Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Too much enhancements

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Too much enhancements
Page 4 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/28/2012 19:25:01   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@gk Actually, my Non varium went last because my varium mage was using a high support build. Also, my non varium has absolutely no Caster skills to his name to use. I'm not a tester or anything to receive all the items that I have either. There was a lot of hard work and wins against higher levels(including both non varium and varium) in and out of power hour to get all that stuff. The battle, as I remember it, was pretty fair(like next to no blocks, crits, deflects) as well. Also, if you read the second part of my post you would see that I wished for the prices of enhancements to drop because when the cap keeps raising, non variums will have to keep dishing out well over 100k credits to keep their gear at the best levels.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 76
6/29/2012 0:47:12   
edwardvulture

I'd like to look at that build ND...

But if both people in a one on one fight were decent buildmakers, then the varium with full enahncements would have a near 100% chance, and I think that should be reduced.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 77
6/29/2012 1:47:55   
Drianx

@ND&edward

This is not an issue. Remember in Beta days it was very hard to beat someone who had 4 stat points and 1 resistance more than you (for example the founder armor advantage), and everyone seems to be fine with that.
But saying that someone who has 30 stat points (full enhancements = ~30 stat points = 6-7 levels difference) less than another should have a good chance to win will bring nothing but chaos. Look all over the forum, people keep complaining they get blocked by others with 20 less dextterity.

The issue is not the advantage that enhancements bring, but their prices and the fact that you are forced to pay for them to stay competitive.

Comparing to Beta days, you have to pay about twice as much varium for a top set. This is an undeniable fact.

< Message edited by Drianx -- 6/29/2012 1:49:19 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 78
6/29/2012 15:23:25   
Remorse

@ ND,

quote:

A lvl 30 non varium with 0 enhancements at all, nearly beat a lvl 34 Full Varium Founder Tech Mage with everything enhanced.

I remeber in beta pre enhancements I would actuly COTSTANTLY beat the level cap with full varium, at around level 25-26 ( the level cap being 30 at that time) with no varium at all.

I also remeber being able to use a far superior strategy and actuly have it win you battles completely agianst your favor.

Just because an experienced player like yourself can NEARLY beat the level cap with enhacnements does NOT make it justified.....

infact quite pathetic.

Non variums should be given hope if he have the wits, and Likewise variums should fall if they lack the strategy.

Not WITLESS variums should win because they get an outrageously more powerful build which requires nothing but spamming constant attacks.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 6/29/2012 15:24:07 >
Epic  Post #: 79
6/30/2012 8:49:16   
Nepherius

I've been playing this game since alpha stage before varium and enchs and everything else, at that point Titan said that he wont make the game Pay2Win but I guess he sold out :(
Post #: 80
6/30/2012 18:54:10   
koolymon

id like to think i was one of the better mercs in beta
however now im acctually sub-par simply due to a lack of enhancements though i guess it could be i just dont understand the game
Post #: 81
6/30/2012 19:02:13   
rayniedays56

I agree with the enhancements issue. Take this for example....

Cyber with 139 HP and 89 EP.

Now with that much health and energy, their Strength should be rather low, right?

Here is the issue.

Base strength: 39

with Enhancements: +69!

An issue with enhancements is that players can can abuse them so much where their base attributes is actually lower than their enhancements to them.

So they can have abnormally high health and high strength with Enhancements.

< Message edited by rayniedays56 -- 6/30/2012 19:03:30 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 82
7/1/2012 4:16:19   
Remorse

^ I completely agree with that.

High power and HP is a mjor issue created by enhancements.

Take blood mages for example.

Combined with Blood lust, high hp and extreme power means they can last a very long time and out damage almost all builds they come up agianst.

Back in beta or preenahncements to have the same power as the current blood mages they would need around 50hp and the minumum energy.

With health as low as 50hp the incrediably oped powerbuilds of today suddenly become beatable without luck.

I agree that if enhamcnets were removed or chnged many follow up balance changes should occur imediately after.

For example
- cyber hunter should plasma armour remved for technician.
- Tactical mercs should have mineral removed for defence matirx.
Reason: pasive armour and energy regain is extremely oped when they arnt outmatched by even more oped power builds with enhancements, so the heal looping tankers should be nerfed if enahncements were removed.

Epic  Post #: 83
7/1/2012 6:26:21   
ansh0

I suggest removing enhancements completely from this game.
Epic  Post #: 84
7/1/2012 7:03:33   
Remorse

^ I agree or even changes as a comprimise,

Infact I will persoanly not stop pushing this change until i get a result or a decent answer!

Epic  Post #: 85
7/1/2012 11:31:36   
kittycat

If enhancements were to be banished, I hope there is a compensation for it.
AQ MQ  Post #: 86
7/1/2012 12:31:42   
Unknown Nub

I agree, remove all enhancements and refund them
Post #: 87
7/3/2012 18:54:40   
steven11113

Enhancements are over price and this force people to have greater stats than non varium even more
AQW Epic  Post #: 88
7/4/2012 23:51:06   
edwardvulture

Taking them down by half woudl make them optional and not required for winnign.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 89
7/4/2012 23:51:57   
Mr. Black OP

@unknown nub
EXACTLY!!! It's not rocket science.
Epic  Post #: 90
7/5/2012 1:56:01   
InceptionAE

Since you people are complaining about enhancements here's an idea, why don't ED set requirements for Enhancements.

For example:

+60 total enhancements, you need 45 dexterity and 40 technology.

It would limit spamming 2 certain stats such as health and strength as you see in most Strength cyber hunters.
And gives you all a bit of balance within the game.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 91
7/5/2012 2:08:18   
edwardvulture

No the solution is not to eliminate it or put requirements on it. It is to lower it.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 92
7/5/2012 5:10:41   
wolfhawk spy

quote:

Since you people are complaining about enhancements here's an idea, why don't ED set requirements for Enhancements.

For example:

+60 total enhancements, you need 45 dexterity and 40 technology.
@Inception, if they had a requirement,, such as needing 50 dextirity to get full enhances,,,, and they needded dex for enhances anyway,, wouldnt that force them to have higher dex? If i wanted a good str build for my BD and i was required to have 40 str and i enhanced it 69 anyway,,, i wud help me anyway in long run and not affect me in any way tbh

< Message edited by wolfhawk spy -- 7/5/2012 5:11:10 >

Post #: 93
7/13/2012 11:30:56   
edwardvulture

Anyways there's still too much. Can we, as players, get some kind of response.
Is there ever going to be a chance that they get taken away on guns and auxes so that it can't go past 20?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 94
7/13/2012 13:15:34   
omixxx

Enhancements are needed for player this is needed cause people are using real money for winning a battle so it is fair and if it is remove so you expect that the players who have already paid for it will just sit they will get more angry
Epic  Post #: 95
7/17/2012 0:36:26   
edwardvulture

I'm pretty sure players were happier and complained less about balance problems before enhancements were made.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 96
7/17/2012 4:08:26   
.Nikzat.

well those who enhenced there wepons could just get the vatium they spent on the enhence?
idk how hard that will but that could work really good i guess but we'll se what titan gona do about this ( very expencive ) feature.
we play for fun but if the wepons are not enhence there is no fun cuz you ill lose more stats and that makes you preaty angry..
So ofc we pay for those enhencment.... so yeah thats my optinion

< Message edited by .Nikzat. -- 7/17/2012 4:13:20 >
Epic  Post #: 97
7/17/2012 10:35:47   
Vypie

They could progressively increase the base stats of future weapons, while cutting on the number of enhancement slots.
Slowly it could work, without the need of changing anything we have right now.

I would rather have the price reduced by half, though.

Epic  Post #: 98
7/17/2012 14:38:47   
edwardvulture

An unenhance button! of course. I really hope that enhancements slots get reduced before testing phase ends. They make too much of a difference.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 99
7/17/2012 14:47:38   
rayniedays56

Technically, I like enhancements, they give varium players an edge.

But could you seriously say that a non var, who worked hard for his items, with only +26-29 on all stats is fair versus and full var with +60 on one stat and +25-35 on all the others?

Example:

Non var Bounty level 34

Str 40+26
Dex 45+32
Tec 37+14
Sup 29+10

1-9-9
1-max-1
x-1-x
4-x-x

Full Var Bounty Hunter (level 32)

Str 45+59
Dex 45+55
Tec 45+15
Sup 45+9

1-1-7
x-max-4
x-1-x
4-6-x

See the imbalance?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Too much enhancements
Page 4 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition