Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Locked Server Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Locked Server Discussion
Page 4 of 4<1234
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/28/2011 15:56:12   
voidance

It doesnt wait till the first 2 are full, once Exile hits 600 people it unlocks Legion.
AQW Epic  Post #: 76
3/28/2011 16:16:15   
vliegs

Ok, I didn't pay that close attention to when the volume threshold is hit. STILL begs the question, why put it on the load balancing? The reasons stated in the design notes are paltry and for show at best.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 77
3/28/2011 18:00:14   
Shadronica

Agreed Vliegs there is no way that our admin is EVER going to stop piloting and as for dummying I would have thought it would be easier to pick it up on a less populated server. I do find the reasons given for closing those servers an insult to our intelligence.
No thought went into the fact that the other servers are used for tournaments or that new players might want to look around without all the annoyance of other players trying to battle a lower lvl player or even that doing NPC's on those servers causes much less lag.
I feel that this forum isolates our admin from the needs of the community.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 78
3/28/2011 18:17:19   
voidance

The way i see it is, They either need to reopen the locked servers or take the extra time out to build a tournament system, allow players to do 2v2 challenge request, and basicly anything else that was much much easier to do on low population servers.
AQW Epic  Post #: 79
3/28/2011 19:35:56   
Giras Wolfe

Nightwraiths reasoning for locking the servers is extremely weak. And it has so many consequences. Low level of lag while farming NPCs or holding tournaments and partys? Gone. Organized 2v2 hanging out or tournaments? Gone. Getting away from masses of noobs? Gone.

They're sacrificing an important and useful feature to save money. I wish they just had the guts to admit that.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 80
3/28/2011 19:54:02   
Sparticus

I have to be honest here and say if I were a new player to ED and logged in to see 2 of the 4 servers locked out my first thought would be this game is weak. What kind of game closes its doors during the middle of the day? It's like closing the store if no customers are there. Chances are it doesn't save that much money or bandwidth and it just looks pathetic. Open the servers and stop "cheaping out" on the paying customers.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 81
3/28/2011 21:13:30   
Luna_moonraider

i find this idea to be useless and it does not speed up my game play at all if aqw can run loads of server at 1 go why cant ed. are u that cheapo to not run just 4 server and stop giving us reason that it reduce lag cause it does not. diverting noobs to the main server is dumb. y because it 1) makes u get useless partners in 2v2, 2) teher is no tutorial to help these people so tehy would still be clue less as i said a the game feed back thread if they can pun in a link to a video of FORGING *INSERT SOME VARIUM SWORD OR WEAPON* y cant they insert a. tutorial video a tutorial would solve the problem of noobs hanging in doom trying to find a battle. furthermore a tutorial video would solve a lot more problems. locking of the server is not a good way to do so. If ed is so cheapo why not just tell it straight in our faces instead of giving some weak reasons.

< Message edited by Luna_moonraider -- 3/28/2011 21:23:49 >

AQW Epic  Post #: 82
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Locked Server Discussion
Page 4 of 4<1234
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition