Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =WF= Combat Bugs

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce Bugs >> RE: =WF= Combat Bugs
Page 7 of 17«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/7/2009 23:40:37   
jakemaster1390

nevermind

< Message edited by jakemaster1390 -- 7/7/2009 23:47:25 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 151
7/8/2009 11:12:19   
Archimo

ok i weared the starter stuff and when i fightet the trainer in strenght than after i defeatet him there was an error were it cut not save

If you are still getting that, please clear your cache - it has long since been fixed. ~Aelthai

< Message edited by Aelthai -- 7/8/2009 14:42:54 >
Post #: 152
7/8/2009 11:17:05   
Archimo

dont know were this belongs realy but isent it a bug thad drakel chars got no tails couse nerly all drakels got tails

It may be, I'll have to ask. ~Aelthai

< Message edited by Aelthai -- 7/8/2009 14:43:29 >
Post #: 153
7/8/2009 22:43:51   
maxwe3

I bought the pet bird thing the lowest level one and i needed money so I sold it and when I went into battle he was still there.

duplicated ~Aelthai

< Message edited by Aelthai -- 7/9/2009 13:40:30 >
Post #: 154
7/9/2009 13:27:07   
Technomancer
Legendary AK!!!

Character Info: Drakel Gunner
Char ID (optional)
Char Name (optional)
Level: 4

What equipment were you using?
Weapon: WarpTracker Pistol
Gauntlet: Basic Lightning Gauntlet
Battlesuit: WarpTracker Gunner
Pet: Glador (Guest Zorboz)

Bug Info:
What were you fighting?: Name and level of monster Tronzor, trainer Lv4
Quest or Location?[/b[ Where/how did you encounter it? VR Deck, training Dex

Details What happened? What's the bug? Use as much detail as possible! I entered the battle without a head
Before Bug occurred: What were you doing prior to the problem? I logged in and did the undead sawbot challenge from Zorboz, fought a few RA monsters and then I tried to train my Dex stat.
During Bug: What happened during the bug/what issues or errors did you see? Head went missing for the rest of the battle (not just flying a few cm behind you, I mean really gone)
After bug/game crash: What was the end result? Game crash/freeze? Missing item? I won, paid and could continue fighting other monsters

Did the game kick you out? no
What was the error message/code? no

Screenshot link: http://img127.imageshack.us/i/headlessdrakel.png/
Did you try clearing your cache? Before or after the bug happened?: before
Did the bug happen again?: (If it did not, no need to post!) after the battle, I did a couple of random battles, which I all started without a head
Edit: I tried training my Dex again and still got no head.

Technical Info:
Graphics quality setting: (Low, Medium, High, Best) low (I put it on high for a better quality screenshot after the bug happened)
Browser type and version: (Firefox? Internet Explorer? Opera? Another one?) IE
Operating System: (Windows 98? XP? Vista? Another type?) Vista

Edit2: I logged out and back in, and the bug was fixed. I redid my actions up to the bug and it didn't happen again (I didn't clear my cache). Mayby it was just a temporary lose you head moment? This still remains up till now the only moment I lost my characters head in a battle (not in a cutscene).

Could be. I've seen it but can't figure out how to get it to happen - if you figure out how to make it repeatable, please let me know. ~Aelthai

< Message edited by Aelthai -- 7/9/2009 14:12:43 >
AQ DF  Post #: 155
7/9/2009 13:30:04   
Sicsin

I think something should be done about Tronzor, the trainer. I don't think it's a bug but he's almost IMPOSSIBLE to hit. I didn't calculate it or anything but I think about 5% of my attacks went through, whereareas just about all his attacks hit me. He needs to be fixed.

Oh, and (this applies to adventure quest too) after a few turns, guests disappear. When I summon Psycho in adventurequest, or a glin with the spell from Kairula (I think that's the planet name) They stay, but so far the guest that come with options to bring them or not, like Zorboz, either of the two guests from planet Trescol, or the Shalen guest, they disappear after a few turns. I suppose that bug is more of a priority than my problem with Tronzor.

We're planning to look at Tronzor.
That's not a bug. Guests cost SP or MP and if you don't have enough, they leave. ~Aelthai

< Message edited by Aelthai -- 7/9/2009 13:42:59 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 156
7/9/2009 13:34:50   
Technomancer
Legendary AK!!!

@above: It depends on which stat you're training. If you're training Dex, his melee and magic defenses are impossible to breach (40 and 50) but his ranged defense (10) is easy to overcome. That's only about Dex though, I haven't seen his defenses on any other training. I believe he's meant to be easy for the type of of stat you're training: If training Str, he should be weaker against melee attacks, if training Dex against ranged attacks,... . Since Dex is okay to beat, it should be the same case for the other stats.
If you can beat him fairly easy while training Dex, but he's impossible to even scratch while training another stat, he's severely overpowered. Could you tell me what stat you where training and how much combat defenses he had? I'm just curious incase I would consider training anything other than Dex.

INT and CHA are probably the worst at the moment, END also has issues ... he's just not an easy fight at all. ~Aelthai

Thanks Aelthai, I guess I'll just stick with Dex as for now.
On a side note: will there be an option to untrain your stats in the future? If so, could you already give a date (like next month, in a few months,....)?

I can make no guarantees at this time - I don't know yet. It's certainly possible. ~Aelthai

< Message edited by Aelthai -- 7/9/2009 14:24:13 >
AQ DF  Post #: 157
7/9/2009 14:02:31   
Technomancer
Legendary AK!!!

Just a question:

I know that a low level pet like glador doesn't do a lot of damage (especially when you have 0 charisma) but is it normal that it sometimes does 0 damage on an enemy with a 90% resistance to water (Tronzor, the trainer). It's not that it misses, the attack hits but it says: ranged 0 damage. So is it normal that it can do 0 damage? I always thought that if the enemy has a resistance of 90% and the attack lands, the minimum damage is 1. So is this a bug, or am I just to low leveled to have a pet with a damage range that keeps it from hitting less than 1 damage? Does the opponent have to have at least a 100% resistance to stop the pet from hitting for 0 damage since it's low leveled?

It's rounding from less than 0.5 damage down to 0 - this is because it's a three-hit attack. A three-hit attack on a Level 1 pet ... clearly has a chance of hittong 0. I may take a look at it and see if there's anything we can do, but it's not actually a bug, it just looks weird. ~Aelthai

Thanks, I knew it was because of the low level, but the whole purpose of having a pet is to have it dish out some extra damage to take down a monster you couldn't have defeated by yourself. If it has a chance of doing 0 damage on top of the fact that it's accuracy isn't really good (with 0 char that is), that kind of defeats the purpose of having a pet at low levels. Maybe let it round up to 1 damage?
Because it's really annoying when this happens: 0 - miss - 0.

*generally* it'll do some damage every round. It's internal BtH isn't that bad for its level ... letting it round up would overpower it. It's 1 Base, 3 Random ... well, making it 2 Base, 1 Random won't kill anything and will make the chance for it to do at least one damage per hit a lot higher. Still not guaranteed, but higher. Done. ~Aelthai

< Message edited by Aelthai -- 7/10/2009 0:24:12 >
AQ DF  Post #: 158
7/9/2009 14:03:05   
Sicsin

I was training charisma and all his defenses were at 80 O_O. But Endurance wasn't too bad, I just trained that stat a minute ago.

Not a bug. However, we will be looking at him. ~Aelthai

< Message edited by Aelthai -- 7/9/2009 14:21:36 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 159
7/9/2009 14:04:18   
Sicsin

I'm level 10 and that happens still with every enemy I fight, don't worry about it Techno.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 160
7/9/2009 14:04:34   
Technomancer
Legendary AK!!!

@Above: I know which stats I wont be training then.

Edit: @Above: okay, I guess I'll have to wait untill I'm higher leveled to have a 'hard hitting pet', thanks for the info.

Or wait until more pets are released .... and there will be more :-) ~Aelthai

< Message edited by Aelthai -- 7/9/2009 14:22:14 >
AQ DF  Post #: 161
7/9/2009 14:05:29   
Sicsin

People are writing here so often it's hard to know who's talking to who ._.
btw, I noticed yet another bug playing a second ago, before and after training battles, your Battlesuit goes back to the default instead of the one you're wearing. I usually wear my Advanced Retro suit.

Not a bug. Your equipment is reset byt he Trainer. ~Aelthai

...why?

To prevent bugs with training interacting with items that change your stats. It used to happen regularly in AQ, now the trainers forcibly deequip you to avoid it. ~Aelthai

< Message edited by Aelthai -- 7/10/2009 0:25:12 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 162
7/9/2009 14:08:11   
Sicsin

@ Techno: You're welcome, what level are you anyway?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 163
7/9/2009 14:08:56   
Technomancer
Legendary AK!!!

That's because it's usually crowded in a bug section of a new game (it's the same with popular threads in GD). You type something to another person, but in the meantime several others snuck in before you posted you answer to a question. You'll get used to it, just pay enough attention to the '@username' or '@above, below,...' things that you see at the start of a reply.

Edit: lol, this just proves my point of the crowded threads. And I'm currently level 5.

Also: Why does the Breezy Beam Lance have three different specials?
As for game balance:
I think this weapon has a severely overpowered special. The 'normal' special has okay damage for it's level: 4 ranged hits (I don't know the damage formula but I think it doesn't go over 20 damage in total). The second special is too powerful: 3 ranged hits (same as the other special) but the fourth magic hit does insane damage: I've hit over 50 damage on a 120% wind elemental modifier of which 43 damage came from the fourth hit. I one hit KO'd a Virin Behemoth, which I think shouldn't be possible with a low level weapon.
I still hit 50 on a 90% elemental modifier. It's destructive on monster who aren't specifically weak to wind, so it's devestating on monster who are. If it activates (and hits), you've pretty much won the battle.

Since almost all the monsters haven't got high magic defense (either ranged or magic is their lowest combat defense) I haven't missed a single time. Seeing that it's special has pretty high chances of activating (that's at least how I've experienced it), a lower level character wouldn't need any other weapon since it even hits high on monsters with 80% to wind. You would only need a other element weapon for a monster with less than say 60% to wind.
I realise that it also has a special that damages you instead of the opponent, but the damage isn't really high and above all: it can be blocked with ease. I have 15 Dex and at the moment I block 3 out of 4 'self damaging specials'. I'm a bit concerned that this will defeat the whole purpose of a sweep incorporated in the game from the beginning (as stated somewhere by the staff: 'now we can work on balance right from the start of the game', or something like that) since the breezy beam lance is a weapon, altough from a low level, that serves you very good even at a higher level.

Edit: after I typed this, the self damaging special started to appear more and I block 1 out of 2 at the moment. I still believe it's overpowered though.

It's a 33% chance of each special (when a special occurs), and the self-hit one is supposed to pay for the big damage one - I'll have to check the numbers. As for blocking it ... it's plausible to argue that it needs different BtH, I'll check. ~Aelthai

< Message edited by Aelthai -- 7/9/2009 15:56:29 >
AQ DF  Post #: 164
7/9/2009 15:37:36   
Technomancer
Legendary AK!!!

Finally got some proof regarding the Breezy Beam Lance: I have 0 Int (so no boost to Magic attacks), The undead Sawbot has a 75% el. res. to wind, yet I still hit him for 29 magic damage. Overpowered or not? (Sorry for the low quality, I had to be fast)

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/2954/breezybeamlance.png

The Special doesn't take stat bonuses, so your INT dosen't matter for that weapon. That may be in the legitimate range or it mat not - I'll have to check. ~Aelthai

I just find it to be way better than any other weapons special of the same level that I've seen. For me it outclasses all other weapons, I still use it at level 8 while it's a (not to sure) lv2 weapon.

And as an answer to the 'no head' issue: I've tried every single possibility to make the bug happen again (I fought about every monster, with or without guest/pets, used/didn't use techs/gauntlet attacks,...) but I haven't seen it again. So I'm still not sure what causes your head to dissapear, altough I'm sure it doesn't happen at random. For now I'm clueless but I'll let you know if I find anything.

33% of the time it specials, it should be stellar ... 33% normal ... and 33% really sucky. Soukds like it may or may not be hitting that. ~Aelthai

< Message edited by Aelthai -- 7/9/2009 18:11:34 >
AQ DF  Post #: 165
7/9/2009 16:45:04   
Sicsin

is it possible to purchase the weapons from the starting mission afterward or do you have to wait for the full release?

Go to Queen Pra'mithia and ask her about the WarpForce Saga. ~Aelthai

< Message edited by Aelthai -- 7/9/2009 18:12:08 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 166
7/9/2009 17:56:01   
vegerot21

I'm a level 10 human warp tracker! And I heard that when you click on the weapons it transforms but when i click on ANY of my weapons it doesn't work on ANY of them!!!!!!!!!!!

It happens on the Beam Sword, that's it. ~Aelthai

< Message edited by Aelthai -- 7/9/2009 18:12:39 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 167
7/9/2009 18:07:56   
Ilø€IMPERIAL€ølI

poisonvenomskull: If you mean the launch shop then yes, just replay/redo the WarpForce Saga.
Talk to Queen Pra'Maithia in the Bridge (top floor of the LSS Atleon).

~Emp
Post #: 168
7/9/2009 18:27:38   
vegerot21

quote:

I'm a level 10 human warp tracker! And I heard that when you click on the weapons it transforms but when i click on ANY of my weapons it doesn't work on ANY of them!!!!!!!!!!!

It happens on the Beam Sword, that's it. ~Aelthai

Where do you get that?!?!?!?!!
You obtain it at the starter shop ~Aelthai

< Message edited by vegerot21 -- 7/12/2009 10:46:17 >

[link=http://www.aqstats.com/charinfo.php?id=3966192][image]http://sig.aqstats.com/font:red;line:bl
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 169
7/9/2009 18:44:02   
Taj85

Character Info:
Char ID (optional)
Char Name (optional)
Level: 6

Weapon:damaged rocket launcher
Gauntlet:basic lightning gauntlet
Battlesuit: warptracker gunner
Pet:glador
Item: none

Bug Info:
What were you fighting?: tronzor trainer
Quest or Location? training

Details It will never save my stats after i beat him
Before Bug occurred: logged in
During Bug: it told me to close my browser, it didn't work
After bug/game crash: i had to refresh the page i think

Did the game kick you out? N/A
What was the error message/code? N/A

Screenshot link: N/A
Did you try clearing your cache? Before or after the bug happened?: Yes
Did the bug happen again?: yes

Technical Info:
Graphics quality setting:all, graphics adjust
Browser type and version: firefox 3.5
Operating System: mac osx lepard
Flash version: 10.0.22.87

What error do you get? If your connection goes down, it won't be able to save. ~Aelthai

< Message edited by Aelthai -- 7/11/2009 19:51:16 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 170
7/9/2009 18:46:11   
Taj85

Character Info:
Char ID (optional)
Char Name (optional)
Level: 6

Weapon:damaged rocket launcher
Gauntlet:basic lightning gauntlet
Battlesuit: warptracker gunner
Pet:glador
Item: none

Bug Info:
What were you fighting?: random monsters
Quest or Location?random battle
Details i frequintly get the blue scroll of death after battles after waiting a long time 10- 60 mins
Before Bug occurred: logged in
During Bug: it just says loading
After bug/game crash: it continued normally

Did the game kick you out? N/A
What was the error message/code? N/A

Screenshot link: N/A
Did you try clearing your cache? Before or after the bug happened?: Yes
Did the bug happen again?: yes

Technical Info:
Graphics quality setting:all, graphics adjust
Browser type and version: firefox 3.5
Operating System: mac osx lepard
Flash version: 10.0.22.87

Blue scroll of Doom means that you are losing your connection to the server. It seems to be up and running just fine, so .... are you still having issues? ~Aelthai

I'm away from the computer i reported the error on, so i can't check untill i get back (3 weeks)

*nods* Are you having issues on the computer you are at? If you do have issues when you get back, it is *probably* your network connection :-\ ~Aelthai

< Message edited by Aelthai -- 7/13/2009 16:36:58 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 171
7/10/2009 9:08:50   
Issa

The IMP spell deals ranged damage, which makes Tronzor virtually unstoppable when intellect training?

We're going to be looking at Tronzor. ~Aelthai

< Message edited by Aelthai -- 7/11/2009 19:52:25 >
DF  Post #: 172
7/10/2009 16:01:08   
MageDan123

When you enter a battle, it will sometimes strip you down to your starting equipment, rather than the equipment you had on previously.

Also, a few times when it strips you down as a gunner, you are wearing strikers uniform.

The times I can think of when this should happen are:
*Buying or selling something in a shop
*Fighting (Before or after) Tronzor
Is it happening at other places? Which one is stripping you to Striker instead of Gunner? ~Aelthai

< Message edited by Aelthai -- 7/11/2009 19:53:39 >
AQ  Post #: 173
7/13/2009 12:18:22   
Sicsin

whenever enemy stats are nerfed, they're skills go down (like they should) but so do they're resistances to certain elements, making them MORE resistant to that element. Those numbers should go up.

...there isn't anything that nerfs in WarpForce yet.
With that said, are you talking about the Moglo-Habilis in AQ? That's how it's supposed to work, it's supposed to balance itself out ... as I recall, it is not as useful as it probably should be. ~Aelthai

hehe, you're right, I knew something did that but I play warpforce so often I thought it happened there. (even though I myself couldn't remember what I did to nerf in it. I now see why.) But yes, it was my Moglo-Habilis, Moglomew.

< Message edited by poisonvenomskull -- 7/14/2009 20:07:34 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 174
7/13/2009 18:40:18   
danneownz

Drakel gunner here,

I've got 5 dexterity and it tells me that I need 29 SP to use my Gauntlet, but using the Gauntlet drains 30 SP!

This is with no Gauntlet equipped? My memory tells me that it's 29 with no Gauntlet equipped in a Level 0 armor (striker/gunner/explorer) but 30 with the Level 1 Lightning Gauntlet. Is that not what you are seeing? ~Aelthai

< Message edited by Aelthai -- 7/14/2009 13:52:20 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce Bugs >> RE: =WF= Combat Bugs
Page 7 of 17«<56789>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition