy

Update from over Spring Break: Fear, a poem about... ... you know what it's about.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 161
4/23/2010 13:49:17   
Cow Face
One Heck of a Guy

Update - Look To Me. In my usual genre of alienation of the individual.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 162
6/1/2010 14:34:30   
Cow Face
One Heck of a Guy

Update - Factory, an odd little narrative poem.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 163
6/1/2010 14:56:49   
Shreder

Read through a couple of your more recent poems. Excellent as always CF!
DF MQ  Post #: 164
6/10/2010 13:29:10   
Cow Face
One Heck of a Guy

Many thanks! :D

Update - One Step Forward, One Step Back, a poem more along the lines of my first works.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 165
7/16/2010 10:09:56   
Cow Face
One Heck of a Guy

Update - Leave Me Be - Yet another breaking-out poem. Why do the majority of my poem ideas come to me in the bathtub?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 166
9/16/2010 11:41:19   
Cow Face
One Heck of a Guy

Update - Untitled, a fiction poem about a relationship that went horribly, horribly wrong. (The title is "Untitled.")
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 167
9/16/2010 23:01:10   
Hallie Slidepath
Robot Unicorn Overlord

The first time I read Untitled I misread a word that made me misunderstand it... the next time I read it I noticed my mistake, and then the poem made much more sense.
I really, really like your style, it feels almost otherwordly. It's easy understand the stories you tell in your poems without the descriptions always being straightforward, if that makes any sense :P

I've read through a few more of your poems, and I really enjoyed them all. I think I found mehself a new poet to add to the favorite list. I'll be looking forward to reading more of your work ^^
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 168
9/22/2010 13:54:24   
Cow Face
One Heck of a Guy

Ooh, drat, I hadn't noticed you'd made such a nice comment on my poetry. :D Many thanks for the compliments! It means a lot to me to know that someone enjoys my poetry- and particularly that they make sense, hee.

Update - Swan Song. More allegory, hooray!

Minor edit: It looks like my three most recent poems had too much spacing under the title. >_> So if you notice the "edited" line, anyone who's reading this, nothing's changed (yet). I'm just obsessive about spaces.

< Message edited by Cow Face -- 9/22/2010 13:56:14 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 169
9/28/2010 12:10:29   
Cow Face
One Heck of a Guy

Update - Travels, for lack of a better name. It's mainly just an experiment (for me) in rhyme.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 170
9/30/2010 13:45:21   
Arthur The Brave One

You weren't expecting to see me ever again, were you? If you even remember me, that is, but still, here I am, commenting and all!
Travels was... interesting, to say the least. Kind shook me up inside, somehow, but I don't even know how. Very well written and all, no comments on that. So I guess we can call that another job well done! I'll be seeing you around, then. (Or probably not, but who knows, I just might return... sometime.)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 171
10/13/2010 2:50:19   
Shreder

I thought I'd stop by and share my thoughts on what you've posted since I last checked in.

One Step Forward, One Step Back: Simple, but the message it contains is solid. Well done.

The Forums Are Great: Absolutely hilarious. I had the Discovery version of that song stuck in my head for ages after I first heard it, and you've done a fine job converting it to be about the forums. I especially the section on L&L. :P

Trebuchet
: I don't exactly get what the point of this poem is, but there's nothing really wrong with it...

Leave Me Be: This is one of your better poems, and the lyricism makes it read much like a song. In fact, I found myself half making up a melody for it as I went. :P

Untitled: The poem itself is excellent, which in itself contradicts what it says. I like the concept, and I love the execution. Probably the best of your recent poetry.

Swan Song: Another fine poem, the flow felt a little bit iffy at times, but that may just be me...

Travels: To be harshly honest, not your best. Not that there were any specific problems, but the quality of the piece overall just didn't match up with many of your earlier works like Leave Me Be or Untitled.
DF MQ  Post #: 172
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> RE: Think, Question, Repeat (If Desired)/Stripes | Comments
Page 7 of 7«<34567
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition