Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= Design Notes - July 27, 2011 - LQS is LIVE!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= Design Notes - July 27, 2011 - LQS is LIVE!
Page 1 of 1112345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/29/2011 13:48:47   
Celestine
Constructive!

July 27, 2011
LQS, Balance, and Bugs

The Continuing Story of Four Young Adults’ Continuing Descent into Madness

Hello there, EpicDuelists. Did you check out ArcAttack’s music in the AQW DoomWood Event? You might have caught me online during the event- I’m kind of a music nerd! But that doesn’t mean we’re ignoring this game! See what we’ve been up to in the past week!

Pseudo-entomological Oddities

You may have noticed we had a quick midweek update. In essence, the update was just to fix some bugs, and roll some performance updates. Titan has been on a coding rampage to fix all the old rickety systems in EpicDuel that have limited our forward progress. Do you know why all Varium hairstyles cost the same and why we haven't introduced new credit-only styles? Because the code/database structures wouldn't allow it! We've improved that to a point where now we'll be able to offer new credit-only styles, rare seasonal styles, and maybe even styles that you can keep forever!

Also, as of this Friday we will be adding a restriction on sellback for the current promotional items, the Delta Destroyer set. Sellback will be restricted during the promotional period and reactivated once the item is no longer for sale in case you ever need to part with it to free up space. This will help protect players who somehow manage to lose control over their accounts (remember, kids! Keep your passwords safe!) and wake up one day to find their cherished promotional gear sold!

In the coming weeks we hope to make even more progress that will allow us the flexibility to move forward with features like new bots, non-humanoid bosses, and dozens of small improvements that will make your EpicDuel experience more enjoyable.

Limited-Quantity Shop coming Friday!

We promised it was coming, and then we made you wait a bit. I apologize for that, but hopefully it will be worth the wait! The Tesla armor is unique in the sense that it’s not class-specific, but it is gender-specific. Yes, if you play as a female character and don't want to look like you overdressed for a snowball fight, you will be able to purchase and wear the Lady Tesla armor, the height of fashion on Delta V! We didn't release it sooner because making that work is not as easy as one might think! Also, we have made the Tesla head an optional style so you can show off your own mug if you so choose!

Here are the stats for those players already lining the block to pick up this electrifying new armor!

Name: Tesla Armor
Level: 33
Price: 15,000 Credits / 995 Varium
Class: Any
Defense/Resistance: +9
Dexterity: 8
Technology: 8
Enhancement Slots: 8

Name: Lady Tesla Armor
Dexterity: 8
*Update: We have reshuffled the stat bonuses based on player suggestions in the forums.

We’re not sure how many of each gender/flavor we’ll be implementing at first (250 each, maybe?), but expect a restock next week (if they’ve sold out). Many players have felt discouraged by the randomness of our restocks of limited quantity items in the past, but this time we are defining the schedule in advance. You can purchase the Tesla armors from Naomi Page in Central Station after the release goes live this Friday evening.

Balance Changes

We haven’t released the balance changes yet, since there are some problems we had to fix recently, and the list of proposed changes presented by our balance team is long and complicated. I’m not sure if we’ll squeeze them in this week or not.

Speaking of bugs...

Nightwraith found this cutie the other day, and given my love of buggy brilliance, asked me to identify her for him!

I am adorable!

I was able to identify her (she’s a Longhorned Beetle), and I think she needs to make a guest appearance in the game! What do you think?

Tags: Cinderella

< Message edited by Ashari -- 7/29/2011 13:48:47 >
DF Epic  Post #: 1
7/27/2011 20:32:14   
Nebula

Lol @ how the armour stats suck.
Post #: 2
7/27/2011 20:34:32   
Wraith

Hm...I sorta like the stats. But still, not that different from war bot D:
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 3
7/27/2011 20:35:56   
Agiluz

quote:

Lol @ how the armour stats suck.

Not really.. and yay finally the right stats for my build!
Post #: 4
7/27/2011 20:36:36   
One Winged Angel1357

9 Def/Res and as many points as FDMA i will rest my case at its equal to Bunnyborg but with different stat placement being no support
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 5
7/27/2011 20:41:42   
MrBones

quote:

Do you know why all Varium hairstyles cost the same and why we haven't introduced new credit-only styles?

@Cinderella: So does it means we are done with paying 25 varium for a style we have already bought just to change colors ?

@Cinderella: How many enhance slots for the new armor ?

@Cinderella: At what time EXACTLY will the update happen ?

I am kind of a big deal, so don't act like you're not impressed.
- Abraham Lincoln
Epic  Post #: 6
7/27/2011 20:43:25   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@Mr.Bones- likely, but I don't think for Friday quite yet.

@Mr.Bones- it's comparable to Bunny Borg

@Mr.Bones- The same time it always happens- When It's Ready O'Clock!
Post #: 7
7/27/2011 20:45:30   
MrBones

quote:

@Mr.Bones- The same time it always happens- When It's Ready O'Clock!

You realize I am an adult customer right ?

**EDIT**@Down: I am speechless.

< Message edited by MrBones -- 7/27/2011 20:51:07 >
Epic  Post #: 8
7/27/2011 20:46:41   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

Yes. I'm giving you the official AE policy on the subject.
Post #: 9
7/27/2011 20:47:11   
Shadow Jester

I don't get it...

You can sell a part of your delta set and get it back?
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
7/27/2011 20:47:13   
Bunshichi

lol

MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
7/27/2011 20:48:10   
PivotalDisorder

no, they are stopping you selling your delta set until after the delta promotion is over.
Post #: 12
7/27/2011 20:48:19   
poker123

The stats are good, but why strength.Why not support?
Post #: 13
7/27/2011 20:48:26   
Shadow Jester

Will the armor be Color Custom and be able to choose a Helm?
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
7/27/2011 20:49:44   
One Winged Angel1357

first thing first Lady Tesla is a welcome thing to 99% of teh community i bet

second thing if in some future update, hopfully one thats not to far in the future, i will be able to change my colors that would be awesome i have looked exactly the same since two weeks after Seraph Armor was released
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 15
7/27/2011 20:49:55   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

You'll be able to use your own hairstyle, and I'm pretty sure it uses the same logic all of the other armors do ;)
Post #: 16
7/27/2011 20:50:07   
helloguy

Ugh and I thought it will have better stats
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 17
7/27/2011 20:52:41   
Angels Holocaust

The stats are god awful, can you please get rid of that unnecessary attack and place it into support?
Post #: 18
7/27/2011 20:53:40   
Sageofpeace

omg were the armor pic could we at least get that whats the point giving picks 5 hour before the update

yup another armor that im not going to buy when are they going to release a armor that doesn't give str it been so long since we have one in fact we only have one the one that big tuna sells

Angels yes please finally somebody that understand my anger the stat are awful

< Message edited by Sageofpeace -- 7/27/2011 20:54:43 >

Do not troll forum staff in your signature,
or you won't be allowed to have one. ~LB
Post #: 19
7/27/2011 20:55:03   
pokepwner

I'm going to assume with stats like that, that armor will be used mainly for strength builds
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
7/27/2011 20:55:11   
Fatal Impact

Really no support and +2 dex?

Lower the tech bonus or it will get abused.

-Fatal
Epic  Post #: 21
7/27/2011 20:55:39   
helloguy

At the least tweak the stars to something like 8/6 dexterity 2 strength and 6/8 technology/support with like 9-10 enhancements or more core stats or some thing those stats are horrible

< Message edited by helloguy -- 7/27/2011 20:58:21 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 22
7/27/2011 20:55:51   
One Winged Angel1357

to offence to the topic poster becuase that is most likely how it was when you found it but if it possible you add in whats below which i got off of the ED home page DN
Name: Tesla Armor
Strength: 6
Dexterity: 2

Name: Lady Tesla Armor
Strength: 6
Dexterity: 2
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 23
7/27/2011 20:56:14   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@Cinderella How does the sellback feature on Promo weapons work exactly? If it works like I think it does then wouldn't it change nothing? I think you meant that it wouldn't be sellable until after it goes away but that doesn't stop it from being sold when it's the worst time to be sold. If it does go sellable after it goes rare then it changes nothing besides the fact that you can't sell the weapons now to get a varium and credit boost.

Personally, I really enjoy the stats on it and I don't want them to change. I do have a good Surgical Strike build that benefits from both strength and tech.

< Message edited by The ND Mallet Guy -- 7/27/2011 20:58:16 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
7/27/2011 20:59:00   
PivotalDisorder

support is the only stat that doesnt really have a debuff [except delta weapon curse. which is really rare] so it makes sense to spread the stats across dex, tech and str.

Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= Design Notes - July 27, 2011 - LQS is LIVE!
Page 1 of 1112345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition