Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Whats your thoughts on SOPA and PIPA

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Whats your thoughts on SOPA and PIPA
Page 5 of 7«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/19/2012 0:18:36   
BlueKatz

Ok I was in a hurry so now I'm back, let me explain how this effect ED and its players

SOPA shut down ANY site have pirate link, ANY, without confirmation. If now I post a pirate link and then someone report this site? BAM the whole forum get shut down - that's how it work, of course I get banned and whatever but the action is done.
Now ED and other AE games might not get effected directly, but AExtra and Ad and in game refference is a big threat, if I suddenly feel like hating ED, who care Ima report them, there's nothing you guys can do and ED will be shut down.
Now if ED don't make AExtra and Ad? Well zero money from that. Who's getting hurt? ED. Who get m0re delay release and m0re Varium issues? Players.

Now if ED get shut down? Oh only in US. First, a lot of players are from US, i dare to say at least 25%, and if ED get shut down, ED won't get that much of money anymore (also US players tent to pay a lot). ED getting less playerbase? ED make Varium cost higher, more pay to win...etc etc etc. Who getting hurted? Players

Next, SOPA shut down everything if there is 1 non copyrighted link, pictures...etc. That mean no google, no Facebook, no youtube and a lot of Forums shut down. That mean, people don't have a chance to know about ED.
Example:
I play a game called ED. It's a very cool game
How?
Give image
A whole site get shut down

SOPA is just that stupid.
Just take an example, how many people play ED in Alpha? Not much, then AE give a hint about ED (even before they merge them together) players come to ED. Random Google search? Gone. Youtube search? Gone. Player base get reduced even more

Community getting shut down in US only already hurt ED a lot. US has big community. ED must base on US community to grow. If I look for a cool game (MMO) to play I most likely hang around US, not Brazil, France, Japan...

The staffs community is reduced as well (as the gamming community is getting reduced, the developing community is getting reduced as well - since deviantART is screwed). So yeah.. "hiring new staffs" even a lot HARDER

There are even more... but yeah, SOPA directly effect internet and therefor it hit ED hard. I'm glad ED realize it and actually spoke about it so I can know that they aren't like EA...
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 101
1/19/2012 0:40:35   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

I understand that the SOPA/PIPA is a part of the Design Notes, however the discussion of these two bills are beginning to detract from discussion of game-related topics which is always the primary purpose of this forum, and understandably, some of you are frustrated by this. There is already a thread about SOPA in the OOC which you can find here: Stop Online Piracy Act.

If you'd like to discuss SOPA in the context of EpicDuel (how it will affect the business), please feel free to do that in this thread. But any further discussion in this particular thread from this point forward must touch upon the game of EpicDuel. Any general discussion on the SOPA, or the politics surrounding it will be deleted and the poster redirected to the proper OOC thread. Have a good time talking about this topic; it's an important one. But please do it in the right place. If you'd like to carry over particular threads of conversation feel free to quote specific posts and respond in the OOC thread.

Thanks everyone!
~Ashari
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 102
1/19/2012 1:22:28   
T.600

So...pretty much nothing this week? And then next week we get a 'big' (big for ED translates to small in the dictionary) update next week. Sweet, can't wait. This game just keeps on getting better and better each week :D.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 103
1/19/2012 1:27:44   
Zeoth

i cant wait guess ill avoid sopa pipa talk.

On-Topic: This is gonna be sweet more var too(hopefully LOL)
Post #: 104
1/19/2012 1:28:29   
Jekyll

May I just ask what exactly are the devs doing about cheating factions (more commonly known as Guap). I don't want action to be taken only when SOPA takes full effect. Its too late by then.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 105
1/19/2012 2:46:03   
Remorse

Looking foward to the relase!

I am a bit scared about these new bills...
Quick question so these are restrictions on any american content?
Would people from diffrent countires be able to post things that may be counted as a breach of copyright? For example I have released a few ED movies on the game and songs allong with them.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 1/19/2012 3:07:35 >
Epic  Post #: 106
1/19/2012 2:55:48   
xxmirxx

quote:

I will NOT tolerate country bashing, or any other negativity and nonsense thrown around this forum towards anyone who lives in the US or associated with the US, or any other country for that matter. If you feel the need to do this, refrain and step away from the computer. I do not want to have to repeat myself. Civility will rule this forum, or consequences will be meted out. Eukara Vox Head OOC Moderator
Ashri we can't talk about there too http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=19807008&mpage=1&key= . So basically were told we either with it or don't brother post on forums. If I may say USA really after those scammer sites free movies and so on. If AE feels there worry about getting shut down then get a lawyers. Other then that people who are dev's or paying staff shouldn't worry.

< Message edited by xxmirxx -- 1/19/2012 3:01:30 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 107
1/19/2012 3:06:07   
BlueKatz

^
quote:

I will NOT tolerate country bashing, or any other negativity and nonsense thrown around this forum towards anyone who lives in the US or associated with the US, or any other country for that matter.

It will be clearer if you read a whole thread
Politics? yes
It suck to be American? No
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 108
1/19/2012 3:16:31   
xxmirxx

Blue if you got problem with me support this act then get over it I have right say what I believe is right. Im not try flame I am just not against it.

< Message edited by xxmirxx -- 1/19/2012 3:52:20 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 109
1/19/2012 4:19:38   
drinde

The Faction STreamline seems interesting... the challenge fix is a great idea.

Looking out for this.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 110
1/19/2012 4:30:47   
BlueKatz

@xxmirxx I don't have any problem with your opinion, but just to point out what you just quote is about the attitude of what people posted on that Thread, not about which side are you on
So yeah... you didn't get what that mod said or what I just said as well...
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 111
1/19/2012 4:37:04   
xxmirxx

blue I wasn't being negative nor I wasn't talking down about USA. Blue that qoute was on completely different post and its address to me. Also what was your point because it seem like you were say my post non sence your right Im wrong.

< Message edited by xxmirxx -- 1/19/2012 4:41:37 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 112
1/19/2012 4:38:54   
BlueKatz

^Then feel free to post in that thread, I don't see any reason for not to do that really
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 113
1/19/2012 4:43:38   
xxmirxx

Blue I edit my post please don't tell me were or were can I post this was on notes.
AQ Epic  Post #: 114
1/19/2012 8:48:33   
King FrostLich

Well this isn't funny about these so called SOPA and PIPA. I sometimes use US ip addresses for accessing some sites that my IP cannot go and if this bill is approved, then I'm pretty much doomed. Although I'm not American, I will not allow this act to be approved which is why I'll be opposing it starting right now.

Epic  Post #: 115
1/19/2012 9:57:19   
SouL Prisoner

dam...curse the SOPA PIPA

i wish i could help to stop this......

could ruin many things in inter net ..... including AE ...........

Please do not use profanity. It is not allowed in any form, even if it is self censored, under the Universal Forum Rules. ~Ashari

< Message edited by Ashari -- 1/19/2012 13:07:13 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 116
1/19/2012 11:21:21   
Santa ClawZz

Ughhhhhhhhhh

SOPA/PIPA talk isn't EDGD material? How do you forum peoplez know that they don't have a secret update planned AGAINST those 2 bills? I mean they did mention Alydriah...

AQW Epic  Post #: 117
1/19/2012 12:22:45   
Ranloth
Banned

Because you cannot avoid SOPA/PIPA by some kind of secret update. Read AQW DNs which explain it all, and all that talk should go to OOC, link given above as this is ED GD and we should stick to the upcoming updates instead.
AQ Epic  Post #: 118
1/19/2012 12:26:25   
Santa ClawZz

Oh, sorry, didn't know forum cops were put in place with this new bill. Don't arrest me this time, k?
AQW Epic  Post #: 119
1/20/2012 9:51:40   
ansh0

I will come back to ED after this release is live. Until then, Adios Amigos.

~black spidey
Epic  Post #: 120
1/20/2012 9:55:40   
Xendran

mir, if you use the internet and you support sopa and pipa, you should probably read up on what the bills actually do. AE wouldn't be able to just get a lawyer if they were shut down, the government can veto all actions for or against any website for any reason.

Sites that would go down: Every video streaming site (like youtube), sites with mass amounts of information (like wikipedia), any sites that the government does not approve of (anything pro-narcotics,piracy, anti-government, or the like)

< Message edited by Xendran -- 1/20/2012 9:59:12 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 121
1/20/2012 10:01:51   
ansh0

And which Insanely-Crazy-Dude-Who-Thinks-He-Is-Smart suggested the this whole SOPA and PIPA or whatever thing?
Epic  Post #: 122
1/20/2012 10:23:32   
Lord Nub

^ People who know more about what's actually going on than those utilizing Google and getting misinformation along with misrepresentation and interpretation by gaming sites such as this.

How about listening to Ashari and discussing this in the OOC Room?
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 123
1/20/2012 10:33:48   
MirageD

arg......sites that are based in the US already have to comply with US copyright laws.....the proposed new laws, would have applied to US sites that link access to international sites that violate those laws....geeze...that's it
AQW Epic  Post #: 124
1/20/2012 11:22:57   
Xendran

No, that's not it at all. It gives them access to take down any site that is seen as infringing on copyright without any sort of legal dispute, whether or not the content is hosted on the site.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Whats your thoughts on SOPA and PIPA
Page 5 of 7«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition