Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Major Mayhem

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Major Mayhem
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/26/2008 22:45:49   
Resolute

Major Mayhem

Location: In front of Oaklore Keep (Books 1 and 2) -> Quests -> Sir Ano -> Quests -> Major Mayhem
Level/Quest/Items required: Completion of Nose for Trouble
Release Date: November 26th, 2008

Objective: Little Jenny disappeared while hunting mushrooms for the Keep's pantry. Hopefully she's just lost, and nothing has mistaken her for its dinner instead!
Objective completed: Jenny is safe and Sir Ano is (slowly) learning the art of a Hero's humor with your help! And the loot littered around the Mushroom camp isn't too shabby, either.

Scaled Yes/No: Yes

Monsters
(9) Deadwood
(10) Mushroom
(1) Pip
(8) Raven
(1) MajorGeneral - Boss

NPCs
Jenny
Major General
Sir Ano

Rewards
None
Mushroom Guard's Belt
Mushroom Minion's Waistwrap
Mushroom Lieutenant's Strap
Mushroom General's Sash
Grenwog Egg

Dialogue
Sir Ano: I didn't get to tell you how impressed the patrol leader was when I told him about slaying the gargoyle! He says if I keep on like this...

Loads Sir Ano as Guest A.

Sir Ano: He'll make sure to speak to Captain Rolith about me! I know with your help and teaching I will surely to become one of the most heroic knights ever!
Sir Ano: And now there's another chance to stand out. One of the women who works in the kitchen sent her daughter out to pick mushrooms yesterday.
Sir Ano: I'll stand out and the little girl is saved. It's win-win. Will you help me hunt? One of the stableboys said they saw her go off into the deep woods.

• Quest!
  • Done

After a few fights if you go straight at the crossroads

<Character>: I could swear I've seen that mushroom cluster before. You DO have a map, don't you?
    Sir Ano: Where would I keep it? It's not like metal armor provides much of an opportunity for pockets...
    <Character>: Isn't the motto of the Pactogonal Knights "Be prepared"? A hero should always anticipate the unexpected.
    Sir Ano: No, no, you're thinking of the squadron of Squires who scout ahead on patrols.
    <Character>: Pfft. I've seen those scouts. Some of them aren't much more than boys.
    Sir Ano: I still remember some of the tracking tricks we were taught. And some of this spoor looks spore-like.
    <Character>: Mushrooms? I'm not lichen the sound of that!
    Sir Ano: So, is making bad jokes part of a Hero's standard repertoire? Like putting on emotional armor?
    <Character>: Laugh in the face of danger. Use your humor as a weapon to fight off fear. And if the jokes are bad enough...
    <Character>: They might just drive your enemies away. That's both an efficient use of energy AND entertaining!

You continue down the other path till you reach the end you see a bunch of mushrooms dancing in front of a fire and a young girl tied up, then the mushrooms approach you.

Major General: What?! I posted scores of sentries! Surely you couldn't have dodged them all!
    Sir Ano: We saw some with their caps pulled over their eyes, napping. You might want to work on that.
    <Character>: What would you want with a little girl anyways? It's not like you can mold her into one of your mushroom minions.
    Sir Ano: *snicker* I think I see what you mean about humor.
    Major General: ... I don't get it.
    <Character>: Mold. Fungus. You're a mush- ah, nevermind. I guess you just have spore comprehension.
    Sir Ano: But about Jenny? What use could you have for a little girl?
    Major General: We saw her out picking our little cousins! Wouldn't you fight to save your family? Before she could gather too many, we decided to collect HER.
    Sir Ano: You know, I can almost sympathize with your reasoning. I bet you're a pretty fun guy when you aren't kidnapping little girls.
    <Character>: *wince* Ok, so we'll make sure to work on your punning before you get called to Court.
    Major General: I am the very model of a mushroom major general and I'll teach you that fungi should not be mocked!
    Sir Ano: So you're saying we shouldn't truffle with you, is that it?
    <Character>: *snicker* Better.

Battle! - You fight the MajorGeneral

<Character>: We mashed that mushroom without too much trouble. The next time you're sent out to forage, Jenny...
    <Character>: Pick something that can't fight back!
    Sir Ano: How's that for a morel to the story?
    Jenny: *giggle*

• Complete Quest

Thanks to
    -- wolfman_naruto, darkrider14, Saojun, VHunter and AssadBlaze for some links.
    -- NikisArmy for links and corrections.
    -- Robofire2 for typo correction.
    -- Stephen Nix for correction and dialogue rewrite.
    -- Sagrym for corrections.

< Message edited by Slayer Zach -- 7/29/2015 17:10:15 >
  • AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Major Mayhem
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition