Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Locked Server Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Locked Server Discussion
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/27/2011 16:59:59   
BloodRainbow

locking the servers does absolutely nothin to stop dummying. dummyers will just do what theyve always been doing. jump to a random persons house and do ther battles there
Epic  Post #: 51
3/27/2011 17:12:14   
Shadronica

Well I have just posted my thoughts in an ED fan forum as I was busy helping my faction with WD and in actual fact when I saw Ashari's post here it embraced my thoughts even down to the words.

Open the servers for the obvious reasons.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 52
3/27/2011 17:14:03   
TankMage

@Blue, I'd find it very hard at the moment to find a couple of friends for and time it well for a friendly 2v2 which is one of the negatives of this update.

< Message edited by TankMage -- 10/10/2012 6:26:44 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 53
3/27/2011 17:15:01   
Wraith

God, BlueKatz.

Seriously, mini-modding means like (lock this please when u arent starter, he has something wrong delete that, etc)

Also, what the heck is a new group? Do you mean like starting a new game? A Palringo room? What do you mean?
quote:

tell me what you do in a "nowhere" server, then I can start reply without confuse you

Well, Doom is far from a nowhere server.

• We have parties and tournaments there.
  • We NPC there without lag
  • Also, it is not no where since all 4 ED servers are in a place called DELTA V. Wait, doesn't that mean the last 5? (Delta=Greek last letter, V=Roman 5)
  • There is always like...2-50 players on.
  • AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 54
    3/27/2011 20:10:28   
    The Game
    Pegasus Overlord

Okay, let's not get too testy here. If you disagree with something that was said, please address what was said, not the person. It's okay to point out who said what you are disagreeing with, but please do not go further than that. Snide comments about your fellow ED players are not permitted on these forums.
    AQ  Post #: 55
    3/28/2011 1:49:36   
    BlueKatz

quote:

Quite a few people who are not in direct argument with you have already stated in this thread and a couple others what they do. You are too busy focusing on arguing about nothing with a select few in this thread to pay attention to the topic at hand.

I actually posted in my first post, and other posts simply just replies to other people which talking to me

@other

Yes I did tried to get in with 3 players, it take a pretty long while and I even have to get 1 more player so when he got into 2vs2 we can join 2vs2 in safety. I don't say it's not a problem, I say we can deal with it, even take time

About lag, honestly I don't know much because I never see huge different there, maybe it's my computer or just my zone, time... I find it small, also now on crowed server I find it's way faster than before, personally I feel great

quote:

We have parties and tournaments there.

ya, that's what I mean "new group", switch location
    AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 56
    3/28/2011 2:09:35   
    voidance

quote:

I don't say it's not a problem, I say we can deal with it
    Yea lets just "deal with it" everytime theirs a garbage update, "that will sure show the Dev's that we hate the updates!". Oh and if that was too hard for you to understand, that second part was sarcasim.
    AQW Epic  Post #: 57
    3/28/2011 2:17:32   
    BlueKatz

bah! What else you can do? stand here and complain for the rest of your life? Honestly I doubt ED team even care, Why? because you guys are just a small amount of the game, and staff hardly know much about you guys, the fact that many people 1/can't contact them 2/ go for other forum

I post just because I'm tired of the way people dealing, just like the AQW community did, so I post just to make people rethink of their actions, sadly, I'm not a talker, what I said just for people to insult and offense my grammar
    AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 58
    3/28/2011 2:48:24   
    voidance

No one was offending, not our fault its hard to understand your grammar. We were just pointing it out.
    AQW Epic  Post #: 59
    3/28/2011 2:50:56   
    BlueKatz

you guy point too deeply I can say -.- I heard a lot of people' saying about my grammar but non of them really that pointy
    AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 60
    3/28/2011 3:12:58   
    voidance

They should atleast leave one of the 2 servers open.

Oh had hard time understanding what you ment by that last post but if you were saying my comment was worse then rest, Thanks!
    AQW Epic  Post #: 61
    3/28/2011 5:24:19   
    TankMage

-

< Message edited by TankMage -- 10/10/2012 6:25:40 >

AQ Epic  Post #: 62
    3/28/2011 5:27:57   
    BlueKatz

^ It's pretty much AE style, Forum post have like little to no meaning (unless you post in AQ and DF board)

I pretty much fail to understand voidance, so oh well
    AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 63
    3/28/2011 5:35:51   
    TankMage

-

< Message edited by TankMage -- 10/10/2012 6:25:12 >

AQ Epic  Post #: 64
    3/28/2011 5:41:46   
    BlueKatz

^ lol if you ask I'm here for DF (the staffs are nice) and AQW (people can't answer questions right there so I'm nut) ED is a place I like to walk pass and *cough* troll

and well, ya, that's what I think, or at least it has very little effect, prove me wrong by making staffs remove this feature then :3 everyone will be happy, include me
    AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 65
    3/28/2011 6:00:35   
    zenix

I want legion and doom reopened
    Points for this were told by many, i could only repeat.
    Post #: 66
    3/28/2011 6:09:39   
    Arcanis

What worries me most,is that i really don't remember when some update was that much badly accepted,with so many comments on the downside of it.
    And yet i either missed it or none of devs still didn't give their opinion of it. I do understand that they might be short on time,but they might reconsider doing
    something,because when you see that much people really.relly,REALLY dislike it,you should be able to tell something has hit the fan,and it ain't cookie.
    AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 67
    3/28/2011 6:17:47   
    TankMage

-

< Message edited by TankMage -- 10/10/2012 6:24:43 >

AQ Epic  Post #: 68
    3/28/2011 10:41:29   
    voidance

LOL talk about no life, atleast when i troll the forums its a game i play and not something just to waste peoples time. Thats pathetic.

< Message edited by voidance -- 3/28/2011 10:45:56 >
    AQW Epic  Post #: 69
    3/28/2011 10:54:56   
    BlueKatz

Well, I still play, but I don't waste life on it, that's 2 completely different things *sigh* and you guys call me fanboy before, oddly *chuck* guess people never double check what they say nowadays

I fail to see what you expect on this Forum, play and discuss is what we got, trolling staff and making some kind of wish list is not
    AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 70
    3/28/2011 11:04:44   
    voidance

Um last time i checked this is called a Discussion, what staff has any of us talked to in this thread, and no one is making a wish list, we are just pointing out the flaws in the update. Your gonna have to come up with something better then that. Oh and when i mentioned the no life thing wasnt talking about you playing the game, you said
    quote:

^ lol if you ask I'm here for DF (the staffs are nice) and AQW (people can't answer questions right there so I'm nut) ED is a place I like to walk pass and *cough* troll
    and the way you worded it, you basicly said that you play DragonFable and AdventureQuest Worlds, but you come to here to troll. Ile try not to use big words so you can keep up.
    AQW Epic  Post #: 71
    3/28/2011 11:14:07   
    BlueKatz

well, you guys pretty much digging flaws and can't see the big picture, that's not my fault anyways
    darn it! you guy must think everything properly?

I will say this again because I find you guys simple ignore my point (and focus on my words): what the point of pointing out the flaws and discuss if you can't find a solution? what are u doing here? Wasting your life just to complain?

That's the question, I can't understand what you trying to say here, about the update or about you can't understand my way of thinking, it's clear, but people just pick on flaws
    AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 72
    3/28/2011 11:32:01   
    voidance

I gave my thoughts on the update, Mentioned its 1 pro and several Cons, and Suggested opening just one of the 2 back up. So its not only complaining, I mentioned its one good thing and what might help to solve the problem. Oh and if any of the words were to big or you dont understand the correct meaning just make a list under your next post and ile try to dumb em up for you.(Meaning simplify it for you if you dont know what "dumb em up" means)

Edit:
    Going to sleep pumpkin, we can talk later. Oh and pumpkin is a food, didnt want you thinking too hard trying to figure out what it ment.

< Message edited by voidance -- 3/28/2011 11:36:22 >
    AQW Epic  Post #: 73
    3/28/2011 11:46:29   
    BlueKatz

eh, I give my thought on update, pointing 1 con and few pros and suggest people thinking some solutions for the pro

so? what you guys want to complain about again? my speech, feel free to PM me about that, grammar nazi is always welcomed, I am a student, advices are needed, but if you dig the flaw and can't understand my point, it's different story, you have no right to judge something u don't know, that's just a fact

pumpkin? well you can tell staff about that and they won't add any of them on weapon, my friend keep saying "eat this" though
    AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 74
    3/28/2011 11:55:53   
    vliegs

Back to the friggin' POINT of this thread.

I wonder if they're using an F5 device to do the load balancing with some irules between the 4 web servers. Or a similar load balancing product. If so, still doesn't make all that much sense to lock the servers until the load blaancer detects that the first two are full and needs to activate another and then another one to catch up with the volume. I mean I understand it technically with whatever load balancing device is being used. Just don't understand the intent behind implementing this. The servers still have to sit there powered on and ready to go so that as soon as the irule detects the increase in volume needing another server, the next server can be flipped active or unlocked asap. That's not generating a huge amount of costs savings for anybody as the servers still have to be online all the time just waiting for an increase in volume to be handled with by another web server joining the pool used for load balancing.

< Message edited by vliegs -- 3/28/2011 11:57:15 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 75
    Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Locked Server Discussion
    Page 3 of 4<1234>
    Jump to:

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition