Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Mages are UPed they need a buff.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Mages are UPed they need a buff.
Page 5 of 5<12345
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/31/2011 11:57:44   
AunXX

Its the proved fact tht mages are only class left who needz 2 b buffed !!!
adding ignore resistnce n incresin stun chncez is 1 way ....
Post #: 101
2/1/2011 2:20:10   
TurkishIncubus

Support Mercs Deflecting a lot with +110-130 , STR Mercs Rage so Quick in their 3rd strike they rage , for resist their high str we have to open shield and shield make them rage too fast , BH start to block everything im afraid of they will block my gun or aux O.O , Mages are weak against the other builds.I changed class back to mage and i think i will be able to play only NPC :)

the point is Mercs and BH s got strong builds , Their non varium characters can do the same type of build with low stat modifiers but mages dont have a strong build our non variums is try to do caster and variums try to find a build with battle mage .

Epic  Post #: 102
2/1/2011 9:16:10   
IsaiahtheMage

@Drekon then obviously your build sucks against mages.I cant beleve a BH or a Merc is complaing about mages being to strong.I have the right build they are just OPed NO build we have can counter them if I use defence matrix they will rage faster and ignore 45% of my defence anyway and thats without the extra defence ignore from Bunker Buster and Cheap Shot.
AQW Epic  Post #: 103
2/1/2011 18:44:10   
Hun Kingq

How about a damage +37 staff (energy and physical) with 12 enhancements and 12 points for each stat modifier since the mage needs as much boost as possible.
Epic  Post #: 104
2/1/2011 19:36:13   
edwardvulture

LOL are you joking? That's classist right there.
You people need to learn how to use assilimination level 7 with also a level 7 heal. No mercs can win against that if you got the right strategy.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 105
2/1/2011 20:27:39   
EE

you know, i just thought of a possible solution that might work for a lot of people. If they were to make plasma rain hit twice, mages would have a pretty powerful attack for both 1v1 and 2v2 AND it would promote the idea of caster mages at high levels. Right now, we rely pretty heavily on unblockable weapons like gun and zooka after we have malfed. Let's face it, the only real offensive spells that people use en mass are malfunction, and sometimes, overload. Unfortunately, overload gets a severe nerf should the mage get hit with a smokescreen, leaving BH's always with the advantage. If you were to make plasma rain hit twice, doing essentially double damage, you would start to see more variety in builds.

What does everyone else think?
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 106
2/1/2011 20:30:14   
Silver Sky Magician

Plasma rain now has an average ~60 base damage for the high level players. Twice that would be ~120 damage. Assuming the opponent has 40 resistance...it would still do 80 damage. That's too OP.

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 2/1/2011 20:42:11 >
Post #: 107
2/1/2011 20:34:29   
EE

Well, that depends on your tech level really, but you can see where I'm going with this. I should rephrase that from double to say...buffed damage. Technically, plasma bolt is stronger, but I have seen the occasional maxed out plasma bolt do only 25 after a malf.

Of course, reducing the cooldown on field medic back to 3 would also be nice.

< Message edited by EE -- 2/1/2011 20:35:08 >
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 108
2/1/2011 20:43:46   
Silver Sky Magician

Pitting heal loop mages against 5 focus bounty hunters and support mercs...interesting. But everyone else would be totally thrashed, especially non-varium players.
Post #: 109
2/1/2011 20:49:10   
EE

And this is where I say too bad it wont happen. As I'm sure everyone remembers, they made the cooldown 4 just because mages were too good with heal looping. Sigh, I miss the good ol' days of beta
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 110
2/2/2011 0:02:47   
Hun Kingq

Both mercs and bounties can get true +5 damage because they have better stat modifiers with the same enhancements of their weapons,

the Charfade's club, a physical club, stat mods dex at +10 and tech at +15, requirements 36 dex 36 tech.

Charfade's claws, a physical blade, stat mods Dex +4 tech +16 support +5, requirements strength 42 Dex 30.

Charfade's staff stat mods Dex +10 tech +7 support +8 requirements dex 42 tech 30

So as you could see the requirements for their weapons of tech and dex is so low they could still have high strength or support and with the stat mods they could have high defense and resistance as well. The two main skills that the mage uses are malfunction and overload and as we all know those two improves with Dex and Support but both those classes have both physical and energy weapons so a mage has no choice if they want to last past three rounds to have high dex and high tech forcing them to have low strength and support.

So we got to ask, "Why is the mage being punished and not getting weapons with better mods across the board to have a fighting chance."
Epic  Post #: 111
2/2/2011 0:36:48   
Silver Sky Magician

Actually all these weapons give the same total stat points and total requirements. Moreover mages will be easily able to meet the stat requirements. If I haven't misunderstood you, then you're arguing that mages should get better weapons because they are weaker.

That's not fair at all. First of all, the claim that mages are weaker is subjective and may not be true. I have seen mages with about 50% win rate at level 32. I have also seen mages with over 90% win rate at the same level. Both types of mages were varium users. It takes strategy and thinking to use a mage build successfully. I don't think that mages are underpowered at all.

One of the arguments that mages should be buffed is that mercs have defense ignoring skills whereas mages don't. However mercs do not have a skill that increases the damage of bunker buster or artillery strike, though by spamming stats they can utilise these skills incredibly well.

Mages can use malfunction to increase the efficiency of plasma bolt. A malfunction-plasma bolt combo can easily do about 50 damage, even if the opponent has about 33 resistance.
Post #: 112
2/2/2011 10:17:38   
Hun Kingq

Your looking at the total is the wrong way to look at it because each mod is different and the fact that the requirement for tech and dex is low for the mercs and bounties they still could have high strength or support. 50% win rate, you call that good, very funny, while mercs and bounties get 80 to 100% win rate. a mage with level 10 malfunction and level 10 plasma bolt, malfunctioned me, I used the bot to debuff, he used a plasma bolt and it was only damage of 30 and I am a mage myself. Bunker buster improves with technology and artillary improves with support and for them, it does, as to the mage's skill not matter how high we go with tech, support, or Dex the skills don't improve.

I put my stats at all 45s went against mercs and bounties at all 45s giving us all +5, my damage to them was a joke, 9 and 9 with a 32 level sidearm, they shot me 20 and 20, this is different battles, Aux they shot me, got 47 damage, I shot them 25 damage sometimes less.

The mage is the weakest class whether you like it or not and when they gave us a new skill Assimilation, they told us here is a new skill could take away 10 points of energy and take away health but could only use it every 4 rounds and out of the side of their mouth they said, "by the way it can be blocked , ha ha."

Give us a level 37 or 40 staff with strength 12, Dex 12, Tech 12, Support 12 and 12 slots to give us power and defense, not just defense.
Epic  Post #: 113
2/2/2011 11:21:19   
goldslayer1

more slots more money. also we dont have lvl 37 or 40 yet
but overpowered staffs for mages like maybe 40 stats on total modifiers wouldn't be bad.
and hopefully they wont make a really corny item that gives u str because mages dont really need str. they need tech dex and some support.
AQW Epic  Post #: 114
2/2/2011 13:27:50   
Hun Kingq

If they want to they could even make the reqirements for that staff all 40s so the mage who uses it can't abuse strength or support since the weapon would have great power and another thing they could do for the mage is with a fee like I wrote before, combine a physical and energy armor and if the armors have +8 then it would be +16 for defense and resistance sine the mercs have the hybrid armor and the bounties have shadow arts.
Epic  Post #: 115
2/2/2011 15:08:08   
goldslayer1

ok now thats just crazy
AQW Epic  Post #: 116
2/2/2011 15:31:05   
Hun Kingq

I went back in and increased my Defense to 32 - 39 the Damage was less especially when a support merc did the Artillary strike, it is sad that I have to have 60 Dex with 36 enhancements to win the battle.
Epic  Post #: 117
2/2/2011 19:46:16   
H4ll0w33n

@Hun Kingq

Merc and bounties dont ALL get 80-100% win rate.

now you say level 10 malfunction and level 10 plasma bolt build did 30 damage? WELL OF COURSE you know that thats a "noob" build it was probably a level 28 or something because your kinda using the extremes.

The skills do improve for mages. with alot of support your heals and malfunctions becomes very strong. you have skills that improve with all 4 stats while merc dont have dex skills.

you put your stats at all 45s and fought merc and bh's then u did a gun with level 32 side arm and did 9,9 and his doing 20 20 is just a very big "mistake" unless you didnt have deadly aim in which that was your experiments fault...... its just not possible with the average 5 focus merc unless you go to 2 extremes, no str bonus and all enchancements on dex for merc with you using a physical gun.

average merc resistance or defense is about 34

34+1(agility)=35

your gun

32+9+5+12-15(average 13.5)= 59.5=>60

35-60= 25 so you would have hit about 25 if you were using a average build these days.

the merc doing 20 20 is only possible with the gun is if your defense was 9-11

merc str average 13.5+32+5=50.5=>51

Mages average defense/resistance ranges from 27-32 nowadays

27+32/2= 29.5=>30

30-51= 21 ??!?!?!? you seeeeeeee he would have needed 20 more damage to hit you that much which would mean your defense would have needed to be 9-11 -.- it would possible only come close if he raged then criticaled you too with you having the lowest possible defense (27) and him having the highest damage (15).

now the aux.................. -.-

30-[(merc average) 35(theres bunnies and charafades these days)+5+19 (average)=59] = 29 damage not 47 unless he was a support abuser.
With a support abuser

36(average)+35=71 damage
(average=32+39/2=36)

30-71=41 damage and thats as close as we can get. 47 is a critical with 5 focus possibly on rage.

You really think assimilate is useless?

most merc has 1 extra energy. if you use a level 2 malfunction you have sucessfully taken away a skill they would have used and if they use a en booster they will gain back 2 unless they used the skill first. look at it like this assimilate uses NO energy and can take just enough to make a skill useless, if it was unblockable dont you think mages would chain unblockables?? Malfunction=>gun=>aux=>assimilate=>gun=>heal=>aux=>gun=>assimilate

having to deal damage too is already bad enough. would you rather get blood shield?? id switch blood shield for assimilate if i could.

yeah..........give level 37-40 staffs that would cost 4000 varium + the 2850 varium enchancements.............. that is a big OPed staff :O.
Post #: 118
2/3/2011 10:15:22   
Hun Kingq

Look at the leaderboards win percentage.

You could put up all the math you want but that is human calculations if you had any kind of IT (Information Technology) classes then you would understand more that a slight variation could cause a big alteration to the program. With increased support field medic increases but malfunction not by very much. Assimilation is only usefull when it does not get blocked. Malfuntion is useless if it gets debuffed (takes malfunction effect all the way down to 7 or 9) or a bounty puts up a shield and whatever the mercs put up and malfunction I seen it go away within two rounds many times so all they have to do is wait it out because they know mages are under powered.

Like I wrote early I increased my Dex and it seemed like the damage from the side arms and other physical weapons were greater and the bounty got 37 damage with claws without smoke so with mages they don't want us to have high damage or high defense now, why?

Last, don't talk to people as if they have no intellegence or in a condenscending manner, show some respect because respect is a two way street.
Epic  Post #: 119
2/3/2011 11:46:03   
Hun Kingq

A level 37 Aux is only 995 varium why would they make a staff with the same level cost extra?
Epic  Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Mages are UPed they need a buff.
Page 5 of 5<12345
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition