Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Releases

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Releases
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/19/2011 20:04:19   
Nexus...

@Shadronica

Very well put. I couldn't have said it better myself (although I tried). Thank You.

Prophet

< Message edited by Nexus... -- 8/19/2011 20:13:55 >
Epic  Post #: 26
8/19/2011 20:45:04   
Clutch

We don't need new employees, but I do feel we could use some help from the coding/programming side to get out features that have been discussed for YEARS faster(Tournaments, founder stepdown...). Perhaps another game's AE employee that can help titan do the actual hard coding of the game.
AQ Epic  Post #: 27
8/19/2011 22:17:56   
PowerMega

^That's exactly what I'm saying.

Artix Entertainment has invested into Epicduel, but its seems like the Epicduel developers are embarrassed to ask for help on this game that needs all the help it could get.

Like imagine if they got help from developers form the other AE games, their would already be balanced in this game, plus there would little to no delays.

< Message edited by PowerMega -- 8/19/2011 22:18:12 >
Post #: 28
8/19/2011 22:19:51   
Jatar The Legend

I hope ED will do whatever its got to so that things like tonight don't repeat themselves -.-
DF  Post #: 29
8/19/2011 22:22:59   
Nexus...

^ Won't happen. This has been going on for years, and they haven't listened thus far, probably due to the fact that people still praise them, and they still make a very large profit.

At this point, I refuse to play. Its beyond me how they can do this to their player base week after week.

Prophet
Epic  Post #: 30
8/19/2011 22:26:29   
PowerMega

quote:

This has been going on for years, and they haven't listened thus far, probably due to the fact that people still praise them, and they still make a very large profit.

Eactly, spot on Nexus.

People giving false positive feedback and their refusal to respond to negative feedback is hurting this game. It's like players are the the adults and Epicduel is like the child.

Too bad, Epicduel was brought up the wrong way...
Post #: 31
8/19/2011 23:52:46   
Lord Nub

Yep definitely not a game to be played too often. Just not enough to do and it makes it much harder when they only have one release a month that brings anything to the table.

Also I love how they blame Adobe for not being able to release anything. Seriously what's that got to do with anything? If it affects their ability to implement new features then how about uninstalling and installing the last version? Seriously not a clue as to how the Flash Player affects anything.

If it they aren't able to do anything how did they do the last update two days ago?
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
8/20/2011 0:22:21   
The Game
Pegasus Overlord

Let me say that I definitely understand the frustration here and I commend you guys for not derailing this thread, but with that being said, I do not like the tone of a lot of these posts, especially when said posts are not backed up by what can be done to help out the situation as is the topic of this thread. The goal of this thread is to voice how these roadblocks in ED's developmental path have hindered your character's development and again the game's development as a whole.

There is nothing wrong with being negative; however, if constructing unhelpful, negative posts is the singular purpose here, then I am afraid that there will be nothing further to discuss. So far, I have seen a lot of venting but minimal constructive discussion. Demeaning ED in an endeavor to voice your opinions will not get the job done and is actually counter-intuitive in the progress of this game. Being condescending, even if that is not the intent, is not necessary either; perception plays a large role in trying to translate the intent of a post and this is tricky over the internet, so extra caution must be taken.

In summary, there should be no further unfounded accusations made and no further finger pointing. Please, stay on topic. This is a notice before this thread potentially gets derailed. If you have a disagreement with this post, PM me regarding the matter. Direct responses in this thread will be deleted and regarded as off-topic.
AQ  Post #: 33
8/20/2011 1:53:46   
H4ll0w33n

Delayed Releases have defaintly made me go inactive and disappoints me if it keeps happening.
Well because there isnt updates every week i think what they could do to help us out is to lower varium pricing so the people who pay doesnt have to pay that much when there isnt any new content. I dont think charging that much is fair if we arent getting what we should get. I know this has been discussed but they havnt been giving us much information on if they even trying to get it done.
What can help them get releases out faster can be accepting more ideas from the community instead of making too many ideas of their own because its easier to take a idea that we like than making a idea that we might like.
A reasonable staff size imo is probably 15 people. I would like the team to put in more effort to find programmers instead of waiting for them to show up.

< Message edited by H4ll0w33n -- 8/20/2011 1:55:48 >
Post #: 34
8/20/2011 6:38:39   
MirageD

quote:

Over in AQ, we just hired another artist, but we've been needing the extra help for well over two years. MQ's team has been significantly cut in size in order to gain more help for AQW, as has DF's at times. And out of the entire AE team, most of the people on staff aren't actually the primary coders for the games....they write or can do some art, but coding is generally much more limited amongst our team.

There's a lot of people who can do "some Flash", but we're not looking for "some Flash" and "some art experience". Artists for AE have to be able to draw in Flash, which is not necessarily the same as being able to draw. Coders for AE generally need to be somewhat more capable than "I can build a minigame". When AE showed off some of its games to Abode's own staff, they were amazed that games like this could even EXIST in AS2/3. That's how limited the pool is....Abode's own staff wouldn't necessarily qualify for a job with us. And out of that, we have to pick people out of this community who know the game and can match the art/code style. It's not as easy as you're making it out to be.

i greatly appreciate LB's post. it's the first i've seen that clarifies the ED situation in regards to coding support. my only question is ....why can't ED "borrow" some support from AQW coding staff (they use Flash too) until they can get through the re-build and ADOBE update? some inkling of an alternate approach to fix the current situation would help give the community a positive outlook....at the moment it just seems to be an "oh well, business as usual, we'll just keep trying" ....and that approach isn't solving anything ....what happens when ADOBE makes yet another release?

< Message edited by MirageD -- 8/20/2011 6:39:24 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 35
8/20/2011 9:44:56   
Joe10112

One month ago, I came back to ED and am readdicted. Nothing has changed within the past month (that affects me. Tesla armor and stuff are small stuff). Personally, that's fine with me for right now, as long as we don't say "Next Week" over and over. if it's going to be a little while before the release, how about ED says "Two Weeks until this release" and if they get it within one week, the ED community will be all "WOW! and NICE JOB!" I'm not saying it's your fault, I know coding is hard and Adobe is a monster to work with. But if you give yourself some slack, and give yourself two weeks, if you get it in one, then that's going to surprise the ED community, and if you get it in two, its expected. But be warned...if you guys dont get in after two weeks, there is going to be raging...

But i'm very excited for next week...if it releases. Which i believe will happen. Go ED!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
8/20/2011 9:48:52   
Drakadh

Well, what I am waiting now is when will Cindy post the price of the items + its stats! ( Maybe not stats but Price will do ) They look so epic! Especially the one that looks like stripe and stars! ( Hope its non var! )

~LA
AQW Epic  Post #: 37
8/20/2011 10:48:07   
PumKing

The real problem isn't that the developers are taking a while to do updates for new weps, areas, batle formats/types, MUCH NEEDED BALANCE/NOT FAVORING A SPECIFIC CLASS, the problem is that they have lost there credibility because they refuse to keep the times that they promise to the community. As there track record has shown, why not just simply say that if something SHOULD actually come out in a week, just tack on 2 weeks to that for the safe, and ultimately correct side of the time table. And if they miraculously are able to finish it soon, then HUZZA it comes out earlier than posted and the devs look like coding heros. It really is a simple consept/mind game which I don't understand why the devs haven't implemented yet, because quite frankly, who would know besides the devs themselves.
Epic  Post #: 38
8/20/2011 10:58:10   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

I still dont know hot to turn off latest flash in google chrome. could someone message me?

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 39
8/20/2011 11:21:57   
Fay Beeee

I will pm you now. :)
Epic  Post #: 40
8/20/2011 11:40:43   
Lord Barrius

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lord Nub

Yep definitely not a game to be played too often. Just not enough to do and it makes it much harder when they only have one release a month that brings anything to the table.

Also I love how they blame Adobe for not being able to release anything. Seriously what's that got to do with anything? If it affects their ability to implement new features then how about uninstalling and installing the last version? Seriously not a clue as to how the Flash Player affects anything.
Uninstalling the Flash update and pretending it doesn't exist is not a good way to design a game, seeing as how the net result of that is that you have to tell all of your players to install a very specific version of Flash and then never upgrade it again.

A game which does that is one that will quickly become unplayable for new players, as the specific version of Flash becomes harder and harder to locate amongst Adobe's vastly disorganized website full of updates and patches.

EDIT: Additionally, if the other AE games *don't* do that and continue to require updates to your Flash, you're in hot water.

< Message edited by Lord Barrius -- 8/20/2011 12:13:33 >
Post #: 41
8/20/2011 11:57:37   
sylar67

the bottom line of this topic is stop promising stuff you cant do .
the bottom of the bottom line : when the update is 100% done working on and tested say the update is tomorro -.-" .
its really annoying to pay on and play a game built on lies .

enough said .

~Sylar
Post #: 42
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Releases
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition