Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Update Feedback

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Update Feedback
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/12/2011 9:56:50   
ed_rox

@basicball
str tlms have high dex bcos they wouldn't want enemies to block so a dex req wouldnt do much
Post #: 51
10/12/2011 11:16:06   
Basicball

@ed_rox: really? as a Merc (any kind), i'd rather invest in tech, so i get some resistance in addition to my heavy hybrid armor defences, i also like that hybrid is (at the beginning of fights) def instead of resist, as it takes less stats to get to X-X resist then it does to get to X-X def.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 52
10/12/2011 11:18:55   
BadWitch

OK,This is so lame.The single class OP was tlm and still is,they ruin the support,but what about strength,now is full of str builds in Ed...and they ruin tech mages for good.How is this balanced?And pls remove atom smasher,that make it even worse..

< Message edited by BadWitch -- 10/12/2011 11:22:42 >

Epic  Post #: 53
10/12/2011 11:21:45   
I am Primal

it's not balanced THEY DESTROYED BALANCE
Post #: 54
10/12/2011 11:41:38   
zelemania

This update buffed str tlms and killed most support builds. Really its almost impossible to kill decent str tlm now.
Post #: 55
10/12/2011 11:46:57   
Dendavex

Its a good update because they're just ruining their own game
Epic  Post #: 56
10/12/2011 11:53:46   
TurkishIncubus

This is an awesome update i think , first of all no more +62 hp with 17 energy (which is a TLM nerf)

And A good TLM = A good BM = A good BH = A good CH , now on these 4 classes are equal i think , A BM with max berserker(with an energy primary can easyly kill a TLM , a BH with high Dex and Reflex can easyly do 2-3 blocks with help of shadow arts and also there is CH with almost unlimited energy.

MODs already told they are thinking ways to buff TM so i think this update is a success

Epic  Post #: 57
10/12/2011 12:10:42   
Remorse

^when thinking of the communtity I disagre.

What you are stating is pretty much all builds which didnt use field medic much are now good. BUT that means they just cut the build variety down to barely anything, pffff balance update, how could they call it that, id call it make everything the same update and when everything is the same wat is the bloody point of this game, that is why requirments are stupid they force things to be only focus which is destroying the game.

However personally I am better off after this update since support TLMs are gone but Id rather argue for the community and the good of ED then myself.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 10/12/2011 12:12:39 >
Epic  Post #: 58
10/12/2011 12:13:37   
Algorithm

This release is great IMO.
Post #: 59
10/12/2011 12:17:14   
.Nikzat.

the update whas great it nerfed the 2nd best build in the game. and the support spammers.
Epic  Post #: 60
10/12/2011 12:30:21   
Darkeroid

Im a TM but this is a buff instead of a nerf for me.
I use a str build,and it used to heal 44 at lvl 5.now it does 44-3=41.not much of a difference.
Plus,It nerfs all support Tlms(and a slight(only a slight)nerf to str tlms as well)

So,stop complaining peeps.
Epic  Post #: 61
10/12/2011 12:34:31   
PumKing

Why does everyone think that it is only the tlm and merc class that uses the support system, you ALL forget to mentiopn the tech mage class, they use the support build very well, but they don't have the added bonus of a hybrid armor to hide behind, so not only have the tech mages been screwed over by the devs by the new requirment for reroute, but also due to the now worthless feild medic, which they require because they focus on support more than def and res, *gives slown sarcastic hand clap to devs* great job on making sure there are diversifying builds that can all equally work well in the game devs.

*note, I am a bounty hunter, so let that temper your thoughts, I am not some tech mage raging about a change in playing strategy, I am another class entirely who sees the tech mage class once again be squashed into one single build to be competitive, and it is now becoming less effective
Epic  Post #: 62
10/12/2011 12:36:27   
zelemania

@Turkish When ur precious OP str tlm is fixed I bet u'll be the first one complaining.

< Message edited by zelemania -- 10/12/2011 12:37:06 >
Post #: 63
10/12/2011 12:45:06   
Remorse

@Pumking

I agree, Thats what I meant when I try to say as a community which includes Mages this has not been a smart fair release, nor has it had the entire desired effect of equalling TLMs as was orignally intended.

Once agian I am actuly benfited by this so this is entierly unselfish words.
Epic  Post #: 64
10/12/2011 12:49:38   
endtime

The Mage and Cyber Hunter class has been totally annihilated and the support stat has been rendered useless.

Mages' and CH's only defense was Field Medic because unlike TLM/Merc they lack a huge passive shield (Hybrid) and unlike BM, TLM, and BH they lack an auto HP gainer (Bloodlust and Frenzy).
Meanwhile, support is a useless stat. The main advantage support gave was a Field Medic Boost. Without that, the only significant benefit support gives is an aux, which can hit only once every 3 turns so why choose support when you can have strength and get a strike that is available every turn and an unblockable gun every two turns?

A possibility could be to allow Mages and CHs have a field medic that improves with support like in the previous system, while the other classes have the current Field Medic system.
AQW Epic  Post #: 65
10/12/2011 12:57:06   
Remorse

@endtime, that is a great Idea,

Let mages and cyber hunters have support increasing heal.

But having said that are they the only 2 that deserve it?

Persoanlly I think any class without hybrid deserves the right to support improving heal.
Epic  Post #: 66
10/12/2011 12:58:32   
Ranloth
Banned

FYI guys, Cindy has stated that TLM will have their skills changed around and Ashari confirmed it on IRC when I asked.
AQ Epic  Post #: 67
10/12/2011 13:00:35   
Remorse

^yeh but isnt it slightly late?

They already added pointless requirements which effect other classes more then the TLMs and nerf heal to the extreme all in the name of nerfing TLMs... (why not just adjust their skill tree first..)

But still thanks for the heads up, plus its nice to know that they are actully trying to make good balance decesions.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 10/12/2011 13:01:54 >
Epic  Post #: 68
10/12/2011 13:02:22   
Baron Dante

It's funny how people claim TM sucks because of FM and RR remake...

Support builds suck now. So? There are still very decent builds that work just fine.

The same goes for all classes. When changes are made, new builds may or may not be needed. I've never had any issues, and I'd say my builds are more than decent on their own right.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 69
10/12/2011 13:03:35   
Ranloth
Banned

Yeah I agree it's late as TLM, I wouldn't mind different skills as I like creativity not same build everywhere.. :/

It might take some time, might not, but expect TLM having their skills changed and we DID get told about it before it's happened (in DNs by Cindy).
AQ Epic  Post #: 70
10/12/2011 13:05:50   
endtime

@remorse

The thing is Blood Mage and Bounty Hunters have bloodlust, which help them heal without Field Medic while Merc/TLM have a huge shield (hybrid) that help them defend. So these four classes don't really need stronger heals unlike mages and CHs who have no good defensive measures besides 3-turn-lasting/energy-costing/1-turn-wasted-to-use shields.

----
Honestly, if they wanted to nerf TLM, they should have replaced hybrid with defense matrix. CHs only have Shadow Arts which is undoubtedly weaker than reroute and they are deemed fine by the staff. So why can't TLM, who not only have Reroute and Hybrid but also Frenzy--a near equal to Static Charge--lose hybrid?

< Message edited by endtime -- 10/12/2011 13:10:08 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 71
10/12/2011 13:08:57   
Remorse

@baron , although your logic makes sence its not 100% true.

As its not they same for str builds, they are reletively uneffected by a heal nerf were as everything else is and their is not too many effective strength mage builds ( im not saying their isnt any)
hence why it seems that its not all equal ground its either not be effected and thrive or be effected and notice a change in victories.

@endtime, I supose your right,

I would really like to see you changes made, even though im not a Blood mage nor a Cyber hunter. I think it would be great balance having equlish defesive style moves between classes.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 10/12/2011 13:12:02 >
Epic  Post #: 72
10/12/2011 13:22:03   
Baron Dante

@Remorse:

1) I, for one, despise the whole concept of a STR TM. Because, y'know, Mages aren't mean to use strength to get through things. Of course, it's a personal preference. I use SC build instead, something many note me for, most likely "lol uranoob". :/ The point is, STR TM is not the only choice.

2) Keep in mind that this wasn't all the changes coming. I'm going to wait till that happens before I lay down my verdict.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 73
10/12/2011 13:22:38   
PivotalDisorder

The change to the skill tree is already coming. that was confirmed. just relax and see what the big changes are :)
Post #: 74
10/12/2011 13:29:52   
Remorse

@Baron,

I agree with you that their are other builds, my mage alternate also uses a SC build which has caught many higher varium levels by surprise (good old stun then SC combo)
But it is still alot weaker now I cant get a decent heal in when the situation arises.

Just because its not entierly focused around support does not mean it doesnt have to reily on a good heal from time to time.
but I do understand were you are coming from and I must admit it does feel good not coming up against support TLMs.
Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Update Feedback
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition