Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: New DN's - Juggernaut 2.0!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: New DN's - Juggernaut 2.0!
Page 7 of 13«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/17/2011 21:07:19   
One Winged Angel1357

Buffy Fame is to show appreciation for our players from our players sadly it didnt turn out that way and even sadder you couldnt figure out the Devs were trying to give the Community a reason to support the community
quote:

However, this was never our intention in introducing Fame- we’d anticipated that it would bring recognition to some of our best and friendliest players. In light of that, we’d like to turn the spotlight to one such player: Elf Priest Jzaanu, whose YouTube Channel features battle, weapon and armor demos, NPC strategy videos, and general videos that act as Public Service Announcements for the EpicDuel community. Jzaanu has always been friendly and helpful as long as I’ve known her in-game, and is one of our more diligent players.

Theres my proof for fame were is your against fame

Rating points is a way to judge yourself for a F2P 4 stars is a great achievment for a major P2P like yourself your goal should be seven stars or six stars if you want to head down that path

Both of which had a point a way to check your skill and a way to check your standing in the community which does help in the long term
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 151
5/17/2011 21:07:20   
Nexus...

@cindy

The point is, and really I have reiterated this many times, this "exclusive test" should not have been Varium based. Maybe if you had lowered the price by 80% or so their would not have been as much outrage, but NEVER did you have ANY reason to make it 1200 Varium. There are many different ways you could have tested this feature without Varium.

1) Battle tokens
2) Fame?
3) Wins
4) Reputation
5) Beta Players
6) Founders

And more!

However you insist that this premium Varium based test was mandatory in developing the system. I think you and I both know Cinderella, that their were many other options that would have lead to a more constructive and welcoming response.

Money makes the world go round.

EpicE4
Epic  Post #: 152
5/17/2011 21:10:49   
helloguy

Is it true that the All-time Juggernaut is gonna be the 1vs1 badge as well?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 153
5/17/2011 21:14:47   
Nexus...

yessirr.

Confirmed by multiple mods.
Epic  Post #: 154
5/17/2011 21:21:00   
goldslayer1

quote:

However you insist that this premium Varium based test was mandatory in developing the system. I think you and I both know Cinderella, that their were many other options that would have lead to a more constructive and welcoming response.

thats why u coiuld only play HS alpha if ur a member in aqw
AGAIN PREMIUM TESTING. the server for HS were new so they had to limit the ammount of players. a good way was to make it by being mems of another game only. this way the servers didn't crash, HS tested their phase, and the people who played gave POSITIVE feedback on the game, they reported bugs and such and gave suggestions.
but in ED its a different story, everyone is rude about it, they bash the devs, they complain but 90% of the complainers dont suggest how to fix the problem. so in the end it progresses slowly.
if they tested jugger on a large scale it could have causes more problems.
AQW Epic  Post #: 155
5/17/2011 21:25:58   
One Winged Angel1357

If you remember nexus(you might not) you had to be a member in atleast one AE game to play ED when it first linked with AE(that or have an Alpha acc)
So money is a good way for testing becuase you have to support the game to test the good stuffs
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 156
5/17/2011 21:26:45   
Nexus...

Wow I cannot believe you two. IT SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN VARIUM! This is not the start of a game boys, and this is not AQW. This is EPICDUEL, and 2v1 is a battle mode in a PVP game. Should have been tested years ago (literally) and should have never been offered for Varium under any circumstances when their are so many other options.

EpicE4

< Message edited by Nexus... -- 5/17/2011 21:28:41 >
Epic  Post #: 157
5/17/2011 21:29:03   
goldslayer1

quote:

Not talking to you Gold. This is a completely different situation. This is not the start of a game, this is a feature in a game. A feature that has been in the works for a year+. It should not have been Varium to start, nothing more needs to be said. Bottom line is that IT SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN VARIUM when so many other options were available. Don't argue this cause I will take you down. Friend.

its not the start of a game ur right, its the start of a mode/feature.
therefor it has all rights to have only certain people test it first.
i completely respect that its varium only, and i will say that it should stay varium only.

that doesn't change anything nexus
its still required certain types of players to test ED in the begining and now it requires certain people( varium players) to test 2 vs 1. thats what im trying to get into ur head because u apparently dont understand.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 5/17/2011 21:30:30 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 158
5/17/2011 21:31:34   
One Winged Angel1357

Nexus if it was credit we would of had an amazing number of Juggs meaning less noobs to be picked on meaning longer searchs for fights and less fights in general so the bugs might not of been picked up on so the proper fixxes might not of been made

So not being Varium at all or bugs becuase all of your theries most likely have more users then the varium option and from what i heard finding a 2v1 is already enough of a pain without even more Juggs
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 159
5/17/2011 21:33:09   
goldslayer1

@OWA
theres also the risk that so many of these newbies dont have forums accounts so they really wouldn't post in bugs section.
heck some people dont even know theres a wiki or forum.
AQW Epic  Post #: 160
5/17/2011 21:35:21   
Nexus...

Alright well I am sorry you feel that way (pretty said you could be so selfish), but I refuse to believe that a 2v1 Premium Varium testing was "absolutely necessary." They could have tested the system without crashing or breaking the game by using ANOTHER selection method. The reason why new games use such small populations at the beginning of a game is because they do not want it to break. Well you use any of the 6 catagories I listed, and you probably would have had the same amount of people testing the feature. IT WAS NOT NEEDED, and NOT WELCOME!

Lets get back on topic (rolls eyes)

EpicE4
Epic  Post #: 161
5/17/2011 21:37:00   
goldslayer1

quote:

1) Battle tokens
2) Fame?
3) Wins
4) Reputation
5) Beta Players
6) Founders

wins how many wins??
i dont want to waste tokens. what type of rep?
beta players maybe
founders? now thats discriminating the others.
AQW Epic  Post #: 162
5/17/2011 21:38:40   
Xendran

Gold, you contradicted yourself.
Beta players only is JUST as discriminatory as founders only.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 163
5/17/2011 21:38:59   
IsaiahtheMage

@Cinderella I see what your saying. But still its been over a year did you really have to be varuim at first? Also if it was couldnt you at least give us a warning? I mean thats why we are all mad we had no clue. Also I see that it is improving this week but still it says it will now be level 33 vs level 23-28 range. So does this mean a 33 can be put up against two 23s? Because that will still be very unbalanced. So please respond. Also I would like to point out will their be a sepereate button for it any time soon? Because I am sick of not having a choice to do 2 vs 2 or Juggernaut Mode I am sure many other low levels feel this way to. Some just want 2 vs 2 not Juggernaut that needs to be fixed.

@Nexus They simply dont care they want it to stay varuim as I am certain they enjoy pwning low levels and ruining thier record and if One Winged Angel isnt sarcastic he admitted it himself.

< Message edited by IsaiahtheMage -- 5/17/2011 21:40:41 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 164
5/17/2011 21:39:45   
goldslayer1

@xendran
yeah but there are probably 10k founders out there still playing and only about 200-500 founders.
its not the "large" scale testing that staff was looking for.
it still however doesn't chance the fact that if u didn't want to pay for it with varium just simply wait a week.
and if u payed for the gold skull card. then grats, our item now has a load of rarity score, an achievement thats probably gonna be 1500 or 3500 or 5500 (1500 from the other stuff tested like name change class change, 3500 same as beta achievement testing, or 5500 same as alpha.) it might be the 1500 tho.
and juggernaut will be 2k like the other daily champ achievements.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 5/17/2011 21:41:50 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 165
5/17/2011 21:42:43   
One Winged Angel1357

quote:

1) Battle tokens Some of the really good players you want to test 2v1 have to blow all of there tokens on flags
2) Fame? Beggers testing a new mode alot of which have no clue what the forums are how do we report bugs then
3) Wins depends on how you set it up to high and you favor older players over new players and you get a founder type war again
4) Reputation ????????? how is Rep different then fame in ED
5) Beta Players Favoritism to older players
6) Founders see above

The only one of your options that might work is Wins and even then some of the players who should be out there testing 2v1 dont care about getting wins on one acc and thus dont have that many wins on one acc
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 166
5/17/2011 21:45:32   
IsaiahtheMage

@Nexus Yes I agree this was not mandartory. After over a year. No way. We been asking for 2 vs 1 Boss Battle(Level 50 Zedmyr and Georgle Lowe) and survival mode. How can this be mandartory? I dont get if it truly is I need them to provide me with evidence and proof. I cannot simply believe a feature takes over a year and then its mandatory for it to cost varuim on top of that its completely broken. It couldve been added in place of useless features like fame. A guy named andrew113 made me lose because I didnt fame him and we where both on the same team. He didnt care about losing he wanted fame if some will go that far over fame its better off being removed imagine how many people get flamed and how many others might go that far? We cant ban them all fame is better off being removed.

< Message edited by IsaiahtheMage -- 5/17/2011 21:47:02 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 167
5/17/2011 21:56:02   
frogbones
Banned

Like many have mentioned: The biggest Fail/Scam of this release was charging people to do the devs' job, which is to troubleshoot a product BEFORE it is released.

IF any other business had taken this approach to a product release, they would have been laughed out of business. It is disingenuous, callous, and predatory.

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 168
5/17/2011 21:57:37   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@Isaiah- I didn't know until it was too late to change the DNs.
Post #: 169
5/17/2011 21:58:23   
Wiseman

I wish to point out an old Design Note post, and I will bold the parts that apply to the issue at hand.

quote:

EpicDuel 2.0:

You may be wondering why we haven't been delivering any "wham bang" updates lately. Where are 2v1 battles? Where are tournaments? Where are quests? I demand an explanation! Well, settle down champ, the answer is actually pretty complicated.

EpicDuel was our first major project, and as with any first venture in anything, there were mistakes, or rather, things we would have done differently if we had more experience. Now, there are over 100k lines of code that are in dire need of an overhaul that we've put off for too long. In order to move forward and deliver those promised features, Titan has taken upon himself wade through the game's code and update it all to a new standard, essentially an EpicDuel Engine 2.0.

This process is not easy or expedient, but it will make EpicDuel faster, more secure, and, of course, more fun for all players. We are planning to replace the engine in phases with each release until the entire engine is completely new, shiny 2.0. This gradual process will take roughly a month to complete.

This update, after tremendous amounts of labor and intense bug testing you should notice...nothing! That's right! For this first phase of EpicDuel 2.0, if everything was done correctly, the game should appear exactly the same as before. That means we didn't break anything, which is a triumph in and of itself. Each subsequent update will hopefully be just as transparent.

Because such massive changes to the Engine are taking place, we badly need your help for this release helping us squish any remaining bugs. Literally every line of code was altered and there aren't enough hours in a day to test every possible scenario. If you identify any bugs, big or small, please post them in the bug's section of the AE forums!

There's your answer, they may have promised those things long ago, but because of mistakes that they have already admitted to, they could not add them. With the changes in code putting out a feature made for the old code could easily break the game, so they probably did build this new 2v1 system recently, or changed the old one. To make sure that the new system would work well with the new code they had to have it tested, and 4 developers alone can not test a feature as big as a new battle mode.

ED Does not have a membership so they made it varium, if they made it founder only all non founders would have complained, same for elite or beta only. If they did it by tokens then players who want achievements or who want to help their faction take a flag would have complained, and if they did it by wins/rank then new players that don't have that status would complain. When a group of players are singled out to help test of something, someone is going to be upset, in this case they made it varium because varium players is the closest thing ED has to a membership. It's also the one thing that other players do have access to, yes they have to spend money to buy the varium, however if it was elite/founder/beta only, then they wouldn't even have that option. And if it was tokens/wins/rating it would take some players time to get the tokens/wins/rating to help with the testing. Varium gives the most access to the most players at the quickest rate available, which makes it perfect for testing a feature. Yes membership would have been better, however since ED doesn't have a membership option, they choose the next best option, varium purchasers.

As for ED 2.0, it's mostly finished, however Titan ran into some issues with the inventory coding that caused it to take much longer then originally expected.

Thanks for reading.

< Message edited by Wiseman -- 5/17/2011 22:05:03 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 170
5/17/2011 21:58:26   
IsaiahtheMage

quote:

My dearest players,

For a long time, we've been really lenient with allowing players to speak their uncensored opinion on the developers and the game. I've been so lenient because, as staff, I'd assumed a certain amount of flaming against me. However, flaming of the developers- Titan, Nightwraith, Charfade, and myself- will no longer be tolerated in the EpicDuel General Discussion forum. We're certainly open to criticism, however, blatant, baseless insults are uncalled for. Calling us "idiots", or going on and berating us are not called for, and are not discussion. Whether or not we are evil human beings, brainwashed, etc. is not a topic for discussion. In short, if it would be considered flaming against another poster, it's considered flaming against us.

In short, feel free to disagree with us, question us, criticise us. But please. Stop flaming.

Battle On!
-Cinderella

This is Cinderellas new thread about flaming. So good luck on controlling your temper! Rememeber these rules aply to this thread where most of the flaming is!

@Cinderella Well oh I see thanks anyway.

Merged double post. ~Ashari

< Message edited by Ashari -- 5/18/2011 3:43:29 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 171
5/17/2011 22:02:39   
Nexus...

@Cinderella

Once again that doesn't change the fact that it happened. You can say you were not warned and that the admins did not tell you until the last minute. You are the connection between player/admin (at least I believe thats what you are?) and therefore that "excuse" (yes its an excuse) is not really valid. Its a communication error between you and the rest of the staff, and therefore it is all of your faults. No apologies can make up for the fact that such a decision was being hidden from the players and that the final outcome resulted in a premium payment method.

EpicE4
Epic  Post #: 172
5/17/2011 22:05:33   
IsaiahtheMage

@Nexus Remember the new thread about taking flaming more serious. Here it is.

quote:

My dearest players,

For a long time, we've been really lenient with allowing players to speak their uncensored opinion on the developers and the game. I've been so lenient because, as staff, I'd assumed a certain amount of flaming against me. However, flaming of the developers- Titan, Nightwraith, Charfade, and myself- will no longer be tolerated in the EpicDuel General Discussion forum. We're certainly open to criticism, however, blatant, baseless insults are uncalled for. Calling us "idiots", or going on and berating us are not called for, and are not discussion. Whether or not we are evil human beings, brainwashed, etc. is not a topic for discussion. In short, if it would be considered flaming against another poster, it's considered flaming against us.

In short, feel free to disagree with us, question us, criticise us. But please. Stop flaming.

Battle On!
-Cinderella

This is for everyone remmeber! Unless you wanna get banned.
AQW Epic  Post #: 173
5/17/2011 22:05:38   
goldslayer1

@nexus
there are no excuses for being impatient either.
if u cant pay varium wait a week. for the last time geez.
AQW Epic  Post #: 174
5/17/2011 22:19:06   
King FrostLich

This so called credit cost skull card better be a cheap looking card. Otherwise, if it costs 10k or more I'll get really mad since I only have 4k left on my pockets.

< Message edited by FrostLich -- 5/17/2011 22:20:35 >

Epic  Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: New DN's - Juggernaut 2.0!
Page 7 of 13«<56789>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition