Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Mages are UPed they need a buff.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Mages are UPed they need a buff.
Page 1 of 512345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/29/2011 12:07:19   
IsaiahtheMage

Ok so we all agree on this right?Mages need a buff they are losing to much to Mercs and BH.
Please discuss about what buffs they should get.I think Plasma Blot should penetrate 20% reistence and Ovelord should have a 40% chance to stun and ther multi ignores 7.5% resistence and Assimilation should be unblockable take 20 energy at lvl ten and add 20 energy directly to your own and ignore 5% resistence how does that sound?This way Mages can have a chance again.

EDIT:Make Assimliation have a 2 turn warm up and then 3 turn cool down.Taht way this make the MAges better and the game more balanced.

Let's just use in one area instead A Comprehensive Balance Discussion to discuss for balancing. Thanks. :) ~AVA

< Message edited by AVA -- 2/6/2011 8:24:17 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
1/29/2011 12:21:53   
BlueKatz

I think Tech base skill should be counter, mean they should have extra Crit
Mean while Overload should ignore Resistant

This way we can pull Mage out of Defensive mode
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 2
1/29/2011 12:24:08   
pokepwner

What you re asking for is to ignore all reason and make mages OP, true mercs are op in most ways but not invincible.First, one of mages attacks should be able to hit through resistance but it damage has to be lowered so it can be raised with tech.Second giving overload a bases stun of 40 makes it WAAAAY OP that the same as Stun grenade+max SH or a max maul for mercs.Next making assimilation unblockable and and having it regen 20 ep is very op seeing as it can't be block and it has no warm up and it give energy to the user.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
1/29/2011 12:24:14   
goldslayer1

mages were badly nerfed. but they aren't completely UP.
so no i dont agree
they still have a few OP skills also.

it should infact have some defense ignoreing. and reroute should be on no cooldown. and yeah assimilation is just way too low
all the other classes can take away like 30-70 energy if they wanted to and they aren't even caster types.
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
1/29/2011 12:30:25   
IsaiahtheMage

@Pokepwner No I dont want Mages OPed I want them to have a chance.Why should they get a 30% chance to stun while Mercs and Bounties have a 40% chance(Yes they do with Stun Grenade plus SA)?Why thats unfair so YES they need that and YES Plasma should ignore some resistence you want the Mages to stay underpowered thats way it seems to me.I mean mercs have so many better skills so Mages need some to and sicne Bounties may complain why tech mages get a buff and they dont give them back the deflect on SA on make poison take 13 dmg at lvl 10 that we can all be happy.
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
1/29/2011 12:35:23   
Calogero

just wait, ones almost everyone has defected from Mage to BH/Merc then Mages will get a buff ;)
they do need to earn money

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
1/29/2011 12:36:06   
goldslayer1

isaiah ur forgetting that for mercs the more stun chance the more energy we have to use. for BH its a single set of energy requirement (unless u put more points on it for more damage) so if we want decent stuns we have to spend more skill points and more energy. while BH only need to upgrade a passive that also helps them BLOCK, and BH stun attack is unblockedable while merc stun is highly blockable
in the end which class is still op?>
mage for having unnlockable stun. and BH for having unblockable and raiseable stun.

lol andy u think they are doing it on purpose so those who do buy varium switch classes?
thats highly believable actualy
i switched classses like 7-9 times in the last week so yeah i would believe it.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 1/29/2011 12:37:24 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
1/29/2011 12:37:41   
pokepwner

Well IF plasma bolt ignore resistance it has to have a damage range like bunker buster or a percentage ignored increase like bh.Also if giving oveload a 40% base stun for a 2nd tier skill is OP in all senses, it would have to have a steady increase from rank 1.Also as for the multi i say keep it as it is but give it a small chance at rank 10(say 10%, 1%per skill point given to it).

Then maybe mages would stop complaining.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
1/29/2011 12:44:33   
goldslayer1

thing is i really hate how anyone can see ur build tho.
i mean no offense but yeah. its not really fair to make a unique build or whatever and then the next day see like a 100 people with it.
it just ruins it. if u make a good build and ur winning like 95% of the time, would u like other people to be able to copy it and make it spread and then ur win% turns into like 70% chance if ur lucky?
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
1/29/2011 12:46:22   
IsaiahtheMage

@Goldslayer Mages are not OPed BH are almost some Bounties are OPed the STR ones are the others are not.
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
1/29/2011 12:52:16   
Baron Dante

Why do we keep getting stuff about how BH is UP/OP, TM is UP/OP, Merc is UP/OP?

Okay, maybe that's not quite it. But when all 6 choices are in the air, it just doesn't make sense.

Related to that, I can't see how TMs are UP. I just shows it is either 1) Harder to make a good build 2) Tech Mage has "stupid" players that can't bother with a good build.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
1/29/2011 12:56:40   
goldslayer1

its not that there is no UP class. its just that every class has its own OP set of skills
and everyone who has the gear for it will abuse it
so when u have OP vs OP
u can only win by luck.
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
1/29/2011 13:37:26   
Crovile V2

Well ! Guys ! I have a Mage build ! And, just for your kind info, it easily maintains a 90-92 % win rate against everyone & all kinds of builds. And can do decent 40 wins per hour. Maybe whatever you say is right, but my Mage Build & it's battle records don't lie either ! BTW, I don't wanna argue over UP & OP any more, no point in that. But a Mage isn't weak as you claim to be. Mage rocks !
Post #: 13
1/29/2011 13:46:52   
goldslayer1

well crovile with our builds being able to be seen. by tomorrow ur gonna see several people with a VERY similar build
then that 90-92% will drop down to 70-72%
possibly lower

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 1/29/2011 13:47:10 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
1/29/2011 13:51:18   
Calogero

Mages can be good, IF you have the right rares...

Tell me Cro
did you use one of these in your mage build
( Bunny Aux, Founder armor, Beta weapons, Dragon Weapons )
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
1/29/2011 13:53:54   
Crovile V2

Well ! If you can't see builds the battling would be guess work. Anyways, If everyone uses that build the change your build. You know what attacks others use & thus can counter them easily. Simple as that !
Post #: 16
1/29/2011 13:54:42   
goldslayer1

@andy
founder is a definetly
so no point in even putting it up there
AQW Epic  Post #: 17
1/29/2011 14:16:17   
IsaiahtheMage

To all who say Mages arent UP they arent really but they are some I mean come on Energy Shield knocks out all their Energy attacks Blood Shield does to.And if they use deadly AIm its a 3 turn cooldown and can be weakened by intimidate.LOL I just cant see a Mage beating a STR or SUP Merc unless they got really lucky I mean face it they cant stand up to mercs mercs have way to many OPed defece ignoring,rage reducing and life stealing moves.I mean its just madness Mercs are OPed that is a fact due the majority agrees if you ask 100% of all the players what class is OPed I bet 65% will say Mercs.Mages are ok they have good skills like Reroute and thats about all to me the others can be countered by Energy shield and Blood Shield I dont see how MAges can be OPed.I guess we all have different views.
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
1/29/2011 14:18:12   
TurkishIncubus

If you dont have Founder + Bunny basicly you cant be mage , i saw mage is a elite class that can only use effectively by founders

1)First mages dont have Str and Support increasing atacking skill , maybe you think this is not important but it is , i will explain.
2)Second they are slow and has the same ratio with the other classes fast builds.

I always say same thing but the problem is there i think
In mages skill tree atleast 1 skill should increase with str or support i mean atacking skill not malf or DM. Because If we look base of strong builds ,
STR - Increase strike and gun dmg ( no energy required + it can use multiple times in battle) and Massacre or Berserker ( these skills improve with STR and enable play to make incredible high dmg in 1 turn)
Support-Increase Aux dmg ( non energy required ) and Artilary ( improve with support) , this build gived mercs domination in 2vs2 more than a year and stil continue . They can make high aux dmgs with no energy + they can do Multi (in 1vs1 strong , in 2vs2 oped )

imagine that we abused skills improving stat so lets look at what skills mages got : Plasma bolt and Plasma rain improve with tech and Overload and Super charge increase with dex , these skills has the same power with the skills mercs and BHS has but after using this skills we will not have any other strong atck to hit enemy. This forces mages not to use skills than ppl want us to use skills...These skills require same energy and after using this skills mages will not have a non energy atck(strike ,gun ,aux) to use strong but str builds will have high strike dmg after masacre or berserker.

The other Point is they are too slow they should do 2-3 shield in a battle + use booster to win somebody.They are slow and they has the same win ratio with Mercs and BHs . BH vs BH matches is about 3-4 turns but mage vs mage or mage vs BH matches is 8-11 turns which make them slow. while a Mage getting 1 win a Bh can be in his 3rd or 4th battle , which makes unfair.

And Non varium Mercs and BHs can win Varium ppl but mages is just like farm NPC actualy i look my Nonvarium Str Merc and bh oponents like a varium player because if i do something wrong or try risky thing i can lose but at mages i use too many risky thing to win them quick and im sure that they will never win me.

For me Mages should do Healloop without Healloop they cant be Strong and they will not strong in future because admins will not decrease heal to 3 turn.With healloop they can do defans and have high win rate but they will still slow.
Mages will be High winrate but slow
Bh and Mercs will be Fast and normal win rate.

I will continue to Buy Mage (i get azrael and azraels bane(this is mainly for mages) ) weps but i will stay at BH because i cant get 300-400 wins with a mage i have to play all day to do that , My heart will be with mages but i have to be stupid to change back a weak class (maybe i will change when i will go inactive again)

< Message edited by TurkishIncubus -- 1/29/2011 14:24:06 >

Epic  Post #: 19
1/29/2011 14:28:10   
goldslayer1

think of it like snipers. the are fire slow but they are more accurate.
but they should make a new class and give everyone 1 free class change voucher
that way non varium who want to try out any new future class can switch aswell since it wasn't out when they first signed up
AQW Epic  Post #: 20
1/29/2011 16:09:00   
EE

I think for those who haven't already done so, go read Nightwraith's post about varium costs. In that topic, he address the reason why changing classes is expensive. They are not trying to get everyone to switch classes every time they try to experiment with balancing issues, because that defeats the purpose. Go read it, and put your conspiracies to rest.

The next thing I'd go tell you to do is go look at some top builds out there for tech mages at this moment. See how they work. Many, including mine, seem very unconventional, and don't make sense at first glance. I'm a lvl 31 that just so happens to do very well against Mercs and BH's, and I make that a note BECAUSE the majority of my opponents are not TM (more than the expected 66%). The builds you used when you were lvl 26 and lower simply don't work. When I hear you want to buff plasma and overload, I'd expect that you want build that use only the right most column of the skill tree (max plasma, max overload, rest goes to rain). Those builds are great at lower levels, but after 27, well, welcome to the big leagues. To do really well, yes, you might want to look into getting some rares. On the other hand though, I've been stomped into oblivion by f2p mages that don't use varium because they've adapted and have a solid build.

Now I admit, I was upset when they added more cooldown to healing, but that brought the strategist out of me. I was guilty of heal looping. Now though, I don't even use the right column of the skill tree at all, and that's by choice. TM is in no way a weak class, it's just unforgiving to those who don't want to think up new strategies.

So, to give credit where credit is due, check out Xendran's posts on mage builds.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 21
1/29/2011 17:16:22   
Snaipera

^You are not using the right half ? The half that ACTUALLY holds the Mage's spells ? Well done , you're a successful mage :)
Let's look at the facts . When was the last time you saw any mage on the leaderboard ? Did he have more than 90% win ratio ? When was the last time you saw a mage on the leaderboard ? I can't remember when I saw one myself . Now you're gonna say "Mages weren't made for fast killers , but for better ratios" Well guess what , we don't have better ratios either as focus 5 bounties are the ultimate tankers . They cannot be hit , if they're supporters , they will deflect , etc , etc . You wanna know something ? This game wants balance ! Balance is when every class has a potential of fast killing and every class has a potential of high-percentage killing . Think about that .
Also @Croville , would you please give me a mage build , regardless of what weapons are you using , which i cannot counter easily with a mercenary tank build , built around technology or a focus 5 , support based bounty hunter build with maxed shadow arts . If you can , I would love to see it and I will gladly LEAVE epic duel for good , because I will be too ashamed of my million unsuccessful attempts to counter those builds . Thank you !
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
1/29/2011 17:19:04   
Mr.Pablo Jr.

The last time I saw a mage on the Leaderboards was today, Ice Wolf X and Deathknightmare. Their record was the second and third best, next to my 96% of course, Lol.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
1/29/2011 17:21:48   
Snaipera

^ Give me a proof , tell me which place they were on and prove to me that they weren't NPCing
AQW Epic  Post #: 24
1/29/2011 17:28:05   
Mr.Pablo Jr.

Ice Wolf X is my friend and a Founder, check today's Leaderboards and see his wins. He logged off like two hours ago and there's no way he can NPC more than like 200 fights since its only 15 NPCs, same goes for Deathknightmare....He's also on All-Time, so I think he deserves some respect. As for me, you can ask a lot of people like Bluebird and Wiseman, I'm pretty sure they'll say I actually battle.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Mages are UPed they need a buff.
Page 1 of 512345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition