Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Smoke makes TLM oped.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Smoke makes TLM oped.
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/29/2011 8:44:08   
jegaggin

maybe change smoke screen with malfunction?

AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
10/29/2011 8:47:01   
Remorse

^ maybe,

Though it may lead to support spamming problems agian.
Epic  Post #: 27
10/29/2011 8:48:07   
drinde

+5 Focus Support OP anyone?
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 28
10/29/2011 8:49:33   
jegaggin

but technician plus smokescreen is already too synergized.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
10/29/2011 8:53:05   
drinde

Technician gets replaced with BloodShield, Atom Smasher with Reflex Boost and Reroute with Assimilation.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 30
10/29/2011 8:57:34   
Gepard Acht

^ i dont think its wise to give Tlm reflex boost ...
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
10/29/2011 8:58:32   
jegaggin

bloodshield is just bad. I think it should be taken out of the game... reflex boost.. that doesnt seem very right. shouldnt atom smasher be replaced by assimilation.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
10/29/2011 9:15:56   
drinde

Must remove reroute! Reflex wouldn't be so bad with Stun 'Nade replacing Maul. >:D
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 33
10/29/2011 9:19:46   
Remorse

^thank you!

Epic  Post #: 34
10/29/2011 9:22:29   
PivotalDisorder

quote:

42 dex = 14-17 def
Hybrid = 12 def

so 26-29 defence for tactical mercs without any stat modifiers/enhancements. for anyone else to get 26-29 they would need 82 dex [25-30 defence]

that values Hybrid armour at effectively 40 stat points. not really sure how the game can possibly be balanced when one class gets energy regen [Reroute],
a debuff [Smoke Screen], health regen [Frenzy], a resistance boost and Smoke Screen boost [Technician], a stun [Maul] and 40+ free stat points.
Quoted myself from the Balance topic

so again, to all the tactical mercs defending their class, is it fair if they remove Hybrid Armour from Tac mercs and give it to Mages and Hunters? [all types]
your answer MUST be yes or you are admitting your class is OP with Hybrid Armour and any other class with it would then become OP :)
Post #: 35
10/29/2011 9:28:16   
jegaggin

psi... every class has a defense (dex thingy) booster. The reason why mercs have hybrid? because its our class...mercs were supposed to be tanks, mages using unblockable attacks + loads of buffs, hunters: quick damage + direct damage
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
10/29/2011 9:31:33   
Arcanis

Don't try to switch skills with already existing skills. Devs made that mistake when they made some classes share skills e.a. reroute or smoke
with all same reqs,cons and pros. As classes aren't same,neither should be skills. If that was approached from that angle,we would never have this mess.
Nerfing a class with (shared) skill changes only leads to another cycle of imbalance.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
10/29/2011 9:32:44   
Gepard Acht

^ finally someone else had noticed this, its so unfair that they have lots of def with no stat modifiers on the dex and just 42 dex

and you might want to add quick kill to the pros of the mercs as well, not just tank

< Message edited by lynxian -- 10/29/2011 9:35:33 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
10/29/2011 9:35:00   
jegaggin

just 42 dex? thats quite a lot of dex.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
10/29/2011 9:40:20   
Gepard Acht

add the HA, it should be 25 def or something , and even low lvls can achieve that
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
10/29/2011 11:05:48   
Victoran

i think some of the things that should also be looked at iss

TactMerc Support+aux = ungodly damage despite higher defenses especially on rages and crits
BountyHunter Strength spam + massacre = wtf pain O.o

but on the topic of these tact merc skills its SUPPOSE to be there style to be able to manipulate the battle in a more tactical manner than the brute force of the regular mercenary. BUT this has
been done in a bad manner and unfortunatley has led to some VERY op skill sets which create extremely powerfull builds. WHat I propose is to create newer skills .. like uhmm personally I think it would be cool to have a more "engineer" sorta thing like a turret that pops up and shoots the enemy like 4 times for ( starting level 1 like 15% damage per shot to a total of 60% and at level 10 27% for a total of 108% damage that increases with tech ? or something like that. I just think them reusing skills is a little bad because classes who share skills together are screwed together when a skill gets nerfed.
Post #: 41
10/29/2011 11:13:55   
PivotalDisorder

the 3 new classes are getting new super skills, to replace surgical strike, massacre and supercharge. ^^
also tactical mercs getting skill tree change. but I will never change my mind about Hybrid Armour being a gamebreaking skill.
Post #: 42
10/29/2011 11:29:39   
Victoran

psi ~ the problem with only those skills being changes is the fact there are plenty other skills being shared between classes this could normally be ok but if one class gains an OP build due to a skill but the other classes only have average builds using it when the OP build gets the skill nerfed the other classes suffer so yeah shared skills can be OK but they can be severe trouble.
Post #: 43
10/29/2011 11:32:09   
frogbones
Banned

Finally we agree on something, psi. There is no arguing with the numbers you provided regarding HA.

Imo, Smoke is a trivial skill. It is easily contered by Assault Bot, DM, and/or Reflex Boost.

HA or Reroute needs to go.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 44
10/29/2011 11:55:37   
Calogero

Problem with Hybrid armor and Tact merc is, You can't give it any requirement that would ' nerf ' the class...
Every requirement just helps in into Overpowerdness...

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 45
10/29/2011 19:59:32   
Mecha Mario
Mechanized Plumber

Locking this up. Please keep balance discussions in the Balance Discussions thread.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Smoke makes TLM oped.
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition