Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=WF= Weapon Art Contest Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> =WF= Weapon Art Contest Discussion
Page 1 of 1512345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/13/2009 1:17:52   
Aelthai
Legendary Miss Fixit

Anything and everything about the Weapon Art contest (other than submissions!) belongs here.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
6/13/2009 1:34:24   
Genoclysm
Legendary AdventureGuide!

A friendly little reminder, this is mainly an art contest. Stats other than special effects are neither expected nor encouraged. Providing them will not disqualify you, there just isn't any point in providing them.
Post #: 2
6/13/2009 2:27:31   
Skyline
Battle On!

wow... One contest after another. I love this one even more than the last. Starting to work on mine. :D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
6/13/2009 3:05:05   
final five

i might actually do this one

just a question. what is(are) the reward(s) for the winner(s)?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 4
6/13/2009 3:18:38   
aNyThInG

Do these winners from all the contests gets a forum title? Just wondering if there's some other special perks.
AQ DF  Post #: 5
6/13/2009 3:22:07   
Genoclysm
Legendary AdventureGuide!

quote:

The suggestion(s) that win(s) will be designed and put into mass production for immediate availability to all WarpForce soldiers!
The rewards is your weapon(s) going in-game. I imagine the winner(s) will be credited in the item description(s).
Post #: 6
6/13/2009 3:23:54   
Issa

Where can I access the contest or is it not up yet? Also, if I'm suggesting something should it be in the form of an AQ weapon suggestion?

< Message edited by Issa -- 6/13/2009 3:26:13 >
DF  Post #: 7
6/13/2009 5:11:55   
aNyThInG

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=16145931

Issa, click that link.
AQ DF  Post #: 8
6/13/2009 6:06:45   
Recalatalator

May i use an image as background? Just wondering. And in the rewards, may the prizes include having extra money in-game and/or being able to test the game without upgrading cuz we are creating the weps. thats all! And good luck to all!
DF MQ  Post #: 9
6/13/2009 6:38:44   
Stan

Awesome, another contest. It seems like I'll have to try my hand at weapon crafting. Never done that before.

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 10
6/13/2009 7:53:10   
Memory of a Nightmare

I have one...or actually two, but they are the same weapon...entries that I will join with. I just have to edit the handdrawn pictures on my computer first. I'm not gonna tell too much but I have made an Energy blade that will transform into a deadly staff, more details in the contest entry I guess...
AQ DF  Post #: 11
6/13/2009 8:18:43   
Stan

Hmmm... The rules say only one submission. But is it allowed to have one file that contains not only the weapon, but also small images with text around to illustrate what it can do and to highlight details? So can you have one big image, and a few smaller ones around it to give the weapon a bith more depth?

< Message edited by Stan -- 6/13/2009 8:19:42 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 12
6/13/2009 8:31:34   
Memory of a Nightmare

The rules doesn't say anything about that not being allowed. I'm gonna post two pictures in one with my entry...it's the same weapon.

Edit: My entry is now up! Link

< Message edited by Memory of a Nightmare -- 6/13/2009 11:48:15 >
AQ DF  Post #: 13
6/13/2009 9:52:02   
Davosaur

Nickwright is going to own this place D:

... lol
Post #: 14
6/13/2009 9:59:00   
mluther

@Memory
quote:

* All entry transmissions must be submitted in this thread
* Only one submission per person
* All submissions MUST be your own original idea and work. By submitting to this contest, you are automatically promising that your submission is original. Art or design ideas that are based on non-AE copyrighted characters and/or copyrighted art are not allowed. AE can not use copyrighted characters or art, and as such, suggesting them are not allowed.
* Only transmissions for the purpose of submitting a suggestion should be posted in this thread.
* Please do not post images. If you wish to include images, please post links to those images only.

AQ MQ  Post #: 15
6/13/2009 10:02:55   
Kitsukaru

Where is Nickwright? lolol
He is going to rejoice when he sees this.
DF  Post #: 16
6/13/2009 10:34:52   
nosey123
Friendly!

Hmm, needs more dakka.

I can't wait to see what's going to be going in game.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 17
6/13/2009 12:49:17   
Boom u doom

do u get low chance of winning if u didnt put image for weapon design?
AQW  Post #: 18
6/13/2009 13:08:35   
Yagno2000
Queen of Blades

quote:

Entries will be judged upon:
  • Originality/Creativity
  • Thoroughness
  • Feasibility
  • Theme

• The criteria on which your entries will be judged are listed in the Contest thread.

quote:

Suggestions may include:
  • Weapon Name
  • Artwork
  • Visual Descriptions
  • Backstory
  • Special Flavor Abilities
  • Something else of which the engineers of Armory Unit #2000 might not have thought

• Also listed are what you may choose to include in your entry. As you can see, artwork is not explicitly required; however, artwork will be helpful as a guide of how you intend the weapon to look. The same can be accomplished with a simple description of the weaon, if you choose. You may be as detailed as you like in your descriptions or your images, and you may post links to as many images as you feel are necessary to properly display the details of your weapon suggestion. As long as you follow the rules, everything is fair game. :)

Just remember, the more thorough and detailed your entry, the better! Get creative, folks!

Battle On!
    Post #: 19
    6/13/2009 13:17:08   
    TreadLight

Oh, wow... This is like a dream come true for some people. xD

I'll take my hand at this, but I doubt I'll get anywhere with it. ;)
    MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
    6/13/2009 13:25:00   
    Stan

Gotta love contests in which you can edit your post.

Here's version 1 of my 'weapon'. Much more will still be done to it. For example, I'll also make an animation of the attack in flash.

*Click!*
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 21
    6/13/2009 13:29:07   
    Memory of a Nightmare

OMG, thatlooks horrible! I mean, the art is awesome, but that poor creature! How can someone ever use that as a weapon?!
    AQ DF  Post #: 22
    6/13/2009 14:16:10   
    Avantir

What is "Special Flavor Abilities"? Does it mean Special Abilities of weapons?
    AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 23
    6/13/2009 14:31:20   
    DragonSlayerNinja

check out my entry :D
    http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=16145931&mpage=1&key=�
    post #11
    AQ  Post #: 24
    6/13/2009 14:39:40   
    Aelthai
    Legendary Miss Fixit

Special Flavor abilities is anything odd the weapon might do. For example, it might inflict a status, have different elements show up on its special ... anything you can think of, really.

No, titles are not being given out for this contest. The reward is that if you win, your weapon will be placed in game - probably for the WF release, though maybe shortly thereafter.

< Message edited by Aelthai -- 6/13/2009 14:40:51 >
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> =WF= Weapon Art Contest Discussion
    Page 1 of 1512345>»
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition