Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: A Comprehensive Balance Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: A Comprehensive Balance Discussion
Page 11 of 13«<910111213>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/15/2011 23:57:04   
od

I think that RB is mass op.
It scales in 3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3 AND gives 15% conversion, while the other buffs go in 3-3-3-3-3-3-2-2-2, which isn't fair
Epic  Post #: 251
2/16/2011 19:05:37   
He Who Lurks

Right now, honestly I'm baffled that sidearms costed 275 varium at level 27 while level 32/31 sidearms cost a huge 975 varium.
AQ Epic  Post #: 252
2/16/2011 19:07:56   
eragonshadeslayer67

^way to steal what I just said rofl

anyways, the whole batch of low lv weps r unbalanced. I mean a lv 29 wep has like 10 less stats that a lv 30 wep lol
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 253
2/16/2011 19:41:20   
He Who Lurks

^Where did you talk about varium balance? Anyways, I feel as if I'm not being compensated for the extra varium I had to use pay for weapons :/.
AQ Epic  Post #: 254
2/16/2011 19:45:20   
eragonshadeslayer67

^ on your VERY OWN thread

quote:

currently, the pricing (varium prices at least) for lv 30 and BELOW weps r a bit dangly, I mean a lv 27-28 wep might only cost about 250 var and a lv 30+ wep costing 950 or so varium

it's not quite balanced, but I always thought of 900-1000 var for a top-notch wep to be fair pricing

< Message edited by eragonshadeslayer67 -- 2/16/2011 19:46:05 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 255
2/16/2011 20:13:42   
He Who Lurks

From that post, you sounds against 300 varium for level 32 weapons.
AQ Epic  Post #: 256
2/17/2011 9:14:03   
Cookielord12

lol mercs are OP. 2 level 26 beta me in level 30 non varium
they had 2 boosters 40 heal max resist and the new merc skill thing and i couldnt do more than 6 damage and i lost because they healed 3 times
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 257
2/18/2011 9:16:33   
BlueKatz

Mer is super OP, their Bunker need huge nerf

not mention super Passive, super Multi, super stun, cheap defense, cheap damage buff

And in skill side, no Dex weakness, str spam is their fault, not dex reduce problem.
I remember at low level people say thing like Mage > Mer > BH > Mage
Now it's like Mer vs all
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 258
2/18/2011 18:44:28   
IsaiahtheMage

@Bluekatz Really?You wanna nerf us some more?No.I am sick of the nerfs.Our passive isnt OPed.I am sick of that hybrid armor is just 13 def without it we cant boost our defences.And blood shield isnt that good anyway.Our stun isnt super it can be blocked.Gee.Bluekatz I am so sick of hearing you say nerf this nerf that.How about you be a merc and finally see how where not so "super OPed" yes we are OPed but NOT super Oped.I dont want bunker buster nerfed I like using that skill just buff up the mages and bounties geez.Stop the complaing plz.
AQW Epic  Post #: 259
2/18/2011 19:41:48   
charwelly

i'm shocked at how many ppl think us mercs are oped

Retired Again.
AQW Epic  Post #: 260
2/18/2011 19:56:21   
OverweightMan

I've only read 2 comments and im already getting confused :O
AQW Epic  Post #: 261
2/18/2011 20:12:02   
IsaiahtheMage

@Charwelly Its because we are.We have so many defences ignoring moves with extra crit chance.We wouldnt be OPed if we didnt have Bunker Buster,AS,Maul and SS.
AQW Epic  Post #: 262
2/18/2011 20:19:19   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

Balance isn't just for fighting the other classes. Mercs get defense ignoring skills because of Hybrid. Most clubs happen to physical weapons so Maul get a %ignore as well. All the classes have skills that can counter another skill of their own class.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 263
2/18/2011 20:41:29   
Light Stridr

My suggestion would be to move hyrbid to tier 3
AQW Epic  Post #: 264
2/18/2011 21:20:02   
PD

I suggest removing enhancements. Simply enough, doing so would lessen Stat Inflation, Level Differences, and varium costs. It would also make it harder to make "Extreme" Builds and Focus builds that work.

< Message edited by PD -- 2/18/2011 21:22:27 >
Post #: 265
2/19/2011 2:24:18   
BlueKatz

quote:

@Bluekatz Really?You wanna nerf us some more?No.I am sick of the nerfs.Our passive isnt OPed.I am sick of that hybrid armor is just 13 def without it we cant boost our defences.And blood shield isnt that good anyway.Our stun isnt super it can be blocked.Gee.Bluekatz I am so sick of hearing you say nerf this nerf that.How about you be a merc and finally see how where not so "super OPed" yes we are OPed but NOT super Oped.I dont want bunker buster nerfed I like using that skill just buff up the mages and bounties geez.Stop the complaing plz.

You don't think I don't play all class?
Mer BB is super OP because it can bypass all strategies in game

Damage spam? Hit 1 hit 2 hit 3 Mer with BB can already take out enemy, no class can catch up Mer damage spam
Increase defense? CRIT dam!
Nerf stat? who care about damage if you get bonus damage from enemy defense?
High HP? lol flawed

You know why I want nerf this and that? BECAUSE I WANT TO NERF EVERYTHING. This game is horribly flawed and will be worse (in my option) without heavy balance.

The only way to make the game balance is NERF FIRST -> THEN BUFF

~Just logic of balancing
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 266
2/19/2011 7:14:10   
drinde

Y'all know, I think more strategies will show up if ur HP is +3 per Attribute Point and Agility built on this scale. It should be fun as battles would be longer.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 267
2/19/2011 14:29:06   
Tor Kul Na

Rock-Scissors-Paper
Bounty-Merc-Mage
Although this might not always be the case, It all comes down to your build.

Mortal Hunter, Founder of the Galactic Hunters. Now recruiting for more active members. Find us in the clans page.
AQ MQ  Post #: 268
2/19/2011 15:31:39   
H4ll0w33n

techmages are the weakest class, bh and merc are somewhat tied for oped.

the problem is that str and 5 focus is too strong.
Post #: 269
2/19/2011 15:53:45   
Sparticus

quote:

Block = Guard 50% Damage. Worth 0.5 Turns
For every 4 points of dexterity GREATER THAN your opponent, you gain 1% to block rate, and your opponent loses 1%.
Minimum -20%
Base + 0%
Maximum +20%

Stun = Skip Opponents Turn Worth 1.0 Turns
For every 4 points of technology GREATER THAN your opponent, you gain 0.5% to stun rate, and your opponent loses 0.5%.
Minimum -20%
Base + 0%
Maximum +20%

Excuse me if I get this wrong, I'm an old man and math was never my strong subject.

For every 4 DEX> you gain 1% chance to block (I assume that means take No, as in zero damage)
For every 8 TECH> you gain 1% chance to stun

Does this mean stun is twice as "stat" valuable as block?

Also, block only occurs when your opponent uses a blockable attack. 2/3 of a players standard attacks are unblockable. A stun is technically broken down into a blocked attack by you and an additional attack against your opponent. Your opponent can't attack you, thus you have "blocked" his attack and you get to attack him again.

So a stun is:
1) a block that is able to stop both blockable and unblockable attacks(as well as heals, buffs and boosters) and
2) delivers damage as part of the stun attack then
3) give an extra attack.

While a block is:
1) able to block only the 1/3 of a players standard, blockable attacks.(excluding skills/specials)
2) does no damage.

My question then is, is a stun weighed properly? Should it be 2xDEX weighted or more? This is a consideration because one class has better control on techs properties then the other two and mis-weighting tech would unbalance everything.

(I excluded BOTs and Skill tree to simplify the discussion)

< Message edited by Sparticus -- 2/19/2011 17:52:05 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 270
2/19/2011 16:01:20   
Tiago X

This should had been locked long ago, with the 10 page lock shouldn't it?
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 271
2/19/2011 16:52:41   
Khimera

@above: Nope, tagged threads are locked at 30 pages.
Post #: 272
2/19/2011 16:55:00   
TurkishIncubus

I realy annoyed , STUN + BERSERKER they only do this , i played perfect , i use 5 focus build it make my hp 90 , i got 80 hp my oponent merc has 20 hp , if i hit 1 more time he will dead , what he do clasic STUN+ Berserker , No Logic No strategy.

I only want them nerfed i do strategy , play logical than they do only Maul(stun) + Berserker with 90 hp its imposible than remove agility.

Titan and NW dont forget that you are humans so nobody is perfect , you can be a good programmer and a good artist but you cant balance this game so pls get some help from someone , dont be shy asking help.

The thing make me angry is , Titan and NW you cant balance game , you dont want help than when ppl think you do unbalance game for earn money you become mad , Ppl are right , Admins cant balance a %100 oped things this is suspicious.

Epic  Post #: 273
2/22/2011 16:06:23   
frogbones
Banned

I'd really like to see how Gamma Bot factors into your Spreadsheet, Xen. Personally, I think it is the most powerful (and absolutely the all-time worst) addition to the game. With it, players don't need energy, health, or str, yet they still get the benefits of huge damage, very high defense/resistance, and above average Support. Further, only 1/3 classes can nerf it.

I'm sick of ED for many reasons, and Gamma Bot is on top of the list.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 274
2/24/2011 0:11:42   
PD

Well, since the Game Developers apparently knew about the coming of my ambitious project before I even finished it (I still needed to make show Stat Values, Skill adjustments, and weapon standards), I guess I'll post the pastebin here. I was planning to only post this publicly once I had all the stuff I needed. It's not new stuff - in fact, most of it is Xendran's concepts and comprehensive justifications on why they would be perfect to the game's balance - inevitably as a whole through a simple 10 step process. Anyways, here it is: The Epic Solution to Epicduel Balance, The presumably final and unfinished version

You can read it if you'd like, but again, it's not new stuff - only stuff that I wrote that justifies Xendran's balance concepts and ideas.

And also, I am up for criticism. I'm not perfect after all.

< Message edited by PD -- 2/24/2011 0:28:30 >
Post #: 275
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: A Comprehensive Balance Discussion
Page 11 of 13«<910111213>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition