Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= 05.13.11 War Stories and Poetry Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: =DF= 05.13.11 War Stories and Poetry Discussion
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/27/2011 20:43:47   
Mortarion

I read it Necro, Include me in the next chapter plis :P

If you'r having so much fun Mrithy, then make another chapter XD

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 51
5/27/2011 23:21:21   
Mritha
Legendary AdventureGuide!

*grins* hahaha I just might Mort, I think I have an idea after playing the latest quest :)

And I would like to remind you all to please edit your posts in the submissions thread, rather than make a new post for your latest chapter or story/poem :)

< Message edited by Mritha -- 6/1/2011 13:45:25 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 52
5/28/2011 20:06:45   

Finally put my story up, I'll put the other Arcs up later.
Back to War for me.

Good luck on your writing and fighting everyone.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 53
5/29/2011 2:39:07   
Stelios

Just put up my short story. 100% thought up in a English lesson. But based on the current DF war.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 54
6/1/2011 13:32:27   
Sir Tainly

Ah, I'm going to have fun with this. I just put up a little teaser for my story. Hope you all like it.

If it is well received, I'll add some more. Since I can't stand writing from the first person, I'll be writing his story in the third.

Also, if any of my fellow storytellers would share their characters with me, I'd be very happy. By that, I of course mean their characters would show up in my story, and whatnot. Of course, please tell me if you wish to see your characters in my story, as I am quite averse to stealing other people's work. If possible, please give me personality traits so I can keep your characters as consistent to your image of them as possible. Also, feel free to use Sir Tainly in any of your stories. I certainly don't mind. Heh, I'm hilarious.

I just realized, I need a "Hero." Since Sir Tainly doesn't take the place of the Hero in my story, I need someone to fill that role.

Just added a bit more to the story, a beginning to the story. Not much occurred yet, but it's a start.

Please do not double post as it is considered spam, use the Edit button if you have more to say. :)
~Mritha

Of course, I apologize for that. I didn't know much of the forums when I double posted.

Edited my story a bit today, mostly just aesthetics. I apologize for not writing at all the past few days, but I'll make up for it with a few chapters soon. Please be patient; Tainly's story is not done yet!

< Message edited by Sir Tainly -- 6/8/2011 16:21:21 >
AQW  Post #: 55
6/1/2011 20:19:25   
Question Mark?

Does anyone like my story? I've added quite a bit and I'm hoping for some creative criticism...

quote:

Sleeping?

I stand, facing the oncoming threat. Darkness whistles its way up my spine. I look onward for a moment, and I feel the ice-cold amulet pulsate and constrict about my neck. I stroke it, and will it to calm, as something moist writhes about the corner of my mouth. I smile softly, and my back empties out in a fantastic explosion of blood and metal. Gleaming in the moonlight are a pair of clockwork wings, with flecks of my blood adding a sort of macabre beauty to them. Upon my head sits an ancient helmet, supposedly a relic of my ancient ancestors, but I know that it is much, much more. As is swing my scythe forward, feeling it pulsate and writhe in my hands, watching the red lightning race up and down my fingertips, slightly singing them as it does so, I can hear it whispering in some eldritch tounge into my ears, compelling me to do horrible things. I put down my scythe, and contemplate the reanimate corpse in front of me. I think about its hopes and dreams, it thoughts and beliefs, its family. I swing my scythe at the nearest warrior, who was until now attempting to hold off the invasion. "OFF WITH HIS HEAD!" His head falls onto the ground, and I lift it onto my shoulders, as if I am carrying a small child. I have truly gone mad. I screamed, and I felt the cacophany of voices rise in a malevolent creschendo, assaulting my eardrums with their eldritch whispers. I swung my scythe wildly, not caring who I struck down. Is I ran, trailing madness in my wake, I felt a firm hand upon my shoulder. The commander of the defense forces stared into my eyes. -----------, this is the town that you were swron to protect! You took an oath! Think of the citizens, their families! BEHOLD WHAT YOU HAVE WROUGHT! He gestured out onto the battlefield, where I observed the corpses of my friends, who had stood by me since the beginning. for a moment, I faltered, who was I to take them away from their families, to pry them away from their homes? Then I remembered. I remembered how they had done the same to the skeletons who stood before them. They thought that they were doing these creatures a great honor by destroying them, that they would finally be free or some such rubbish. They heard stories of the underworld, brought back by some insolent dragon girl, and assumed them to be true. I had been there. That wasn't death. That was only a sort of cosmic "waiting area." You lingered there until you were sure that you had nowhere else to go. You saw your oppertunities being eaten up by the sands of time until, eventually, not even your familiy cared any more, and you became a distant memory, lost but not forgotten. Well, mostly forgotten. When you were done, and you could suffer no more, you were taken to the abyss. The abyss has no space, no time, no reality. Once you are there, the electrical impulses that make up your "spirit" mean nothing. They lack all context. There could be an entire civilization there, entoumbed for ever within a never ending void. THAT is death. I looked at the commander. I stared directly into his eyes, and I saw only ignorence and unfeeling. Even if he knew, he couldn't care less. I won't go into the details of what happened. When the others foudn him, I had rendered him physically what he was mentally. His heart lay next to him on the floor. He hadn't really needed it. Finally, I sat crumpled in the corner of the tower, singing softly to my self, trying to figure out what it was that I had done.

"I don't want you to be alone down there to be alone down there to be alone... I don't want you to be alone down there to be alone down there to be alone... I don't want you to be alone down there to be alone down there to be alone...I don't want you to be alone down there to be alone down there to be alone... I don't want you to be alone down there to be alone down there to be alone... I don't want you to be alone down there to be alone down there to be alone... I don't want you to be alone down there to be alone down there to be alone..."

The guardians came upon me later, lying huddled there, blood trickling from the corner of my mouth, my hands singed where I had tried to pry the helmet off. they carried me off and laid me gently down, afraid of what I might do if they attempted to kill me in my sleep. I opened my eyes and looked about. I saw the room within the inn where I had rested the night before. At first I was sceptical, but everything was the same. Had it been a dream? If it wasn't, what was the difference anyway? It's not like we can tell which one is "real." Each are equally real as they occur. Pleased with myself, I returned to sleep. Later, they found my body, singed and broken, in the corner of the tower, dripping with blood. They said that I had wandered off, dazed, and fallen asleep there after meeting the commander. I never woke up.

-Question Mark? Lord of the Frozen
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 56
6/1/2011 23:08:37   
Sir Tainly

That's well written, ?, but since it's late I unfortunately can't give a full review right now. I like how our respective characters have opposite elements since Sir Tainly will gain the power of fire later on. I apologize for any spoilers for my story.

Ah, I'm having so much fun with this storytelling! Mritha, thanks for giving me the opportunity, and I eagerly await feedback on what I have now. Unfortunately, I predict mine will be the longest story, not even including the pictures. But I guess that's fine. Hope you guys like it!

Please do not use your signature more than once per page :)
~Mritha

Duly noted.

< Message edited by Sir Tainly -- 6/8/2011 16:21:07 >
AQW  Post #: 57
6/2/2011 13:30:56   
Mritha

@Sir Tainly, haha length is no problem at all :) and Eukara Vox is the one you should be thanking, the war story threads was her idea :)

Wow you guys are so creative! I am having so much fun reading all your works :)

I have a great idea involving Mritha and her Warthog, though I'm having a serious case of writers block and can't think of a good way to implement it lol
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 58
6/2/2011 16:49:33   
Kinzdor

I have put off wirteing the next chapter for far too long! Prepare for the longest chapter ever! It will be the longest because as you know i add a new chapter when there is a update like a boss fight or something! So 100,Dargsvard, The Lady are going into one big chapter! Also Sir Tailnley i love your story! Do you need any more info on my chars personality!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 59
6/2/2011 20:57:12   
Sir Tainly

Thanks, kinzvlle. Since the Hero plays only a small part in my story, I need to know how your character reacted to certain news, like how he responded to Elysia, as well as the battle with the war beast. Also, could you give me the word that best describes his personality? And also how he would communicate with a low rank knight, like Tainly.

Also, I've decided against using pictures in my story besides the title one. After all, what kind of author would I be if I couldn't make people see the setting without pictures?

< Message edited by Sir Tainly -- 6/2/2011 21:00:23 >
AQW  Post #: 60
6/2/2011 21:44:08   
Kinzdor

Just edited my post with chapter 6 what do you guys think? Also Tailny If you mean how he respond to Elysia saying that the Lady had died then he was very sad they were good friends! For the War Beast he was happy he got a challenge he likes those ! One word for for his personally would be Honorable! He would be kind to Tainly he is kind to all!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 61
6/2/2011 23:27:56   
Sir Tainly

Right then, I think I can work with that. Thanks for that, seems like I have all I need to continue my story, well except for one thing. To be sure, he's wearing paladin armor, right? And also, I could use physical features like hair color, eye color, etc.

< Message edited by Sir Tainly -- 6/2/2011 23:34:12 >
AQW  Post #: 62
6/3/2011 16:21:24   
Kinzdor

ya he wearing paladin! Snow white hair, blue eyes, scar over right eye, and his hands are covers in scars!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 63
6/3/2011 21:46:30   
Lady_Dragonrider

Chapter 5 added, it is getting harder to keep up with the story. I'm sure it has a few mistakes, but I am too sleepy to find them tonight.
DF  Post #: 64
6/5/2011 0:04:28   
Kinzdor

Ok chapter 7 is out!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 65
6/7/2011 20:51:48   
Cataclysm
The fanciest of moustaches

Just pounded out my prologue. Sorry it's so short (only about 2 pages), I know I normally write more, but I dislike the Master of Flames character I started off with. Didn't have much material with him. I'll update it probably sometime in the next week.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 66
6/8/2011 20:24:59   
Mritha

The warthog returns! Just added a new chapter to my war story and I tried to make it humorus, so heres hoping I get a few laughs! *is also hoping she didn't make it too cheesy...*
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 67
6/8/2011 20:33:28   
Mortarion

What the heck means cheesy?, Mrithy mind if I can be in your next war chapter story?, I hope you do a third one aswell ;)

< Message edited by Mortarion -- 6/8/2011 20:42:40 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 68
6/8/2011 21:03:33   
Mritha

Cheesy is like a failed attempt at being funny. The third chapter is already written, it is just in my notebook and I have to type it up before I can post it. And as for adding new people.......it really depends. When I thought about using the warthog in this story I needed two people for the side and gunner seat. I knew Silver Xoven and Draketh would fit perfectly because they both share my love of Halo which is why I chose them. IF I add more forum members, I will choose them the same way, though maybe with different requirements depending on what I want to happen.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 69
6/8/2011 21:10:13   
Mortarion

Oh so there is little chance that I may be in the third war chapter?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 70
6/8/2011 21:23:49   
Shadow Ravena
Paladin of Shadows

@Mortarion HEY, what happened to your new chapter anyways?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 71
6/8/2011 21:28:09   
Mortarion

Works clogg my life, I am doing an art essay in this moment
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 72
6/8/2011 22:16:56   
Cataclysm

@Mritha: Cheesy isn't necessarily a failed attempt at being funny. Cheesy can be good, too.

Anyway, posted Chapter 1 of my story. It's longer, and I do have a rather lengthy monologue essentially restating the events of the war (you can skip over those if you'd like, it's about a page in length). I mostly needed this to kill off my first character (Master of Flames) and introduce the character I actually have background material on (Cataclysm). I sincerely hope you enjoy it.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 73
6/8/2011 22:41:21   
Kinzdor

Good job Cataclysmic! Also Mirthra has a good story as normal! Wonder what other surprises that Warthog has in store! Any constructive criticism on my story so far? Also i have a idea in mind might post a new chapter today!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 74
6/9/2011 23:08:30   
Cataclysm

Aaaand Part Two is up. It DOUBLES the length of my story (seven pages). I almost copped out on the fight scene, but I had it be a bit action-y. I still kinda copped out. Normally, I go into more extreme details for each creature killed, but in this case, I decided, since I had over one hundred... Yeah, you get dozens killed quickly.

Though, I did kinda cop out in the first mob of skeletons... But it at least introduced one of his powers that you wouldn't be aware of unless you read my other story (Treasure Hoard of Alquemadia War).
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: =DF= 05.13.11 War Stories and Poetry Discussion
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition