Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Upcoming Bot Balance Changes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Upcoming Bot Balance Changes
Page 7 of 9«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/17/2012 23:34:39   
Hun Kingq

I wrote that it was too many nerfs to put on the new bot all at once. It should have been one at a time. If reduced damage did not work, the put in the deflection, if deflection did not work then extend the cool down with tanks build in 2vs2 now the matches are long. Round 5 rage the new bot was the 2nd weakest when it should be on par with Gamma bot since they both have a physical attack and an energy attack. What do expect that all what players like nerfs and more the nerfs the better especially if they are not use too losing.
Epic  Post #: 151
8/18/2012 1:20:25   
RageSoul

quote:

Round 5 rage the new bot was the 2nd weakest when it should be on par with Gamma bot since they both have a physical attack and an energy attack.

See , that's the whole point of Infernal Android's special , the longer the battle goes , the stronger it is , and how is it weak? Have you even tried surviving beyond Round 5? Juggs won't be able to handle that amount of damage it deals , but Gamma's damage range + Rage is fixed if Malfunction isn't active . Plus , there are Tanks They're also capable of making fights longer , probably up to Round 8 minimum (so that's .... 115% Damage ) .
AQW Epic  Post #: 152
8/18/2012 9:24:34   
Hun Kingq

Lord Aegis, yes the damage increases as the match goes on but what players are trying to convey is doing all three nerfs at once was too much to do at one time. Reduce damage, make it deflectable and increase the cool down. I purposed doing one nerf at a time, not all at once.
Epic  Post #: 153
8/18/2012 9:31:48   
King FrostLich

We'll be wasting weeks if only one bot will be nerfed every week. Class builds still have issues and infernal android was the main reason why all bots got a buff/nerf.
Epic  Post #: 154
8/18/2012 10:38:01   
Hun Kingq

King FrostLich, we are not talking about nerfing one bot a week, we are talking about multiple nerfs to ONE BOT at once.

If the reduction in damage to the Android was not enough then the next week, put in deflection, then if deflection was not enough than make the cool down longer.

Again we are talking about too many nerfs to one bot within the first week it was out.

< Message edited by SMGS -- 8/18/2012 11:45:19 >
Epic  Post #: 155
8/18/2012 11:10:25   
Ez_Ease

Jo Reggelt,

That is good morning in Hungarian, while I do think the nerf made was good for the infernal android.
I will agree with Hun that they could have done them one at a time.

As for the Azreal bot was the only one to basically limit the other bot special, which if one can do it
then all should be able to do it. That is there for those who think it should be fair.

The gamma bot had its day, for those who either complained or cryied about the new bot being more
powerful, there is a word for that and it is called progress very few things in this world that stays the same. Generally the
things that come after are better than the earlier version do to advances in technology. Just look at the world around us.

Have a great day.
Epic  Post #: 156
8/18/2012 15:39:39   
Mother1

Ez_Ease I think i was the only person who was complaining about the Azreal's second nerf, and to be honest since most complaints were about the new bot. Me honestly if another bot could counter another bot other then the Azreal borg then go for it I said that before as even if they could counter it by a certain percent the bot could still do it's job and assist you even after the nerf just not at it's full power. However the immunity nerf make the bot special useless in that kind of situation and as I stated make the bot contridict itself. However most were on the more on the point that the bot couldn't be at it's full power then see the other side of the agruement.

I just hope in the future that when they do make more bots they avoid making them with buff abilities. cause if that happened Azreal borg owners might do like most people did with the Gamma bot when the infernal android came out until the recent buff.
Epic  Post #: 157
8/18/2012 18:33:56   
Ez_Ease

Mother1 hi,

I agree with you I personally dont mind if a bot was design to counter a specific bot, I think it would add to the game. I only said fair because there are many who believe that because what you have I should have too. look no further than the recent war and comments about it is 2-2 imagine the outcry if it was 1-3. Numbers can lie very easily

I see your point because it would frustrate me when I would use my Bio bot and out comes Azreal bot and poof there goes the bulk of it usefullness. So Bio is a buff for a person to use to reflect dmg back to the person attacking mainly strength build. Most everyone would switch to ranged attacks.
I would suggest that they could buff it to all attacks and do a percentage like 15 to 25 percent on ranged attacks. Or have it get stronger based off surroundings if you are in a area where there is forest it is strong and weaker where there is no grass.

Have a great day time to go see a movie not sure what I want to see.
Epic  Post #: 158
8/18/2012 21:16:13   
ScarletReaper

Here's a silly question, why does my pyrofly now have the same starting damage as the infernal android? I don't remember seeing a damage reduction to pyrofly in the notes. Now my rare bot I spent 1900 varium on is no better than a nonvarium bot? Whaaaaaaat??

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 159
8/18/2012 21:18:45   
Mother1

Scarlet reaper, that is only for it's special ability. it's normal attack does normal focus level damage people the added bonus with tech.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 8/18/2012 21:19:32 >
Epic  Post #: 160
8/18/2012 21:25:34   
ScarletReaper

No check the wiki. They both do 10-14 + tech and focus. pyrofly did 11-15 before the update. also my bioborg used to be 12-16 and is now 11-15. Now only rusted assault bot does less than my pyrofly. wtf?
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 161
8/18/2012 21:27:42   
Rayman
Banned

^
BioBorg Never had 12-16
AQW Epic  Post #: 162
8/18/2012 21:31:08   
Mother1

Wow they nerfed a lot of the varium bots in attack power. Not just the pyro fly. the assault bot was stronger offensively as well but now it has been nerfed there as well. Only the Gamma bot and Azreal borg, and baby yeti (Suprisingly the bots not available now) weren't nerfed in that since.

Also Bio borg never had 12-16 only gamma did. The bio borg always had 11-15.
Epic  Post #: 163
8/18/2012 21:31:29   
ScarletReaper

I could be wrong on the bio borg, but I KNOW pyrofly was higher. That's the bot I actually used. I know it's stats.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 164
8/18/2012 21:33:18   
Mother1

The pyro fly had the same power as Azreal, and the bio borg as well as the assault bot. The rusted bot was and still is weaker then the rest offensively.
Epic  Post #: 165
8/18/2012 21:35:20   
ScarletReaper

Why didn't the dev's say anything? Hoping we wouldn't notice? lol
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 166
8/18/2012 21:35:24   
Rayman
Banned

Scarlet: and you are wrong again, pyro fly had all the time 10-14 dmg from the day it got relased.

< Message edited by Rayman -- 8/18/2012 21:37:32 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 167
8/18/2012 21:44:15   
ScarletReaper

@rayman, You really think seeing as how I use a 5 focus build that I DON'T pay attention to how much damage my bot does? I know for a FACT that it was lowered.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 168
8/18/2012 21:47:42   
Rayman
Banned

Link To a vid, where it shows u the first weeks of the pyro fly and the guy shows the dmg and all.
AQW Epic  Post #: 169
8/18/2012 21:49:20   
  WhiteTiger

Majestic Feline of AQ3D & ED

@ScarletReaper The page history on the wiki can also confirm that from the day the Pyro Fly was released, it always did 10-14 damage. [See differences from page creation date to last edited date]

< Message edited by WhiteTiger -- 8/18/2012 21:50:52 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 170
8/18/2012 21:54:38   
ScarletReaper

So they just made the new bot do the exact same damage as a bot I paid 1900 varium for? That's waaaaayyyy better I guess.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 171
8/19/2012 1:12:58   
AQWPlayer

You paid for the cool special, not the damage...seriously
AQW  Post #: 172
8/19/2012 2:59:23   
King FrostLich

quote:

King FrostLich, we are not talking about nerfing one bot a week, we are talking about multiple nerfs to ONE BOT at once.

Isn't that the same as nerfing one bot as well?
Epic  Post #: 173
8/19/2012 8:28:48   
ScarletReaper

@AQW You know how often I use the special? I'll give you a hint, the last time I used it was the week it was released. Also, it shouldn't matter how cool the special is. Varium bots should do more damage than non variums. Look at the damage on rusted assault bot. If anything, infernal android should do 9-13.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 174
8/19/2012 15:32:24   
King FrostLich

Here is everything compiled about the robot balance update. Robots
Epic  Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Upcoming Bot Balance Changes
Page 7 of 9«<56789>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition