Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

The Jetpack Project - Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> The Jetpack Project - Discussion
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/20/2011 12:45:20   
not steve

The story can be found here

There we go. The current title is a stand in, if you have a suggestion for a better one I would appreciate it. It comes from a Supercommuter lyric: "Than I'm back, no ticker tape or hand clap/Just another chap in a jetpack" and secondarily from an early description of the world when it was first being built as "Just like fire emblem, but with jetpacks" Oddly enough, Jetpacks never actually did make it into the lore.

This started when a couple of friends and I were talking on the radio the other month (I'm a radio DJ, very small station) about how the vast majority of videogames set in the future were post-apocalyptic, and how there were never any futuristically skinned sword and sorcery kinds of things. From there we started talking about what one would be like (Fire Emblem with jetpacks) and developing the world. Ultimately, I took it off on my own and started writing up something that turned into 5,000 words worth of expositionm and being the lit nerd that I am decided it was better suited to a book.

From there I threw together a plot about [Snip]* Put together some interesting characters and waited a week to see if I was still interested in it at the end. I was, and so I started writing.

Unfortunately, exams has sort of put a stick in my creative spokes, and I wont be able to work on this until they are through on friday of this week, but I don't doubt that this will keep seeing updates when they end. I am actually writing bits of it (and this post) durring my breaks.

To summerize, everything is helpful. I absolutely cannot get excited about writing something without feedback. Like it? Hate it? See a spelling error? Curious about something? Upset with my over use of parenthesis? Post post post, please. It helps me more than you can know.

spoiler:

a prince in a kingdom where military oligarchs were becoming more and more powerful, and his father sending him out of the country realizing that he was going to be assassinated. I like to compare call it the russian revolution with a very different end in my head, but it really has a different beginning and middle as well. xD

< Message edited by not steve -- 6/20/2011 12:49:04 >
AQ DF  Post #: 1
6/27/2011 15:16:17   
not steve

Added chapter two: The Three Glass Towers Of Althrone
AQ DF  Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> The Jetpack Project - Discussion
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition