Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Too much enhancements

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Too much enhancements
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/17/2012 12:06:09   
goldslayer1

@dark
that probably isn't going to fix the huge amount of stats we have but make it worse.
AQW Epic  Post #: 26
6/17/2012 13:05:47   
edwardvulture

Yeh I like remorse's idea.
How about half goes into actualy stats and the other you can move around stats. That would be more fair. And no refunds just let people move around the other half.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 27
6/17/2012 17:07:26   
Lord Machaar

They need to lower the prices a little bit, actually the enhancements cost more than the weapon itself, which doesn't make sense....

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 6/17/2012 17:08:40 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 28
6/17/2012 17:20:47   
Xx. Christian .xX

quote:

They need to lower the prices a little bit, actually the enhancements cost more than the weapon itself, which doesn't make sense....

If they do that, they will lose a lot of varium or credits, since almost all professional players in-game have their inventory fully enhance, they just have to find another way.
Post #: 29
6/19/2012 15:25:39   
rej

quote:

Agreed. 50 var or 3,500 credits for every level of enhancement is reasonable. Also, it makes little sense that the cost of enhancements would multiply based on how many enhancements the weapon already has on it. Supported.

< Message edited by rej -- 6/19/2012 15:28:33 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
6/19/2012 17:30:04   
edwardvulture

....No there should be LESS enhancements.
Since no one commented on the sub-topic, i'll fill it in.
How enhancements ruined the game:
-Too much emphasis on pay-to-win
-Low-level players unwittingly enhancing to find out they don't have enough credits for a higher-level weapon
-Wins without skill or experience
-Stat Abuse
and there's a lot more...
(fill it up )
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 31
6/19/2012 17:51:59   
Stabilis

Stat overflow is a big one.

Who knows whether staff will decide to increase enhancements beyond 10 points or even establish enhancements in items that currently have none? Or even, in the field of balance, overstatting an item/multiple items in the distant future may potentially break the game. Enhancements like many features are time bombs that are still live.
AQ Epic  Post #: 32
6/19/2012 18:30:45   
liy010

Anyone noticed...

Level 34 Player with No Varium Weapons/Armors+Full Enchancements>Level 34 Player with Full Varium Weapons/Armors without Enchantments

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
6/20/2012 1:09:37   
Luna_moonraider

well imho the varium enhancement option should be removed. now now before u guys go wth i paid money to get and advantage and not farm for like 1000 days to get full enh here is my idea: varium can be converted into credits in game. say 50 var for a certain amount of credits. all enh should be credits and credits only varium players who want to enh fast can convert their varium to credits. this would create an illusion that var players do not have a instant and fast way to get full enh but in actual fact it is still the same as the old system. it also create an illusion that not much varium is used to get a fully enhed wep.

AQW Epic  Post #: 34
6/20/2012 15:35:40   
Remorse

@edward
quote:

Yeh I like remorse's idea.
How about half goes into actualy stats and the other you can move around stats. That would be more fair. And no refunds just let people move around the other half.

I like this idea, a comprimise of meeting halfway.

Its not like the devs havnt done things big things like this before they have. (eg. The juggernaut gold ticket followed by a credit option)

I think the players can take this small hit for MAJOR price cuts in the future. (sine half the enhaments needed is only half the moeny needed.)

Especially if it halves the current balance problems xD and shrinks the variums non varium gap.

ALso as a side note, I find it odd how alot of people think we are in too deep with enhacements. How we cant do anything to remove it if we wanted.

I disagree, there is things we can do such as ENCHEMENTS SELL BACK. (Let the players refund themselves rather then having to individualy refund even I think thats too much....)

There should be an enhancment sell back anyway because the rusting of old items and the increasing of level caps is not getting any slower.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 6/20/2012 15:40:21 >
Epic  Post #: 35
6/20/2012 15:38:28   
Stabilis

Welcome back Remorse!

(btw I am greenrain13)

Your suggestion is still a great suggestion.
AQ Epic  Post #: 36
6/20/2012 15:42:07   
Remorse

^ Thanks depressed,

I also like your mod of my idea.

I would be happy if any similar change was made :) SO i support the act of a change xD
Epic  Post #: 37
6/20/2012 23:23:38   
NDB

The solution to this problem is to just make enhancements like in AQW. Buy an enhancement and you can do whatever you want with it. Treat enh like an ITEM where you can useon any wep you want so you don't have to re-enhance when a new, better weapon comes out.
Epic  Post #: 38
6/21/2012 11:49:09   
nico0las

It's summer -.- too much math.
Just lower the enhancement price. More people will enhance. More people will buy varium TO enhance.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
6/21/2012 12:42:48   
Silver Sky Magician

Perhaps the sellback for enhanced items should fully include all enhancements to that item. For example, a 15,000 credit weapons with two enhancements (7000 credits), should have a sellback of (7,500 + 7,000) credits, instead of the current (7500 + 3500) credits. (if I'm not mistaken)

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 6/21/2012 12:48:11 >
Post #: 40
6/21/2012 12:54:45   
ansh0

I agree with Silver Sky Magician, enhancement costs should be refunded when you sell an item.

Enhancements should be lowered to about 5-6 enhancements per weapon. This would allow everyone to have fully enhanced items easily(lower cost) and prevent varium players to pwn non-enhanced non vars easily as they would get roughly the same additional stats.
Epic  Post #: 41
6/21/2012 13:10:09   
JariTheMighty

@Silver Sky Magician & ansh0:
A credit refund is a needed feature, but a full refund would be problematic because it would allow players to loop the credits used in enhancements, simply by selling the old item for new item, and enhancing the new item with the credits refunded from the old item's enhancements.

< Message edited by JariTheMighty -- 6/21/2012 13:15:24 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 42
6/21/2012 13:17:50   
Silver Sky Magician

^

That's true. Perhaps a 75%-80% refund? What if this feature was applied to varium as well?
Post #: 43
6/21/2012 17:10:05   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@Silver I prefer credit enhancements being worth more sold since you have to work for them more than you have to work for varium.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
6/21/2012 17:12:54   
Mr. Black OP

^
Not exactly. Working a real job vs playing a game, which sounds like more work?
But that's just my opinion.

But Credits enhancements do NEED a sell back.
Epic  Post #: 45
6/21/2012 17:25:22   
Stabilis

Enhancements selling?!

That is a difficult topic, but at the very least I wonder why enhancements are not being sold at 50% value anyhow?
AQ Epic  Post #: 46
6/21/2012 17:26:15   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@Black OP At minimum wage in America I only need to work for 7 hours to get enough money for the 10K package. 7 hours of farming in-game would not allow me to get enough credits to enhance all my items like 10K varium would.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 47
6/21/2012 17:32:48   
Stabilis

@ND,

You do have to consider though, that by buying into EpicDuel you are tapping into your personal resources which could have gone to food/shelter/water; these are very important issues especially for bottom class and some middle class people. Besides, 7 hours work minimum wage is a very broad topic. 7 hours of minimum wage work could be straining your leg muscles to carry boxes around or move groceries... or mowing lawns in the blazing sun. 7 hours of playing a video game is less work if not enjoyable. We really only move our hands to operate light objects like a mouse.
AQ Epic  Post #: 48
6/21/2012 17:39:40   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@void That's just 7 hours of actual work going into ED. Most jobs are usually 8 hours a day, not to mention that you still have 6 other days to work and if you manage your varium wisely then you won't even need to spend more than 50$ every few months. Credit farming on the other hand requires way more work and serves absolutely no purpose outside of game.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 49
6/21/2012 17:54:00   
Stabilis

@ND,

quote:

Credit farming on the other hand requires way more work and serves absolutely no purpose outside of game.

That is true, the person (player) must sacrifice 7 hours of their real-life time to achieve something in-game. However, a vital point to note is that the player is likely using what we call "casual time" (leisure time) when there are no other duties to attend to. A player like myself could not skip working hours, call the employer to fake sickness (I need a doctor's note) to play EpicDuel. Work is important and attendance is the instrument that employers use to judge whether or not a worker like myself is worth keeping. The wealthy is another story, I will not touch that. But, as a middle class man working full-time in school and part-time in minimum wage, I need to pertain to both of these duties or ultimately fail. Activities like EpicDuel happen in leisure time so no work is sacrificed. Ultimately if there is no work and gaming is organized to happen when there is no work, there is no loss. Lastly, money can go into EpicDuel, but it will not come out.
AQ Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Too much enhancements
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition