Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Locked Server Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Locked Server Discussion
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/26/2011 21:36:16   
voidance

Well there is 2 problems with your 2 problems.
1. That extra money they are saving isnt going to be "more fund" its gonna be "more profit" which=Greed
2. Less server=more lag because it compacts 1500 people onto 2 servers instead of spreading it out within 4 servers.

< Message edited by voidance -- 3/26/2011 21:51:44 >

AQW Epic  Post #: 26
3/26/2011 22:12:48   
BlueKatz

quote:

1. That extra money they are saving isnt going to be "more fund" its gonna be "more profit" which=Greed

Who said they will use that money to have pizza night? I'm not rich, I know the value of money, if they can't use this here, they can use it there

Business is not about spend X money per month, you can spend any amount of money you need just to do something, 2 server seem small, but they are money, and money are not worthless. Saving small amount of money can lead to bigger plan

quote:

2. Less server=more lag because it compacts 1500 people onto 2 servers instead of spreading it out within 4 servers.

It's never that much, the fact 2 "side servers" only give around 200 each "at max" (mean for total, around 400-500)

Normally other 2 server, 1 full, one have only 300-400, plus and balance those 2 those server will be full and get their use right

just image like this, you have 4 boxes and you put your stuff there, you notice you can fut everything into 2 boxes, not spread around 4. What will u do, will you waste that much time just to bring 4 more boxed half empty on a vacation?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 27
3/26/2011 22:57:40   
voidance

quote:

Business is not about spend X money per month
LOL your joking right?

quote:

just image like this, you have 4 boxes and you put your stuff there, you notice you can fut everything into 2 boxes, not spread around 4. What will u do, will you waste that much time just to bring 4 more boxed half empty on a vacation?

This isnt Vacation pumpkin. Besides imagine if those boxes can only handle so much b4 they will break.(meaning after a certain point, servers tend to get laggy if they are full or "compacted") So yea keep feeding the troll, im loving this.

And to back my point up, many people have been complaining about being kicked,battles failing to start, and not being able to preform certain task they could b4 the server lock.
AQW Epic  Post #: 28
3/26/2011 23:08:57   
BlueKatz

quote:

This isnt Vacation pumpkin. Besides imagine if those boxes can only handle so much b4 they will break

If they break, you have 2 more...dude, where the hell is your imagination

quote:

LOL your joking right?

Yes, yes I am.
X in this case is not variable, it's static, just in case you misunderstand it
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 29
3/26/2011 23:10:29   
Vallica
Banned

At least the battles start faster...
Epic  Post #: 30
3/26/2011 23:31:56   
voidance

@Blue
We can disagree all day, the point being the real reason wasnt to stop dummying it was to save money, so quit Brown nosing, Boot licking, or w/e you wanna call it. Oh and by all means please show me when/if it ever happens where this extra money they will be saving goes to help the game.

@Vallica
Why does it say Banned under your name, clearly you arnt banned on Forums or epicduel, so whats it mean.

< Message edited by voidance -- 3/26/2011 23:32:38 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 31
3/26/2011 23:53:15   
Larcell

@ Voidance

Looks like it's a bug in the forums. The admins need to fix that.

Epic  Post #: 32
3/27/2011 0:01:02   
BlueKatz

what with saving money? Tell me if you support more money than that "saving", surely you can give them 400, but who care? They get more benefit from 2 whole servers

You pretty much just arguing without pointing out anything beside your own purpose, why don't you keep arguing about the box and server crash or if you can't bite this you bite that? Stop being smart by doggy seeking on flaw
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 33
3/27/2011 0:21:08   
voidance

Sigh now i gotta make a list
1. We got enough people pointing out the few good things about update's, we cant just look at the positives and not the negatives. Which i did, i pointed out this updates one good Pro, making dummying much harder, then i pointed out its several Con's.
2. No clue what you mean by pointing out my own purpose, only thing i have talk about is the updates and my thoughts on what their reasons might be.
3. No i havent spent 400, more like 200-300, but thats besides the point, in the end the savings/profits will be much more then 400.
4. Your asking a troll to argue you about something?(didnt understand that part either)

Oh and all your doing is turning this topic into Voidance VS BlueKatz thoughts on Server lock update.
AQW Epic  Post #: 34
3/27/2011 0:22:59   
TankMage

I'm still tied up on whether or not I like this update, on one hand were restricted and can't have our freedom to have fun on the other 3 servers whereas on the other hand I find a fight every single time I click the 1v1 button now.

< Message edited by TankMage -- 10/10/2012 6:21:51 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 35
3/27/2011 0:27:14   
voidance

Indeed, im glad you view the game same way i do but no use speaking to him. Hes a uh....hmm...whats the word...oh yea a lapdog!
AQW Epic  Post #: 36
3/27/2011 0:29:07   
vliegs

About the saving money thing...I'm skeptical to those that are calling it out from the standpoint of an IT professional who's job for the past 4 years has been justifying server costs based on resource demand from databases, websites and applications. If they already have the servers from the umpteen months that they've been running before now, then that's not really saving that any money at all by locking established servers that are already owned. However, if that's even part of the justification for the new feature, it's stupid and useless as it's a penny pinching method at best as doing so doesn't save enough money to make any sort of nominal difference in a department's budget.

I do view this feature as a major roadblock to all those that have stated various valid gameplay reasons to using the lesser populated servers in this and a couple other threads. So if I want to everyone to be at an ED GLADIATORS faction meeting on a set day and time, I'd better friggin' hope they can all get on the same server at the designated time before it's full and they have to try umpteen million times to get on that one server b/c it's full but the less used ones are locked so we can't designate them for the meeting location. Thereby delaying or disrupting the meeting in a big way when people across all times zones in the faction are making an effort to be online to attend the meeting at the set time. Thereby wasting all of our time and making the meeting look like a joke. Thanks. A lot.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
3/27/2011 0:33:07   
BlueKatz

quote:

@blue ... you think we pay to have 2/4 servers? They're getting incredibly money hungry now days without releasing anything worth paying for. Fame? Honestly. Bazaar not open? (It was supposed to be released a month ago) I can keep at this all day..

u must be joking, you grow server from tree nowadays?
Well, I don't say anything about Fame though

pretty much voidance just keep scamming me for his own self, well scare of flipped anyways. I never say it's a great idea or super good, I point out the use of it and I like it, I find it has more use than bad, that's all and you keep telling me like I mini mod or defense Ed or what the heck ever.

Why the heck you are troll anyways? If that's your face I can understand, but if it's just your mind then I can't, I just can't image why one earth there's someone that thick head, "it" can't even understand what I want to point and talk about
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 38
3/27/2011 0:41:10   
voidance

I have had a hard time this whole time trying to under stand your points
quote:

pretty much voidance just keep scamming me for his own self, well scare of flipped anyways.
Like i said b4 all i have talked about is the update.

You must not know what a lapdog is, when i referd to you as a lapdog wasnt calling you a minimod i was saying your one of those Fanboys that support Ed's updates no matter what they are.

I already answered that question, rarely anyone ever points out the flaws, and + i enjoy it. Not my fault you dont see it the same way i do.

PS: I'm getting back on epicduel so dont expect a answer on your next post for atleast another 2-3 hours.

< Message edited by voidance -- 3/27/2011 0:45:00 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 39
3/27/2011 0:47:38   
BlueKatz

lol I guess u never read my post before (also I pretty much think mini mod = defense ED = fanboy anyways) I never agree everything ED do, in fact I pretty much find ton of flws in them

But WHAT I MEAN (bah, read this darn) that i read a lot of complaining on this thread, so when I post (my first post) i point out that it has a lot of use and I just simple can't understand why you guys can't pass a simple selfish goods like having a non lag server to party and can't see we can take advance of that update, I don't really know how big or small it is, but simple it has advance and you still can't deny it.

AFTER that you jump in and put on my face 2 problems, I answer them, and since i reallllly afraid that you can't even image how server work (at least... base on how you talk)

then you start calling me fanboy or whatever

PS: don't worry, having lunch, so later talk

< Message edited by BlueKatz -- 3/27/2011 0:48:14 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 40
3/27/2011 1:35:32   
TankMage

@blue
quote:

I just simple can't understand why you guys can't pass a simple selfish goods like having a non lag server to party

Selfish? I wouldn't consider it selfishness to have something pulled away from players without us knowing and have a few people who don't want to complain, however I see where your coming from.

< Message edited by TankMage -- 10/10/2012 6:23:49 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 41
3/27/2011 1:44:15   
BlueKatz

Well, I bet you guys think I like don't know what private server is like, I had few ground this and that, I don't really mind if you can't talk in a crawly place because there's always place for you guys to go (clan house, this and that place, not like Oz is the only place you can go)

I guess people will complain about my compare, but look at AQW, in PTR it's like a "private server" too when it shut down a lot of people complain too, especially PvPer like me, like "no play ground, no queuing" each, people can throw a lot of reasons anyways, I been though that.

The problem is not they cut away your playground, it's how you deal with the situation, I see enough people quit right after that without trying and yes, I also see people who did try. I can say ED system is way more open and easier to hand, and sadly you guy can't find a good solution

Or maybe, I am posting too soon? maybe after time, you guy will say "it was good" but however you guys can already build another community
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 42
3/27/2011 2:28:06   
TankMage

-

< Message edited by TankMage -- 10/10/2012 6:19:35 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 43
3/27/2011 2:46:49   
BlueKatz

What I mean you guys can try to find and organize another "group" if you have problem, seriously what wrong with locking a server, tell me what you do in a "nowhere" server, then I can start reply without confuse you

And ya, I am not that good in English, or maybe I really can't put my point in your head, that my fault then
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 44
3/27/2011 3:21:26   
drinde

Why not just lock Battle icons instead of whole Server if the point is to stop Dummying?

< Message edited by drinde -- 3/27/2011 3:22:01 >
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 45
3/27/2011 4:36:11   
TankMage

@blue , we can't organize another "group" the servers are locked, The chances of getting your friends in a 2 v 2 on Epic or doom is extremely low. World 7 oz is just stupid at the moment can't look without seeing someone say "fame for fame." Theres nowhere to relax anymore thats lag free. Because the servers are overloaded they all lag now.

< Message edited by ED_TankMage -- 3/27/2011 4:54:05 >

AQ Epic  Post #: 46
3/27/2011 4:40:03   
wario the great

the server defo have to be unlocked i always go on there for peace and to 2v2 with my friends but now i cant + when i log in it isnt tht good to see 2 servers locked which makes me feel i have no choice but to go on epic and exile

The Real Zeal! xD
Once A Mage Always A Mage: Zeal Overlord My Character Page! xD
My Youtube Channel! xD
AQW Epic  Post #: 47
3/27/2011 6:52:09   
voidance

Are you sure your the one that doesnt know what your talking about, i see alot of "@Blue's" and they arnt supporting comments, They are people disagreeing with you and as i can tell you were the only that disagreed with me so yea....Your all about Pros/Cons and tbh the Cons are by far outweighing the Pros.(which is really just a pro since the update only brought one good but useless improvement)

Oh and yea glad to see im not the only one that was having a hard time understanding his grammer.

< Message edited by voidance -- 3/27/2011 16:18:04 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 48
3/27/2011 10:27:59   
BlueKatz

Ya... I don't understand mine when I re-read sometime, yo ucan try speak other language, maybe we can understand better, if that's what you mean

about 2vs2, it's random, yes, but possible, I personally don't mind that since I got a lot of randomness already, get used to that anyways

so, bingo 1 con, what's next? we got 3 pros to beat anyways
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 49
3/27/2011 12:14:22   
vliegs

quote:

What I mean you guys can try to find and organize another "group" if you have problem, seriously what wrong with locking a server, tell me what you do in a "nowhere" server, then I can start reply without confuse you

Quite a few people who are not in direct argument with you have already stated in this thread and a couple others what they do. You are too busy focusing on arguing about nothing with a select few in this thread to pay attention to the topic at hand.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Locked Server Discussion
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition