Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: New DN's - Juggernaut 2.0!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: New DN's - Juggernaut 2.0!
Page 9 of 13«<7891011>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/18/2011 0:52:27   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@Buffy- I have two nonvarium alts. I get NOTHING free on them, unless you count dev server access. The only one I get things on is my main, and ONLY test items.
Post #: 201
5/18/2011 0:55:47   
Wiseman

@ aqwshadowking14: Yes the gold skull card should still work for Juggernaut, after the silver one is released.

< Message edited by Wiseman -- 5/18/2011 0:56:43 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 202
5/18/2011 1:00:02   
Shadronica

Believe it or not Ashari that is an old saying my mother still uses. hehe "Its not what you say its how you say it."

Indeed that is true. ^^

My only point to all of this is ... its what the dev's don't discuss with us beforehand.

Discussion with a feeling of interaction from our own game developers would save all the nonsense we see here continually.

Wouldn't it be nice for Titan and/or Nightwraith to take just a little bit of time once a week/fortnight to say "Hey pardners we were thinking about ... in the near future" "Leave us your thoughts" thread.

Even if it was for a relatively minor future update. Allow us to interact for some mutual respect.

I know that Nightwraith perhaps maybe Titan occasionally browse the forum to get ideas and take onboard some suggestions but really they just need to open a tiny line of communication to allow us to take a small part in the game direction.

I feel that with an open line of communication with a player base that definately does know how to express itself ... lol ... could be something to be considered in the not - too - distant future.

I also feel that if the dev's had told us straight up last release for the Juggernaut test exactly what to expect even down to what we would get for contributing our 1200 varium and immediately telling us that the next week would be open to non variums then everyone would not have been so surprised/stunned.

Give us just a bit more communication and let us know what is in store for us.

< Message edited by Shadronica -- 5/18/2011 1:09:40 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 203
5/18/2011 1:00:02   
xxmirxx

quote:

@Buffy- I have two nonvarium alts. I get NOTHING free on them, unless you count dev server access. The only one I get things on is my main, and ONLY test items.

but when I said mods get free varium you said no. And then said I was flaming you.
AQ Epic  Post #: 204
5/18/2011 1:03:32   
Nexus...

@Shadronica

Yeah I had a forum topic about communication a few days back. I strongly agree with your opinion on this situation. If the staff was just more open with us, and bounced ideas off of the community, 90% of the problems the players have with the developers would vanish into thin air =/

EpicE4
Epic  Post #: 205
5/18/2011 1:04:33   
Buffy A. Summers

@Cindy

Please Do Not Try And Defend Yourself (Defensive Much?). You Are STAFF. Plain And Simple. That's All.

I Happen To Know For A Fact That DAX Has Added Items Such As Founder Armor On At Least 1 "Alt".

So It Has And CAN Happen If Requested/Desired.

Your "Main" Does However Get "Free" Varium And/Or Items. Which Makes You "Paid" Staff. In The EYES Of The Masses...You Are One Of "THEM".

I Have 25 Alts With Various (Varium) Upgrades On Them. And I Get Little To No "Customer" Appreciation For That.

Funny Huh?

All That Is Not The Point And Is A Bit Off Topic.

This New Battle Mode Should Have Been Extensively TESTED ~ BEFORE Release.

You Would Have Gotten Dozens Of "Volunteers" Who Would Have Gladly Played Non Variums (Lower Levels) Too To Test It Out.

AQW Had/Has A Player Test Server... Why Not Epicduel?

The Big Issue Here Is This...

This Was Promised/Planned For Months, A New Battle Mode.

To Present An Unfinished/Untested Product...Yet Again To The Masses At THEIR EXPENSE Is Just Not Right.

What Does That Say About Titan/Nightwraith's "WORD" All Those Months Prior That They Were Working On A New Battle Mode... Coming Soon?

If Myself And Others Have To Tell The Staff How To Do Things Better, Both Before And After The Fact Again And Again...

Why Are We Paying Such A Premium Price For A Game That Is Clearly Still In Testing/Developing Stages?

@Shadronica

Makes Another Great Point...

As Both Customers And Players, We Want MORE Information And Details On What Is Coming Weekly.

It Seems As If This Is All Being Made Up 3-5 Days Before Every Update. Week After Week.

I Spend Way Too Much For Weekly SURPRISES.

And More Feedback/Interactivity From The Game's "Distant" Designers Would Be Nice.

If Epicduel Is Understaffed...HIRE More Staff!

< Message edited by Buffy A. Summers -- 5/18/2011 1:11:14 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 206
5/18/2011 1:15:27   
Wiseman

@ Buffy: So your saying it should have been tested on an exclusive server by certain players that pay for it? Tested on who? Other players of the same level that paid to get on the server? AQW was testing a game engine, ED was testing a battle mode. You cant test a battle mode without having other players to fight, and this battle mode requires lower level players, how many of the paying players are level 24-26? I'm sure there's some, however if the test was made exclusive to a special server, how many would log on and let higher levels fight them? Your not thinking this through, it had to be tested on the regular server with the normal player base, that's the only way to get actual battle data which will result in the improvement of the battle mode.

The same thing can be said about a 2v1 button, what's the point of having a 2v1 button when the only ones that will press it is the Juggernauts.

< Message edited by Wiseman -- 5/18/2011 1:17:38 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 207
5/18/2011 1:43:36   
Buffy A. Summers

Actually Wiseman... You Feel Right Into My Trap. I'm Glad You Responded.

Allow Me To Explain.

Wiseman Writes:
"You cant test a battle mode without having other players to fight, and this battle mode requires lower level players, how many of the paying players are level 24-26?"
...it had to be tested on the regular server with the normal player base, that's the only way to get actual battle data which will result in the improvement of the battle mode."

So Why Test This WITHOUT Non Varium Players? Why Not Include EVERYONE? If It's Important To Really See How It WORKS?

See...My Method Would Not Have Included A Way To SELL Gold Cards For 1200 Varium. Volunteers Could Have Been Recruited From Founders/Faction Leaders/Mods/Leaderbaord Players, Etc...

They Could Have Allowed Special Access To The Doom Server As A Testing Ground. They Could Have Created Lower Level Alts If They Didn't Already Have Them.

It Would Have Been Alot Of Fun For Those Players To Battle It Out With No Wins Or Losses Counting... Just Like The George Lowe Boss Battle...

For FUN To Test The Battle Mode. Those Players Could Have Gotten A "Special" Achievement On Their MAIN Account.

That Would Have Been One Method, For Example. But That Would NOT Have Created Another Varium Item (Gold Card) To Be "Sold"!

That's What Many of The Complaints Of This Thread Are About.

The Other Option Would Have Been For All Players To Be Given An Equal Chance (Varium/Non Varium) From The Start.

Had The Lower Level Players Been Informed That They Could EARN Alot More Credits/XP For A Juggernaut Win...I'm Sure Many Would Have Tried It, Despite The Difficulty.

But That Was Not Done. The Low Level Players Were Used And Abused With No Compensation Whatsoever. What Do They Get For "Testing" Juggernaut Mode? Anything?

The Non Variums (Once Again) Were Treated Like 2nd Class Citizens And Left Out.

And Yet Another Method To Charge Paying Players Varium (Gold Card) Was Introduced. Despite This Battle Mode Being Promised For 16 Months.

Is It Me Who Is Not "Thinking This Through" Or Is It The Admins? Who Made Promises They Did Not Keep And Seem To Be Making Things Up Week To Week?

As For 2vs1 Button, Yes, Giving Players CHOICE Is A Bad Thing... How Exactly?

So 3 Things Were Done:

1 ~ PAYING Players Were "Encouraged" To Spend 1200 Varium To TEST A New Battle Mode.

2 ~ Non Paying Players Were Completely Left Out...Again.

3 ~ The Low Levels (20-26) Were Used As Cannon Fodder Without Any Choice, Reward, Or Compensation.

< Message edited by Buffy A. Summers -- 5/18/2011 2:04:56 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 208
5/18/2011 1:44:59   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@Buffy- Wiseman's explained why a battle mode needs to be tested in actual battle environments. Choosing players at random seems inefficient, and no matter who we would have chosen in your scenario stinks of favoritism.

I'm not going to address you accusing me of abusing the system- anyone who knows me knows that I never ask for anything in-game, and graciously accept test items that I need for that purpose. However, I don't know how much I can address your concerns since it seems that, since I'm staff, my words carry no weight for you.

@Mir- Go back to the post. I said that some mods do have perks, others do not accept perks in-game. The conversations about flaming have nothing to do with this conversation.

< Message edited by Cinderella -- 5/18/2011 1:46:51 >
Post #: 209
5/18/2011 1:53:38   
comicalbike

this game is still in testing mode so why complain, yes there are problems with this game but they will be all fixed in the end
Epic  Post #: 210
5/18/2011 1:58:39   
Buffy A. Summers

@Cindy

WHOA... PLZ Do Not Put Words In My Mouth. Nowhere Did I Say You Are "Abusing" The System. If Anything I "IMPLIED" DAX Has. But Either Way I Did NOT Say That.

I Simply Stated That You Are Staff And Staff Get "Paid".

No Matter How Little Or How Much. Varium/Items, Etc. That's All.

All Admins/Mods Are STAFF. That's All.

Is That Not True?

As For So-Called "Favoritisim"... Yeah, Forget Players Who May Have "Earned" Anything...Let's Have Them PAY For The "Honor"!

That's The Root Of The Problem... That Is The "Solution" Of The Staff Again And Again... To Have Players Purchase Varium.

And Then They Get Upset If Players Accuse The Admins Of Being Money Hungry... And You Wonder WHY?

Example... See That Player Who Has 75,000 Wins... Let's Not Ask For Her Help Testing A New Battle Mode...Let's Have Her Spend $10 For The Right To Do So.

WOW

Yeah... I May Lean Towards "Favoritism" But What Are The Game/Designers Leaning Towards... Capitalism, Economy, MONEY!

I Wonder Which One Is Right And Which One Is Wrong.

The "Staff" Comes On And Acts Like It Cares...But Many Players Continue To Point Out That This Is A BUSINESS First...Concerned About Making Money, WEEKLY, MONTHLY.

And Those Players Are WARNED Not To Accuse The Staff Of What Exactly? Doing All They Can To MAKE MONEY?

But That's The Truth. Why Not Be Honest About It?

IRONICALLY... As Paying Customers, If We Express Our Dissatisfaction, We Get Scolded By The Mods For Doing So.

*facepalm*

< Message edited by Buffy A. Summers -- 5/18/2011 2:00:01 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 211
5/18/2011 2:04:27   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@Buffy- we just asked our players to be civil about it. That is all. None of the other AE game boards allow the players to flame the staff like we have allowed here.
Post #: 212
5/18/2011 2:11:19   
Buffy A. Summers

@Cindy

NONE OF The Other AE Games Players/Customers Are As Unhappy With The Game/Staff And It's Direction/Evolution As Epicduel.

And None Of The Other AE Games Costs As Much Weekly Or Monthly As ED. That Is A Fact. Because The Other AE Games Have Membership Packages.

And The ED Staff Has Done A Nice Job Of Flaming Back It Seems. Especially In This Thread.

Not Exactly Acting Like Ambassadors In My Opinion.

AQW Epic  Post #: 213
5/18/2011 2:14:08   
xxmirxx

buffy why go after wiseman he isn't dev's and cindy I though you said no flame staff.
AQ Epic  Post #: 214
5/18/2011 2:22:24   
Defiant

@Buffy
That's correct. None of the players in other AE games are as unhappy as they are in EpicDuel.
Flaming the staff, meh. If staff done stuff people wanted/liked, it wouldn't happen.
Post #: 215
5/18/2011 2:27:43   
xxmirxx

above If that was case everyone wins no losses and we all will get 10k varium everyday.
AQ Epic  Post #: 216
5/18/2011 2:35:36   
Defiant

@Mir
How so? It's not like we'd ask for free varium if it wasn't so powerful in terms of varium player vs non-varium player.
If they had listened to the community, varium wouldn't be so powerful and nobody would beg to use it.
Post #: 217
5/18/2011 2:38:06   
xxmirxx

I was being sarcastic sorry. there was no need sorry about that.
AQ Epic  Post #: 218
5/18/2011 2:44:27   
DillBagel

Buffy, idk what you're doing, but your random punctuation of caps at every word would make you fail every english exam across the continent, plus you have no reason to flame all the devs. Maybe you should stop forking over a few thousand a year if you're going to complain..
AQW Epic  Post #: 219
5/18/2011 2:50:05   
Buffy A. Summers

@

Actually, Wouldn't My Spending THOUSANDS Of Dollars Give Me MORE Of A Right To Voice My Complaints?

I'm Actually Speaking More On Behalf Of Players Who Are NON Varium And Those Who Don't Want To Keep Spending Alot...Ironically.

But In The End, It Does Not Matter.

Trust Me.

AQW Epic  Post #: 220
5/18/2011 2:54:49   
xxmirxx

I understand your just expressing your opinion.
AQ Epic  Post #: 221
5/18/2011 3:09:27   
ForTun3

i only have this to say............. OMG!!! not impressed it shoulda been something, anything else, can i swap the achevement for the bear bike lol...

oh and now i dont have enuf varium to buy a new weapon in the next update, well i can buy it i just cant add slots, so now i have to spend more money.....................................................

@shadroica...
amen to that, i wld not have got it if i knew but i guess no one would have and then no one woulda tested it and we would end up not getting it at all, but yea we need to know this stuff...

< Message edited by xXxPhYcOxXx -- 5/18/2011 3:24:32 >
Post #: 222
5/18/2011 3:18:04   
Shadronica

This flare up on the Juggernaut discussion would never have happened if everything had been explained to us all properly in the first place.

This in no way reflects on you Cindy as you have only just started your job as PR.

We need to get a clear, concise information about the updates. We need to be told BEFORE we log in when the servers open after the update exactly what to expect and the consequences for buying the card to do juggernaut. Show the achievement that we will get for testing it for the week too and let us know how many points rarity and achievement points it will be. GIVE US the BIG PICTURE so there is no ambiguity. It always looks to me like things are done as an afterthought.
We need a structured, organised game schedule which also allows for hiccups of course.

Nobody here would really mind if you promised a particular thing one week and it didn't happen till the next week as long as it had plausible explanation is given.

I would hope and expect that our game developers can support Cindy in her PR job by giving her the full information for the Design Notes.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 223
5/18/2011 3:26:26   
comicalbike

yes shadronica you are right i have no problems with staff or mods but i do have problems with the game
we need to tell them what are problems are we have with the game such as mine are
game getting slower now as the game gets bigger
wd completely useless now as it is so unbalanced
and the juggernaut should be fighting a very strong npc or two weaker ones as it is the most boring thing i have ever tried
Epic  Post #: 224
5/18/2011 4:50:30   
Lord/Fredd

OMG not an ahivement! Thats the ONLY thing i didn't wanted... spending 1.2k varium on one star, or less is just sick! how can they call this: "nice rewarded"... make and item or something!

quote:

Ive said this a thousand times, yelled this at my computer a thousand times, told my friends this a thousand times, told my parents this a thousand times. I LOVE THIS GAME AND ENJOY SPENDING MONEY ON IT! Never has there been a release that I have not loved nor not cared to take my time and play, you guys think you HAVE to spend money on this game to play it, but you DONT! Take a game like runescape: You have a majority of features for free players, and always release something new for them. Then you have a steaming pile of awesomeness for the members. You dont have to play to enjoy the game, and this is my FINAL word on this. Period. If there is one thing I WONT do and I will NEVER do, it's stooping down to a troll's level and betraying the staff. If you chose to follow that path, then so be it, but I will NOT.

Omg what is wrong with you?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 225
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: New DN's - Juggernaut 2.0!
Page 9 of 13«<7891011>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition