Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: why is this?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: why is this?
Page 8 of 30«<678910>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/25/2011 13:10:51   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

How much do you think massacre should do at lvl 10?
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 176
9/25/2011 13:24:11   
AQWPlayer

@Chosen 0ne
What about 200% :P
AQW  Post #: 177
9/25/2011 13:28:31   
PD

Massacre damage exponentially increases compared to other attacks, which means sooner or later massacre would've been too powerful.

Here's a picture of the 3 super skills in damage comparisons that I made a few months ago. It's but a rough representation of the damage curves that these skills do. But it's close enough that it'll help people visualize what I'm talking about.

Click for picture

That my friends is what would happen if Massacre had it's old damage figures.

< Message edited by PD -- 9/25/2011 13:33:02 >
Post #: 178
9/25/2011 13:36:48   
Goony
Constructive!

Any of these balance suggestions been implemented?

May as well talk to a brick wall guys, maybe you will see a spider climb the wall and at least you might get a reaction then!
Epic  Post #: 179
9/25/2011 13:39:24   
TurkishIncubus

massacre is uped , it requires too much support and energy but doesnt give good enough % more dmg. Max berserker is better it takes 45 energy and give you 90% more dmg with no supp requirement :)

Epic  Post #: 180
9/25/2011 13:42:43   
PD

^^ Bezerker is also blockable and compensates its damage with rage.
Post #: 181
9/25/2011 13:47:39   
helloguy

why are you comparing berserker with massacre beserker isnt a ultimate skill surgical strike is
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 182
9/25/2011 13:50:31   
LatinLover/Martini

Massacre depends on your strength, balance of your build and the level at which you put your massacre. If your facing someone who has a lot of dexterity it will be weaker. In my opinion if you have the right strength build and your facing an easy opponent, massacre is one of the best moves ever in Epicduel.
AQW Epic  Post #: 183
9/25/2011 14:31:34   
edwardvulture

Super Nerf heal progressions after +42 at level one.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 184
9/25/2011 14:43:32   
od

@PD
Mass still increases really fast, at lvl 10 with delta daggers it gives almost 50 extra damage which means that even if you have only 11-14 primary it will do over 90 dmg. Imagine at lvl 40, when max massacre would give almost 60 extra damage for +40 primairies
Epic  Post #: 185
9/25/2011 15:06:24   
Wootz

Yeah well,
The truth is no one is ever going to use a maxxed Massacre. Maybe someone will, I want to try on my Cyber Hunter, aswell.
AQW Epic  Post #: 186
9/25/2011 16:03:32   
One Winged Angel1357

@AQW i have seen more full Varium TM's then you would think over teh last 48 hours but their numbers are shadowed by the number of TLM's
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 187
9/25/2011 16:56:33   
od

@Speedy
I made a theoretical build a while ago, and I remember a while ago almost got beaten by a CH using max massacre despite him going second and having a skipped turn, since his mass did over 60 damage on me.

Have you guys also noticed how there is not a single full varium ordinary merc at lvl cap? The last time I saw one was almost a month ago. U think this is because the 5 skills that mercs have over tact mercs are bunker buster, blood shield, intimidate, field commander and zerk. All 5 of those got replaced by superior skills ( toxic grenade > bunker buster, frenzy > bezerk, reroute > blood shield, technician > field commander, smoke > intimidate)
Epic  Post #: 188
9/25/2011 17:09:23   
Shao Kahn

I'm only level 30 but I'm a varium mercenary who uses a strength build with max berserk, it took me a while to choose though so I maxed my delta daggers and staff and need to on the maul when I buy more and get a better aux... anyway point is mercenary has higher base strength than tactical can rage berserk for crazy damage can carry boosters if gets emped and overall I think of it as a better class. I kill tacticals all the time 3 levels higher than me simply by doing more with strength than they can with support. The mercenary will make a comeback especially if the tactical gets nerfed.

Sorry for the lengthy post.

Post #: 189
9/25/2011 17:23:24   
One Winged Angel1357

Shao being that TLM and Merc share one of the problematic skills the nerf to TLM could have adverse affects on Merc as well. With that said it has a higher chance of affecting Mage but it could also affect BH as well so the problem here is a handful of nerfs(mostly nerfing the problem skills) might punish the base class but seeing as Mage had four turn heal while everyone else had three turn the Devs might just punish TLM but you never know.

Anyway becuase im tired of the TLM talk it is all we really talk about anyway im gonna complain about Assimlate for a sec. Assimilate needs to dampen or null the effects of reroute on teh turn it is used becuase i have lost a fight to both a mage and a TLM becuase i critted with assimlate which gave them more energy then it took away thus being a controdictive skill.

The TLM case was i used Assimlate which removed 9 but gave back 10(crit while malf was in affect) giving him more then enough energy to stun me then win. After the stun he had 5 energy left so if Assimalte nulled Reroute this would not have happened

As for the mage the Assmilate took him from 16 to 17 he then healed an beat me. I most likely would have lost this fight anyway as my build is not that great against Support mages but hey you never know
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 190
9/25/2011 17:28:11   
Shao Kahn

Seems kinda contradicting for a skill that takes away mp to give the opponent it. Personally I think it shouldn't be that way for it to match up to emp grnade better.

I don't rely on field medic or anything for my build I have exact 45 mana for berserk and have replacement skills to use if I run out of boosters. It sure would be a shame to see mercenary nerfed it has trouble keeping up with tacticals, but it can do it a nerf would destroy its chances though.
Post #: 191
9/25/2011 17:31:09   
Wootz

Alright, I'll try a Max Massacre build tommorow. Gotta sleep now.
The last full varium mercenary I've seen was boby96
AQW Epic  Post #: 192
9/25/2011 17:51:13   
od

@ OWA
Maybe make asim factor in after reroute, so if they have only a little energy and you crit you'll take more than just the amount
of ep they had left before your strike.
Kinda off topic, but blood Mage really needs asim or some E drainer, it's really difficult fighting builds when they E drain you and you can't fight back :(

< Message edited by od -- 9/25/2011 17:52:36 >
Epic  Post #: 193
9/25/2011 17:58:20   
One Winged Angel1357

Assim got removed in place of SC on BM

anyway if you had it factor in after Reroute that would only help you if they had 2 energy less then what you drain and you hit a three so that doesnt really fix anything as the two cases i pointed out where both out of that range and thus would still have happened
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 194
9/25/2011 18:51:00   
od

@ OWA
Perhaps making asim a poison on ep; It does 70% damage, and then does 3 turns of ep poison.
Epic  Post #: 195
9/25/2011 18:55:02   
One Winged Angel1357

i feel like it would just be easier and less problematic to have reroute nulled so the Devs dont have to worry about balancing anything becuase EMP is how it is so how would Assimilate, which drains less, suddenly become unbalanced
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 196
9/25/2011 20:24:23   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

With much discussion about how enhancements has made builds more out of balance, another issue are players who carry multiple accounts. Trying to support this game with 3 varium accounts, my main has only stayed competitive, yet the other 2 have now regulated themselves to 2v2 play. Though this is fine, it does frustrate me. I don't like buying items where I have to invest over a month of playing just fully enhance it or paying double.

Personally, enhancements is second bucket where monies are invested to support one account. While alts not having the same amount of time and monies to invest as their main, it is very difficult buying varium items knowing they are not as effective as their fully enhanced varium and maybe possible versus their fully enhanced non varium counterparts. How long are you going to release items where people who can't afford to buy weapons to compete with them as they wish, so it just sits in their inventory. My list of unused near level items continue to expand. Why should this happen?

There is no reason at all enhancements were ever needed and now with no buffing of seasonal items, they are even needed less.

It is best to slowly eliminate them and let players choose multiple weapons of their choice instead of one and paying twice (in time or monies) to make it competitive.

There needs to be better ways of gaining monies instead of this way. Enhancements are a money pit, and should be eliminated.

< Message edited by JZaanu -- 9/26/2011 2:14:17 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 197
9/26/2011 4:47:31   
TurkishIncubus

1)Str TLM is not OPED

2)Nerf Field medic , it gives super amount of hp

3)Asim-Asim-Asim , change intimidate with asim for BM

4)Remove supp req on Shadow arts , this will buff both CH and BH

thats it have a nice balanced game :)

< Message edited by TurkishIncubus -- 9/26/2011 5:00:39 >
Epic  Post #: 198
9/26/2011 5:27:47   
BlueKatz

Are you crazy? STR TLM is OP. If STR Mer was OP, STR TLM is even more OP with no problem of blocking (Smoke), no MP problem (Reround) and with Healing (Frenzy) and of course still have Maul, Atom and Smoke is like Zerker.

The 2 most OP stat is STR and Support. While idk what to do with STR, Support can be easily nerfed by simple make Deflection, Rage, Go First and Crit scale lower the more stat you spend with, like the current stat system: The higher your stat the higher the requirement. This might nerf Dex too with Block being scaled
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 199
9/26/2011 6:26:02   
TurkishIncubus

^ if i can do a single block with higher dex ( WTF with high dex i want to block :S , i should be joking *sarcasm* ) i can win all str TLM with BM or CH
Epic  Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: why is this?
Page 8 of 30«<678910>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition