Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Turning the Tides of War - .::Comments!::.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> Turning the Tides of War - .::Comments!::.
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/3/2010 13:15:05   
superjars

Here is the comments section for my Book of War Epic Poem, currently being written here. Please make any comments or criticism that you may have.

This will be written in a style similar to the Iliad or the Odyssey, detailing the War of The Great Cataclysm, a small part of one of my narratives.

< Message edited by superjars -- 5/17/2010 16:16:55 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
5/3/2010 13:24:59   
Postmaster General

I have a certain soft spot for epic poems and fell in love with the Iliad. I will definately be keeping a close eye on this story.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
5/3/2010 15:09:09   
superjars

Another section of the poem is up for your criticism. :D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
5/13/2010 19:17:29   
Postmaster General

A few things I would suggest for format would be to keep the disclaimer above your poem in the C&C thread. I feel it takes away from your poem, which is very good. Also, I would consider centering your poem, and maybe even Italics, as it adds a more legitimate element to your poem, although these are just personal preferences.

As for actual C&C:

quote:

The betrayal of the great knight Balmath was

Balmath should be set off in commas, it does not add syllable, but would still follow conventions of writing. So, one comma before 'Balmath', and one after.

quote:

from the noble man who was champion for good to
fury incarnate, the loyal servant to the Great Cataclysm.

Another example of being set off in commas, here you set off fury incarnates second reference ,'the loyal servant to the Great Cataclysm.' So I would say to put a comma after 'man' and one after 'good'

quote:

still the booze

I feel like 'booze' wouldn't be the best description of alcohol to fith the epic poem style. Perhaps something like 'ale', 'liquor', or 'meade'.

Other than these small points, this is a very good start. I really like it and can't wait for more!

*Looks at calendar* You better get started! You're running out of time!

Good luck!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
5/14/2010 17:47:14   
superjars

Another section of the poem, this one introducing a new character... :D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
5/17/2010 16:18:23   
superjars

Final update: I finally finished my war epic poem, gave it a name and broke it into sections. Let me know if you can any way I can improve on it at all!

< Message edited by superjars -- 5/17/2010 16:25:01 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> Turning the Tides of War - .::Comments!::.
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition