Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

The Anti-Hermitage ~ Comments and Criticism

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> The Anti-Hermitage ~ Comments and Criticism
Page 1 of 41234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/4/2009 15:17:02   
not steve

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=16098368

Thar she blows. I am very tempted to add a long write up here but I think I did enough writing in the forward in the actual gallery. :P i commend anyone who reads all of that in one sitting, you have a patience greater than most. Anyway, what do you guys think?

< Message edited by not steve -- 6/20/2009 13:27:33 >
AQ DF  Post #: 1
6/7/2009 13:27:55   
Sir Dorigo III

I read your poetry... Wow Doc.. I had no idea you were so talented... i didnt read the first section, and although your love poems were great, i felt they lacked a bit of depth and soul. they were great, but i feel that with more work they would feel like a part of your heart being put in there.

But you are extremely talented. Great job.. I finally want to begin my thread.. In fact i will. ill start right now
DF  Post #: 2
6/7/2009 13:39:51   
not steve

:D i didn't know you were into poetry dori? lacking soul, i suppose. they aren't relay written to specific people, but i suppose that cant be helped.

btw, for people who dont know Doc is my nickname around the gallery.
AQ DF  Post #: 3
6/8/2009 14:57:58   
not steve

Patched with virtue chapter three is up.

Contents code: [(->.<)-]
AQ DF  Post #: 4
6/13/2009 16:35:34   
not steve

New Love Poem: But a dream

contents code: [ImRunningOutOfThingsToWrite] (paste it into the find box and hit enter twice on the anti-hermitage thread.)
AQ DF  Post #: 5
6/18/2009 8:57:16   
not steve

another love poem: No Words

is now added. code is: [7467905RANDOM!!]
AQ DF  Post #: 6
6/18/2009 16:19:23   
Sir Dorigo III

Welll I'm here. I must say I like the love poems best of all your work. but I feeel that your note on No Words was correct. the meaning of the stanzas didnt differ. i feel if you could find a differen chorus,it might work better.

But a dream... i enjoyed how it switched from different futures. I felt this on gave the full picture and this was a great poem.

slthough these two were both great, my favorite would have to be Everywhere. I liked this one a lot, and if you care to visit my poetry thread, there is a new poem (Unnamed) inspirded by Everywhere.

I love your work and can't wait for more love opoetry
DF  Post #: 7
6/18/2009 17:06:56   
not steve

i will probably write another installment of patched with virtue tonight. and maybe post this poem i have been working on for a while.
AQ DF  Post #: 8
6/18/2009 17:51:34   
Sir Dorigo III

I cant wait for the poem... However I dont feel that patched by virtue is for me. But i encourage you to continue. lets ee if i begin to like it.
DF  Post #: 9
6/18/2009 20:38:14   
not steve

its patched WITH virtue. not by virtue, but i like it, if you read the forward (and i am pretty sure you have since you read the love poem notes) than you know it is a veiled autobiography and i like writing it.
AQ DF  Post #: 10
6/18/2009 20:49:07   
not steve

new poem i promised earlier: Paladin

is up
code: [SHOOPdaWOOP]

enjoy!
AQ DF  Post #: 11
6/18/2009 21:50:12   
Sir Dorigo III

Ill give it a try. Heading to read Palasin right now

I feel Paladin is great. And CowFace was right. ending was not needed..

i gave the patched with virtue a try. You are right... it is great. You have great talent o write a prose in verse. I lvoe it and cant wait for the next chapeer

< Message edited by Sir Dorigo III -- 6/20/2009 15:00:01 >
DF  Post #: 12
6/19/2009 9:05:03   
not steve

? i'm probably missing something. anyway, thanks ;)
AQ DF  Post #: 13
6/19/2009 9:19:10   
not steve

Chapter 4 is up!

code: [^_^]
AQ DF  Post #: 14
6/22/2009 13:30:22   
not steve

Chapter 5 is up...

code: [>.<]
AQ DF  Post #: 15
6/25/2009 17:21:14   
not steve

New love poem: I Am, You Are

Code: [SQUEE]

(again, in order to have the code work hit edit, find or control + f on your browser and type the code there. than hit enter twice and it will take you right to the poem)
AQ DF  Post #: 16
6/30/2009 16:53:51   
not steve

"A call to arms added"

code: [phelem123rocks!!]
AQ DF  Post #: 17
7/2/2009 21:43:02   
Sir Dorigo III

Both great. I did like i am, you are and i feel it was pretty good at capturing the emotion. but i cant comment on a call to arms, because i don enjoy poetry about war, no matte the poet. i feel if i did criticize it, i would lower it much more than the actual value. but i liked it compared to other war poems i've read
DF  Post #: 18
7/3/2009 9:36:27   
not steve

Thank you, it's good to know I can write war poems, I thought it lagged and you couldn't tell what it was supposed to be about early on. But I really liked the last paragraph. Anyway, enough criticizing myself. And thanks for the comment on the love poem too, again, I have my quarrels with it but it's nice to know it is liked. :D
AQ DF  Post #: 19
7/4/2009 13:31:02   
Sanguine

Wow... I really enjoyed reading your poems. Besides the fact that while reading them I was always thinking of the rhyme scheme aabb, even if the poem wasn't following it, I enjoyed every one of them.

Sanguine
Post #: 20
7/5/2009 9:02:25   
not steve

:D Thats fantastic, I always love to hear my work is appreciated. I have been writing less AABB lately because I do write allot of it. :P but I do enjoy that style.

AQ DF  Post #: 21
7/6/2009 16:27:40   
Eronoc

I am not good at poetry. Sometimes I come up with some good ones though. I looked at Paladin and thought, "Necromancer or vampire" do you think one of those would be a good one? I would think it would be better for you to do either. ;)

"But the truth is that while our dark art draws many who are indeed evil, some of us are Necromancers simply because -- we want those answers hidden beyond the world of the living"
Post #: 22
7/7/2009 13:57:10   
not steve

The poem "Paladin" was about samaritanism against vigilantism. I prefer semaritanism myself but i tried to keep it objective. I dont understand exactly what you mean, what concepts do Necromancer and Vampire represent?
AQ DF  Post #: 23
7/7/2009 16:25:18   
not steve

new poem: My armor

code: [XDnotrlly]
AQ DF  Post #: 24
7/9/2009 12:31:56   
Sir Dorigo III

Hey just checked in. I love it. it captures family, tho i feel it mite have fit better as a literal pinc, since that happens much more often. XD but overall a great poem. cant wait for more from you. :D
DF  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> The Anti-Hermitage ~ Comments and Criticism
Page 1 of 41234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition