Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= EpicDuel Feb 1st Design Notes - Heart Breaker preview

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= EpicDuel Feb 1st Design Notes - Heart Breaker preview
Page 4 of 12«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/3/2012 17:11:11   
rej

Where the balance team comes up with these ideas, I will never know.

On the greedy side, at least this release will give me a 25% deflection chance on 95% of my opponents.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 76
2/3/2012 17:13:57   
  RabbleFroth

TurkishIncubus:

1) Nothing changed about Malfunction other than giving it a Strength requirement. There is an indirect change to Malfunction in that it can lower deflection chance now, but this is similar to Smoke Screen decreasing block chance.

2) Field Commander should be more useful than it was before. If it's still not good enough we'll take another look at it. There are also other plans for Mercenaries but we weren't able to get to them this week.

< Message edited by RabbleFroth -- 2/3/2012 17:17:15 >
Post #: 77
2/3/2012 17:19:06   
Ranloth
Banned

I looked at Deflection rolls on ED Wiki and it makes more sense to be in Technology AND overall:
Str builds will be the ones deflected the most due to low Tech which won't be enough to lower rate of Deflections (up to 25%). If we take 60 Tech vs 100 Tech (example), player with 60 Tech has 10% + 20% = 25% (capped at 25%) while player with 100 Tech has 10% + 33% = 25% (capped). BUT it isn't whole calculation - per each %, you lower enemy's deflection rate which cannot fall below 2% so let's do Player 1 (60 Tech) and Player 2 (100 Tech) again:
10% + 20% - 33% = 2% (capped at lowest possible) for player 1 & 10% + 33% - 20% = 23% for player 2.

Thing is, CHs are more into Dex which means they will be Player 1 in this case (a bit higher maybe) and against player of same Tech (another example):
70 Tech for Player 1 and Player 2 give 10% + 23% = 25% capped & 25% - 23% = 2% (minimum) so deflection rate will be that low and mainly affected by pure luck then. Getting into actual calculations helps to understand it better, not just judge it by few things.
AQ Epic  Post #: 78
2/3/2012 17:25:22   
JohnMenzies

I agree with Trans thought about the deflection scale.

- John
Epic  Post #: 79
2/3/2012 17:29:02   
l Chop Suey l

Big changes for tech mages but its not major,Even if you improve field commander with a bigger requirement for mercs its not gonna buff up the class,you got other skills like the multi-shot that non var and var uses but nobody uses it that much ever since beta that was a top unbeatable skill for most mercs. P.s go Giants!
AQW Epic  Post #: 80
2/3/2012 17:31:54   
Matrix77

Balance changes are great but this balance update hardly helps the mage class much at upper levels and this update basically buffed the CH and give power greedy players more incentive to play as a str CH :| Malf with str requirement will be easy to meet by Tank CHs, but what about TMs? If we want to max out malf, we would need to pay a heavy price for it, and only overload skill is improved with strength on our skill tree. If we want malf, we got to sacrifice our defence or resistance for it, or both, but what about CH? Nothing, they got nothing to loose but instead gain a buff off DM.

To me imo it's like making mage have more damage output but at the same time spreading our stat points far apart so that we are much easier to kill. TMs imo are being force to use the Tech improving skills now without a good malf whereas CH class becomes even more versatile when it comes to moving around their skills to suit their str CH builds :|

IMO, i don't like this balance change. I'm a TM and I don't like it, it sure may help the TMs at lower levels but what about at higher levels? :| We're being imo force to use a tech build and compromising our usage of the malf function skill.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 81
2/3/2012 17:32:10   
drinde

Cool weapons, but must the Exile ones look so primitive? (No offense to the designer)

Um. Is it updated yet?

< Message edited by drinde -- 2/3/2012 17:35:28 >
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 82
2/3/2012 17:37:28   
Ranloth
Banned

We're not forced into Tech builds. I can still use my Support build pretty good, and most players go for Malf until L7 where it improves by 1 point only (not worth higher cost) and that's 33 Str requirement. Chances are one of your items might require near that or even higher Str so look from that perspective too.
I am Support build and yes I do lack about 4 points for Str requirement which I put into Support and got no improvement (needed 1 more point) and I can play Tank/Support TM pretty well. My other Str version of it (balanced TM) can still play it as well. And fact we gotta meet Str requirement for Malf only and Support doesn't mean you gotta go Tech build - unless you want to go Caster TM which is good as well but costly at times. -.-

I'd advise doing some calculations of how deflect works and what will be affected, not just judge that CHs will be even more OP'ed - I gave example above how it worked like when it was Support based and it's the same with Tech.
AQ Epic  Post #: 83
2/3/2012 17:40:02   
BlueKatz

Changing Deflecting from Sup to Tech is a very good idea, it make Aux less over rule the unblockable style.

However this still concern me. Will this make Tech OP?
Tech is now very balanced if you include the Bot. The bonus Res in Tech might not be able to compare with Block but very close, the Bot really helped especially how broken Bot are

I say, if assume that Tech will be balanced with Str (a very strong stat) and Sup (with buff which I believe a Rage buff) then this leave Dex the weakest stat while being the most annoying stat. Shouldn't Def scale like Res or Res scale like Def to balance this out?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 84
2/3/2012 17:56:56   
IsaiahtheMage

I like all of the balance changes except moving deflection chance to technology. This is just gonna make Tank builds even more OPed! I mean come on. Tank CHs will rule even harder now because they can decrease their opponets deflect chance and improve their own and have high block chance because of SA and high dex. This really has me worried. :/
AQW Epic  Post #: 85
2/3/2012 18:00:04   
TurkishIncubus

@RabbleFroth

Im just worried about Malf cause it might be OP after update. If im too annoyed from Deflects and Malf reduce Smoke , i might go for another class change :/

Malf: Reduce Smoke, Increase/reduce Deflection, Reduce Robot dmg, Reduce resistance, Reduce some skills(espacially Smoke) + It reduce more stats than Smoke at same amount of imporeving stat(Me and my friend got 54 tech- 54 supp, my smoke reduce 27 his malf reduce 30 at same lvl) so if he go first he will do -30 tech and my smoke will decrease 27 to 17 probably and got huge deflection chance against me.

< Message edited by TurkishIncubus -- 2/3/2012 18:02:21 >

Epic  Post #: 86
2/3/2012 18:06:56   
Wootz

quote:

Also an EpicDuel first! lvl34 credit only Mutating Weapon!

Charfade's awesome!
AQW Epic  Post #: 87
2/3/2012 18:11:41   
DestruRaGe

^WOWWW best message in a year! ;D

Epic  Post #: 88
2/3/2012 18:13:02   
IsaiahtheMage

@Ashari I'm quite confused at the whole credits and exp ratio being the same in every battle. I'm not understanding is it going to be lowered or raised? And how does it work?
AQW Epic  Post #: 89
2/3/2012 18:14:27   
Ranloth
Banned

@IsaiahtheMage
Currently it's 32 : 12 Credits to Exp ratio. Now multiply 8 by 32 and 3 by 12 - 196 : 36 Credits to Exp ratio after change! Higher if your opponent is higher Lvls. ^_^

Ignore this post, I just got quite confused.. >.<

< Message edited by Trans -- 2/3/2012 18:19:41 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 90
2/3/2012 18:16:27   
Basicball

Trans: it might be that ratio, but i don't think the rewards will actually be that high

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 91
2/3/2012 18:19:05   
Wootz

I'm not sure. If it's by Trans' way, it'd be epic! :D
AQW Epic  Post #: 92
2/3/2012 18:21:43   
  RabbleFroth

TurkishIncubus:

On the other hand, Smoke decreases the damage of Overload/Supercharge on TM and Multishot on CH, lowers their defense, lowers their block chance (and increases your block chance), and does decent damage.

These changes may indirectly help Cyber Hunters, but it's a much more significant buff for Tech Mages, which is the intent. CH changes are still in the works.

quote:

I'm quite confused at the whole credits and exp ratio being the same in every battle. I'm not understanding is it going to be lowered or raised? And how does it work?

Basically the experience you gain per battle is staying about the same, but you'll generally get more credits than before, *especially* on losses. Right now if you lose a lot of battles or do 2v2 more often, you'll get less credits per level, leaving you potentially unable to buy the items you need later on.

With this change, no matter what happens you'll always gain the same number of credits per point of experience you get from a fight.

< Message edited by RabbleFroth -- 2/3/2012 18:27:52 >
Post #: 93
2/3/2012 18:22:16   
DeathGuard

I'm willing to pay 17k credits for that weapon :3, if the cost is higher, well I got plenty of time to get it :D
I'm still asking myself it will be a seasonal rare or a player suggestion item
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 94
2/3/2012 18:27:19   
kosmo

r they updating tonight??
Epic  Post #: 95
2/3/2012 18:31:40   
supermasivo

Cough cough! ^ Tech=deflection improve is for all classes... pleaso stop flaming on all massive classes like ch/tlms... i saw u flaming against tlms too when they were OP.
Tech improve is a "all classes" buff... and def matrix is a buff? i cant see any buff making low energy cost... cya.
Epic  Post #: 96
2/3/2012 18:36:46   
IsaiahtheMage

@RabbleFroth Thanks for clearing that up! This looks good meaning that your win/lose ratio won't matter as much all loses will effect is your record and it would only be a time penalty. That means the constant name calling of the term "noob" will stop because no matter your wins/loses you will always gain the same amount of exp and credits! :) This is a massive improvement! Now all their is left IMO is just to fix CHs.
AQW Epic  Post #: 97
2/3/2012 18:54:23   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

I really hope some of my weapons get put in lol. Today is my birthday, so it would be a perfect present. Lol.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 98
2/3/2012 18:56:58   
Sageofpeace

guess a delay today? next week update
Post #: 99
2/3/2012 18:58:33   
Basicball

charfade twitter:
quote:

ED is still updating tonight! Still Testing, lots of new weps to go through! might not be for another few hours just a head up.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= EpicDuel Feb 1st Design Notes - Heart Breaker preview
Page 4 of 12«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition