Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =WF= Weapon Art Contest Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= Weapon Art Contest Discussion
Page 2 of 15«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/13/2009 14:52:06   
Memory of a Nightmare

I was thinking....as I didn't see anything about it...Will there be more than 1 winner. I mean, a new game cannot get too much weapons, right? Will there maybe be 5-8, or 10 winners? Or just 1?
AQ DF  Post #: 26
6/13/2009 14:55:13   
TreadLight

There quite possibly could be multiple winners. In the past, there have been choices made by staff at the last minute to change the results up a bit.

For example, in the JACON Drawing contest, there were many more runner-ups than planned.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
6/13/2009 14:57:07   
Jadugarr

D:

Why did you guys wait till I quit flash to announce this type of contest?
Jerks.

:\
DF MQ  Post #: 28
6/13/2009 15:03:30   
Viking_Jorun

/me patpats Jadugarr

Here's my entry. Not too much of a weapons artist, and I suspect NickWright, Minar, Reni, and other great Flash artists to pwn the competition. x3

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=16149205
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
6/13/2009 15:13:59   
Aelthai
Legendary Miss Fixit

quote:

The winning entry or entries will be announced the following week leading up to the launch of WarpForce.

Yes, there may well be multiple winners.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 30
6/13/2009 15:24:01   
Stan

Yeah, we're lucky the AE staff are bad at chosing winners, there are almost always many more winners than originally planned.

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 31
6/13/2009 16:18:07   
moglinslayer315

Aw man I was hoping this would be like a imaginative thing cause I can't draw....man we need some contests that I can actually do!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 32
6/13/2009 16:35:38   
Genoclysm
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Artwork isn't required, so you still can do this if you're capable of describing something in detail.
Post #: 33
6/13/2009 17:02:39   
MegaPoster404

Viking_Jorun, Nice pixel art, but it could use a bit more detail.

my entry:
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=16149404
DF MQ  Post #: 34
6/13/2009 17:03:44   
Baker

Fun! I'll try to see what I can come up with, even though I do no art.

Because I don't do art, I have a question! Would some sort of collaboration between two people be allowed? For example, in the old AQ Zard Contest, I came up with an idea for a zard and then asked another member - ice cream man - to make a concept drawing of the zard for me based on my description. I was credited for the win in the contest (he was a runner-up on his own, so he did okay!), but that contest involved a name, stats, and in-game description more than visual looks and concepts (meaning that the drawing was just to illustrate the description and that I won based on the name and description, not the drawing). In this contest, which seems to treat concept and visuals as equals, would it be okay for one person to think up the weapon and have another one draw it (and have them both receive credit for "winning")? I have no idea what I'd submit yet, but I'd like to know if that's an option going forward... probably not.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 35
6/13/2009 17:13:22   
dxb105

i did one but i dont make weapons so it probably wont win but the info on it will help
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 36
6/13/2009 18:11:37   
DragonSlayerNinja

haha look at my Special Flavor Ability, i made a pic of it in action :D http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=16145931&mpage=1&key=�
hope you enjoy it

(its post 11 by me, dragonslayerninja, with the warp flail
AQ  Post #: 37
6/13/2009 19:19:02   
whos john?

i'm not quite sure its ready for entry yet but here is my entry

its supposed to be a whip/ flail

and the end is supposed to spin
DF  Post #: 38
6/13/2009 19:59:52   
Predatoree

How many rewards are there gonna be?
AQ  Post #: 39
6/13/2009 20:01:59   
The Chaos Slayer

Does any actually believe the entry from Caotica White? It's amazing, however, I have a feeling he stole it from the internut.

Oh man. I'm not the greatest artist, but I might as well try.
AQ  Post #: 40
6/13/2009 20:16:03   
Saint Kilda

I've entered an entry and I want to change the entry completely, can I do that?
AQW  Post #: 41
6/13/2009 20:46:01   
The Chaos Slayer

I posted, but my artwork isn't done yet. I have no idea whether this is more of a melee weapons game, or a guns game, so I made both!
AQ  Post #: 42
6/13/2009 20:48:47   
Caotica White

I made an entry: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=16150488

< Message edited by Caotica White -- 6/13/2009 20:49:20 >
DF MQ  Post #: 43
6/13/2009 21:05:26   
Reactive

I decided to give it a shot, here's my entry: Click!
There's some rough competition though lol.
Post #: 44
6/13/2009 21:29:20   
Dragonbane Deathsword

Yay! i posted! i hope they like mine!
i posted right after you, reactive!
here!

< Message edited by Dragonbane Deathsword -- 6/13/2009 22:14:38 >
DF MQ  Post #: 45
6/13/2009 21:38:52   
DragonSlayerNinja

quote:

haha look at my Special Flavor Ability, i made a pic of it in action :D http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=16145931&mpage=1&key=�
hope you enjoy it

(its post 11 by me, dragonslayerninja, with the warp flail

any comments on my entry?????
AQ  Post #: 46
6/13/2009 21:40:48   
The Chaos Slayer

Voltaic Grizzly

Considering how horrible I am at art, I was amazed I did this well on the Voltaic Grizzly. :D
AQ  Post #: 47
6/13/2009 21:55:18   
DragonSlayerNinja

ill comment your entry if u comment mine
AQ  Post #: 48
6/13/2009 22:12:37   
The Chaos Slayer

quote:

Weapon Name Warp Flail - Energy Weapon - Flail I like the name. It fits the weapon, and it sounds cool.

Artwork Warp Flail Drawing I love the drawing. It's really cool. The way the lightning hugs the ball. The "chain" is cool and looks lightning-y. The handle is also really cool. I think it would be cool if the ball looked like a spiral, because "Warp" sounds like a warphole, which is basically a big spiral. But that's my thoughts.

Visual Descriptions This weapon consists of a handle and energy orb. When Activated, the handle emits a stream of energy that connects it to the energy flail. The Energy Orb has immense power in itself and without proper handling, can send anything that touches it flying in a fatal shock. The handle has various "spikes" that contain the energy and direct it to the Orb. There is also a smaller orb on the end of the handle to enhance the power of the energy stream so the orb is always intact with the handle. The main orb, or flail, also has various "spikes" that center the energy to the enemy. The streams of energy replace what in medieval times would be the chain. The steams of energy are like lightning and cause fatal shocks if contact is made with it making this weapon a greater threat. It's very descriptive, and it allows you to understand what the flail really is that you couldn't decipher from the picture.

Backstory This weapon was crafted originally by the Devourer but was modified for WarpForce Heavy Troopers. WarpForce Heavy Troopers carry heavy armor to withstand the energy of this weapon. Falerin helped in the modification of this weapon. Amada put the weapon into production. A simple back story. It works.

Special Flavor Abilities The Handle can be deactivated in a throwing motion sending the energy orb at a clump of enemies and being reactivated and having the stream of energy fling the orb back into place. (like a whip)
Here is a "comic like" panel of what i mean by this - Warp Fling! Such a cool special. The picture is really simple, but gets the point across.
AQ  Post #: 49
6/13/2009 22:16:51   
Dragonbane Deathsword

Who likes my wepon?
cmon! it rocks!.........................................................................................................................^
oh dang... i cant top that.... ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------l

< Message edited by Dragonbane Deathsword -- 6/13/2009 22:19:19 >
DF MQ  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= Weapon Art Contest Discussion
Page 2 of 15«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition