Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Mordred's Vengeance Comments and Criticism

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: Mordred's Vengeance Comments and Criticism
Page 5 of 17«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/12/2011 20:55:22   
Mordred

quote:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm muy interesante, that's very intresting, perphas you should add some chaos gods, could base them on warhammer chaos gods, ya know khorne (god of slughter, blood orgies, etc), Tzeench( god of knowledge and change), Nurgle(god of disease and death, *cough* dude in the siggy is follower *cough), Slaanesh (god of pleasure, luxury/lust), what do you think of my idea

I've already made clear that the god of chaos, Chaos, is involved deeply with Mordred's intentions. The ultimate goal is to face Chaos and slay him so that there will be true Order and Balance in the multiverse. However, in order to meet Chaos...
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 101
4/12/2011 20:57:27   
Glais

I think he meant either add references to the Chaos gods of WH40K or blatant rippoffs of them, his wording was kinda odd so I couldn't tell.

Face Chaos to make Order eh? Quite interesting, raises some questions but those can wait.
DF MQ  Post #: 102
4/12/2011 20:59:43   
Mordred

Nah, I'm 100% game for any questions. Ask away!

Yeah, I'll make no references/blatant ripoffs of other gods, especially from a game I don't play.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 103
4/12/2011 21:03:55   
Glais

Ok, well basically the ShadowScythe are a blatantly evil organization, while you've told me several times Mordred is evil only depending on perception. Bringing the universe could be seen as something good, domineering but still seen as good due to him eliminating problems. So the question to me is why are the ShadowScythe evil if their leader is at least not pure evil?
DF MQ  Post #: 104
4/12/2011 21:05:57   
Mordred

Well... That's an interesting question I've had to grapple with myself. All I have to say is that you're proof that Mordred's deceptive tactics are working.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 105
4/13/2011 2:36:00   
nield
Creative!

Mordred's not exactly evil. He is, however a particular brand of insane that most people find indistinguishable from evil.

A few things I've written. I may even write some more... one day...

Just a random Niqxzlqotl, doing Niqxzlqotl things.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 106
4/13/2011 9:00:16   
Mordred

Insane? No doubt. He has a split personality that hasn't shown for millennia upon millennia upon millennia(upon millennia upon millennia upon millennia), and is only recently come to light. Why? All shall be explained in due time.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 107
4/13/2011 9:28:38   
nield
Creative!

I'd expect nothing less. In as ambiguous a manner as possible, naturally.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 108
4/19/2011 13:47:27   
Mordred

Working on the next installment now. Enduras vs. Sychor is guaranteed, and maybe even Enduras vs. Stylix will be fit in.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 109
4/27/2011 18:34:04   
Mordred

Updated! Can anyone say Falcoooooon PAWNCH!!!? :P
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 110
4/27/2011 21:49:31   
Mritha
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Ahh the battle scene was well written. I loved how you tied in the hammer and Imaru's new gunblade in there :)
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 111
4/28/2011 1:16:13   
Mordred

I tried. You're going to love the true battles though. When I see the final confrontation(s), they look cinematic in my head, and I'll certainly try to capture my vision in words. And yeah, I figured the hammer would get the job done most effectively, and I REALLY liked the gunblade.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 112
4/28/2011 2:43:22   
nield
Creative!

Truly I was expecting hammer-to-face to finish him off, but that's just me. If there were any typos in there, I was too tired to find them!

I really like how this is shaping up, really. Also I'm nicking tiny itty bitty details which get transformed, like I do with most stories I read. But I dare you to try and find them! At least, in some of the later chapters when I bring things to a head. But this is about your story, not mine! So I'll stop rambling. Now.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 113
4/28/2011 14:17:56   
Glais

Read a bit more, nearing the halfway point. I really dislike Enduras, such an annoying character...and still can't get over Mordred being the Master but you already knew that.

But uh...why would you name his dragon Akriloroth? It's so close, kinda causes easy confusion.

quote:

What's anticlimactic about having the body of an elf with all the powers of a god?

And AH! I found my answer for this, the body of an elf part.

< Message edited by glaisaurus_x -- 4/28/2011 14:19:07 >
DF MQ  Post #: 114
4/28/2011 16:58:51   
Mordred

Yeah, I don't like Enduras very much either. I'm thinking it's because I haven't yet given him a reason to fight the ShadowScythe, and that will change soon.

Heh, I based that on me mispelling Akriloth's name for three years before realizing his name was Akriloth, not Akriloroth. I sometimes suffer from dyslexia-like symptoms. :P

Well, he's actually not an elf anymore...
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 115
4/28/2011 17:00:50   
Glais

Oh ok then Akriloroth's hilarious now...

Well, I'm only about halfway through so I haven't seen the not-elf-ness. I kinda hope Enduras like....dies though, he's kind of a lame protagonist, the boring cocky type...
DF MQ  Post #: 116
4/28/2011 17:04:51   
Mordred

XD

Ah, the not-elf-ness will be revealed in due time. And don't worry about Enduras, because Imma slam him into a moral wall and he will walk out differently. And boring and cocky? Couldn't the DF hero be described as that in most cases(although, the DF hero's funnier. I need moar funneh in here)?

< Message edited by Mordred -- 4/28/2011 17:05:07 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 117
4/28/2011 17:13:02   
Glais

The DF Hero's also stupid which balances it out. Enduras is basically "I never lose, so I won't lose etc."
I guess the DF one also doesn't affect me as much since I tend to assert whatever character's personality into their actions as I'm playing....which is kinda weird actually...
DF MQ  Post #: 118
4/28/2011 17:15:20   
Mordred

That'll change REAL soon. Enduras does NOT have MCPs(Main character Powers). I've only deluded him into thinking so to make it all the more sweet when he realizes how wrong he is.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 119
4/28/2011 17:25:11   
Glais

I can't wait to see that happen...I don't know why, I've barely even seen him I just REALLY hate Enduras...
EDIT:GAH, I'm not even close to halfway through...

Reading the segment about the past (the best part in my opinion) I noticed something.

quote:

that the stone was really crystallized dragon breath,

I think this sort of...should not be, as it almost makes no sense. Dragons produce a substance that can control them? Just using CDB for that seems off....it was better as a vague red gem. CDB's more Orange anyways.

Alright, read a good amount, 6 more sections to go, less than half.

Heh, To Punish and Enslave, Barricade....

< Message edited by glaisaurus_x -- 4/28/2011 18:50:13 >
DF MQ  Post #: 120
4/29/2011 19:27:32   
Mordred

I've thought long and hard on that. And I'll probably have a dissertation written by either Mordred or one of his fellow elders on the nature of the Amulets.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 121
4/30/2011 23:49:11   
Glais

Since they randomly discovered them, or the gem, in the ground it almost doesn't seem to make sense that even they'd know about it. I say the best way is to leave it as a vague and mysterious gem.

quote:

Mordred, knowing dragons could wreak havoc on any army, entered its defenseless mind and uttered a word of death, killing the creature.

Bleh, too Eragon with the whole stupid mind fighting in my opinion.

< Message edited by glaisaurus_x -- 5/8/2011 21:50:00 >
DF MQ  Post #: 122
5/28/2011 2:19:55   
Mordred

I hope to release the next installment(Enduras vs. Stylix) in the near future. Fight scenes are hard to write.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 123
6/16/2011 4:36:14   
Glais

How'd I miss this...

Well, I'm still a bit behind but a fight with Enduras? GO STYLIX! I don't even know who he is yet...
DF MQ  Post #: 124
6/16/2011 5:49:12   
Mordred

Stylix is the Second ShadowScythe Lord, and Third in command(Sepulchure, while much younger[hence him being the Thirteenth], supersedes Stylix to be Mordred's right hand DoomLord).
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: Mordred's Vengeance Comments and Criticism
Page 5 of 17«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition