Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: A Comprehensive Balance Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: A Comprehensive Balance Discussion
Page 10 of 13«<89101112>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/13/2011 9:30:07   
RandomForumer
Banned

Only way to balance -
Keep Merc the way it was,
Bring back 3 turn heal,
No more agility.
BH Keep it the way it is.
Probably debuff dem artillery strike cuz' it be deh bam bam.
Post #: 226
2/13/2011 9:38:34   
Nebula

^If that happens Bounty Hunters will be at a massive disadvantage. Heal Loopers will rule. Str Mercs, Tank Mercs and Support Mercs will still be far too powerful, and Bounty Hunters will be left out.
Post #: 227
2/13/2011 11:51:42   
jegaggin

leave it the way it is im a merc and i get killed..
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 228
2/13/2011 12:20:07   
pokepwner

Possibly it's your build that's the problem.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 229
2/13/2011 12:24:16   
jegaggin

not really its mostly luck lol... deflects from 40 support when i have 110 support etc.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 230
2/13/2011 12:26:40   
pokepwner

110 support?is that base stats or including boosts from weapons?If it's base stats you must have poor defences.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 231
2/13/2011 12:33:07   
jegaggin

nah its with equips if i had 110 support. but u just gave me an idea itself it could work then i would use a high resitance+ high dex weapon
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 232
2/13/2011 16:09:43   
Zean Zapple

Here is my take on the whole balance issue of ED:

Agility needs to go. The stats are there for us to use, and they cannot be controlled like they are. If we started making more skills like Agility controlling Technology, Support, Strength, and Dexterity it would just push more and more people to use a 5 focus build. If everyone is forced to use the same build, then it becomes a battle of who has more varium and who has better weapons, not a matter of skill. With Agility gone some gutsy players might just switch back to mage.

~ZZ

Epic  Post #: 233
2/14/2011 18:08:01   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

Please direct all questions concerning the following to his thread:

Buff to tech mages
Nerf Focus
Remove blocks/crits/chance/agility/focus
Reformat armours
Completely tear down the current skill system and use Xendran’s idea
Eliminate classes
Reformat blocks to be based on strength
Change cooldown rates to valuable skills (eg. Field Medic)
Change stats on existing weapons

Thanks! <3
Battle On!
-Cinderella
Post #: 234
2/14/2011 18:40:16   
Light Stridr

@above:
What was Xendran's idea?
AQW Epic  Post #: 235
2/14/2011 19:14:17   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

@Light Stridr: It's back on the first page here.

Basically every stat would be worth the same and all the skills would have to be completely redone. It's a good idea, but it would mean that the whole system would have to be redone.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 236
2/14/2011 19:36:07   
edwardvulture

I don't agree with his suggestions. The current stats actually hold truth in their name.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 237
2/15/2011 0:16:17   
Xendran

edwardvulture: As do mine. Remember, my post is balance oriented. Whether or not one person believes a stat in my version doesn't hold true to its name has no impact on whether or not the stats are balalnced.

That being said, they DO hold true to their name. Provide me proof that they dont.

Also, if you want real truth to the name then defence should be determined by the strength stat, and sidearm power, agility, first turn chance and auxiliary damage by dexterity.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 2/15/2011 0:17:44 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 238
2/15/2011 0:40:09   
od

@xen
how does having big muscles (str) help you deflect? Also stun rate needs to be increased for tech because having more than your enemy dosent increase your chance to stun,( it only reduces enemys) but block does

< Message edited by od -- 2/15/2011 0:42:24 >
Epic  Post #: 239
2/15/2011 2:22:54   
BlueKatz

I disagree about Str increase defense effect (as above, deflection)

It will cause even more stat abuse and less creative build (unless people think stat abuse is creative because...we get like 5 "creative builds" by 5 main stats include HP)

This is my suggestion, base on Xendran works. I will highlight the change

==Strength==
Primary Weapon Damage     3:1
Critical Chance           4:1
Rage Rate Increase        3:1

==Dexterity==
Defence                   3:1
Block                     3:1
First Turn Chance         4:1

==Technology==
Resistance                3:1
Stun Resistant Rate       4:1
Secondary Weapon Damage   3:1

==Support==
Auxiliary weapon Damage   3:1
Deflection                3:1
Robot Damage              4:1

Ok, I have only 2 changes ( or 4...):

• Make STR full Offense stat, basically to break any Defense Resistant build (with rage and Crit), mean while Block build will somehow reduce STR build.
  • Deflection stay in Support type. Robot damage is in Support type, make this stat has both offense and defense (offense by pure stat, defense by skills mostly) however favor offense
  • Tech favor defense wide with stun and resistant. It increase gun damage, a side attack that allow Tech user to spam damage a litter faster than current when out of MP

• Change Rage from 4:1 to 3:1. Since Rage is slightly nerfed so I think with few fix after that stats is balanced, Rage will be ok
  • Block from 4:1 to 3:1 to effective anti Str build (Str build can kill them with rage too) Note that according to my idea, Block should reduce 90% incoming damage, not completely avoid damage
  • Gun damage from 4:1 to 3:1 to raise Tech user offense side, balance without robot
  • Deflect from 4:1 to 3:1 to raise Support user defense, balance with other buff I posted above

• As mentioned, Block will reduce 90% damage only.
  • Focus up to 3 only and scale by stat (like 45 50 50 50 give 3; 44 50 50 50 give 2; 39 50 50 50 give 1; 34 50 50 50 give 0) , not fixed amount of stat currently
    However character will have negative Focus ( min is -3) if they abuse stat

I currently have no options on the formula for Crit, Rage and Deflections

< Message edited by BlueKatz -- 2/15/2011 2:25:07 >
  • AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 240
    2/15/2011 3:10:53   
    jegaggin

@xendrans suggestion.
    I think then str bhs would rule supreme
    AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 241
    2/15/2011 11:46:55   
    Khimera

Skimming Xen's post, the only issue that immediately jumps out at me (Without going into complicated maths) is that rage ISN'T worth 0.5 turns unless defence = offense - In which case it has to be assumed that all damage is 3 and therefore battles, by default, become incredibly long.
    Post #: 242
    2/15/2011 11:48:37   
    Snaipera

I think it's time we made Assimilation unblockable . However ,there's a catch . The hit it gives to the opposing player is reduced by 50% . Also ,it should still require a staff . That would make more people invest in it , seeing it's a new unblockable ,even though it's reduced by 50%
    AQW Epic  Post #: 243
    2/15/2011 12:40:45   
    Nebula

^That would make less people invest in it, imo. Why bother using an attack that does 50% of your regular strike just for the sake of taking away a few energy? It'd be much more beneficial taking the risk and using a strike instead. Why would you need to take away a few points of energy if you can do double the damage instead?
    Post #: 244
    2/15/2011 13:16:22   
    SCORPIOZZz

guys i really dont have time to read any of the above but i just wana say u want a real balance ? take away all nerfez give bhz back the deflection for SA make heal back to 3 turns and remove requ for deadly aim remove agility make focus max 3 and were done
    1st everyone will be able to do the build he likes
    2nd no class will be uped

or /

make agility works on stats :)
    Epic  Post #: 245
    2/15/2011 13:36:37   
    Snaipera

@Nebula . Support mercs work with fixed energy . So do strength bounties . So does every other build different from a mage with reroute . That's why.
    AQW Epic  Post #: 246
    2/15/2011 14:47:14   
    Shadow Serpent

OMG Fix 2vs2 -.-
    quote:

The hit it gives to the opposing player is reduced by 50%

Unless we take away more mana, then no thankies :p
    Post #: 247
    2/15/2011 14:54:26   
    Snaipera

Do you not see the long run for this skill ? The mana steal IS FINE for a skill that costs 0 energy and is to be unblockable . Do you like it more when the crappy skill gets blocked and you're screwed just because of that ? Or when you cannot hit the bounty hunter in order to take out his massacre
    AQW Epic  Post #: 248
    2/15/2011 15:26:48   
    Shadow Serpent

quote:

Do you not see the long run for this skill ? The mana steal IS FINE for a skill that costs 0 energy and is to be unblockable . Do you like it more when the crappy skill gets blocked and you're screwed just because of that ? Or when you cannot hit the bounty hunter in order to take out his massacre

You got a point there. But i don't really use assim anymore :/ Malf, overload and rage bludgeon. Kinda usless(ussles, uselles or whatever you spell it) for me.
    Post #: 249
    2/15/2011 19:14:19   
    Wraith

You guys just need to learn to deal.

Since very class has a own skill tree, TMs can have a 3 turn FM. Thus TM Heal Loopers, STR/SUP Mercenaries, and Strength Bounties. It is obvious. O.O

Assimilation should have a 2 turn cooldown, and scale like Blood Shield. Thus making it a worthy fourth tier skill.
    AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 250
    Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: A Comprehensive Balance Discussion
    Page 10 of 13«<89101112>»
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition