Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =WF= A Final Mystery

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= A Final Mystery
Page 29 of 29«<2526272829
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/12/2009 6:08:26   
Lkeas

It seems we've only got the animal cipher left so far. I have a bunch of questions about it which I listed below. I don't expect I'll get answers to all of them, but if even one or two questions get answered that'll at least be something. We have made zero progress on this cipher since it was posted 3 days ago, so we could use a little help!

Does the number of animals in each picture have some significance?
Do the names of the animals have any significance? How specific do they have to be?
Does the first letter of the name of the animal have any significance? If so, do any of the animals share the first letter of their names?
Is each grouping of animals one word, one sentence, or something else?
How many steps are there to get to the plaintext?
What's the point of the x-ray type images?

Here's the animals I see so far. Had to take wild guesses at a couple of them. Any chance we can find out which of these are identified correctly?

dog
goose (specifically canada goose)
frog
x-ray baby????
armadillo
gazelle (specifically blackbuck?)
x-ray rat???
dodo
hawk
goat
deer (antelope?)
fish
aardvark
giraffe

I think until we can figure all this stuff out there's not much we can do to move forward...
AQ DF  Post #: 701
7/12/2009 8:31:10   
goron link8

I think that you have to take 1 letter from each animals name to make a word(probably wrong)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 702
7/12/2009 9:48:53   
general greivous

A few things:

Fish are seen alone, in a pair and even 3 in a fishbowl.
Most pictures seem to be black and white (what could explain the x-ray, maybe), except for the goat, the two deers and the fishbowl.

Maybe the paired ones mean male and female? Noah's Arc rings a bell.

< Message edited by general greivous -- 7/12/2009 9:49:38 >
AQ  Post #: 703
7/12/2009 16:14:18   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

my anatomy/physiology class instincts tell me that we should be looking at that picture not as a baby-xray. But as a human skeleton.

Babies, are humans. So I believe Human skeleton will fit more accurately because we don't quite know the age of the baby so we can't easily specify it as a baby.
Besides there's more then one word for baby too.

Infant comes to mind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_goose that's what a canadian goose looks like.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goose

and here's something on all kinds of geese.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deer

And here's one on deer, the bottom section has a large list of deers and will probably show a picture of each deer. I can tell you this.
Both of those deer with horns are specifically male.
AQW Epic  Post #: 704
7/12/2009 17:46:34   
Eldron

yes, yes, pretty much, yes, yes, about 4 give or take, good question, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, no, yes, yes, no, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
Post #: 705
7/12/2009 18:05:13   
  Vivi
Outsmarting Bugs

Okay, so gazelle and hawk are wrong. Some of Eldron's answers don't quite make sense (for example, "yes" to a question that isn't yes/no >.>) but they give us a lot to work with.

I'm thinking antelope and osprey personally, although not 100% sure on that.
edit: Falcon, not osprey. Don't know how I got to osprey >_>

< Message edited by phoenixfire555 -- 7/12/2009 19:33:54 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 706
7/12/2009 21:37:05   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

I'm going to agree with phoenix, if I'm not mistaken that isn't a hawk but a falcon much like what you see with the peregrine falcons.

Did you know that they used falcons in medevil times to not only carry messages, but to help hunt down certain animals.

Of course back then, using arrows on a falcon was hard due to their speed and quickness, however trained archers could take one down if their aim was true.
AQW Epic  Post #: 707
7/12/2009 21:43:29   
Caotica White

I think it's a condor.

DF MQ  Post #: 708
7/12/2009 22:14:45   
Krayola
Mmm, I wuv fish!

If I am not mistaken, all the animals in pairs start with a g? Geese, goat, giraffe, gazelle? and goldfish?

< Message edited by Krayola -- 7/12/2009 22:15:45 >

AQ DF  Post #: 709
7/13/2009 0:26:41   
Rhowena
Legendary AK!!!

Caotica, a condor is a giant vulture. Given the beak shape and sideburns, I personally vote peregrine.
AQ DF  Post #: 710
7/13/2009 1:16:30   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

I'm going to have to agree with Rhowena on the peregrine, that's what I had been thinking before, but used falcon as a general reference.
AQW Epic  Post #: 711
7/13/2009 3:08:54   
Lkeas

Sweetness! Thanks Eldron

So... yeah, my bad, the blackbuck is actually an antelope, not a gazelle. And I'll go with the other players and say the bird is probably a falcon.

What blows my mind is that he said "yes" for both the x-ray baby and the x-ray rat guesses. Weird??

So anyway, he said "pretty much" I guess in answer to the question about using the first letter of each animal name. Since it's not a definitive yes we aren't sure how important they are. But the number of animals is definitely important. If we type it out with numbers included, it'll look something like this:

1dog2goose1dog1frog1dog1frog1goose1xbaby1arm1goose1dog1goose1arm1goose
1ant1xrat1dodo1falcon1ant1goat2deer1dodo1ant1goat1ant1goat1dodo2goat
1fish1aard2giraffe1aard1fish1xbaby1goose1fish1ant1goat1aard1falcon2goat1falcon
1arm1goose2fish1aard1goat1arm1goat1dog1xbaby1dodo2goat2fish
1giraffe1aard3fish1aard2goat1ant1xbaby1frog2goat1xrat1dog1frog

If instead of typing numbers we just type however many animals there are per picture, it looks like this:

dog goose goose dog frog dog frog goose xbaby armadillo goose dog goose armadillo goose
antelope xrat dodo falcon antelope goat deer deer dodo antelope goat antelope goat dodo goat goat
fish aardvark giraffe giraffe aardvark fish xbaby goose fish antelope goat aardvark falcon goat goat falcon
armadillo goose fish fish aardvark goat armadillo goat dog xbaby dodo goat goat fish fish
giraffe aardvark fish fish fish aardvark goat goat antelope xbaby frog goat goat xrat dog frog

One thing of note is that all of these names start with one of 4 letters: A, D, F, or G, with the exception of the x-ray images. This looks strangely similar to the ADFGVX cipher, except there's no V's (unless the falcon is a vulture like Caotica suggested?). Which is worrisome because I don't understand the ADFGVX cipher very well at all; it looks quite complicated to crack. There's some info here:

http://www.richkni.co.uk/php/crypta/adfgvx.php

EDIT: Apparently there's also an ADFGX cipher with no V's, perhaps that's what was used:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADFGVX_cipher

But it seems we need a key at some point? I wonder if Fal's clue about ramen might come in handy... but the word only has 5 letters, and Eldron's code seems to break more easily into chunks of 6 (or 12, or 3, or 4...) like so:

dggdfd fgxagd gagaxd f.a.gddd agagdg gf.a.gga fxgf.a.g afggf.a gff.a.ga gdxdgg ffgaff f.a.ggax fggxdf
(apparently this code sets off the forum censor. periods added so you can read it, no significance on the cipher :P)

How do we crack this with no key?

< Message edited by Lkeas -- 7/13/2009 3:40:29 >
AQ DF  Post #: 712
7/13/2009 3:39:35   
Krayola
Mmm, I wuv fish!

The Adfgvx cipher is an extension of just a plain adfgx one according to wikipedia, no v needed.

< Message edited by Krayola -- 7/13/2009 3:41:44 >
AQ DF  Post #: 713
7/13/2009 6:39:55   
blaqckhole

Would the presence of an extra "the" and a misspelling of "hop" into "hope" in Eldron's previous poem be linked? The purpose(s) of the poem hasn't been solved yet.

I believe we have established that hope was the correct choice.

< Message edited by Eldron -- 7/13/2009 11:48:24 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 714
7/13/2009 11:44:36   
Eldron

Search for the key to knowledge.
Post #: 715
7/13/2009 11:47:33   
Falerin
Legendary Loremaster

Iran around looking for a key like that Eldron, entirely to no avail; i guess it is up to them now.
Post #: 716
7/13/2009 11:49:52   
Eldron

I guess we'll have to sweep it under the proverbial rug!
Post #: 717
7/13/2009 12:00:51   
tobi728822

The key to knowledge, an encyclopedia... maybe...
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 718
7/13/2009 12:57:58   
Falerin
Legendary Loremaster

30 Page Lock!

Silly Fal... Forgot to press the shiny button... ~V_J

< Message edited by Viking_Jorun -- 7/13/2009 13:19:18 >
Post #: 719
Page:   <<   < prev  25 26 27 28 [29]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= A Final Mystery
Page 29 of 29«<2526272829
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition