Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Paxia Battle Contest!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Paxia Clans >> RE: Paxia Battle Contest!
Page 2 of 7«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/17/2011 10:19:11   
Riffus Maximus

quote:

I don't see how it would be "R A N D O M"...

Still, I don't know why it would be unfair. Tuss picked the clans with logic, and that's why everyone agreed.

Oh, and you abviously didn't read that part of my post:
quote:

Changes may come unexpectedly if the creators are unlikely opposed to what has been said here.
We will not be held responsible if your clan is declared "loser" because you only had one member to defend your honor.
You have been warned...
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 26
3/17/2011 15:54:23   
theosenia

@Diggy: I have explained to you again that I see no reason to visit another place to meet ppl that I'm meeting here.This Forum is about ALL Paxia,so we are going to be informed here,one way or another. Now,EACH clan's PF imo is another matter.That CAN/WILL be needed in the future...the way I see it,I'm "involved" in more PFs than I can handle! That plus the game itself,I simply don't have any time for it.

I wanted to know HOW the pairs were/r going to be picked n I did! Tuss has dictated them n you all agreeded. Thank you BOTH for the information. I'll think about it
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 27
3/18/2011 6:44:09   
SIGMUND

If you change the conditions of a test or competition then you cannot relate the result of one contest to another.

That is why I called shenanigans.

If you want a "fair" or related contest then at a future date you should run Dynami against Lucian and maybe Glacius against Igneus at the same time.

Or maybe pair all clans and run the contest all at the same time. 4 clans vs 4 clans.
To allow everyone to participate maybe it should be run three times and an average result taken?

With the Current tragedy in Japan, maybe the contest should be delayed until the Japanese players have a chance to get back to the game?

The loss of their participation possibly extended the length of the Blarney War? and might affect the Clan Contest if it is run right now?

AQ  Post #: 28
3/18/2011 11:16:38   
Riffus Maximus

Sig... for Drell's sake are you even reading what I write? I said all the match-ups will happen this weekend. All the clans participate at the same time, but only those who said who would participate, because the other are, or they would've already posted here, as I gave a special two-weeks notice.

After the tournament is done, which will determine the biggest winner, we will start another tournament, and the champion would most likely defend it's title in the other tournament, and so forth, until we see no sign of activity left and we move on with another idea.

You sounds like as if your giving excuses to not participate. No one is holding you, you're free to not participate if you don't want to.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 29
3/18/2011 14:56:55   
BWNocturne

I'm so proud that my two fellow Lucians feel the need to bash every single attempt from the PPF to raise activity.
Look out people, a friendly competition is coming through!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 30
3/18/2011 16:03:31   
SIGMUND

Don't be ridiculous BWNocturne. I love it when there is activity on Paxia.
I'm not bashing the activity of the Contest I am just questioning the assumptions that are being made.

Firstly
A contest organised on another Forum should not expect to post here without some discussion occuring here.

Secondly
If it is just a friendly contest without rules, then no conclusions can be formed from the results.

You might as well say that you ran the contest over the last year and Unity Won by going from -110K to +6K

Thirdly
If there is a time rule but other rules are woolly..... then there should be even more discussion here until the rules are clear to everyone.

Without clear rules and clear participants there is no way to keep track of the Contest. Especially with at least three servers showing different numbers at the same time.

For a clear Contest the playing field should be equal. The number of participants should be equal.
Otherwise the contest is stacked in favour of the Clan with the most active members or allies.

Characters should clearly post who they are by id number. They should say who they will fight for.
They should post when they are starting.
They should also post when they finish.
They should also post how many kills they got.

These numbers can be confirmed from AQ stats and the House Battle stats tables and to some extent from the Experience and Gold that the character earned.

If those totals don't add up to the amount of change to the Clan numbers something else is happening......

If you just want to play and have fun on Paxia please go ahead ..... I am all for it.

Just don't make any conclusions from the "results" by saying this Clan won and that Clan lost....... because the Contest as it stands just isn't a true Contest.
AQ  Post #: 31
3/18/2011 16:18:32   
BWNocturne

It's a true contest, it's just not an official one. Your idea of 'posting every single thing that should be taken into account' will just ensure the preparations to last for ever without any competition actually happening. People do not count how many monsters they killed if they spend 2 hours on AQ. You might, but most others probably don't.
quote:

If those totals don't add up to the amount of change to the Clan numbers something else is happening......

Yes, another member from another clan might be helping the clan he favors. That's why the battles are all run on the same day. If not, than perhaps a member who doesn't visit the PPF or AEF could be defending. Did you take it into account that even if we post every single thing you mentioned, there still might be players out there who actually defend/attack in Paxia but do not post here? They would ruin all those beautiful numbers we have brought together anyway.
quote:

If you just want to play and have fun on Paxia please go ahead ..... I am all for it.

And that's exactly what we're doing here. We're organizing a little friendly competition amongst clans to show off their ability to rally up clan. Sure, there are clans who have less members than others. Does that mean we should sit by without doing anything? If Nautica has so active members, then they simply don't have to participate. If Dynami wins because they were fighting against Nocturu with 10 more members.. so be it. No, those numbers aren't official nor do they have to be taken seriously. The title of 'Winner' isn't official either. You do not have to acknowledge the one bearing the title, nor does anyone else. However, without there being any accurate methods of checking all the battles and numbers, this is as much as we're able to realize.

Edit: Anyway, you do not have to agree on it. But I ask a simple favor of both you and Theo. Both Wolfie and Drummy have said they probably won't be able to help defend Lucian. We've managed to defend Lucian quite a lot in the past. Let's just put that strength together again in this competition to show the rest of Paxia that Lucian is still around.

< Message edited by BWNocturne -- 3/18/2011 16:31:09 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 32
3/18/2011 16:36:12   
SIGMUND

I will be having fun by Playing AQ on Paxia. If there are more people there it will be interesting.

As usual for Guardians, I might just play on the Guardian Server.

I hope that everyone else also has fun playing AQ.
AQ  Post #: 33
3/18/2011 17:18:51   
theosenia

Excuse me for asking a question about HOW the pairs were picked,BWN! You may find it normal but I wanted to know how came that the 5th if I'm not mistaken clan right now, had to compete with BOTH the first n second in a matter of a few weeks...

Dread gave me an answer:
quote:

Tuss picked the clans with logic

Perhaps that's logical (?) but let me doubt the chances that this has to happen when/if pairing is trully RANDOM.That was/is MY point n I believe I'm entitled to question the "rules" or at least try to understand them before I make up my mind on whether I'll take part in smth or not...

EDIT: Also,
quote:

I ask a simple favor of both you and Theo

You don't really have to.I'm sure ALL the LUCIANS that r visiting here will cover up a couple of members of our clan that might not be able at the particular time to make it (which is natural n it could happen to anyone of us) n I'll be doing the best I can like I've done for the last 2 years.Just don't expect ME to accept terms like "loser",or anything...n I mean EVER!

< Message edited by theosenia -- 3/18/2011 17:28:09 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 34
3/18/2011 18:11:15   
BWNocturne

quote:

You may find it normal but I wanted to know how came that the 5th if I'm not mistaken clan right now, had to compete with BOTH the first n second in a matter of a few weeks...

Simple. That started as a competition between Leb and Wolfie, after which Dynami and Lucian were dragged into it. That wasn't a part of this competition, so the score of that time doesn't count towards this competition. And as this is an entirely different competition, we fight again. As all the clans who've shown interest in this will be fighting this weekend.

quote:

Perhaps that's logical (?) but let me doubt the chances that this has to happen when/if pairing is trully RANDOM.That was/is MY point n I believe I'm entitled to question the "rules" or at least try to understand them before I make up my mind on whether I'll take part in smth or not...

This time, all clans aren't participating yet. So Lucian would either get mixed up against Dynami, which we already fought last week so that would seem silly. Nocturu, but I stated that I didn't feel comfortable about competing with our allies. Or Glacius. We haven't competed against Glacius before, nor did anyone have a problem with Lucian vs Glacius. If, in the future, more clans will participate, the mix-up probably will be indeed completely random.

quote:

Just don't expect ME to accept terms like "loser",or anything...n I mean EVER!

Nor do I. That's why I want the remaining Lucians to fight as a team to make sure no one has a reason to think of us as losers.

< Message edited by BWNocturne -- 3/18/2011 18:12:04 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 35
3/18/2011 21:20:50   
137ben

Sig, I still fail to follow your explanation as to how this contest is unfair. Plenty of notice was given both on the PPF AND here. Not all the clans are in it because not all of them chose to participate. What the initial matchups are doesn't matter all that much. What specifically is unfair about this setup?
AQ  Post #: 36
3/18/2011 23:35:01   
DigDog

Just a quick reminder that the contest will start in about 30 minutes. In this first round of the tournament Dynami will be competing with Nocturu and Lucian will go versus Glacius.

The round will be going for 48 hours, which means the beginning scores will be taken in about 30 minutes the final scores will be taken at midnight between Sunday and Monday. Then the scores will be evaluated and the match-ups for next week will be determined.

Please remember that the scores will be taken on the Adventurer Server. That way we make sure that everyone can participate, even if they don't have a Guardian account. If you fight on the Guardian Server your wins might not appear on the score table of the Adventurer soon enough to count into this contest, due to slow server synchronisation. So if you're participating, please fight on the Adventurer Server. To do this, just use the "Play Free" button on the homepage instead of the "Existing Guardian Login" button. If you have a Guardian account you will still circumvent the server cap this way.

Good luck and have fun everyone!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 37
3/18/2011 23:40:42   
trans205

Wait, so we're going through with this? Had I not checked the Paxia forum I wouldn't have known this would be happening. Well, I'll be ready.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 38
3/18/2011 23:43:26   
DigDog

Why wouldn't we? I thought the first post of this thread, made 10 days ago, was pretty clear about it?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 39
3/19/2011 0:46:09   
Se7en
Helpful!

In short, the contest between Lucian and Glacius started?
AQ  Post #: 40
3/19/2011 0:57:14   
DigDog

No, in short for the next 48 hours Dynami will be competing with Nocturu and Lucian will go versus Glacius.

That's two fights at the same weekend to keep all clans busy and avoid the temptation to help some other clan to get a certain enemy in the next round.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 41
3/19/2011 1:04:52   
Se7en
Helpful!

In other words, the contest between Lucian and Glacius started. Isn't it?
AQ  Post #: 42
3/19/2011 1:08:35   
DigDog

Yes, but additionally to that the contest between Dynami and Nocturu started, too. In other words, the tournament started.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 43
3/19/2011 1:12:21   
Se7en
Helpful!

Okay, thanks for the confirmation. Was a bit confused after reading both the PFF and this thread.
AQ  Post #: 44
3/19/2011 1:13:05   
trans205

So, who's keeping score?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 45
3/19/2011 1:13:18   
DigDog

No problem, that's what we're here for. All questions shall be answered.

Score keeping was meant to be handled by Shadow Max and myself. Max sadly had something else to do at midnight, so I was the only one who took a screenshot of the scores at midnight.

In 48 hours we'll take another one and compare the scores.

< Message edited by DigDog -- 3/19/2011 1:14:49 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 46
3/19/2011 1:23:06   
Riffus Maximus

Fortunately, we planned a backup judge, who is DigDog, to handle such things if I ever was to be absent. Glad we decided to choose to have a second.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 47
3/19/2011 8:21:47   
SIGMUND

137ben. I just checked and no iIdid not say this weekend was unfair.

I did suggest a few ways in which the whole contest could be "fair". Obviously I did not think of all the ways the contest could be made "fair". Maybe you have some ideas?

Anyway if you play on Paxia this weekend I hope that you all have fun.

As usual I will be laughing my socks off.... now that we have the new Wizard Robes.
AQ  Post #: 48
3/19/2011 9:41:53   
Se7en
Helpful!

Is Lucian even defending? Their scores for this tournament is in the negatives so far. O.O
AQ  Post #: 49
3/19/2011 10:08:34   
SIGMUND

I think BWNocturne and Wolfie are supposed to be defending Lucian. At least I think they agreed to the contest on the PPF???

I do not participate there because some idiot impersonated me.
AQ  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Paxia Clans >> RE: Paxia Battle Contest!
Page 2 of 7«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition