Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Mages are UPed they need a buff.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Mages are UPed they need a buff.
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/29/2011 23:41:41   
The Joker X

You do realize that to use assimilation, you need a good staff. I for one have not found a fitting staff to my liking mainly because there is only 1 physical staff in the game, while all the others are useless energy trash.
Btw I agree, its not that mages are Uped, its just that players that have been other classes the whole time and then switch to mage just dont know how to use it. I have been a mage since the start, and not to be bragging or anything but I am pretty skilled in the arts of mage. I have countless times outplayed my opponents even though they had the upper hand. Mostly mercs though because like you guys have said before...they mindlessly press buttons in the same order and see what happens. So imho, yes mages are slightly UPed, but you can make them work if you know how to. :)
AQW Epic  Post #: 51
1/29/2011 23:43:29   
BlueKatz

how to hell you can control their MP when they kill you in 3 hits and they always bring extra MP

I do know how to play Mage, I just know that Mage is not effective class. Defense............. wait til enemy or rage or Crit = you lie on the floor
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 52
1/30/2011 0:10:22   
EE

Hey, if you are having problems and continue to claim that what you do works, fine. If you don't want to take a chance, ok. Not my problem. Are you really trying everything? Do you enhance your weapons and armor?

@ Joker, yeah a good staff is necessary and I really do wish there were more physical staves myself just for my strategy. Right now as a 31 I use the dragon master staff. When I reach 32, I have Charfade's staff standing by with all boosts going to support. Since I'm not a strength mage, I just tend to lean to staves that provide boosts in dex, tech, and support. So right now it looks like both of the varium staves with the valentine's release would work fine. I'd have to look into non-varium staves later, but I'm know there is a wiki out there with full listings of everything.

< Message edited by EE -- 1/30/2011 0:18:59 >
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 53
1/30/2011 0:22:42   
BlueKatz

lol you think I can't play Mage? You think I lose so much I must spam around? Having a win is not a problem, we are pointing that Mage is UP and it need a buff. Win some fights doesn't make it balanced, just compare to other classes and their possible build ,effective in 1vs1 2vs2 vs NPC, support, offense, defense, amount of build, kill rate, kill turns then you will see, Mage lose most of them
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 54
1/30/2011 5:41:11   
Nebula

To be honest. I think you just can't find an effective way to play it. Since you act like every single mage in this game loses 95% of this battle, that mages are hopeless and have no way to make a good build. All of which is not true.
Post #: 55
1/30/2011 5:51:57   
BlueKatz

aw *run nut o.o* I don't lose that much. But if Mage can't catch up with other classes, that mean it need a buff isn't it

I agree about "no way to make a good builds" actually, if you did play Mage then use other classes, you can easily guess all mage moves , and counter it
Mage counter Mage is harder :/ I guess because Mage itself is not good at counter, just tank
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 56
1/30/2011 6:01:01   
Nebula

I've played all three classes. I was a Bounty Hunter for about 5 - 6 months before I switched to Mage a couple of days ago.
I switched do Merc once, and I ended up not playing for about 3 weeks because it bored me so much I just lost the urge to play, and just waited for the varium to change back.

But as soon as I changed to mage I found myself an effective build.
Well, that's kind of a lie. I tried a few battles as a caster mage, which didn't work out very well, then as a half-support half-tank using overload, then decided to try something that would work for me.
Post #: 57
1/30/2011 6:06:37   
BlueKatz

I'm not asking much, but Mage need something that ruin STR Mer and STR BH. Feel free to give me a build that that can kill them more than 50% in 1vs1
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 58
1/30/2011 6:07:47   
Crovile V2

Mages not good at counter attack ? O Pleaseeeee....! Mages do have a lot of counter attacks. But every mage that I meet is almost the same Heal+DM+Reroute+DA+Malf combination. I have been fighting that combination for 1 year & 2 months now ! Almost all Mage has become predictable. Doesn't mean that if you keep using that build for over a year will keep getting you 90% win rate. Try something insane ! Go for the kill instead of being Predictable Defensive Tanks.
Post #: 59
1/30/2011 6:14:27   
Nebula

@Bluekatz Here: http://twitpic.com/3ulsry/full
Although, I must admit. Strength Mercs are nothing but a gamble. They go first, I have a high chance of losing. Then stun me, I definitly lose. I go first, then I almost always win. Of course, with 96 support, those occurrences don't happen too often. Against a strength Bounty Hunter, I almost always win, especially against the ones who use a physical primary + sidearm or all physical weapons really, the only time I am in a dangerous situation is if they crit me, but the only time that really happens is with cheap shot because of its 25% crit chance.

@Crovile V2 True. But with new weapons and higher stat possibilities, old strategies can be improved. The Frost weapons, imo, greatly improved alot of old strategies. Strength BHs, Strength Mercs, Support Mages. Charfade's weapons have helped Tank Mercs a little too much, though...
Post #: 60
1/30/2011 6:17:26   
BlueKatz

That more like Tank than counter. Counter mean enemy get bad affect from their own good, like Block is a good exam, they waste their move.

Tank is pretty useless by stat abuser, commonly STR because the abuse never stop. And Support abuse just need a litter timing then you can loop for a while

While BH is the new counter class with its SA (actually, improved is the right word, cuz the smoke)
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 61
1/30/2011 6:27:43   
Crovile V2

*Sigh*.... ! Try this Barrier Build on for size !
Post #: 62
1/30/2011 6:28:01   
Nebula

I play offensive, mostly. Defense Matrix and Heal are the only "defensive" moves I use, and I only use Defense Matrix after a smoke screen on a good Bounty Hunter. Of course I use geal, its a neccessity for all support builds. Other than matrix and heal, its just Malf, Aux, Primary/Assimilation, perhaps Overload if the battles nearly over and its not in my fair and I decided to take a chance.

The reason I spammed support was so I could put little skill points into Malf and Heal ( Well, 5 isn't exactly "little" but its not too high ) so I could afford to put points into Assimilation to ruin Merc or BH strategies. I don't really need to play defensively with my high damage output.

< Message edited by Nebula -- 1/30/2011 6:29:16 >
Post #: 63
1/30/2011 7:39:47   
BlueKatz

^ you guys reply too fast lol
Anyway, it's pretty much the common build

But if Mage can win with those build (I still don't believe I can win more than 50% vs STR Mer and BH with that kind of build since I have it, or just super bad luck for a whole month) so how about caster? Yeah... I want to make a counter build for Caster D:
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 64
1/30/2011 7:45:15   
Nebula

Ummm. Malfunction and a decent ammount of tech and support?
Yeah, my build is common, not anything special, but, like I said before, it wokrs for me. I think my main weakness would be Support Mercs with Azrael's Bane, mostly the ones that go first and crit aux me. Also, intelligent strength Bounty Hunters are a pain, by intelligent I mean don't carry all physicla weapons.

< Message edited by Nebula -- 1/30/2011 8:19:02 >
Post #: 65
1/30/2011 7:48:56   
goldslayer1

@blue get a tank merc with like 40-48 defense and res it should do the job
AQW Epic  Post #: 66
1/30/2011 7:58:25   
BlueKatz

Well, Mage most likely have 2 builds Maf and caster, there are sub build but still stick to those 2 main build. Maf build (or any kind of build on the left tree) is pretty ok (but longgggggggg and just gamble), however caster tree are too weak! They indeed need a buff.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 67
1/30/2011 8:11:15   
Nebula

Plasma Bolt needs to become an energy Bunker Buster. Plasma Rain needs a 10% resistance ignore like Artillery and more damage ( so does Multi-Shot ) and Supercharge needs a buff.
Titan says mages are meant to be casters, then why does he let half the skill tree be so weak?
Post #: 68
1/30/2011 10:19:42   
TurkishIncubus

If you want to be succesfull with a mage you need to have founder armor without this armor mages is not good and you need bunny for being more powerfull.You have to play different for every different build , the other classes are easy they play same to every build.I dont see mages a good class without healloop thats why i changed BH , there is a option to change class if you are un happy just change the class you think that is oped. When admins will decide to buff mage we can go back to mage again.

I play with 2 class , My main class is mage , i always buy mage equipment when admins release new things but this is the time mages are uped so i changed BH with 1500 varium and playing with it for a while after Admins will buff mage , i will change to mage , if they nerf it again i will return BH again its a cycle in this game you cant be succesfull with only 1 class.

Epic  Post #: 69
1/30/2011 10:22:51   
Matgon

support Battle mages are fine, very reliable build.

But ive been thinking of a caster build (with a staff duh) and I can't seem to find anything that could work, the spells are just to weak at this point, like Nebula says we need a spell or two to have a resistance ignorance of some sort.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 70
1/30/2011 10:23:57   
Evric

^^Agreed
Post #: 71
1/30/2011 10:31:36   
IsaiahtheMage

@EE Wait you use a maxed assimilation?LOL your build must fail so hard that move is completely blockable and has a 4 turn cooldown AND only takes 10 energy from the oppnet adds 5 to your own.
AQW Epic  Post #: 72
1/30/2011 10:33:18   
TurkishIncubus

@Matgon

I find Battle Mages too slow they cant race with a merc in 1vs1 but their win ratio is ok which means they are not uped but slow and the ppl doing those ratios is Founders whose has +94-96 stat bonuses , with mage i can make +86 which means im 2,5 lwl lower than afounder.With a Mage stats are the most important think but if you are a BH or Mercs you can win ppl with your strong skills . Non varium Mercs can kill varium players but a non varium mage cant kill a varium player because his stats is lower than a varium player

< Message edited by TurkishIncubus -- 1/30/2011 10:34:29 >
Epic  Post #: 73
1/30/2011 11:19:54   
raff

Nebula make a video of you clicking on the random battle button and fight a random person.

Some of my sources tell me you lied.

< Message edited by raff -- 1/30/2011 11:31:13 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 74
1/30/2011 11:24:27   
5rr5
Banned

They have a very strong gun with deadly aim
but not really OPED
just if they crit maybe
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Mages are UPed they need a buff.
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition