Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Otherworldly Encounter (C&C)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> Otherworldly Encounter (C&C)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/29/2011 22:46:31   
Frenetic Raptor

Been a long while since I've been here, though I've brought along a story in development. Haven't gotten too far with the idea, though if anyone wishes to read more, I will be more than happy to post early updates. Otherwise, only scheduled additions to the story will be made. This kind of plot is a total experiment on my part, so I am unsure how far along this will advance as of this point, but I will have to see. For those who desire to take a peek at the brief intro so far, the link is as follows.

Follow along with Akora's Otherworldly Encounter

< Message edited by Frenetic Raptor -- 11/29/2011 23:03:46 >
Post #: 1
11/30/2011 2:31:38   
Glais

Like it so far though what's happened seems a bit small. One thing I like is that this is SciFi, which sets it apart from the boundless fantasy works here in the L&L section.
The only thing is something many probably won't care about, but what does Akora's species look like? Just makes a difference for my mental imaging, as of now I have them as some sort of bug-like creatures...
Anyways, cool so far.
DF MQ  Post #: 2
11/30/2011 17:32:55   
Frenetic Raptor

Glaisaurus_x, thanks for commenting and showing interest. As for her species' appearance, they appear as normal humans, at least for now that is. Although, I do wonder how they would look if they were some kind of bug creature. Still working on possibly inserting some hints as to Akora's appearance within the intro. Your mention does remind me of the Ender Saga and his association with the buggers. For generalities sake, Akora is a long haired red head and wears a pilot space suit.

Also, Valaharans and Malaharans are essentially social classifications amongst her people. Malaharans are everyone that lives on the planet of Decimus with the dormant form of the Malvia mutation. On the other hand, Valaharan's have been making their presence known. They are the ones who have the active Malvia mutation, resulting in mental and physical changes. This can vary widely amongst an individual, so others can certainly appear with unhuman characteristics. Many people fear the further activation of this mutation and have basically deemed those that have gone active as the enemy, and are not to be trusted. Strongly resembles the predicament Akora has found herself in at the beginning of the intro.

By the way, if anyone wishes to read further along, I've edited in another section of the first chapter. Will be under the heading of *~*~*OE1.2*~*~*.
Post #: 3
12/1/2011 2:07:58   
Glais

Hmm, well that's a bit disappointing, I've never liked human-aliens very much. However, as the story itself is interesting I'm sure it'll make up for that quirk. Will definitely check out that newest bit.
DF MQ  Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> Otherworldly Encounter (C&C)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition