Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Too much enhancements

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Too much enhancements
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/21/2012 20:27:33   
SMGS

Off topic posts have been deleted. Please PM a user if you'd like to discuss something with them. There is no need to post about it.
Post #: 51
6/23/2012 1:39:54   
ur going to fail

@ND the solution to this problem isn't to spend more varium. NO ONE can control that, considering it an actual solution is UNREALISTIC.
Epic  Post #: 52
6/26/2012 23:44:16   
edwardvulture

Enhancements are a bit like cheating in the way how steroids are cheating. It takes a real pro to have a great ratio without them.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 53
6/27/2012 0:02:26   
Stabilis

Were enhancements a player suggestion or the staff's? A player who buys into EpicDuel is likely to suggest this, but customizing weapons and making a dollar seems like a staff suggestion.

Right before enhancements were released, we should have thought... "wait, is this a suggestion that will be positive in the long run?"

Or, "do enhancements negatively affect the free-2-play's gameplay in such ways that the pay:free balance is upsetted?"

If enhancements were not so heavy on game currency and stat heavy (4 * 10 enhancements slots = potentially 40 stat points), balance for the gap as well as for the stat abuse would be less of a topic of interest so that we actually can focus more on extra features like a war event! I like enhancements. I mean, I like having them. For those who do not, like I said, they save money but they are disadvantaged up to 40 stat points. This is a pay-2-win balance problem. What do we do? We can use Remorse's suggestion firstly and bring stat points for the gap on a more leveled basis.
AQ Epic  Post #: 54
6/27/2012 0:48:33   
edwardvulture

Let's review on why enhancements were made in the first place. They were made to make buff old weapons that were favorites among players because the new ones were too good..
But.... the recent stat/damage update made to nearly all weapons brought them down or up near the same level based on price. Therefore enhancements are no longer necessary due to balance reasons
and that I, as a long-time player, demand that they get lowered by at least half.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 55
6/27/2012 3:59:56   
SkittleEagle

Well , not really .
I'm a non varium , and is not all about enchancements , the game is based on skills and luck .
I would just say that each slot enchanced should cost 5k credits , so that would go for about 50k credits for 10 slots.

Post #: 56
6/27/2012 6:42:09   
Dj Vergz

I guess they should of left the primary weapons only enhancement blocks ... but they needed more $Money$ so they made every other item (gun,aux,armor) enhance-able . This also started the raging of abusing.. people can abuse any stat they want but not hp.. i don't get it. also why is support abuse but str isn't. everyone abuses str now that support is a dead (Nerfed) stat.
Epic  Post #: 57
6/27/2012 7:59:24   
Arcanis

Well they still do have whole unexplored territory of bot enhancing, especially now that there are several different ones.
Would anyone be honestly surprised if that happened, and at the same time not shocked that it already hasn't?
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 58
6/27/2012 10:33:18   
Hatsuka

quote:

SkittleEagle
Well , not really .
I'm a non varium , and is not all about enchancements , the game is based on skills and luck .
I would just say that each slot enchanced should cost 5k credits , so that would go for about 50k credits for 10 slots.

Seriously ? 50,000 Credits for 10 Enchancement Slots ? and 1,700 Varium for 10 Enchancement Slots ? isn't a bit too far from possibility ? Think about it before you say it.

< Message edited by Hatsuka -- 6/27/2012 10:34:42 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 59
6/27/2012 11:23:23   
Stabilis

I recommend that enhancements costs do not exceed the weapon cost, or just 1, 000 varium.

Example: Primary weapon costs 15, 000 credits + 995 varium, 10 enhancements costs 995 varium.
AQ Epic  Post #: 60
6/27/2012 11:30:00   
8x

It's too late to remove enhancements, but they could make it that 1 enhancement costs 100 varium or 2000 credits.

I know that devs can't refund enhancement costs, but I am willing to forget (and I'm sure that some of the other players are too) about all the varium spent on enhancing if they make enhancements cheaper in the future.

< Message edited by 8x -- 6/27/2012 11:32:44 >
Epic  Post #: 61
6/27/2012 13:23:03   
edwardvulture

Well, I don't think it would be THAT hard to code an unenhance button at 75% refund after cutting down enhancement slots by half.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 62
6/27/2012 13:30:16   
8x

^I've never actually thought of that, awesome idea :D
Epic  Post #: 63
6/27/2012 14:12:41   
zion

@Edward - Yes - a system like that would be most welcome. The main reason I never spent Artix points on ED is the Varium inflation - you don't get enough for your money compared to other games. Why not reintroduce elite where you can get elite items (almost as good as promotional ones) for credits as long as you paid a one-time fee (4K APs)? Varium is still just a black-hole of spending and limits the popularity of the game IMO... On topic, though - enhancements are way out of control and just a dishonest business practice as currently constructed - pay real money for a weapon that you have to pay real money so its actually stronger than pixie-dust weapons? I think varium weps should be a bit stronger and a bit more varium with fewer (<5 and credit-only) enhancements. Then either remove enhancements on non-var items, or just 1 or 2.
--Noiz
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 64
6/27/2012 14:16:05   
STRUT MY MUTT

I have 6 sets of armor and at least 18 high level weapons, all fully enhanced. I can make a great number of builds with so much variety, this is what makes Epic Duel very interesting to me. Taking this away would ruin the game in my opinion.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p85/balton777/MyInventory.jpg

Image tags removed, images should be posted in link form. --SMGS

< Message edited by SMGS -- 6/27/2012 15:33:14 >
Post #: 65
6/27/2012 14:33:02   
edwardvulture

well i'm not saying take them away. Saying take HALF of them away at the very least.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 66
6/27/2012 17:16:52   
JohnMenzies

I want to make a couple suggestions which would make is a quick fix.

How about:

1. Decrease Enhancement cost by 20%.

2. A new PvP drop called an "Enhancement Key", which can be traded in to enhance one(1) enhancement slot of a weapon or armor.(Since I suggested this would I receive one "Enhancement Key" free in-game, if implemented? John Menzies)

- John
Epic  Post #: 67
6/27/2012 19:26:07   
beastmo

This game costs to much money. Enhancements to expensive. Its a browser game thats expensive nuff said.
Epic  Post #: 68
6/28/2012 6:29:24   
Remorse

Personally I feel ripped off that enhancements were ever made.

They say they support the old players.....

Yet when we purchased varium before enhancements to get the BEST possible advantage at a cost range of that time.

WHY SHOULD WE have to pay EXTRA to get the same advantage simply because of an adding of a balance ruining feature which is essential to buy for a proper varium advantage.

In fact having unenhanced varium gear is ALOT! closer to the same level as a non varium then it is to a fully enhanced varium.

We purchased varium knowing it would last quite a variety of weapon sets where as now days you struggle to got ONE ENHANCED SET with 10k!!

Not only does the price destroy the game so does the terriable balance, ALL THANKS TO ENHANCEMENTS.

WHY is it that when 90% of the players who understand enhancements effects want it removed or changed yet NOTHING HAS HAPPENED!

DEV'S PLEASE CONSIDER THE MANY SOLUTIONS, COMPROMISES AND CRIES FOR CHANGE WITHIN THIS THREAD!

Remorse less.
Epic  Post #: 69
6/28/2012 7:56:27   
Scyze

I just believe that they have done it so the Non-Varium based people buy Varium.

Even though I have Varium, I think this game is a lot (mostly) of the time, one sided.

Look at this (Credits to Varium):
Slot 1: 70
Slot 2: 70
Slot 3: 50
Slot 4: 80
Slot 5: 50
Slot 6: 100
Slot 7: 120
Slot 8: 120
Slot 9: 120
Slot 10: 120

This is how much is Credits (which transferred into Varium) is basically ripping the people without Varium off.

One more thing, Delta Daggers. 9 Str, 10 Dex, 8 Supp.
Look at Sharktooth blades. 12 Str, 9 Dex.

^^ ripping you off. ^^
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 70
6/28/2012 9:36:05   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

To be honest I wouldn't say enhancements are necessary to be the absolute best. I wanted to see just how well my non varium lvl 30 Mage is doing against people my level and I barely won that battle. A lvl 30 non varium with 0 enhancements at all, nearly beat a lvl 34 Full Varium Founder Tech Mage with everything enhanced.

I personally wouldn't mind having enhancements cheaper though. I currently need around 200K in credits to fully enhance my non varium, not to mention that I'll need to buy new gear eventually because of the level cap increasing.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 71
6/28/2012 10:55:53   
zion

@mallet:
I think you should reconsider you previous post. That seems to be a very HAX tester lvl 30 nonvar mage! You really have full lvl 34 equips (including rares) for a nonvar TM with very few wins. You for sure went first and may have shot off a couple good plasma bolts, and you still didn't win.
If you actually break down the math, a lvl 34 non-var is over 50 stat points and 1 damage point weaker than an enhanced varium user - that is more than 12 levels and OP. If a fair game is intended (like all other AE games), as opposed to pay-to-win, enhancements NEED to be reevaluated. Some nice approaches have been mentioned here, and even full varium users don't seem to mind not paying twice for their weapons in the future.
If enhancements are here to stay, they should be cheaper so a non-var can grind their way towards some respectability, and vars only have to pay cash once.
I would love to hear what the establishment has to say about this growing issue. Thanks,
--Noiz

< Message edited by gk365 -- 6/28/2012 10:58:14 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 72
6/28/2012 11:34:12   
Unknown Nub

they should fully refund all enhances made and remove them from the game to balance it
Post #: 73
6/28/2012 11:41:05   
Algorithm

quote:

WHY is it that when 90% of the players who understand enhancements effects want it removed or changed yet NOTHING HAS HAPPENED!

It's a money producer :D.
Post #: 74
6/28/2012 11:51:40   
Artic Savior

I like the idea of enhancements but i hate the spending part of it. for example the delta armor. its 2k var JUST for the armor but if you want it fully enhanced its another 1.7k var i think. So that's 3.7k var just for ONE fully enhanced item. That's way over 20$ for a non-real item. Are you kidding me? i barley like buying the item once let alone TWICE.
Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Too much enhancements
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition