Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

The Gap3.0

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> The Gap3.0
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/25/2011 19:45:37   
One Winged Angel1357

Well we have all been here before but now we are back to where we began. The Gap, Variums and Non Varium, power range how do you guys feel about it.

Yeah im keeping this nice and short just so we can be as open ended as possible and discuss every part of this.

Notes:
Do not discuss pricing
Do not Flame members of the other party, we are all equal here
This thread is not about Founders either so dont try to force them into it, it is about everyone

Shari's stamp of approval on this thread.
Remember, please do not turn this into a Varium vs. non-Varium, or Varium pricing discussion. ~Ashari

< Message edited by Ashari -- 11/25/2011 19:46:46 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 1
11/25/2011 20:10:55   
DeathGuard

The only nonvariums that have chances are fews, but the mayority are TLMs, they have start becoming weak again and the gap is about to be larged again.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 2
11/25/2011 20:13:46   
Gepard Acht

I feel like the gap is closing already, but the those guys are either str abuser, plain smart or both , so idiotic dudes are suppose to lose lol just like how a game is suppose to be
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
11/25/2011 22:03:19   
od

I've fought around 50 battles with bloodmage, about 85% of those matches were against varium tact mercs.
If I fought one with a bad build ( one guy had a P armor, low Tec and hp) who I destroyed despite 2 crits.
But if I fight one with a good build and plays well I have to go 1st and block to win, which happens occasionally.
I think for dedicated f2ps with 20+ enhances, the gap is good but for most casual players who play 15-30 mins a day the gap is too big
Epic  Post #: 4
11/25/2011 22:36:16   
button33

In my humble opinion, the gap is closing. Even though I am varium, I have played as a non varium before and I know how you feel. However, with the newly released weapons with so much damage and stats, I think the gap is closing. The ability to class change for credits, even at a high price is a start. This allows other people who cannot spend real money to class change a chance to play the game at a different perspective. I think that in the future, the gap will be smaller. One step, not buffing rares is a pretty good step to closing the gap. Overall, I think the playing field is closer
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
11/25/2011 23:33:33   
PD

Note: as long as someone says, "I think" or "I Believe", it doesn't hold value until proven correct.

Get some numbers out, and do the math to prove that the gap is closing [or widening].
Post #: 6
11/25/2011 23:56:00   
nico0las

The gap is small for those smart enough to be able to span it.
There are some non variums who are FAR superior to even the best of us variums.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
11/26/2011 1:00:40   
Thylek Shran

Now imagine they would have varium.

@PD
Thats a very cute little dawg.

v.35.3 (2016-01-23) ~ beam.to/shran
DF Epic  Post #: 8
11/26/2011 1:25:18   
Remorse

@ Nicolas

I agree!

Some casses Non varium are extremely Uped then in other casses they can be too good! It is all determined by thier class and the class they are fighting.

I think if they wanted to consider reducing the varium non varium gap they need to first fix balance so that their is equal ground to wok with.

Nothing worse then when one one hand non variums destroy as TLMs and then they completely UPed as anything else then all will be practically forced to class change costing 50k only to have TLMs nerfed soon after(I doubt it though e.e).

The longer they wait to fix balance the bigger the dmagae will be for all non variums so I hope they do it soon for once!
Epic  Post #: 9
11/26/2011 1:46:54   
Gepard Acht

^ agreed, rather then thinkin about the gaps, the only way to make it better is to balance everything first so there could be a start
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
11/26/2011 2:53:19   
xxomegafaustxx

40+ stat difference Gap? I think not.

Also to add. . .

Be careful of the qualifiers employed: "some", "few", does not represent the community as a whole. Do not make a claim that oversimplifies.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
11/26/2011 5:01:48   
TurkishIncubus

The gap = 0 , when a non varium do 3 crit 2 block im like kill me quick so with paying 0 money on this game they have enough chance to win a varium player.

Epic  Post #: 12
11/26/2011 5:36:45   
Remorse

^ and so it should be

It should not be pay=win and not pay =always lose.

Plus luck should NOT be the only way possible for non variums to win they should have a chnace with stretgy no matter what class they are.

Im starting to get sick of all the selfish players on this game :/
Epic  Post #: 13
11/26/2011 6:29:01   
TurkishIncubus

^ They have a chance with right strategy , with a non varium TM(non of the weps enhanced) i could beat some varium players.

And this thread will lead to enhancement pricing again cause thats the main point of why non variums are weak

quote:

Im starting to get sick of all the selfish players on this game :/

no one cares

I dont think someone came here and could say "i never lost to a Non Varium player". If they use strategy they can beat variums but Not using strategy(copy builds + attack spam) + Being Non varium shouldnt have a chance against varium players.

The thing called "Varium" should give an advantage in battles thats the point of it. If a non varium(with no enhance) will have a winning chance against a full Varium player that also seem wrong.

If the credit enhance price reduced to 50k at max enhance problem will be solved.
Epic  Post #: 14
11/26/2011 6:57:06   
AQWPlayer

quote:

I dont think someone came here and could say "i never lost to a Non Varium player". If they use strategy they can beat variums but Not using strategy(copy builds + attack spam) + Being Non varium shouldnt have a chance against varium players.

The thing called "Varium" should give an advantage in battles thats the point of it. If a non varium(with no enhance) will have a winning chance against a full Varium player that also seem wrong.

There should be a chance for noobs to win against full variums...but that chance is 0.0001% :P
AQW  Post #: 15
11/26/2011 8:13:21   
axiel

in my oppinion most tlm non variums are great so your bets altenative is buy varium or turn tlm..
unless the devs help you guys out.. they cant just add a good wep because that will also give non varium tlms a buff..
tlm are strongest in f2p and varium simple as that

AQW Epic  Post #: 16
11/26/2011 8:20:06   
BlueKatz

Out of 10 battle, I see only 1 Non Varium
Out of 10 Non Varium, I see 9 TLM
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 17
11/26/2011 8:22:51   
axiel

@bluekatz

That is soooooo true.. you don't see many non variums and if you do it's usually 9/10 that are tlm ..
unless there lv 30 and lower because they don't usually change at that lv.
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
11/26/2011 9:28:59   
ngshuyi94

The gap closed alot after the creation of the TLAPD weapons. Also, i should expect more fun for the non variums after the non varium bots are released as we will be able to try new builds such as 5 focus which we have not tried b4.

I find it no point complaining about the gap. Varium is meant to give an advantage which is what it is doing right now. Also, if ur good, ur good. U might be able to beat a few variums with strategy. On the other hand, if u suk, theres nothing i can do, the only suggestion i can give u is to get the latest varium gear.

Seven Stars - Seven Heaven
My Character Webpage! =D
http://epicduel.artix.com/charpage.asp?id=ngshuyi

Epic  Post #: 19
11/26/2011 13:01:50   
PD

TPLAD doesn't count. That's a rare event.

It only goes down if there's permanent conent to close a gap. Please don't use rares as an example of how the gap is closing because rares are only around for a limited time meaning that future generations or unlucky people don't get them.
Post #: 20
11/26/2011 13:06:30   
goldslayer1

@pd
on that case then, rare varium gear shouldn't count either.
AQW Epic  Post #: 21
11/26/2011 13:12:18   
PD

It doesn't either.

I don't see why people think that the gap closes when a RARE item that only happens for a LIMITED TIME is available for a LIMITED number of people to BUY.
Post #: 22
11/26/2011 13:20:57   
endtime

If anything the gap has gotten too small. The difference between a varium and nonvarium player is hundreds of dollars. If you can't definitely win against somebody who has paid no money, while you've paid hundreds of dollars or spent time on surveys, then this game has gotten completely ridiculous.
AQW Epic  Post #: 23
11/26/2011 13:22:02   
goldslayer1

@pd
well idk i dont like to get much into the var vs non var arguements
but when a rare items comes out people thank the devs for closing the gap
(keep in mind most are variums themselves)

@endtime
i also have to agree with u on that.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 11/26/2011 13:23:03 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 24
11/26/2011 13:39:48   
seangchea

How about all these f2p dedicated players do what I do and EARN varium it's not hard just do frickin surveys
AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> The Gap3.0
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition