Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: What character race in WarpForce is the most popular choice?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: What character race in WarpForce is the most popular choice?
Page 6 of 8«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/3/2009 15:18:48   
Manga Maniac

I didn't think they would be like the starting classes, and I thought elves would be magical.
Post #: 126
8/3/2009 16:45:14   
mluther

they can be if you want them to be (well, once magical things come out)
AQ MQ  Post #: 127
8/3/2009 17:41:58   
Quick Taco

I upgraded my Drakel character before I found out the Elves have that awesome visor look. Will a race change ever be implemented?

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 128
8/3/2009 17:50:08   
mluther

only the staff can know (and they might even not know)
AQ MQ  Post #: 129
8/3/2009 17:57:52   
Quick Taco

Oh. Well, at least I chose a WarpForce original.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 130
8/4/2009 23:08:37   
BlueGuardian

Elf: chosen with the idea of being more eagle-eyed and dexterous so perfect as a gunner/sharp-shooter. Also, was looking more for the otherworldly, pointed ear thing (RPing as a different race entirely...)

I'm sure I'll have a Drakel character eventually. As for human... I play one in real life and other RPG's that don't allow different races so not too interested right now.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 131
8/5/2009 19:35:56   
ShadowSpawn

It has been a VERY long time since I played AE games...
And after a few month or almost half a year hiatus, we have a new one? (And a very more heavily story based one too, I think.)

I'm surprised though that Elves aren't more popular than humans... Cos cmon, this is the only AE game where you can be an elfor an Drakel, I thought less than 10% would be humans anymore. XD

And yes, of course I picked Drakel, why do you ask? They look awesome!
Post #: 132
8/6/2009 15:10:55   
Gecko King

No wonder drakels are the most common, Tails and Scales FTW! We even have
glowsticks for horns!
And as for Elves, i'm suprised their not that common. Their like
upgraded humans. Oh well. *shrugs*

What he said.
AQ AQW  Post #: 133
8/6/2009 15:40:44   
mluther

If only my drakelbane could carry over.
AQ MQ  Post #: 134
8/6/2009 16:02:43   
Savior Sword

Personally i prefer being a human, but drakels probaly fit in better for the WF scene. As the time goes by drakels have been getting smarter and even stronger, so i can only guess why they are getting more popular.
AQW  Post #: 135
8/6/2009 20:07:41   
LordGeneral

Lol I have two elves. I just like them for some reason. I'm a little surprised that elves are so rare actually. I made a soon to be lvl 20 WG gunner the other day. She's a hybrid gun/tech user.

< Message edited by LordGeneral -- 8/6/2009 20:08:02 >

LordGeneral
AQ  Post #: 136
8/7/2009 0:07:24   
ShadowSpawn

My Drakel reached Lv10 recently. =P
Gonna be like... A Star Knight? (Hybrid melee/tech user. I think skills&techs will later get telekinesis or other stuff too, which fit the "jedi" theme. =P )
Post #: 137
8/7/2009 5:44:23   
D.D.

I was wondering, before I start WarpForce, should I be a striker or gunner?
Post #: 138
8/7/2009 8:31:12   
Nightly

D.D.

This would be better in the =WF= Official Release Q&A Thread

However, I suggest a Striker because of the fact that Melee wapons are affected by stats. Because the Striker will always have more Melee Weapons than the Gunner, it would make more sense to choose that.
Post #: 139
8/7/2009 10:41:23   
ShadowSpawn

Guns actually ARE affected by stats. DEX increases accuracy and so does LUK. LUK in turn increases the chances and damage for Lucky Strikes (or Shots). So gun type weapons may have fixed damage, but that doesn't mean they are ineffective. From the two character classes, Gunners would be more defensive focusing on evading and accuracy than raw damage per turn.
Post #: 140
8/7/2009 10:53:40   
Nightly

ShadowSpawn

I was speaking in terms of constant damage.
Post #: 141
8/7/2009 14:03:28   
LordGeneral

Gunner's aren't as weak as you'd think. Guns not being affected damage-wise by stats (apart from high Luck) is actually a blessing. Without the STR stat to train, gunners have the option of going hybrid and being rather strong. And in the future I suspect guns will have a higher base damage than "sticks".

As for me I'm an "engineer" using guns and techs. My gunner is far from "weak". I can take out the level 20 Undead Sawbot in the Alteon in 3 turns. I'm not worried about gunners being inferior to strikers in any way.

I also have a level 20 WG pure Striker and right now my gunner does a bit more damage per turn with techs.

LordGeneral
AQ  Post #: 142
8/7/2009 15:22:52   
Nightly

LordGeneral

Well then, look at it this way, Strikers are the strongest when using their base weapons. If both builds are Pure, then the Strikers are the best. At the moment, there is barely any Skills and Techs, and pets. For pets you don't need to train Charisma, and for Skills and Techs, you don't need to train your Intellect that much. Also, if you plan on training your Intellect, Tronzor is rather strong against that and it's harder to train Intellect in Warpforce than it is in AdventureQuest.

Finally, Strikers can follow the option of being a hybrid as well, and they will be stronger there as well. If two characters went hybrid that were different builds, the Striker would win out because he would have more Sticks over the Gunner. Also, there aren't that many Defensive armors out at the moment so that isn't much of a plus.
Post #: 143
8/7/2009 16:21:53   
ShadowSpawn

Actually it's rather easy to train INT. If you get some DEX training first.

And if you upgraded to WG, you will have 1000 Z-Tokens which is enough to get the Expanding IMP Tech. And its a very MP effecient Tech too. Great MP/Damage ratio and fairly accurate.

< Message edited by ShadowSpawn -- 8/7/2009 16:37:55 >
Post #: 144
8/7/2009 16:33:02   
Nightly

ShadowSpawn

Try doing that when your a Non-Guardian. With the spells severly limited, and only having 50 Stat Points, it's quite hard.
Post #: 145
8/7/2009 18:34:03   
D.D.

I might actually upgrade my WarpForce soon.
Post #: 146
8/8/2009 13:02:21   
saberbreaker

im not surrprised drakels look pure ownage
MQ  Post #: 147
8/9/2009 17:31:05   
Kaelin

I've got a drakel and a human myself.
AQ  Post #: 148
8/9/2009 17:58:50   
Orion Danko1

Dont forget we are humans and sometime in the future the adventures of orion (http://guardian.battleon.com/Build30/charviewWF.asp?temp=63240658) could exist sometime
I live in hope!!

An infinate amount of monkeys typing on an infinate amount of typewriters will produce the works of shakespear.

Today's scientists have FAR too much free time.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 149
8/9/2009 18:18:43   
Icy
Gone with the wind

4 Humans and 1 elf.
Never liked the Drakels too much. :P
MQ  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: What character race in WarpForce is the most popular choice?
Page 6 of 8«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition