Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: New DN's - Juggernaut 2.0!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: New DN's - Juggernaut 2.0!
Page 10 of 13«<89101112>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/18/2011 5:21:14   
RKC

Well nothing really new this week for non-varium. I'm not expecting a flame free Saturday in this game.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 226
5/18/2011 6:02:54   
Fay Beeee

^
The juggernaut will be available for credits :)

< Message edited by Fay Beeee -- 5/18/2011 6:05:08 >
Epic  Post #: 227
5/18/2011 6:49:04   
LambO

Does anyone know how much the achievement is worth?
I hope it's not nothing silly though like 500 - 1,000 rating points. This would cause so much more flame cause of this 'nicely rewarded' comment the Dev's made. Then cause we will flame we will be the bad guys like normal...
So, read this okay. Make this achievement be a nice reward, not something that makes the players feel they got ripped off.

Because, if this achievment doesn't put a smile on people's faces, you'd better be ready for another riot.
(Which again wouldn't be our fault, but it will be our fault from the staff eyes..) Dun Dun Dun...

The story continues on Friday.. =P
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 228
5/18/2011 7:13:28   
ForTun3

lol the only way il be happy is if it makes u 6star from 2 lol....just coz im 2star at mo lol...

just to be clear i am joking....

< Message edited by xXxPhYcOxXx -- 5/18/2011 7:16:28 >
Post #: 229
5/18/2011 7:16:27   
jegaggin

just saying how will non vars benifit? the only reason why vars win is because of so many points.

AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 230
5/18/2011 8:59:43   
Silver Sky Magician

Actually, for all those players who complained about an achievement being the 'only' thing they get for spending 1200 varium, they also get the ability to become the Juggernaut. Non-varium players who buy the Silver Skull Card can only fight on the non-Juggernaut side. At least that is how I interpreted the quote below:

quote:

ANYONE over level 20 will be able to play this unique battle mode... from the other side!

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 5/18/2011 9:00:31 >
Post #: 231
5/18/2011 9:01:19   
Mr. Black OP

@lord fred
well at least u will be getting a star, at 6 stars and 46,609 rating points i doubt this one achievement will get me my 7th
Epic  Post #: 232
5/18/2011 9:06:13   
PivotalDisorder

if they had said at the start that buying the skull card would get you one week testing and an achievement before it
became a credit purchase [without achievement] do you think that a LOT less skull cards would of been sold ?

we all know the answer, I dont think I am allowed to say this was a shameless cash in, but it was [a shameless cash in]

@Goldslayer: all the COD games have massive teams working on them, they have ACTUAL shipping costs all over the
world as well as far higher server costs, staff costs etc etc etc. making any comparison is embarassing. they charged $20
for valuable content that required more work than the entire ED game, we got a weeks testng and an achievement for $10

@silverskymagician: level 20s could already compete on the 2 side, so ofc your wrong :)

< Message edited by Jehannum -- 5/18/2011 9:08:39 >
Post #: 233
5/18/2011 9:15:27   
Lord/Fredd

@zman 2
i need 9k rating points to get my sixth star, so i probaly wont happen to me... :/
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 234
5/18/2011 9:17:14   
Mr. Black OP

@above
29k :/
even if i buy every achievement in shop i still wouldn't have enough
but with more juggernauts wouldnt that make it harder to find games?
Epic  Post #: 235
5/18/2011 9:17:39   
Sparticus

quote:

Actually, for all those players who complained about an achievement being the 'only' thing they get for spending 1200 varium, they also get the ability to become the Juggernaut. Non-varium players who buy the Silver Skull Card can only fight on the non-Juggernaut side. At least that is how I interpreted the quote below:

quote:

ANYONE over level 20 will be able to play this unique battle mode... from the other side!

@Silver Sky Magician: When you shortened the quote it became a misquote. It says clearly that Juggernaut mode will be available to players over level 20 with the purchase of a credit only silver skull card. If you split out the first half of the sentence, players might get confused and assume that's what it says.

quote:

Since it’s not entirely fair to let Varium players have all the fun, we’re opening up Juggernaut mode to Credit players too, with the NEW Silver Skull Card. Now, for a number of Credits, ANYONE over level 20 will be able to play this unique battle mode... from the other side! MWAHAHAHA! *cough* Sorry about that.

quote:

Cinderella says:

@whoever asked, the silver skull card opens up the opportunity to BE the juggernaut to non varium players.

< Message edited by Sparticus -- 5/18/2011 13:00:17 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 236
5/18/2011 9:41:52   
Silver Sky Magician

@Jehannum and Sparticus

I suppose so. Come to think of it, what was I envisioning? Maybe a 2v1 battle button or, when you go into 2v2, you have an option of a guaranteed fight with a Juggernaut...I must be quite tired :P Although the DNs were quite ambiguous, especially since there was a 'MWAHAHAHA' after the quoted sentence (which kind of reminds me of Angels, so...)

@Administrators

The devs clearly need to have a better communication system with the players. With the addition of Cinderella as their new PR manager, I'm already seeing marked improvements in terms of feedback. Hopefully, the communication and relationship between the devs and the players will get even better.

@everyone

I recognise that the devs have made oversights or mistakes with the EpicDuel system. But there is no need to flame them. If you wish to get your voice heard, have basic courtesy and respect. Speculation like 'the devs did not inform players in advance to scam them out of their money' serves no purpose at all, and only serves to inflame tempers. If you are a varium player who greatly dislike what they're getting for their money, you would feel cheated, indignant and think that the devs are but scum.

For those who complain for you are paying a premium price for an unfinished system, do you think EpicDuel can ever be completed? For a PvP-based game of such complexity, can everything really be smoothed out? To the point that new updates will never upset balance? That is impossible. A game like EpicDuel will forever be in a testing phase. And it is also impossible for four devs -two of which only recently officially joined the team, and one of which has no part to play in programming (I think)- to test out comprehensive balance updates or battle modes. That's why they need you, to discover the flaws they couldn't when planning it out on paper. You are free to disagree if you think you can do so.

Look at it from the devs' point of view. They literally spend years programming the game, creating and building EpicDuel. At the end of the day, when you have completed a piece of work, what do you feel? Satisfaction. Then what do you feel when the very people you have created this work for simply rips it apart with ugly trolling, and makes accusations about your moral character? Imagine that you are a student (which we all once were or still are), and you have put in all your working time into an assignment you're proud of. Your teacher reads it. Tears it into tiny pieces. Spews vulgarities at you for its lack of quality. Sneers, scorns, and spits at you. Then accuses you of doing some moral wrong, like blatant plagarism. That's what the devs are getting from this community, every day of every week.

Do the devs deserve such flaming? No. Does the community (including the more crude players) have a right to voice their opinion? Yes. The two are not mutually exclusive. The devs have their flaws, and the community theirs. You cannot expect service to improve if your attitude remains equally rude and demanding. If you are angry, put your point across in a calm, rational manner. There is no need to speculate on the devs' moral character. If your aim is to improve EpicDuel (here I'm making a somewhat big assumption that your aim is not to flame for the sake of flaming), then it serves no purpose but to antagonise the devs and waste your time.

If you want the devs to listen to you, help them be able to. Just as you will understand someone better if he talks in a normal voice than if he screams in your ear. All people should be treated with courtesy. The devs are no exception. If criticism is flame, then it can be used in two ways. To burn the house down, or to warm the furnace. The choice is yours.

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 5/18/2011 10:22:35 >
Post #: 237
5/18/2011 10:09:46   
jegaggin

offtopic... We learnt what mutually exclusive was in probability!
ontopic... I have to agree and disagree with silver.
Agreeing they've put hard work into making zed game

Disagreeing because if they wanted happiness make some of the out dated var weapons become non var like vendzooka (they told us it was a bug (i thought it was part of player appreciation day XD). The only people who were complaining were variums who feel like they should be able to stomp and squish non vars without a second look.

I on the other hand think that when you are non var you do not have the stats on your side so you are at your most creative. Non varium's only way to win against Variums is to have a good strategy and a little luck on their side. If you have the luck but not the strategy you will lose. I talked to non variums in game and when I asked them how they felt about the vendzooka becoming non varium they were so happy. They thought they were finally being given a second look and finally getting noticed.

Their weapons are outdated and the developers almost dont give them a second look any of the time. An example of this, when was the last time there was actually something good that benefitted the non variums in a weapons part of the game?... Wow it must have been back in Christmas when it last happened. I for one was a non var in Christmas and was actually happy when I saw the weapons and saw the 35 dmg yuletide terror and the ice club! I was like OMG finally something that is pretty good! Same when I bought dread canon, while it was not as good as varium guns its looked nice, it had the best non varium stats and I liked it! Actually it was Christmas was when i bought my first varium package, because I believed for once the developers actually cared what the non paying population had.
I guess I was wrong.

I still think of those non varium days when I would make a random build and just go nuts on creativeness! I mean once, back when soul harvester was being sold, I leveled 3 lvls just to get the sword and dread canon! I made a str build with the soul harvester and I got into the top 10! That was off topic... but you see with the right strategy at the time I was able to get into the top 10 non var style ;). THATS what I want now that same thought of the non varium players and what they think.

Remember developers you need non variums because maybe 1 or 2 in 20 will think "hey I enjoy this game a lot maybe I should give back. " And boom! You have your money! You need to give something that the non variums will be happy about so that when they enjoy the game enough they will support it. Yah thats all from me. woo. this is long for me XD. I doubt anyone will read this XD (edited to make it easier to read)

< Message edited by jegaggin -- 5/18/2011 10:17:32 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 238
5/18/2011 10:20:38   
IsaiahtheMage

@Nexus I didnt say you did anything wrong I was just saying dont lose your cool because you dont wanna have to get in real trouble for flaming thats all no harm intended sorry if I offended you.
AQW Epic  Post #: 239
5/18/2011 10:37:37   
Luna_moonraider

hmm might be a good update for non varium but i dun think i like doing jug battle reason being jug mode= kill noobs mode so basically by doing this the devs are basically chasing away low lvl players. Yes jug mode us fast but i do not like the fact that it is linked to teh 2v2 button i rather it be linked to 1v1 button then 2v2 reason being most non variums take shelter in 2v2 because they know they might have a higher chance of winning rather than doing 1v1. most non variums do more 2v2 than 1v1.

As for the reward if find it totally useless. Rating points= useless wat can u do with stars. Do u get more crits with more stars? NO. 1200 varium is alot for just testing a feature. Ok the class change achievment,warlord and landlord cost more varium then the jug mode but why does a person change class in the first place some people change class to gain advantage, test out other class, become oped and following the trend with wasting time and without making a new file. not to just get a measly badge which give rating points. As for landlord people buy 4 house so that they can tp(teleport) easily to a certain area well that last time when we could not dirrectly teleport to the area. Tping to a area saves time that is why a person would get 4 houses at that time. new players now do not even want to buy 4 houses because houses are basically useless since the devs made every1 able to tp everywhere without using the gates. the old players had the achievemnet because they wanted the tp feture not the useless badges which add rating points and gives useless stars which do not hep in battle. As for warlord it is basically a full varium feature only varums can win warlord. people might want to get warlord achievments because they want to kill 2 birds with just 1 stone eg their faction want to get wd and they fire cannon so that the faction can get 100% wd win and at the same time they can try to get warlord achievment too. people buy the golden card to do jug mode because they want to beat noobs.

I find it totally unneccessary to make the 2v1 jug mode a varium feature in the first place. it is dumb to do so and i do not understand y the devs did that in the first place. All Gamma testers are suppose to test something so just let the all gamma testers test the new battle mode rather then just letting a few testing it. What is the point of gamma testing if gamma testers which dun have varium just test nothing. All i see is most non paying gamma testers are testing to be trashed by the paying gamma tester. yes the low lvls tested the jug mode but do they like it? The answer to that question is NO. u dont stand a chance against a varium player in jug mode all u can do is annoy them to death. increasing the lvl diffrence will not help because u still encounter uber low lvls. as said before the low lvls who clicked 2v2 will be dirrected to a jug match first if a jug match is available. this means a low lvl is likely to have more jug match than a 2v2 match when they click 2v2 button. Now this seen unfair because the low lvl clicked 2v2 to get a 2v2 not a 2v1.

Making a credit option to do jug mode. well this is a good but why the hell make it in the first place. a mode which cost credits and varium to play lolz wat a joke. Next thing u will know is the golden skull card would gives the variums higher chance of getting noobs. why do i have this feeling that the silver card is gonna make a hole in my credit bank. Well least there is something new to try this update. will be sooo looking foward to the update.

wow there are so many complains bout the reward. i wonder why. lolz the devs always fail to mke the players happy. no weps for hmm lets see 5 weeks i think lolz and when are the eggzookas going rare. still waiting for them to go rare lolz. yes 2v1 is really a disapointing and the reward to the testers too. wonder if this game can survive lolz the time bom in ed is ticking. The devs better find a way to dfuse that ticking time bom before it explodes and kills the game. Tick tock tick tock BOOOOM!!!!

Edit: i do not even want to bother to complain bout the lack of Non var weps cause it will just fall on the deaf ears of the devs.

< Message edited by Luna_moonraider -- 5/18/2011 10:40:52 >

AQW Epic  Post #: 240
5/18/2011 12:00:11   
Sageofpeace

@silversky

i did not bother to read your entire post because i know for sure that is not worth my time, but when people like you just post like that it make me sick. Saying that the dev's don't deserve to get flame is out the question they do in every way possible since they don't know the meaning of the words"THE CUSTOMER ARE ALWAYS RIGHT"
Post #: 241
5/18/2011 12:10:02   
  Charfade

quote:

@Administrators

The devs clearly need to have a better communication system with the players. With the addition of Cinderella as their new PR manager, I'm already seeing marked improvements in terms of feedback. Hopefully, the communication and relationship between the devs and the players will get even better.

We hope so too, we recognize the detachment and frustration the players are having and with Cindy's awesome help and Wiseman tackling the bugs we can move forward. :)
MQ Epic  Post #: 242
5/18/2011 12:14:50   
Sageofpeace

@Charfade

no you don't if you did you would not be making the same mistake over and over, walking in top us like a bunch of ignorant. it always excuses when will you come plain with us.
Post #: 243
5/18/2011 12:16:26   
IsaiahtheMage

quote:

We hope so too, we recognize the detachment and frustration the players are having and with Cindy's awesome help and Wiseman tackling the bugs we can move forward. :)

How is this?
quote:

Features coming over in the next several weeks:

•Event quests!
•New Battle Modes including 2vs1 Boss Battles, and Survival mode!
•Tournaments for rare prizes!
•Much more!

Moving forward?! That was back in Janurary not one of those have came yet. Sure 2 vs 1 has come but it isnt boss battles and its still broken. Also if you want to increase our communication its this simple. STOP REALEASING UPDATES LEAVING OUT ALL THE INFO
its that simple you keep doing it over and over again realesing updates leaving out MAJOR INFO yet wonder why we are so upset. If you really cared stop doing it over and over again.

< Message edited by IsaiahtheMage -- 5/18/2011 12:22:13 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 244
5/18/2011 12:19:37   
Sageofpeace

If they just going to keep posting things out nowhere main as well take a month to do a PROPER REPLAY

Do not troll forum staff in your signature,
or you won't be allowed to have one. ~LB
Post #: 245
5/18/2011 12:32:51   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

Luna- I'm a little confused, you think it's a bad thing to make it available to varium players if we're opening it to nonvarium? But opening it to nonvarium is also a bad idea?

@whoever asked, the silver skull card opens up the opportunity to BE the juggernaut to nonvarium players.
Post #: 246
5/18/2011 12:55:12   
  Charfade

quote:

Moving forward?! That was back in Janurary not one of those have came yet. Sure 2 vs 1 has come but it isnt boss battles and its still broken. Also if you want to increase our communication its this simple. STOP REALEASING UPDATES LEAVING OUT ALL THE INFO
its that simple you keep doing it over and over again realesing updates leaving out MAJOR INFO yet wonder why we are so upset. If you really cared stop doing it over and over again.

Char's Translation with less flames-

I dont see how this is moving forward because in January you promised the players, Event Quests, New Battle Modes, Tournaments for rare prizes and much more. 2v1 has come out how ever its not what we were expecting and it is still buggy. The design notes are lacking valuable information about upcoming releases and we would like to see key points of the release addressed more clearly in future DN's. Please stop leaving out major information, as it is now it seems like you do not care.

Char reply-

Development for releases takes a lot of time. Quests for example is the combination of several weeks ( which started in January ) of updates building from scratch in the current engine which did not support it previously. Which early on in this year we made is a goal of ours to complete. We need to first get Juggernaut and Quests feature complete before we can move forward on other features of the game. That being said my above post was in reply to moving forward on the forums and the communication between the players and staff. To which we are activity working towards to improving. Your feedback such as this is helping us better understand you as a player and what you would like to see more from us. Which we do greatly appreciate. However this is something we just can't get good at with a snap of a finger. If someone told me to go build a robot that can speak Spanish right now... I wouldn't be able to do it... however if I work towards and learned as much as I could... eventually I would hope I would be able to. But like I said, these things take time and lots patience. We are sorry your views of us is that you think we do not care. I really have no way of proving that unless I invited you to shadow me around for a week. Because then it would be just my word. I can say however I love game design and art... I strive every week to do the best that I can for EpicDuel.
MQ Epic  Post #: 247
5/18/2011 13:06:28   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@Charfade- exactly. Things have to be built step-by-step. If we just threw things in without the previous steps, it wouldn't be as good. Think of it as a maths class. You can't jump right into Calculus, you need to master basic addition and subtraction, and multiplication, and algebra and trigonometry before going into calculus.
Post #: 248
5/18/2011 13:11:37   
IsaiahtheMage

quote:

Char reply-

Development for releases takes a lot of time. Quests for example is the combination of several weeks ( which started in January ) of updates building from scratch in the current engine which did not support it previously. Which early on in this year we made is a goal of ours to complete. We need to first get Juggernaut and Quests feature complete before we can move forward on other features of the game. That being said my above post was in reply to moving forward on the forums and the communication between the players and staff. To which we are activity working towards to improving. Your feedback such as this is helping us better understand you as a player and what you would like to see more from us. Which we do greatly appreciate. However this is something we just can't get good at with a snap of a finger. If someone told me to go build a robot that can speak Spanish right now... I wouldn't be able to do it... however if I work towards and learned as much as I could... eventually I would hope I would be able to. But like I said, these things take time and lots patience. We are sorry your views of us is that you think we do not care. I really have no way of proving that unless I invited you to shadow me around for a week. Because then it would be just my word. I can say however I love game design and art... I strive every week to do the best that I can for EpicDuel.

Yes but you started talking about Juggernaut way after that. You guys... when you first say something you need to do it not throw it in the trash can and move on to something else. If you said you would do this:
quote:

quote:

Features coming over in the next several weeks:

•Event quests!
•New Battle Modes including 2vs1 Boss Battles, and Survival mode!
•Tournaments for rare prizes!
•Much more!

Then it needs to be done, dont bring in useless features like fame and completely unbalanced ones like Juggernaut. Like I said before why must you work towards to improving communication? It takes less then 2 minutes to type in and Oh and bye the way the Gold Card will be varuim and this is in testing not official yet and it may be a little buggy! If you have any complaints please let us know! Instead of making this update leaving that out and leaving out information such as it NOT being a option to do 2 vs 2 or Jugernaut mode that is MAJOR INFO that NEEDS to be released to prevent flaming and miscommunication. I dont mean to flame you but these are my thoughts. It seems you dont care because you do it over and over again.

< Message edited by IsaiahtheMage -- 5/18/2011 13:13:21 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 249
5/18/2011 13:38:22   
  Charfade

First off thank you Isaiah for the much more calm and rational response.

There is a document we have... with all of our features wishes and wants for EpicDuel. Some of those features take more time then others. Before Event Quests Tournaments and more battle modes, we have to start and build these features someplace. The start of that process is building a feature complete quest mode and Juggernaut.

Player communication is not easy for us to convey. Its is a challenge for us... because well... we are are handling a major workload. Everyday is a battle and challenge to get everything we need to do done. And because of that... we fail on the communication end of things. Which is why we are in the process of getting help for ED. Cindy and Wise are being trained to test the releases... and in the future once they are comfortable we hope to add more people to help. We need player help more now then ever. Which is why this blame game trend needs to end. We appreciate all our players, we strive and want to do better. We just can't move forward here on future release if our players are always stuck on the past. No matter how many times people reiterate themselves, nothing can get done and nothing will improve. We know ED has its mistakes and flaws... its a big huge giant puzzle. And we hope our players will be along in the journey to help solve it.

Edit: spelling fixes :(

< Message edited by Charfade -- 5/18/2011 13:40:32 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 250
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: New DN's - Juggernaut 2.0!
Page 10 of 13«<89101112>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition