Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: MQ's Low Popularity

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: MQ's Low Popularity
Page 10 of 21«<89101112>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/9/2010 17:02:28   
Glais

quote:

and the Vladic Knight requires defeat of the enemy, and, IIRC, Piotr.

Err no, I beat the elevator without facing one and still haven't beaten Piotr but the shop is unlocked.
DF MQ  Post #: 226
7/9/2010 17:13:13   
Guardian Patrick

Not a lot of girlss are into mechs :S

Nulgath: center right center right right left left
Swindle: center right center right left right
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 227
7/10/2010 7:04:06   
erald06

I like MQ less and less everytime they come out with new release. Reason? Repetitive gameplay or format. It is either rolls or kill-how-many-mechs-in-order-to-proceed. It gets old,really. The only thing I look forward is new mechs but in the end they are far too expensive for me to buy because I barely play the game. Parts like the Dojo and killing god knows how many minions to unlock the bosses are just plain 'ugh'. Rolls makes me go 'ARGH!!!!'. I love mechs and always am excited when I get to play with a new toy but I am just not THAT excited to use my new mechs to go on the same ol'repetitive missions to proceed. Now,the vampire planet was slightly fun because different places shows different genre of playing but now the Ninja planet is just plain *yawn* coz the same ol' format of quests.
Post #: 228
7/11/2010 18:01:58   
skadidlybop

Swap the ballyhoo vids in dragonfable and Mechquest. WHY do we advertise a game we are already playing is beyond my me.

regards, Uncle Dolan
MQ  Post #: 229
7/12/2010 17:58:01   
kumano

well ive read almost all the pages, now i think i can give my opinion, you know almost two years ago i had a difficult choice upgrade DF or MQ i mean Df has dragons! and i wanted o make my own dragon and blow stuff you know but i choose to upgrade MQ and now im a little bit dissapointed as someone else said before its good that not all the content is made for SC but man there is anything! except for the Sc mechas or a few quest once everey two hundred years,

I want to customize my ship, i want my crew, i want the vehicles they promise us when the game started.

i know its a lot of work but cmon how old is this game? two three years? in all this time ive seen the same things over and over and i want something new

i mean instead of all holiday events they could use that time to improve the game, a poll could be made for that

i love Mechas i love ships and big booms and i know that MQ could be a better game i just hope it doesnt have to pass another 3 years for that

DF MQ  Post #: 230
7/12/2010 18:12:47   
Pyronix15

Its true SC's don't really get anything besides free starship rides and a few extra stat points.

Of course now we have sc monthlies.
AQ MQ  Post #: 231
7/12/2010 20:41:32   
Griffin the awesome

quote:

Its true SC's don't really get anything besides free starship rides and a few extra stat points.

Of course now we have sc monthlies.

They also get awesome mechs and weps.
MQ  Post #: 232
7/12/2010 20:46:39   
Pyronix15

^^IMO, I get allot better weapon and exclusive mech series with NG's.
AQ MQ  Post #: 233
7/12/2010 20:49:16   
shadow dragon666

The biggest thing that irks me from really jumping into MQ.

Is simply that each fight takes a lot more then it might seem.

And when your running 20+ Fights per quest it gets old FAST.

The vampire planet I don't know how many times I just got up and left because it was just so dull.

You HAD to use that one mech to beat most of them and then it was 20 fights per thing each fight lasting 5-10+ Min depending on muti-tasking and other things.

Basically over all the fights are a lot longer and there is A LOT OF THEM.

That and the story seems scattered so much it's hard to jump into it like DF's is.

DF it's pretty easy to go anywhere and pick up a general basis for things, MQ not so much really.

If they did a system where you had to go planet to planet each one unlocking after the next it could help but idk might make it worse could do it as a suggested you follow.

Another thing is the lack of seemingly...Cannon Story Content.

Cannon Being the Shadow Scythe and dealing with them, it pops up here and there on each planet but over all is very slim.

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 234
7/12/2010 20:56:18   
Pyronix15

^^I just got into DF, and the orb sagas play out almost exactly like the mq planets.

The battles are a abit longer, but once you get the ball rolling you'll mostly kill everything in 3 hits. I'll agree that battles are both longer and harder than DF, but that's to be expected, considering every fight is a titan fight here, XD

The difficulty is something I've grown to like however, as I find thing's way to easy in DF.
AQ MQ  Post #: 235
7/12/2010 21:14:11   
shadow dragon666

I Don't see a level of difficulty being different between the two.

The difference is MQ takes about 4+ min more per fight compare to DF.

While the planets do kinda play out that way the Orb Saga for most draws them into it more as the bad guys appear a lot more then they do here.

Add on people seem to like the DF Characters more or at least their forms in that anyway.

What ever small differences it is people seem to attach more to DF then they do to this, I think it might spark some interest if Dragonoids actually APPEARED in the DRAGONOID Saga.

Or at least have more Shadow Scythe involvement with things.

Take the Wind Orb It's a good chunk of you Chasing Down and battling Drakath one of the main baddies.

Or Xan everyone seems to love him despite his evil nature he is a likable and fun to see in game character.

It also could be a lack of Dialogue really as well, in DF you get a feel for a character because you interact with them a lot more then most of the evil people here.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 236
7/13/2010 0:30:08   
ajhm7

I havn't played this since the artbook came out my 2 main reasons for getting was learning how to draw AWWWWWWESOME and getting the SC mecha. i thought that would get back into the game. But there was a war and u had to roll to get the things and it was so nuts and long i gave up so thats how i see it i played the beta and that was the most intresting for me because it was just simple. I can't make any sense of what goes on so i just kinda gave up.

EMBRACE THE POWER

OF RELIGION!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 237
7/13/2010 0:45:38   
Jalex da Best

I love MQ! that being said I have some ideas on how it could be improvwed. I think It would help if we some more cutscenes. In DF, AQ, and AQW, nearly every quest comes with a cutscene of some sort that either has storyline info, quest info, or good ol' AE humor. In MQ the cutscenes are epic but sadly lacking in number. Most quests have NPCs that you can talk to that then send you on a quest to beat up some mechs. It would be nice to get more cutscenes as this wold allow for a little more story progression, humor, and feelings of accomplishment per quest. Also I think it would be a good idea to have more walk-around quests for some of the tedious areas. For exaple: on Yokai people have been complaining about having to fight about 10 apprentices before they reach the boss. This was done in a lot of Necryptos which has been one of my favorite planets yet (Yokai's monsters are spectaacular, but as others have said it can become tedious although I love the new minigame!!). I think people might find it slightly more satisfying if you could see your mecha moving past some backround after defeating each foe. It wouldn't be huge, but it would give a feeling that with each mecha you smash, your getting somewhere. Instead of standing at the same exact spot you were being asked by an NPC to go off and fight sometrhing else. Both of these suggestions are things I noticed DF uses, but that MQ lacks. I don't want to turn MQ into DF but I do believe both of these changes may help people feel satisfied while playing the game.
Long unlive the shadowscythe!

< Message edited by Jalex da Best -- 7/13/2010 0:48:58 >

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
AQ  Post #: 238
7/13/2010 6:45:11   
Glais

I like those Jalex, you have agreat point with the lack of cutscenes.
I think MQ's also lacking awesome NPCs, not that these aren't cool, but when't the last time we had a truly AWESOME guy? It was probably J6 or Valoth. We haven't had say...a ShadowScythe general besides Medeia(spelling?) who's an actual character.
DF MQ  Post #: 239
7/13/2010 7:53:15   
Pyronix15

quote:

I Don't see a level of difficulty being different between the two.

The difference is MQ takes about 4+ min more per fight compare to DF.

While the planets do kinda play out that way the Orb Saga for most draws them into it more as the bad guys appear a lot more then they do here.

Add on people seem to like the DF Characters more or at least their forms in that anyway.

What ever small differences it is people seem to attach more to DF then they do to this, I think it might spark some interest if Dragonoids actually APPEARED in the DRAGONOID Saga.

Or at least have more Shadow Scythe involvement with things.

Take the Wind Orb It's a good chunk of you Chasing Down and battling Drakath one of the main baddies.

Or Xan everyone seems to love him despite his evil nature he is a likable and fun to see in game character.

It also could be a lack of Dialogue really as well, in DF you get a feel for a character because you interact with them a lot more then most of the evil people here.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head with the NPC comment.

Anyway, I feel allot of the newer planets like lagos and yokia provide much more of a challenge as its just about impossible to beat them with an all default's mech. Story wise, it is very lacking. But game play wise, I think were pretty good on that.
AQ MQ  Post #: 240
7/13/2010 8:58:39   
emethyst

I don't feel as attached to MQ as I do in DF. In DF my character cracks lame jokes and puns and does stupid things; here my character doesn't talk much. Even the facial expressions are same-y all the time. I don't know how to describe it, but it feels cold and boring with my MQ character. (or is that the point?)
DF MQ  Post #: 241
7/13/2010 14:51:47   
davin123321

<Checks MQ page: Level 39>

I might be low level, but I for one actually play MQ, I'm actually up to date with all the quests and stuff...as for AQ, I'm probably about a month behind with releases, and DF...4-5 months...I don't play DF a lot now ><
AQ MQ  Post #: 242
7/14/2010 2:19:02   
Gold

quote:

And when your running 20+ Fights per quest it gets old FAST.

The vampire planet I don't know how many times I just got up and left because it was just so dull.

You HAD to use that one mech to beat most of them and then it was 20 fights per thing each fight lasting 5-10+ Min depending on muti-tasking and other things.

Basically over all the fights are a lot longer and there is A LOT OF THEM.

20 Fights? Try 100 before going to Maria 13.

That was even more dull because there were only three enemies (so there was no variety among the 100 fights) and no hard fights at all until Maria 13 herself; and she's pretty similar to the other enemies you fought earlier.

Necryptos was somewhat different. There were various minigames, a few walkarounds with your own character, and actual puzzles to solve. Westion? Nothing. It's all walkaround in your mecha, fight various other mechas that are the exact same each time. Then there's the part with the 100 elevator fights. And then the Bug/Fire war came, and there were only four monsters there (excluding the coloured versions of the bugs, which were practically the same).

Come to think of it, the V-Hunters aren't that bad. At least you could customize them :P But how do fights last 5-10 mins? It's more like 1 minute each if you know what you're doing. That's not very long. Again, if you're complaining about that, you clearly haven't done the Westion chain.

< Message edited by gold -- 7/14/2010 2:25:47 >

I am Gold, for I am many.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 243
7/14/2010 3:12:56   
shadow dragon666

gold: Between animations and such it takes a lot more then 1 minute if you're doing it in 1 min then you have some EXTREMELY over powered mech or you have something with little time used for attacks.

And yes the vampire mechs take quite a bit to deal with oh you can customize it yea with more vamp gear meaning more farming.

Not exactly what I like doing I don't like farming.

Also I've done every planet to the fullest.

Point still stands longer fights, FAR less interaction with people, Little Dialogue, Little actual movement of stuff it's just one after another after another and it seems like it's for ever because of it.

And just other small things really.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 244
7/14/2010 3:30:53   
Gold

quote:

gold: Between animations and such it takes a lot more then 1 minute if you're doing it in 1 min then you have some EXTREMELY over powered mech or you have something with little time used for attacks.

V-Hunters don't have long animations, and neither do any of the monsters.

And for the non-vampire stuff, I have Lucky Bladestorm v38. I can get unlucky with it and fights still don't last as long as 5 minutes and the animations for the lasers can be a bit long, especially if you're using a laggy computer.

< Message edited by gold -- 7/14/2010 3:33:02 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 245
7/14/2010 9:00:27   
Pyronix15

I can see what she means by fights take a long time, in df I can one shot most enemies in less than 30 seconds.

IN mq if I'm really lucky I can get 3 turn kills and finish fights in about 1.5 minutes.
AQ MQ  Post #: 246
7/14/2010 14:06:34   
Diark

Update:

Secondary Problems:

-Lack of NPC Characterization

-Lack of Cutscenes.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 247
7/14/2010 15:10:43   
Soundblast

Less rares
almost every time i look in the encylopeida, the mech or wep i see is rare...
MQ  Post #: 248
9/24/2010 17:00:54   
Hellsoarer

@Pyronix15 So you want it to be a game where you click one button and win? It shouldn't be that easy...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 249
9/24/2010 17:05:17   
krusher64n

@Soundblast: I sorta agree. MQ has a lot more rares, and a lot less normal equipment than (as an example, dragonfable).
In Dragonfable, every quest drops items, and occasionally shops open that sell items. On holidays, wars, and special occasions, rare events/shops open.
In Mechquest, some quests open shops to sell items, and rare shops open.

The problem is that in MQ, a there are much more rares compared to non-rares than DF, AQ, etc.
DF MQ  Post #: 250
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: MQ's Low Popularity
Page 10 of 21«<89101112>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition