Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= DNS - January 04, 2012 Frysteland Final Phase An Epic New Year!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= DNS - January 04, 2012 Frysteland Final Phase An Epic New Year!
Page 12 of 17«<1011121314>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/6/2012 21:13:42   
drinde

^
Great Idea
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 276
1/6/2012 21:15:19   
One Winged Angel1357

only noticed it because the super bomb was about my gems
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 277
1/6/2012 21:18:05   
Nub Apocalypse

So many new missions :D
Post #: 278
1/6/2012 21:21:12   
DeathGuard

If someone changes alignment, he can possibly get the mission for legion/exile and get another super bomb meaning he will have 14 varium for free lol
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 279
1/6/2012 21:39:39   
IsaiahtheMage

@Deathguard What do you mean?
AQW Epic  Post #: 280
1/6/2012 21:42:22   
PivotalDisorder

Just to point out something kinda depressing. Cyber hunters new armor has kinda killed a lot of the creativity of our builds.
I know no-one is forcing us to use it and I imagine their will be some players who don't, but I think this "buff" was also a
cleverly designed nerf to stop us looping too many skills together i.e like malfunction, static charge, multi then massacre.

I love the armor but all my previous builds just got dumped in the garbage if I use it.

I haven't actually tried it out in combat, no doubt CHs just got a whole lot tougher via losing some versatility.
still, for those who previously took shadowarts to use up skill points, bet you are so happy with the armor :)
Post #: 281
1/6/2012 21:43:55   
rej

Hacked by someone? Really? That's almost as believable as the armors being lost to corrupt files.

It is difficult to enjoy your cake when your pants are on fire.
~Dragon of Time
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 282
1/6/2012 21:46:23   
Basicball

? super bomb? is that only from an exile mission perheaps?

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 283
1/6/2012 21:47:21   
T.600

^No, you can get it from a Legion mission...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 284
1/6/2012 21:52:13   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@rej- uh... the hacking I referred to was the token hack. Sorry.
Post #: 285
1/6/2012 21:57:35   
rej

^You must be thinking of something completely different then. Hmm....
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 286
1/6/2012 22:00:56   
Basicball

strange, i should look better then xD

anyway, please tell me i don't have to disband my faction to do as much missions as possible ...
there's a system in place that makes sure you can't do the other misions by jumping sides, right? Cindy? =3

otherwise, i have a huge dilemma ... disband my faction, which i founded over 2 years ago now, or don't do all missions

And i really don't wish to miss out on a mission ...
though i just can't disband, my faction is to close to my hearth :|
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 287
1/6/2012 22:02:25   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

Basic- we're currently discussing punishments for turncoats. >:3
Post #: 288
1/6/2012 22:08:48   
Lord Nub

@Basic,

A huge dilemma for many of us. I to don't want to miss a single mission.

Turncoat doesn't solve this thing, that only angers a different set of players. No need to keep thinking about penalizing players. We need a solution that rewards players.

In the future, things such as this should be done correctly the first time and we should cut our losses and just make all the missions available for all or implement a feature that allows us to change faction alignment so the Founders and loyal members may experience everything the game has to offer without some penalty.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 289
1/6/2012 22:09:51   
Buffy A. Summers

@ LOL

Are You Guys Serious?

The Staff Dropped The Ball On This Alignment Achievement Thing.

Why Should Players Who Took Advantage Of What Was Presented To Them In Game, Legally I Might Add... Be Punished?

That Makes No Sense. I Don't Condone Or Encourage Faction Jumping At All... But You (Staff) Gave Players The Opportunity To Do Both.

*Facepalm*

And For The Record... Players With Well Established Factions Even Considering Disbanding, Simply To Get An Extra Achievement...

What Is Wrong With You?

Has Everyone Lost Their Minds?

< Message edited by Buffy A. Summers -- 1/6/2012 22:11:29 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 290
1/6/2012 22:14:58   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@Buffy So you're saying you encourage people to faction hop since they can do so for both achievements and then you say you don't want it to happen? I know you don't want people joining your faction just so they can get an achievement and then ditch you. There needs to be some punishment for betraying a side in a war. In real life, traitors get killed when caught. On here, you get a chance to be rewarded and no punishment. If you want people to stop faction hopping then you need punishments for doing so.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 291
1/6/2012 22:16:47   
PivotalDisorder

if you are legion, do the legion missions and let exiles do the exiles missions?

a lot of games have factions, good guys and bad guys etc, and it is common to have quests specific to each and some quests that crossover.
hard to tell why so many are upset about it all. If you absolutely have to be a completionist then you should pay the price [of leaving faction]

honestly, the only person who cares if you did all the missions is you, I doubt anyone is judging you by your mission count guys :)
I do not think they dropped the ball at all, they did what the majority of MMORPGs do, give players a reason to care what side they are on.

ps: I know some of you will repeat yourself, rip on the ED team and do your usually hissy fit ^^ I am not interested. I just post now, I don't debate.

< Message edited by psibertus -- 1/6/2012 22:23:42 >
Post #: 292
1/6/2012 22:19:54   
Basicball

1) may i suggest future missions, with the same names, but oposite allignment?
the missions wouldn't hawe to be the same, the names on the other hand would be.
you would be unable to complete/accept the mission, if you already have done a mission with that name.

this way, everyone can have the same amount of completed missions in his list (which personaly, i desperately want)

2) How about either
2.1) One of the missions (see 1) ) makes you kill some opponents from the other side like one of the missons we have now) in order to 'steal' their side-specific cheevo (they obviously wouldn't really lose it)
2.2) There is a shop that opens at 10/20K war points, where you can pick up te opposite side's cheevo for free (loot shop?)

also, i'd like to add that adding a 'turncoat' cheevo with -rating isn't a real option, as for some people (like me) it's about the amount of cool cheevo's, not what they are worth, i'd actualy want that cheevo, just because it's special

I hope my ideas are - at least - considered, thank you

quote:

The problem then lies in the fact that we want to encourage you to have your alignment. if it's the same achievement, then how will you be able to show "I supported the Legion" or "I supported the Exiles"? We did talk about faction jumping and how to discourage it- I guess we kind of wanted to feel out how players would react and if it would be a big problem, especially with the fervor with which people were supporting their chosen alignment. (I hope you take this for what it is- me speaking honestly and candidly about the process of game design)

you are right, i do NOt wish to swich alignments, legion FTW, but i also don't wish to miss out on special occasion cheevos and, especially, total completed missions.
I hope you can understand.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 293
1/6/2012 23:05:16   
Goony
Constructive!

I am disappointed for jarithemighty, he is one of the best non varium players ever!

I asked for this some time ago in the DN thread :/

quote:

Just wondering if it would be possible for the devs to cause the bombbot to malfunction for a few days! Be good to have a some time for the players with bomb stockpile's to have some fun without being intimidated by the super bombs...

idk what the planned war timeframe is but, maybe next Thursday we get some missions and then for 3-4 days the bombbot is broken. Monday - Friday following it's repaired... End war???

Epic  Post #: 294
1/6/2012 23:07:04   
drinde

Yes, let some StockPilers have their fun, don't let them be simply thrown outta the competition by $$$.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 295
1/6/2012 23:09:18   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

I may be viewed as cruel but I have wanted some things to happen during this war that would open people's eyes more and make people on both sides admit the flaws.

1. One side gaining a huge advantage in points compared to the other(several million).
2. Someone like Jari or some other famous non varium player losing their shot at being on top because someone could pay to win the achievement.

They may be cruel but my reasons for wanting those things is so both Legion and Exile will agree that being able to buy such a huge advantage is a terrible idea. Cruel wishes for a beneficial reason. I think I may explode from those conflicting terms >.>
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 296
1/6/2012 23:11:04   
Sipping Cider

How far is jari behind?
Epic  Post #: 297
1/6/2012 23:12:42   
Lord Nub

Just a bit. We spoke and I'm trying to let him win but he better hurry and bust up there. This other dude will surely try something right at the end.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 298
1/6/2012 23:15:40   
skeletondude

Indeed it is cruel,But still jari does have a chance on the war board but he need's to explode the rest of his bombs.

Yea there need to be some day when that damn bombbot gets destroyed so they could allow some real players to have a chance at that boards,but that's tooo good to be true.
AQW Epic  Post #: 299
1/6/2012 23:18:27   
drinde

There should be a way for us to plant bombs AT the BombBot, destroying it for an hour or so.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= DNS - January 04, 2012 Frysteland Final Phase An Epic New Year!
Page 12 of 17«<1011121314>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition