Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Design Notes - July 27, 2011

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Design Notes - July 27, 2011
Page 6 of 11«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/28/2011 12:16:32   
goldslayer1

quote:

And the sellback really is secondary. Over the past couple weeks, my inbox has literally been at 99.9% with people begging for the Delta Weapons to be returned to them either because they got hacked or accidentally sold them. We thought if we made promo weapons unsellable, we wouldn't have to go back into everyone's account who accidentally sold the Delta weapons or got hacked and lost them. We're actually hoping to have an automated system for this in place by the time the Delta promo is over, to restore accounts to what they were on a certain date.

then make a simple system
give 1 day for the player to get the item they sold back (while varium and credits they got from it disappear) within 24 hours.
so if they got hacked or accidently sold the weapon they can get it back within 24 hours.

but premium players should be affected by not being able to sell delta weps for credits before buying another package.
i can understand that people get hacked or scammed
however there chat should not allow players to type their username or password in the chat.
and if they some how manage to do so then give them a temporary account lock for a day. and when he tries to login it will explain that he should not give away his username or pass.
they should also make warning signs when u login saying to never give away ur username or password.
mature players shouldn't be affected by this because a few players aren't smart enough to give away their info.
and since they have the delta weps then that means the purchased varium. so i wouldn't buy the whole "ill give u varium if u give me ur password" part if i just bought varium myself.

also i think the report system needs a revamp.
in AQW u can type in a small description of the the situation.
and when the report goes in, u check the time of the report and the chat log for that player when he got reported to see why that player
was reported.

quote:

if I knew the time, I would tell you. and as soon as I know the time I will announce it. But to ensure that we don't promise a time, then miss it, I am saying "when it's ready o'clock"

simple solution
have the LQS be released at a SPECIFIC time on saturday which should be after the friday release.
this way people know when to come online for the LQS. AQW release most LQS on saturdays because they aren't sure what time the friday release will be there.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 7/28/2011 12:21:04 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 126
7/28/2011 12:47:10   
Hun Kingq

Cinderella, since it is in honor of Tesla, then why can't tech be +9 or +10 to keep it in the spirit of things? Why does it have to equal a total of 16 won't the program allo you higher total stas then 16 or is 16 staffs favorite number?

Armor is to get extra protection not power and if they try to get extra power from armor then the damage they inflict should be less.

< Message edited by Hun Kingq -- 7/28/2011 13:01:51 >
Epic  Post #: 127
7/28/2011 12:57:58   
Fatal Impact

@Cinderella: Please change it to +8 dex/tech and +9 res or def

That would make us all very happy and there will be more buyers and more balance!

Thanks Alot!

-Fatal Impact
Epic  Post #: 128
7/28/2011 12:59:01   
Sageofpeace

some people actually buy the armor to fight i don't know why the difference of stat is 2 if any it give the same as bunny burg and space warrior and like i say the only difference between that one and the old one which is the big tuna one is 4 slot nothing else

Do not troll forum staff in your signature,
or you won't be allowed to have one. ~LB
Post #: 129
7/28/2011 13:29:52   
edwardvulture

Page is Naomi's last name?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 130
7/28/2011 13:38:44   
Ranloth
Banned

Cindy, now with +8 Dex and Tech, I don't like it.. My Founder Armor gives me DEX and STR so I want Armor with STR as well.. -.-
How about making Physical version with STR and DEX (and +2 Tech?) and Energy being STR and Tech (and +2 Dex?). This would be actually better than plain defensive Armor as in this case - no STR builds can use it at all due to no STR bonus.. -_-
AQ Epic  Post #: 131
7/28/2011 13:39:20   
elm street

I support the change to +8 in tech and dex (maybe +7dex and +9 tech just for the spirit?) but that would for sure make players happier and certianly made my day!

@above: str builds are completely over run in ed now anyways and u have armors that work efficiently but much more is just overkill. i litterally made my build 26-32 with pyhsical armor (+8) +12 +1 which is a total of 47-53 because i ran into so many of them one time.... i realize u want new armors and i agree but str builds are annoying enough in power now to take down when they hit 30 on over 40+ defense...

< Message edited by elm street -- 7/28/2011 13:43:59 >

God has a sense of humor, just look at the platypus http://www.newhotstuff.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/platypus.jpg
Epic  Post #: 132
7/28/2011 13:45:13   
Fatal Impact

@Trans: your just a founder who wants an OP armor for his strength build...

There was a greater tech bonus for a reason there not going to make +2 tech -.-

Making this armor 8 tech and 8 def will make it balanced. Not OP...
And It will also make this armor unique.
Epic  Post #: 133
7/28/2011 13:47:17   
Deboise

quote:

Balance Changes

We haven’t released the balance changes yet, since there are some problems we had to fix recently, and the list of proposed changes presented by our balance team is long and complicated. I’m not sure if we’ll squeeze them in this week or not.

Of course...

if we cant fix them then at least switch the balance or smthin!!! the tach merc has been top for three weeks!! my win ration is taking a huge hit from this month!!

DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 134
7/28/2011 14:00:15   
PumKing

which NCP will be selling the telsa armor?

P.S.finally an armor which doesnt automatically boost support XP

Carpe Dium--grab a carp, slap him around XD
Epic  Post #: 135
7/28/2011 14:02:31   
elm street

naomi.. and hopefully after the change (if u do which i realllyyy hope u do) it will be one that finally doesnt offer str

@below: also great stats and agreed on the case of the original stats

< Message edited by elm street -- 7/28/2011 14:13:04 >

God has a sense of humor, just look at the platypus http://www.newhotstuff.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/platypus.jpg
Epic  Post #: 136
7/28/2011 14:03:34   
Celestine
Constructive!

This is a release that's shaping up well, even though it's small.

Informing the players about the armors and taking suggestions on them is a great way to show the admins are listening.

The original armor stats is perhaps the only minor problem I had.
They aren't bad, but they benefit strength builds, which are running rampant and ruining the balance in PVP.

Better stats would be:

Str: +2
Dex: +5
Tech: +7
Supp: +2

That way it would not benefit any specific build and most players would have to adjust to the armor. As well as keeping Tech as the top stat. :P

The +8 Dex/Tech is a good alternative as well. So one or the other would be great, as long as the original stats aren't released. Just my opinion though. ^^

-Celestine
DF Epic  Post #: 137
7/28/2011 14:27:40   
Ranloth
Banned

@Fatal
Well current version can stay and how will it be OP'ed if it was balanced by Cindy and others? I gave ideas how Energy and Physical could be so stats are different for each version.
And it was my opinion, so don't comment on it. Also Strength build? Yeah because about 70-80 Str (with bonuses) as well as Support and a bit lower Tech & Dex is really a Strength build. Don't comment on my opinion, as you have no right to because I'm entitled to it.
AQ Epic  Post #: 138
7/28/2011 14:31:07   
elm street

and we can post our opinions of urs? and what if someone wants a physical resistance with same stats as the tech one... simply wont work

@below: LMAO ok dude im not gonna argue because u just dont get it....

< Message edited by elm street -- 7/28/2011 14:35:52 >

Epic  Post #: 139
7/28/2011 14:33:49   
Ranloth
Banned

Not really. What's the point of commenting on my opinion?
It's my own opinion, it won't change and it's a feedback for the Staff as well.

No I do get it, it's basically you giving me your feedback on my opinion.

< Message edited by Trans -- 7/28/2011 14:39:23 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 140
7/28/2011 14:39:39   
Celestine
Constructive!

Well it looks as if they decided to change the stats around, I have update the first page. ^^

-Celestine
DF Epic  Post #: 141
7/28/2011 14:42:01   
elm street

yyaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy (yes that was needed)

now all we need is a time lol

< Message edited by elm street -- 7/28/2011 14:43:05 >

Epic  Post #: 142
7/28/2011 14:44:28   
Ranloth
Banned

Elm, so yeah they actually considered the change.
I can't do anything about it now and moaning will really be a waste of time. But if it stayed like before, my idea would be somewhat good (Physical and Energy having different bonuses (P = Dex, E = Tech)).
AQ Epic  Post #: 143
7/28/2011 14:57:33   
Rayman
Banned

Now i gonna get the armor +8dex +8tec 8 slots :D.

< Message edited by raymanpwner -- 7/28/2011 14:58:10 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 144
7/28/2011 14:58:51   
1nf4m0u5

Was the stats changed cause it was different before it would be better if its 8 dex 4 tech 4 support (did this from my ipod )
Post #: 145
7/28/2011 15:00:02   
elm street

the whole tesla concept is energy why would it offer double the points in dex?

Epic  Post #: 146
7/28/2011 15:00:45   
Rayman
Banned

Stas: 8dex-8tec-8 slots-9 defe/resist. they changed it. read design notes again. :p
AQW Epic  Post #: 147
7/28/2011 15:04:13   
Yo son

Is perfect, to get varium, fianly, a reason to get varium.
Post #: 148
7/28/2011 15:05:47   
elm street

love it ill stalk that refresh button on update lol

Epic  Post #: 149
7/28/2011 15:05:47   
1nf4m0u5

Needs support some where rather have dex than tech because right now its the same as founder with 2 less enhancements but 2 more + need variation in stats thats why
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Design Notes - July 27, 2011
Page 6 of 11«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition